7shifts is a restaurant workforce and scheduling management application, which also features collaboration features, from the Canadian company of the same name.Affordable & Functional7shifts is not just great for scheduling but also serves as a direct line of communication with staff. What's really nice about that is being able to send something directly to one employee, an entire department, or the entire staff. Being able to customize your alerts is also helpful; I can see immediately when someone releases a shift or puts in for time off.,Easy of scheduling: allows setup templates Communication with staff: an employee directly or my department Affordable: offers a lot of functions without being overly priced,iPhone app: I'm not able to change the preset time frames so I have to manually enter the shifts When working from the app it doesn't block out the time off as it does on the desktop so I have to make sure I haven't approved anyone first before I start doing the schedule,9,Doing the schedule from the iPhone app is not as simple as the desktop or iPad platform. I'd like to see it more streamlined.,HotSchedules,TouchBistro, Toast, Dropbox7 Shifts: Highly Recommend!The software is being used to its full potential. We use it for scheduling, the manager logbook, forecasting, and reporting. We also rely on it heavily for communication and announcements. It is used by HR, all operations (from entry level to management), directors, and ownership. It addressed largely the communication issues we were having. First off, scheduling and issues along with it like swapping, days off, requests availability, etc. are seamless and all in one place with a good audit trail. It also helps by quickly communicating with staff (they have a great mobile app) so they can dial, text, or email on demand from their employee profile. WE LOVE the manager log book it keeps all daily issues in ONE place and can actually be queried for patterns later on (i.e does John Doe call off every football Sunday). Their customer service is FANTASTIC, comprehensive and a real human being! We use a lot of software but this is by far my favorite in terms of versatility, ease of use, no technical issues, and easy to implement.,Scheduling module from top to bottom Manager log book Customer Service Integration into our POS system (Toast) Communication with staff and all verticals through the app,Would be great if they created an ATS (applicant tracking system) would love more add ons Integrate with ADP workforce now Keep building more tech! It's great!,10,Positive: Less call outs/ and missed communication due to internal conversations that were never communicated. For example, employees tell manager A they are not coming but Manager A does not tell manage B and C. Positive: Manager log book has helped multiple departments stay in touch and on the pulse of the floor operation. Departments like HR, events, reservations, AP/ AR, etc. are not empowered to be more proactive Labor and sales are tracked and can be forecasted which has helps us schedule SMARTER,HotSchedules,ADP Workforce Now, Toast, SetMore, DocuSign, Dropbox Business, Google Drive
7shifts

7shifts Reviews

7shifts
Filter 3 vetted 7shifts reviews and ratings

Jayelynn Willman profile photo
January 16, 2019

7shifts Review: "Affordable & Functional"

• Easy of scheduling: allows setup templates
  • Communication with staff: an employee directly or my department
  • Affordable: offers a lot of functions without being overly priced
  • iPhone app: I'm not able to change the preset time frames so I have to manually enter the shifts
  • When working from the app it doesn't block out the time off as it does on the desktop so I have to make sure I haven't approved anyone first before I start doing the schedule
This product is well suited for businesses of all sizes. Its ease of use makes it a valuable resource for not only management and ownership but also for the staff. Using it to communicate with staff when a new beer is being tapped is key for us. I can message the entire staff and they can respond to the group with any questions or comments.
Read Jayelynn Willman's full review
January 07, 2019

7shifts Review: "7 Shifts: Highly Recommend!"

• Scheduling module from top to bottom
  • Manager log book
  • Customer Service
  • Integration into our POS system (Toast)
  • Communication with staff and all verticals through the app
  • Would be great if they created an ATS (applicant tracking system) would love more add ons
  • Integrate with ADP Workforce Now
  • Keep building more tech! It's great!
Great for a high volume restaurant or F&B outlet with high turnover and high demand communication needs (like us). I think it may not be as useful for an office setting (but I have no experience in this area).

7shifts Scorecard Summary