Quick and easy expense management tool

Quick and easy expense management tool

Modules Used

• Expense Management

Overall Satisfaction with Webexpenses

It's being used across the whole organization to allow employees to submit expense requests which are automatically routed to the correct approver(s) and presumably then into the necessary backend systems. I've only used it for a couple of computer hardware expenses so far but I understand it's used extensively to support mileage claims.
  • Intuitive user interface.
  • Convenient and fast mobile app.
  • Integration with HR organisation and backend systems.
  • Quicker and easier receipt upload workflow.
  • Ability to link to employee's accounts with Amazon, etc. and automatically populate claims.
  • Ability for IT team to recommend specific items and suppliers and provide a quick and easy way to order directly through Webexpenses.
  • As a end user, it has provided a positive impact as it's enabled me to spend as little time as possible in order to complete my request.
  • For my manager, it has provided a positive impact as they were able to review and approve my requests in a matter of seconds so they can get back to their job.
  • For the HR and finance teams, it has provided a positive impact as it seems that the system is fully managed and requires minimal admin on the behalf of these internal teams.
It's quick and easy but I found the receipt upload and linking workflow slightly confusing - i.e. it took me away from the main expense request entry screen and I had to click the back arrow once I'd uploaded and ticked my receipt. Not something that would faze me next time I log in and use they system now I am used to the process though.
I don't know, I haven't had to contact Webexpenses for support on this occasion. I can't imagine the support team have to deal with many requests from individual end users given how intuitive the product is, at least for the most part. It's good to know that support is available though!
I've just used it as an individual employee to raise a couple of expense requests, but if the other parts of the system are as slick and well designed as the main expense request interface, I'm sure it saves a huge amount of time for such activities that would be carried out by line managers, finance teams, etc.
I didn't have any input in the decision of my employer to purchase Webexpenses. I am constrained to use whatever expenses system my current employer chooses to use. However I am pleased that they chose Webexpenses as my experience has been good. In the past I have been discouraged from making small expense requests because of the clunky expenses systems employed by some of my previous employers.
My most recent previous employer used an implementation of Oracle eBusiness Suite for tasks such as expense management and absence reporting. This was quite clunky and required multiple clicks and data entry steps. I must say that Webexpenses is much quicker and easier to get the hang of, and I was up and running in minutes.

Do you think Webexpenses delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Webexpenses's feature set?

Did Webexpenses live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Webexpenses go as expected?

Would you buy Webexpenses again?

It seems to work well in my scenario - as a new starter who needed to order a couple of items of computer hardware that weren't already supplied by the IT teams, I found the whole process quick and easy. It might not work as well in situations where an employee is left to order a large amount of equipment from different suppliers.