The Yellowfin Pintl Strategyhttps://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biYellowfinUnspecified7.8221012016-08-15T19:03:13.794Z
August 15, 2016
The Yellowfin Pintl Strategy
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Yellowfin
As a business solutions company Virtualscape decided to standardise on Yellowfin as our reporting and dashboard solution. We embedded the product inside our own operations management software called Pintl which we sell to our clients in the African market. Our software is designed to assist clients to manage their business processes during the operational cycles with the aim of understanding operational needs and Yellowfin is used to report on as well a track KPA and KPI values for such processes. Pintl assists clients too achieve data input accuracy, improved efficiency with turn-around-times on back-end processes and well as simplifying execution of real world activities. Yellowfin is used to showcase performance and areas for improvement.
- The Yellowfin user interface fits seamlessly into our own web software as it too is designed in the latest web technologies making it easy to use and easily accessible to our client base.
- The Yellowfin user interface is intuitive and easy to use, elevating VSV clients from needing in-depth training on the product before true value can be realised.
- The Yellowfin architecture supports the Pintl architecture 100% due to a similar design strategy and as such no real overhead is added to the Pintl system for the addition of the Yellowfin product nor does it add any additional IT overhead to be used.
- The Yellowfin product is quick and simple to develop reports and dashboards in cutting turn-around-time at the VSV development team and when new/custom reports are required by VSV clients.
- Initially the Yellowfin business model was difficult to align to the VSV model but through some simple negotiations a workable model was reach which made in commercial application viable
- Some additional licensing models could also be of value as we do not use the product in a pure business intelligence only application.
The Yellowfin product technologies are superior and offers more flexibility in application. The Yellowfin product can be used in several different areas such a report engine over and above being a solid business intelligence tool. It further needs significant IT overhead to be used and can easily be integrated and offered as part of a larger solution.
The Yellowfin product has most datasources and supports data merging at a dynamic and interactive level. It also supports the Pintl strategy around multiple system sources of data brought into an abstracted cubed environment.
Yellowfin makes it easy to share and distribute reports and information through the various dissemination options available. On of the key features of the product is the scripting interface where charts and graphs can now dynamically form part of non Yellowfin interfaces but still be driven by the Yellowfin engine.
The agile and flexible nature of the product along side the standard APIs and technologies makes Yellowfin a strategic winner for companies looking to offer services and products into the business world where the primary focus is not simply business intelligence but where business intelligence still forms a key contributor to the overall customer solution.