Reviews (1-2 of 2)
August 14, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
3dcart is one of two eCommerce programs I recommend/use for clients looking to implement an online store. It is easy to set up and use and a good value for the dollar for those that are not experienced with running an online store.
- SEO - 3dcart is built in such a way that even if you do no SEO work at all, as long as you use the meta description wizard on each page or product you wind up still searching pretty well in Google.
- Product uploads - Product uploads are easy to do with 3dcart's .csv import/export feature. No need to struggle with messy simple and variable uploads like on WooCommerce, 3dcart takes the guesswork and hassle out of uploading different product types.
- Media uploads - Media uploads are quick and simple and the uploader always works.
- 3dcart does not connect to many of the POS systems my clients use so we need to manually update inventory daily/weekly.
- There are many modules available to do many different things, but it makes you feel like you are being tickled and died to death to get the site to do exactly what you want. Also can be confusing if you don't know what you actually need.
- It's a little difficult/confusing to upload products with multiple variations - ie: color and size - especially if there are multiples colors and multiple sizes.
Read Tracy Beers's full review
3dcart works well for small to medium size businesses that want to take care of their own website and product uploads and have the time to stay on top of inventory management. It does not work as well for a business who wants to just "turn it on" and forget about it unless they are able to integrate their POS system with 3dcart to manage inventory.
December 17, 2015
Score 8 out of 10
We used 3DCart as our website and shopping cart. It served as a marketing tool as well.
- Strong shopping cart capabilities, with all types of promotions and discounting capabilities. Easy to set up the promotion and implement the campaign.
- Integration with our email provider to be able to segment buyers based on timing of purchase.
- Easy to use blog, was able to set up each post simply and create SEO/Meta tags associated with each post.
- Products set up was easy and there are options for categories and classes to make setting up the store easy.
- Easy to use for someone with no programming skills.
- Using images on the site and in the blog was a cumbersome process. The upload was easy enough, but finding and using the image after upload was terrible. The navigation of the images was difficult and there were no sort functions.
- For a simple site without the need for a log in admin or shipping, these functions and capabilities were not easily hidden or removed. You needed to have a programmer go into the code to remove them. For a tool like 3dcart, it seemed to be something they could have taken care of with check boxes in the settings.
- While expected, the templates available were very basic and simple. To enhance the look of your site, you will need a programmer or pay for the premium templates.
Read Mark Madans's full review
3dcart is well suited to getting a site up and running quickly with shopping cart capabilities. The merchant account set up was easy and there are inventory and shipping capabilities, as well. It is a very powerful tool for a small business without full time IT support on staff. While I did not have many products, it seemed like a merchant with a large inventory would have to spend a great deal of time on setting up the store.
3dcart Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
3dcart is a customizable eCommerce platform designed to build an online store. Some features include Level 1 PCI security compliance, the same level used by banks and large financial institutions, along with search engine optimized templates and no transaction fees.
3dcart Technical Details