|Employees on LinkedIn:||49,032 (all of ADP)|
|Founded:||1949 (ADP); WFN launched in 2009|
ADP Workforce Now has four main modules: Payroll + Tax, HR & Benefits (with ACA add-on), Talent (recruiting, compensation, performance management), and Time & Labor Management. According to the vendor, 80% of customers are using more than one module. ADP also offers a DataCloud (analytics and benchmarking), Document Cloud, the ADP Marketplace, and ancillary solutions such as Retirement Services (401k), COBRA, health & spending accounts, and commuter benefits packages, which can be used with WFN.
In addition to the cloud-based software platform, WFN includes access to ADP's provides professional services network, with experts who can consult with customers around compliance issues like the Affordable Care Act. WFN is targeted towards mid-market companies with 50-999 employees.
The vendor says there are 6 main areas of product development underway: improving the user experience, making reporting more interactive and leveraging the vendor's mountain of big data for things like benchmarking, staying on top of changing compliance regulations, increasing connectivity across modules and with third-party tools, upgrading talent management features, and making customers less reliant on the services organization with easier implementation and more self-service pieces. The vendor says their WFN product roadmap is especially aggressive around the mobile application, and consumerization of the user experience is a theme throughout.
Based on user feedback, reviewer demographics, and buyer research patterns on TrustRadius, ADP Workforce Now is:
A good fit for: Mid-sized companies (with more than 100 employees but that are not too large and complex) that wish to upgrade from a paper system, payroll-only software, or other ADP products
Most compared to: UltiPro, Kronos Workforce Central, Paycom, Dayforce HCM, and Paylocity Web Pay
Find detailed user ratings of Workforce Now's Core HR features here.
|Workforce Now Pros||Workforce Now Cons|
||Customer Service & Support
||Integration between modules
|Time tracking + payroll
|Vendor is established (and familiar)
The ADP Workforce Now® product roadmap is focused on rapid deployment and ongoing improvement in key areas that include:
- User experience: client enablement and self-service, workflow improvements, simplicity without sacrificing completeness
- Tools for driving business insights: streamlined reporting for clients to analyze their own data and trends, enhancements to benchmarking and analytics tapping into ADP's DataCloud and its massive aggregated data set
- Connectivity and openness: ongoing expansion of ability to move data in and out of Workforce Now via the ADP Marketplace 3rd party partners and direct APIs to create seamless experiences for practitioners and employees
- Talent: improvements to recruiting and on-boarding candidates, getting the most out of your workforce
- Client implementation: acceleration of client on-boarding via tools, processes and best practices; decreasing time to adoption
In addition to constant product improvements and innovation, the services and support surrounding ADP Workforce Now® are the beneficiaries of significant investment in staffing, training, tools and resources as part of a continuous goal to deliver outstanding client experiences.