A Powerful Combination
September 21, 2021

A Powerful Combination

Anonymous | TrustRadius Reviewer
Score 9 out of 10
Vetted Review
Verified User
Review Source

Overall Satisfaction with Zerto on IBM Cloud

We use Zerto on IBM Cloud so our infrastructure is reliable and flexible. This is done [in] 90% of the organization as the other other 10% is allowed to be independent with their choices. Zerto is a good fit for our organization because it allows us to keep applications backed up and highly available. We used to be just a one site IT solution, but now we can use the IBM Cloud in concert with Zerto to ensure that local issues do not cost us time and money. In short, it keeps us in business and keeps everyone productive even through disaster.
  • Failover
  • Backup
  • Integration
  • Cost
  • Complexity
  • Documentation
  • Initial cost seems high
  • Long term cost saves us money from failures
  • Buy in from management justifies the expense
Thankfully we haven't had to do this routinely, but in actuality in the times we have tested this feature it has worked well. Knowing we have these tools in our back pocket, we feel ready for most any disaster scenario with recovery tools that should do what we need. By having these tools the specter of deployment time doesn't feel as daunting.
We haven't really used this functionality. But from the demo's it has looked really good. Hopefully in the future we'll have an opportunity to explore this feature in more depth. In any case, we like to use multiple cloud providers where possible to limit our exposure to any one vendor's issues.
We had prior experience with Zerto and we were very happy with how it worked. Rubrik is also a very good product, but we wanted to go with the solution we were most familiar with. Zerto combined with IBM Cloud is a reliable combo that we feel works together well in addressing what we are trying to accomplish.
  • IBM Cloud Virtual Servers
  • IBM Cloud Functions
We are able to leverage more automated features and get things running more efficiently. Deployment time is minimized and we are empowered to try new endeavors without as much concern for setup time and discovery. It helps to have tools that pull things together so we do not have to get into the minutia of command line options and obscure documentation.
Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365), MS SharePoint, DB2

Do you think Zerto on IBM Cloud delivers good value for the price?

Yes

Are you happy with Zerto on IBM Cloud's feature set?

Yes

Did Zerto on IBM Cloud live up to sales and marketing promises?

Yes

Did implementation of Zerto on IBM Cloud go as expected?

Yes

Would you buy Zerto on IBM Cloud again?

Yes

Zerto on IBM Cloud is great to get your datacenter redundant and highly available. It overcomes geographic contingencies and makes your production environment reliably flexible. If you do not like the added cost of redundancy or cost of cloud services, this inconvenient fee may not fit you well. But you'd be better off in the long run to have Zerto protecting your bottom line despite the cost.