My Watchguard Experience
December 23, 2021
My Watchguard Experience
Manager in Information TechnologyEntertainment Company, 11-50 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with WatchGuard Network Security
- Easy to create branch office VPN tunnels between other WatchGuard devices.
- VPN support for most non-WatchGuard devices.
- Good policy manager gui. Very usable.
- It would be nice to have a fully functional web interface [for the] server manager. The server manager is often very slow over remote connections.
- Better support for OpenVPN server, or at least an easier way of creating tunnels using OpenVPN.
- user VPN user management is a little confusing until you understand that all users need to be created under SSL users, regardless of VPN type.
- Would be nice to have traffic statistics on traffic management objects.
- Capital expense is lower than most any other comparable product.
- Initial installation is very easy and fast, which saves more money.
- Management is easy enough to use that novices are comfortable managing the system.
We now use Esecurity Solutions. They are fast to quote and very quick to deliver. They apparently have a very good relationship with Watchguard as I always receive new license keys much faster than I did with our previous partner. I also like Esecurity because they follow up on everything, but are not annoying either. They seem to understand what's important and what isn't.
Develop a strategy based on a solid plan ahead of time. Talk to a security specialist before buying anything, it's important to understand needs before purchasing. Also good to know how long products will be available before they go EOL.
The statement above is kind of accurate... It's true, WatchGuard is offered in a single appliance, however licensing is applied to the features you are using. I like the al a carte method of licensing as it saves money and management. There's no reason to pay for a feature set you're not using.
Do you think WatchGuard Network Security delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WatchGuard Network Security's feature set?
Did WatchGuard Network Security live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of WatchGuard Network Security go as expected?
Would you buy WatchGuard Network Security again?
Full-featured, including BO VPNs, User VPNs, and great traffic/packet passing performance under all conditions and applications. [The] price point can't be beaten. I connect all our business locations using [a] mesh-type VPN strategy and it works flawlessly. Occasionally, I'll need to configure a VPN tunnel manually, but not very often. Just select what devices and networks and you've got a secure tunnel up & running in minutes. I've never had an intrusion using Watchguard, their system is about as secure as you can get. I was a past administrator of Checkpoint systems and Watchguard is every bit as good and a lot less expensive.