Reviews (1-22 of 22)
- 7Sheep's support is fantastic and they have been extremely helpful, whenever we have encountered issues or needed assistance, in particular when we first began using the product. They were great in helping us to customize everything for our use.
- I particularly appreciate how easy it is to create queries and separate our contact lists. This aids us immensely with targeted communications.
- The tags to personalize mailings are incredibly useful and save a lot of time.
- I enabled text message campaigns within our account and it is really very simple, a very low additional cost and drives our personalized engagement further.
- The personalized tags cannot be accessed from the menu/page you create your emails. I get around this by opening two windows, but in the future this might be an improvement.
- I needed to create custom reports in order to get the overview on the campaigns that I needed. More generic reporting would be a useful feature.
- I would like to be able to duplicate e-mail campaigns across different activities/databases. I could set up a mailing template for this but sometimes it would be good to be able to just re-create a particular campaign that we received a good response to for another, entirely different, activity.
- Whenever we needed help their support was quick to guide us.
- Contact form integration on our website was done via an embed code. We use WordPress and just copied the code on the page.
- Aggregating our different contact lists from several systems was very important for us. We [now] have a comprehensive overview of our contacts and donors in a single online tool.
- 7Sheep is a European company and also has its servers in Europe. Because of data protection laws this was key for us.
- We can produce form letters straight out of the tool.
- A Wordpress plugin is missing. This could make it easier to install the tracking code and to embed forms.
- A payment module. If we could get donations directly in the tool we would not need to integrate our payment software.
- The templates for mail merge need to be integrated via the 7Sheep support. Would love to do this on my own.
- Easier synchronisation features with other applications.
- It's a simple tool without all the bells and whistles. It's intuitive and allows me to use it without crawling through manuals and contacting the help desk.
- The templates are clean and well done. In many cases, there are suggestions that I've not considered but make me go "duh" as a new piece of data that I should be gathering from customers
- Very cost effective and no annual contracts.
- The on boarding could be better done. Products like TurboTax have both data entry and "questionnaire" mode. I would like to see more guidance
- A list of sample projects (e.g. event planning or email campaign) with all the pieces profiled as suggestions would be helpful
- Sporadic mailings to my clients via the e-mail campaign feature. I create personlised HTML emails with the visual editor and schedule them to be sent during the day when I am on the road.
- After initial contact with new clients I setup a series of timed emails to stay in contact. Based on flags I have in the system they are automatically adjusted.
- Existing clients get automated emails after certain events like visits or deliveries.
- I often get in touch with support to ask for best practice examples and they are always helpful.
- The help is not integrated in the software but a separate website.
- Using the software on the mobile phone could be better.
- I would love to have some Outlook synchronisation.
- Affordability: the only solution we found on the market that gave us what we needed at a price we can afford!
- Flexibility: 7Sheep seems to offer enough flexibility in the advance features that we can customise it as we need.
- It's easy enough for our whole team to be able to use.
- Their team is helpful and supportive.
- Would suggest to create the API token on request rather than have it automatically included in the account.
- Moving templates we created from MailChimp to create templates in 7Sheep needed some care and attention from our side.
- The flexibility 7Sheep offers can sometimes lead to us having to make decisions that other tools might make for us!
We are a Microsoft Partner and use 7Sheep for our inbound and outbound marketing. Our newsletter is sent via the tool and we have a contact form on our website that stores directly in 7Sheep. My sales colleague is using it in parallel to our CRM software.
- 7Sheep has a price point where I can give access to all my staff.
- Our newsletter gets delivered in to the inbox without the 'on behalf of' information like with other tools we tried.
- My team understands the logic of the tool and is happily using it.
- 7Sheep has a very easy API which we can use for integration into other cloud software we are using.
- Great support. The support team always helps with hands on if necessary.
- To preview my newsletter I need to send it to a test group. This could be easier.
- I would like to see integration in Microsoft Dynamics.
- I would like to have an optimised view on the mobile phone. Tablet works.
- With an embedded form we capture leads on our website. These leads get a drip campaign.
- After someone has signed up we store relevant details in 7Sheep via the API and start a drip campaign.
- All users and leads get our newsletter and updates.
- We have installed the 7Sheep tracking code on our website to get additional information about our leads.
- A/B testing for mailings needs to be done manually.
- It could be easier to get the tags for personalised emails. Currently you need to copy/paste them into the email instead of using the editor menu.
- For complete skinning you need to contact support. For embedded forms the design editor is okay.
- My NPO hosts a lot of free events and some of the registrations are done with 7Sheep. This works very well as it is easy to contact all registered participants for further emails.
- The 7Sheep form builder is amazing to create surveys without adding another application to my toolbox.
- Import is sometimes slow.
- Seeing the segment for a mailing switches to the result list. Would be good to stay in the mailing.
- We have embedded a 7Sheep form on our website to capture leads and give them free access to our marketing materials.
- 7Sheep automatically sends out a timed campaign over time to nurture our leads.
- The same contact list is used to send our our regularl newsletter.
- We use Joomla and a plugin would be great.
- To get a perfect match for the look of our website we had to use custom CSS. Support explained us how to use this.
- Planning campaings over time can only be done in a list view. A more easy approach would be great.
- Personal demo and helpful onboarding from the 7Sheep team.
- Starting out with marketing our product, 7Sheep has become part of our daily processes.
- Choice to host 100% in Europe which is highly important regarding data protection laws.
- Initial password for the account is sent by e-mail and then changed when the account has been created. Would be nice to be able to create our own password from the start.
- Would suggest to create the API token on request rather than have it automatically included in the account.
- The “save” and “cancel” buttons on the very bottom are an unusual placement that you need to get used to.
- It worked with our existing structure of our contact list. In other tools we had to adapt our fields. This was not necessary with 7Sheep.
- We can easily use our own design to send out newsletters.
- I can check which emails were delivered and read and which were bounced.
- Import was slow. The tool sent me an email when it was ready.
- I was not 100% sure how to implement unsubscribe in my emails but support helped with that. It would be nice to have an unsubscribe link automatically in the emails.
- For selecting which information I want to show in my newsletter (eg first name) I had to switch to the field to copy a string. This could be easier.
- The contact database is robust and the system is flexible enough to work for many use cases
- They have a great understanding of the needs of SMBs and are able to not only help with implementation but also with best practices
- The support team is super responsive and great to work with
- The user documentation is slightly lacking
- There's a learning curve - the system interface is not the most intuitive
- Users can't do everything themselves, some setup tasks can only be done by the 7Sheep support team
We use 7Sheep to manage the large list of clients and potential clients we have. We also use it as a "consultants/freelancers" database. We also use 7Sheep to send out news alerts or newsletters.
We also implement 7Sheep for clients with their own accounts and we complete drip campaigns and trigger notifications. We also use it to manage free events.
- A wide variety of triggers that are very simple to set up mean that I have a lot of flexibility with the automation. I also use it to keep in communication with my consultants and freelancers and have some processes set up in there (like reminders) which is great.
- 7Sheep provides support not just for the digital inbound marketer - in fact, we are using it for communications and feedback loops. The form builder means that we can also have quite complex surveys, questionnaires, registration forms etc. Being able to link forms back to the original contact database gives me an easy and 360° view of interaction from my contacts.
- As a European consultancy firm we cater to clients with more than 1 working language. I'm happy to recommend 7Sheep to clients who need to be able to have multi-lingual campaigns and feedback loops. Everything can be translated to be presented in different languages. Happy that it is stored all in the same place.
- Repositioning of fields with drag and drop in a form would be fantastic!
- The translation interface for form fields could be improved.
- Easier report builder would be nice.
We also implement 7Sheep for our clients and integrate the features in their websites.
- Simple contact database creation. 7Sheep does not limit you on the structure of your contact database and is very flexible.
- Online forms. The forms can be easily embedded into landing pages but can also be used standalone. It's easy to define rules to show and hide sections of the form.
- E-mail campaigns. 7Sheep gives good statistics and has and easy to use drag & drop email builder.
- Automation with triggers. We use the triggers to build drip campaigns and also to send internal and external emails based on our processes.
- Tracking. It's great to track interaction of leads and prospects with our website.
- No out of the box integration with CRM systems. I had to contact support to integrate with our CRM.
- In general integration with other SaaS services.
- It would be great to have the plain text of emails automatically generated out of the html version.
- Import gets constantly improved, but still could be better.
- It's extremely reliable - I have never lost any data and rely on the automated features to only contact the right people at the right time.
- It's usable directly by communications/PR people like me - and does not need IT experts to get involved.
- It's super easy to just "collect" the information which has been gathered. I love the way I can export my contacts to excel (and other formats) whenever I want.
- The terminology used is not always obvious to people who are not marketing automation experts, but it's essentially a personal learning curve - and 7Sheep does take user suggestions onboard and works to improve these things all the time.
- Design flexibility already outclasses some of the other systems I have used, but even more flexibility/adaptability would obviously make my marcomms job even easier.
- At the beginning, the wiki was a little too technical for me, when I just wanted answers to a "how do I make it do this" question.
- Their support is fantastic - even helping me think through the logic of my campaigns with their concierge service and offering advice on how to save time. Their new online manual is excellent too. Very clearly written.
- The flexibility of the 7Sheep form builder allows me not only to automate a lot of outbound marketing but I am also consolidating a lot of my communications activities in one place. This is great when handling a diverse portfolio of campaigns.
- Being able to integrate our forms within our own website wipes out the need to create standalone landing pages: we save a lot of time and keep an integration and overview with this. Love it. (Our client feedback scores have gone up since we used 7Sheep as well.)
- I know that they are working on a simpler way to send a test e-mail to yourself. This will streamline my activities as well and I look forward to that system change (which was suggested by a client. I have also suggested improvements which have been implemented.)
- I miss an easy unsubscribe feature (like you get in MailChimp). Overall, 7Sheep's system is more flexible (good) but that does make it more complex to split up (not so good).
- Setting up the SPF record in our DNS system was flexible and easy but for DKIM integration we had to contact the 7Sheep support. They do not check or show the necessary records in the tool. Customer service was great, though, so not a very big problem, just a bit of a nuisance.
- When preparing an event, 7Sheep takes care of pretty much everything you need to select, inform, and register participants, as well as prepare materials for the events, such as name badges and signature lists.
- We also use 7Sheep for reporting on communications activities.
- 7Sheep allows you to build simple or complex forms and questionnaires which we use both for events and independent surveys.
- The drag and drop HTML editor makes things look good without a lot of extra effort.
- It would be useful if some standard email templates were available.
- They could find a way to make the form questions easier/quicker to reorder.
- I would like to be able to change user roles so that only certain people could see certain contact lists.
- "Printables" in the account. Once set up with a template, badges and lists for our events are generated automatically.
- Attaching different campaigns to one contact list.
- I can set up the "Triggers" in the account alone.
- It's a bit inconvenient to use in parts and I feel it needs too many clicks to navigate around.
- At the start of each of my new projects I have a lot of new data. Data cleaning, merging, deleting and so on in 7Sheep is more time consuming than doing it in Excel. I complete it offline and then import. This means exporting/importing/checking. I don't know if this set up saves me time.
- Two-factor authentication - I'd like another option rather than having to use that all the time.
- I would like a more visual drip campaign builder.
- We liked and are happy with their approach of eliminating unnecessary items.
- We are very happy with linking many campaigns back to a central contact list.
- Being able to have multiple contact lists and managing different information in each.
- Better overview of drip campaigns.
- Easier overview of automation responses.
- Greater customization of landing pages
- Being able to see SMS and email campaigns as part of the same sequence.
- Training: I set up automated emails to regularly send tips and tricks to my users.
- Newsletter: Updates of my software are announced via the email campaign feature.
- Forms: I send out questionnaires to my users and gather feedback via forms.
- 7Sheep is used as a standalone software and not integrated in our intranet.
- Setup of automated emails could be more visual to better see when which email is sent.
- A helper library for API access would be useful.
- Sending and tracking email newsletters works very well for me. I get a good overview who opened my email and which links were clicked.
- I often need to show parts of a form based on user input. Setup of complex forms is straight forward.
- I started to play around with sending SMS and really like this features. It is more direct than an email.
- Setup of PDF exports like lists can only be done by contacting support first.
- I miss a WordPress integration. As there is nothing available I have to do it on my own via the API.
- For newsletters I would like to have an easier view on the clicks. Currently there is an overview by link and one by email. I would like to see this combined.
7Sheep Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
7Sheep is a marketing automation platform that is designed for marketing teams of 1 - 10 people. The solution focuses on the following key areas:
- Quick and Easy Databases
- Web Form Builders
- Automation and Nurturing Triggers
- E-mail and Text Message Campaigns
- Prospect Interaction Tracking (including website)
- Integration API
- Optional Translation Interface for Multi-lingual Campaigns
Marketing Automation Features
Email & Online Marketing Features
- WYSIWYG Email Editor
- Automated Email Responses
- Triggered Email
- Scheduled Emails
- Delivery Tracking
- Drip Email Marketing
- Dynamic Content
- Mobile Optimized
- Delivery Pacing
Lead Management Features
- Marketing Lead Database
- Lead Segmentation
- Lead Nurturing/Multi-touch Campaigns
- Online Behavior Tracking
- Data Quality Management
- Automated Sales Alerts and Tasks
- CRM Integration (Data Sync)
- Custom Fields
- Custom Objects
Reporting & Analytics Features
- API / Integrations
- Data Import & Export
- Output Document Generation
- User Roles and Permissions
Platform & Infrastructure Features
- API / Integrations
- Data Import & Export
- User Roles and Permissions
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Small Team||$249||Per month, up to 5 Users|
|Business||$389||Per month, up to 10 users|
|Enterprise||Above 10 users|
7Sheep Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||85%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||10%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||5%|
7Sheep Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
7Sheep Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||EU, US|