A solid choice for social
August 06, 2020
A solid choice for social
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zoho Social
We are testing Zoho Social for its agency features, managing social media channels across various brands on behalf of third parties. The platform allows us to collaborate on content for clients across multiple channels and allows clients to access the content directly. There are some limitations to collaboration and post-development, but it is easy to use and the price is accessible, even for smaller companies and startups. I especially like that even the smaller plans allow you to add someone on your team, and the calendar feature for social planning is also a plus.
- Accessible pricing for rich features.
- Ability to include a team member, even at the lowest subscription tiers.
- Calendar feature for social planning.
- Agency tools for managing client's social.
- Limitations for collaborating mean that we sometimes have redundancies.
- Post limitations on the main platform lead to having to create separate content for each channel in different posts instead of being able to customize for each channel in one place.
- No Instagram stories.
3 - Currently, we only have three people testing Zoho Social. We represent the decision-maker and part of the team that curates content for clients, including our director of branding and social media. We are still considering the agency-level subscription, at which point, we would include additional users—most importantly, the clients themselves.
- Saves time
- Costs less for the initial investment.
- Allows us to develop workflows that so far seem to work well with the tool, which means increased productivity.
The biggest initial differentiator is the accessible pricing. The surprising advantage is customer support. Other tools do have more sophisticated content revision functionality but fall short in other areas. This is the only one that includes additional users and planning features at the lowest access tier. Others integrate with more common tools that I want to use, but another interesting offer from Zoho is that it offers its own tools that integrate seamlessly, which we are still exploring, like their CRM.
This platform is great for smaller companies and startups because of its accessible pricing and rich features. It also works well when you have a team to manage multiple brands. However, there will be challenges to managing workflows and content as a company grows, especially if you are looking for an agency platform. It has some good integrations available, but this is also an area that could be improved.