Quick, simple, effective but not perfect.
June 11, 2021

Quick, simple, effective but not perfect.

Overall Satisfaction with Webexpenses

Webexpenses is used by all staff needing to claim expenses incurred through their role. It offers a simple solution for claiming and managing expenses and compliance with expense policy across the organisation. It simplifies the workflow for approval of expenses and eliminates the need for paperwork in the claims process.
  • Simple claims process.
  • App allowing direct upload of receipts.
  • Simple claims tracking system.
  • Prioritizing frequently claimed items could be better. Most users claim the same things over and over.
  • Splitting a claim between cost centres is not possible.
  • Splitting receipts between cost centres is not possible.
  • Less time spent recording, calculating and managing claims.
  • No longer keeping paper records whilst on business trips.
It is as simple as your organization wants it to be but flexible enough to deal with complex company policies where required. For a claimant, the system can be clunky and confusing but this has more to do with how your company uses it. We have many different line items specified to choose between and Webexpenses does not deal well with sorting, filtering, and selecting between them. One big dropdown menu is used in most cases. As over 90% of those items are duplicates, applying only to one subset of staff, I would prefer if I could permanently hide those items rather than scroll past them every time to find what I need. This could be more of an issue with how our organization uses Webexpenses though.
I have no experience of this.
I am not involved in this process.
I am not involved in this process.

Do you think Webexpenses delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Webexpenses's feature set?

Did Webexpenses live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Webexpenses go as expected?

Would you buy Webexpenses again?

Webexpenses is well suited where a company has a large userbase of staff who need to claim expenses. Webexpenses could deal with different rates of claims available to different staff better, it could hide items the users are not entitled to claim to simplify the interface. In our organisation there are over 50 mileage rates a user could claim through webexpenses but only one of those will apply to each user.