Reviews (1-4 of 4)
February 03, 2020
12d Synergy is being used in our organization to help manage 12d model and engineering design data/documentation on small to large scale infrastructure projects across numerous disciplines and geographical locations. 12d Synergy helps solve resource sharing issues and data management integrity by having a centralized server where users are able to check-in/check-out data. It speeds existing working conditions up as users work on the files in a local work space and once finished, check the data back to the server with a description of what has changed during the check out period. This process allows other users to be notified of changes, what has changed and if needed, the users can roll back previous versions of files.
- 12d Synergy manages 12d model data and data sharing for projects across the same or different locations really well and provides security and integrity that wasn't available before 12d Synergy was developed.
- 12d Synergy integrates with the Microsoft Office suite including outlook really well, with solutions to help transfer information attributes from 12d Synergy into documentation fields, saving time and maintaining consistency. It manages and files emails and can be set up to be simply filed away or have additional information attached to the email if necessary.
- 12d Synergy could provide additional analytical reporting on user behavior and usage out of the box.
- Improved speeds when referencing shared files from other 12d model projects.
12d Synergy is particularly well suited to engineering and construction firms involved in managing data on any size project. It handles the management and integration of 12d model projects and other engineering documentation throughout a project life cycle. Data is managed in a centralized server or cloud setup and allows users in different locations to check in and check out data to a local workspace. This process allows users to receive notifications and see what has changed on folders and files and provides the users an ability to roll back to the previous version if necessary.
12d Synergy is locally supported and available by phone or forum for both business and usability issues.
Read Travis March's full review
Yes - The process ran smoothly with 12d Synergy providing hands on support person throughout the process.
Currently, the software is being used by about 60 staff members within Australia. It started as a trial in our urban development sector to help address data management issues we were encountering in which no other CDE was addressing. We instantly saw the benefits and have never looked back.
12d Synergy is perfect for the medium to large projects in which large data sets are being used and management of this data is critical.
Read Patrick Cavanagh's full review
The 12d Synergy team is always ensuring our issues and needs are resolved promptly. Whether it be on the forum or phone, they are kind and helpful.
February 11, 2020
12d Synergy has been implemented as our organization's document management system across all offices and departments. It is currently being used to store and manage all data including MS Office, Emails, AutoCAD and 12d Model. When choosing a document management system 12d Synergy's ability to handle large files and multiple office locations made it clearly stand out as the best in the market for the engineering industry.
- Working with remote offices has always been difficult, however, 12d Synergy has solved this while maintaining the speed of a local network.
- Compatibility with most applications through managed folders.
- Limited integration with REVIT.
12d Synergy and its ability to handle all file types really suited the engineering industry.
Read this authenticated review
Excellent support and the development team is open to feature requests.
February 04, 2020
12d Synergy (12dS) is used by our Civil Engineers and is supporting several engineering applications, especially those which are not a "single file" database, i.e. uses a folder of files. 12d Synergy allows our users to be anywhere. If they have an internet connection (even 4G cell), it works fine.
- Manages multiple files in a folder, while allowing file sharing (AutoCAD, xrefs, etc.)
- Delivers HUGE (2, 3, or 5GB) files with minimal bandwidth
- Because we work with huge files (a few GB is not uncommon), I would like to see zipped downloads added to the feature list (PS already has zipped uploads)
- Where large file transfers have been initiated by the user, it would be good to be able to change your mind and pause/interrupt that if you decide that you don't want to wait for that data after all
I give it a 10/10 for managing folders full of files common in engineering applications. It's particularly well suited for 12dModel, AutoCAD and AutoCAD-like applications, even GIS applications where the files are huge. We are still delving into the extra features like web drops, external publishing and DMS, but the features there appear to be spot on.
Read this authenticated review
We get great support from the app team. They listen to our views and often implement our suggestions - we have nearly exhausted our wish list since it's all been implemented.
12d Synergy Scorecard Summary
What is 12d Synergy?
12d Synergy is document management and project collaboration software for architectural, engineering and construction offices. 12d Synergy manages the thousands of emails, documents, tasks and gigabytes of geospatial & CAD data surrounding built environment projects. The vendor states their goal with 12d Synergy is to create a common data environment and single source of truth, and boast over 5,600 architects, engineers and surveyors from sole traders to global enterprises as users.
Categories: Document Management
12d Synergy Integrations
12d Synergy Competitors
12d Synergy Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|Advanced Data Management||$0.00|
12d Synergy Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||25%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||45%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||25%|
12d Synergy Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
12d Synergy Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Australia, New Zealand|