GIMP Reviews

April 01, 2021
Zach Lung | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

GIMP is used for image manipulation across a number of channels including social media, advertising, postcards, flyers, and other day-to-day materials. The platform addresses the need for brand consistency across both physical and digital uses. GIMP also provides simple tools for layering images when constructing a flyer or complicated brand portfolio.
Read Zach Lung's full review
December 02, 2020
Stiavetti Daniele | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use GIMP for architectural projects. I really like this product and use it every day at work. I never had problems. I have been using it for years, since I discovered it, and I continue to use it even now that it is paid. I recommend it to everybody.
Read Stiavetti Daniele's full review
April 24, 2020
Adam Jackson FGCLP MAHRI | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I decided to trial GIMP after researching alternatives to other image manipulation programs such as Adobe Photoshop. GIMP is being used in our organisation to create all of the images needed for the creation of our product labels. This includes the manipulation of our logo, creation of backgrounds, etc. For simple projects, it is very intuitive and comparable to other programs. It has capability to complete very complex image manipulation projects also. I am not a graphic designer, but have found it has a low barrier to entry if you have prior knowledge of other image manipulation programs.
Read Adam Jackson FGCLP MAHRI's full review
March 31, 2020
Paola Santino | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Gimp is used in our graphic design department as a tool for the development of logos, banners and everything related to visual content. It is a very low cost and highly adaptable editor, it offers excellent options for our designers.
Read Paola Santino's full review
March 13, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

GIMP is being used by our development team. We have a marketing team in our organization but when we need to create and/or modify graphics that we need in our applications, we use GIMP to quickly make the changes. GIMP fits our needs in that we don't have to pay for an expensive Photoshop license for the minimal changes we need to make.

What is GIMP?

GIMP is a free, open-source graphics software. GIMP, or General Image Manipulation Program was developed in 1996 and has continued to be updated by volunteers since then. GIMP has an active community of users and developers, making it a constantly evolving graphics software.