WordPress Review 43 of 71
User Review: "WordPress User"
Updated December 04, 2014

User Review: "WordPress User"

Score 10 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with WordPress

Our organization uses WordPress on most every website we build. WordPress helps us put the control of a website into the hands of our customer. Our customers can upload images, create blogs, and much more. Our whole organization stands behind WordPress.
  • Creates Blogs
  • Easily allows image uploads
  • SEO is simple
  • More PHP instructions
  • More Template Instructions
  • More instructions in general
  • Increased employee efficiency
  • Better customer service
  • Helps to finish our work faster
I selected WordPress because it was simple to use
I am a WordPress enthusiast now! I like to use PHP to achieve my tasks. There are so many programs out there to use in this way, but I still think WordPress is the easiest and most efficient way of creating websites and putting the power of updates into the clients hands.
If a website owner has no need to update their site, I would not recommend WordPress generally. I would recommend a Static Site

Using WordPress

• Give Speeches

Evaluating WordPress and Competitors

Yes - Static Website Design
  • Price
It is Free in most cases
I would have jumped straight to WordPress, rather than using Drupal to start off with.

WordPress Implementation

Take it one step at a time, and don't over use plugins. We did and our site has suffered in loading speed.
  • PHP learning curve
  • Explaining to clients how to use

WordPress Support

Mostly free services, so time is not of the essence. This is a community, not a sales team, in general.
ProsCons
Problems get solved
Support cares about my success
Slow Resolution
Escalation required
Need to explain problems multiple times
Slow Initial Response
Yes - I need support when I need it! Not when a blog/forum decides to respond.
General CSS has been very helpful in the WordPress forums as well as general PHP issues. From the type of PHP issue in how to display something somewhere on a website to the way a PHP call will work. I've found a great many snippets of PHP to get me through my issues.

Using WordPress

Most of WordPress works great and is easy to use. Sometimes themes have issues or are discontinued
ProsCons
  • Widgets
  • PHP
  • Some color changes
  • Loading large websites
Yes - Depends on the theme. Some themes are great, others not so much, but overall good