Sales Development Representative
Full-Time in Austin, TX Sales
TrustRadius is the customer voice and insights platform that helps tech buyers make great decisions, and helps the technology vendors acquire and retain customers.
As the Sales Development Representative, you will play a vital role in the growth of our sales pipeline. You will identify and qualify sales opportunities, partner with our sales team to determine the accounts that require penetrating, target those accounts, respond to inbound leads, and set initial appointments. This role will encompass research, cold calling, collaboration, time management, pipeline development, and thorough communication.
1) Lead & Appointment Generation:
- Directly responsible and accountable for producing qualified leads and appointments between the prospects and Account Executives to assist in meeting company objectives.
- Partner with Account Executives to develop a given territory and call on targeted account lists, build relationships with key decision makers to identify project and business needs.
- Achieve quarterly lead generation and conversion goals set by sales management.
- Proactively call into accounts on targeted lists by utilizing and maintaining corporate database.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all activity throughout the marketing development cycle in Marketo and/or Salesforce.com, as appropriate.
- Maintain strong relationship with sales team through clear communication and follow-up.
2) Internal Communication:
- Facilitate communication between Marketing and Sales, particularly to help improve the lead-qualification criteria, process, and tools.
- Provide feedback to the Marketing team on quality of inquiries/leads obtained through various Marketing/Sales vehicles and provide input for future campaigns and promotions.
- Continually improve the quality of the marketing database by updating records to ensure accurate account and contact information.
3) Continuous Learning & Professional Development:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all TrustRadius' product offerings through marketing materials, enablement resources and participation in product demonstrations and client meetings.
- Stay current on industry trends and maintain knowledge of competitors’ product offerings.
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years experience with customer service, inbound and outbound telesales, or market development activities
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Well organized, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Ability to penetrate accounts and nurture potential opportunities
- Understanding of consultative sales process
- Active listening skills
- Proven problem solver with a strong desire to learn
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong research skills
- Experience using a CRM - Salesforce.com is a plus
- Interest and excitement around technology and the sales profession
Transparent - Our mission is to put the customer's voice at the core of every business, so we're transparent in everything we do - with our site visitors, with our customers, and with each other.
Respectful - We envision a world where truth drives every business decision, so every voice matters - every voice in the market and every team member's voice.
Unstoppable - Changing the world by bringing truth to the market isn't an easy job. So we work fast and lean, do seven impossible things before breakfast, and we never quit til we get the job done.
Team Player - None of us can do this alone, so we win as one team, celebrate our victories, and support each other.
Human - In a software-driven world, truth isn't just an algorithm. Reviews written by real humans are how we're taking truth to market. And it's humans who write the code, do the research, and serve the customers who make TrustRadius special.