Zix for the win
February 08, 2017
Zix for the win
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zix Email Encryption (ZixEncrypt)
We use Zix across our whole organization. We needed a solution that both the public and our lenders could not only use but would be easy to use. We have tried about 4-6 different companies but ran into issues with either ease of use or our lenders would not use/trust [them] or the public had problems. Zix was our first true solution that took care of any and all issues.
- The encryption process is as simple as pressing "Send".
- The emails our customers receive are simple to navigate.
- If we are emailing a current Zix customer the encryption process is transparent.
- Admin control is almost non existent. Have more control of my account.
- The ability to create/edit our own rules for encryptions versus having to contact support and submit a ticket and wait for the add or maybe a question.
- A better option to encrypt PDFs, I understand you cannot scan a PDF for text. But since we are only allowed one rule (enable all attached PDFs to automatically encrypt) We are forced to choose the lesser of two evils.
- In the beginning customers did not like having an encrypted email sent to them, we have tried to educate them in the fact that we are following federal law and protecting their personal information. We have seen them calm down.
- Zix is easy enough to guide someone over the phone to log in and get their encrypted email.
- The automatic rules setup (lexicons) give me peace of mind that if an employee messes up on an email, it will be caught before it ever reaches a customers inbox.
Ease of use by our employees, customers and lenders. Something the banks would accept.
Zix is an almost perfect solution for our industry, with new TRID rules requiring all NPI information be encrypted when emailing. Zix has proven to meet the challenge with almost every aspect. Like I commented earlier I have tried different solutions and had a lot more issues with those (both cheaper and more expensive).
Using Zix Email Encryption (ZixEncrypt)
Zix is so easy to use we usually forget to include it in new hire training! Yet things are still just as secure as ever. If I did not tell any of the staff we have an encrypted email service they probably might not even know one is in use! Of course, we do have Zix as a part of training but it lasts about 2 minutes.