Webex Meetings at a glance
August 24, 2021
Webex Meetings at a glance
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Webex Meetings
Webex was the de facto collaboration tool across our Enterprise until our recent acquisition of Blue Jeans. Webex is still being used by a large number of our employees who resell Cisco Webex services. Getting hands on experience with the tool is the best way to know what you are selling and being able to recommend it to our customers. It is a fantastic collaboration tool. And the fact that the Meetings capability is intertwined with Messaging and Calling, it makes for a complete Collaboration suite for before, during and after your meeting.
- File transfer within the meeting.
- Webex Assistant can start your meeting with a voice command.
- Tons of Analytics in Control Hub to show usage and adoption.
- Transcriptions to allow for communication among people from different parts of the world.
- Slido is currently a separate application managed outside of Webex Meetings. However, I believe roadmap development will soon remedy this.
- The time it took to get a migration strategy from Webex Site Admin to Control Hub and the feature parity between the two.
- The general lag in features for MAC users.
- Great productivity gains.
- Good reseller revenue stream.
Do you think Webex Meetings delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Webex Meetings's feature set?
Did Webex Meetings live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Webex Meetings go as expected?
Would you buy Webex Meetings again?
Webex Meetings is a great collaboration tool for general meetings where two-way communication is encouraged, also for whiteboarding and true collaboration between smaller groups. Cisco has developed other services like Event Center that are better tailored for larger engagements where a few speakers present to a larger audience who listens to the event via their laptop speakers.
Webex Meetings Feature Ratings
Evaluating Webex Meetings and Competitors
Webex is a more mature product with integrations with Messaging and Calling all within the same suite of services. The audio and video call quality are top-notch. The Control Hub admin portal is user-friendly and comprehensive in terms of capabilities. The new training resources through GoLearn for new admins and end-users is really well done.
Webex Meetings Reliability
The product was not as feature rich. The online documentation was often outdated. It was a piecemeal solution where the buyer needs to pull it all together.
Not as feature rich.
Pages load quickly. Reports complete in a reasonable time frame, given their complexity. Webex Meetings easily integrates with other software or systems through BOTS and APIs. Rich developer community.