Score 6.6 out of 10

What is A2 Hosting?

A2 Hosting in Ann Arbor provides business website hosting, featuring free site migration, unlimited SSD, isolated dedicated servers, and related features.

1 person want pricing too

What is Bluehost?

Bluehost, headquartered in Orem, Utah, offers website hosting. Bluehost also offers managed WordPress hosting, with optional SEO and marketing tools for WordPress plans.

What is Netlify Platform?

Netlify is a platform for developers from the company of the same name in San Francisco, used to build performant and dynamic web sites, e-commerce stores and applications. By uniting an ecosystem of technologies, services and APIs into one workflow.

A2 Hosting Technical Details

[In my opinion] these people are some of the worst humans. I [feel like I] have never seen anything like it. [For me,] they have screwed up so many times which I do NOT get. [I think] this is a job like watching automatic sprinklers or monitoring an automated air conditioning system. [I feel like] you literally do NOT have to do anything and yet this week alone, the PW somehow reset itself to some default BS and so we have been on tech calls for hours on Sunday waiting for these people to reset it, and then again on Wednesday. Over two hours on the phone to merely get the ability to log in. Then, these [people] literally suspend service based on some past due invoice that was not found anywhere. They simply went ahead and suspended it and then gave us no ability to unsuspend it until we called them yet again to get them to deal. [In my experience] the operators are rude. [I felt like] they talk over you when trying to figure out why. They tried blaming the unmanaged server thing because that's the MO and first play 100% of the time. [I feel like] they push blame anywhere else and this is a billing issue. Lol...they literally blamed having an unmanaged server on why this phantom invoice was generated and never found. [In my opinion] they are the worst. I honestly hate them. I changed host companies for good today. [I felt like] this is a nightmare. [In my experience] they are total nightmares to deal with. I moved 5 already and had two remaining because it's daunting but this is ridiculous and [I feel like] they just don't care. [I think] they care more about their hurt feelings than having a working product.
  • [In my experience] they lie
  • [I feel like] they waste time
  • [In my opinion] they do NOTHING really that well. They can't even keep the servers active 24/7.
  • [In my experience] customer service is awful.
  • [From what I've seen] they don't care about clients.
  • [In my situation their] first reaction is always to blame it on the unmanaged factor.
Never would I recommend this company to anyone. [In my experience] they are total nightmares to deal with and depend on. You can't depend on them at all. Plus, [I feel that] they lie and manipulate the search queries based on lies (they do NOT have radio hosting yet they have ads saying that they do).
  • Green Hosting
  • Customer Service 24/7
  • Server Uptime 24 hours a day
  • [In my experience] they have upheaved my entire business many times by not having working servers.
  • [I feel like] they have inconvenienced us many hours with tech calls over stupid things.
  • [In my opinion] they have wasted so much time and man hours.
The Host Company itself and the individuals that run each entity and website.
We have master's degrees accordingly.
  • Daily
  • General
  • Constant
  • None
  • Zero
  • N/A
  • None
  • [In my opinion] they are so bad at this
  • [I feel you] cannot depend on them at all
Never would I use this service. I canceled 7 accounts I believe so far. [In my opinion] it's a waste.
[I feel that] any other company that does this work has great customer service. They also do NOT point blame no matter what at an unmanaged server or platform which is the way they wash their hands of helping. Even though it's their issue.
  • Product Reputation
I thought they were truly a green hosting company and they are NOT. [I feel we were] roped in based on a lie and ad that is not real. There is no such thing as that. A server is a server.
I have a much better way to deal now that I know how bad these people are. I know what never to look for.
  • Implemented in-house
[In my experience] it was a mess from the start and created problems ever since day one.
[In my opinion] they have the worst customer support. It's awful. [I feel like] they talk over you [and] they blame anything but what is real. [It makes me think] they are uneducated. [When I dealt with them] they never answered why things went wrong. [I feel like] they are nightmares and just hard to deal with. And, [from my experience] they are NOT nice. [I felt like] they act condescending in conversations. They waste so much time over nothing.
N/A... [I feel like] they hate dealing with clients. [In my experience] they try to blow it off constantly and right away.
[In my experience] 58 times and they never cared. [I felt like] they escalated the thing at least 8 times and nothing ever gets done. [I don't believe] they care.
No. Not ever. I hated contacted them. I lived with their bugs and mishaps and [in my experience] it was so stressful having to even contact them in the first place. I always knew they would make me feel weak or inadequate. Plus, it was always a waste of time [in my opinion].
[In my opinion] it barely works.
  • Nothing
  • Not one thing was easy [for us]
  • Everything was so hard to get done [in my experience]
  • All [in my opinion]
They are the primary hosting provider for multiple domains, static ip addresses, and web hosting
  • the hosting hardware they provide is decent when you consider the price
  • technical support
  • quality control
  • escalating issues to management when needed
  • customer service communication
  • training their tech support team
if you're looking for a somewhat cheap web host but don't care about uptime, outages or decent technical support then A2 is ideal
  • web hosting
  • they are adequate for a startup looking for cheap site hosting but unreliable for anything beyond
In my opinion they are unresponsive, rude, incompetent, and untrustworthy to boot.
No, even their most basic support is dismal, I am not talking unreasonable questions but repeated service outages that go unhandled
Not only wasn't resolved, but they would also start denying it happens, then pretending to need more info, then trying to get you to accept they will not fix it, and finally tell you they have nothing to add
never
I believe they do not care about addressing failures when they occur. Starting out with a working service counts for nothing if you can't maintain it, fix issues when reported, and actually take the extra step to prevent them from happening again. You have to care about quality and customer service, and A2 couldn't care less
they are only technically available but having someone say hello, i'm here to help, immediately is not real responsive if they actually never address the issue being reported. we don't contact support for the bland greeting, we are actually trying to solve a business process interruption
They are only good if you never update your website and i mean never. Otherwise their main performance diffrentiator is turbo web hosting, their highest shared hosting plan. When caching is working it performs well reducing load times by half, but as soon as you add a new page to the site, the updates don't show up until you clear the cache manually from multiple locations (wordpress a2optimized plugin, cpanel etc..). As they make updates to the turbo hosting A2optimized plugin, they do not test them properly and do not handle customer feedback about them, instead they are in denial and try to immediately convince the customer there is no issue at all! the old developer joke when they don't want to fix feedback: it works on my machine!