Pay per Payroll
First Year Cost
Pay per Paycheck (after first year)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $1,495 per month
Automation and Processing Speed
Once a payroll is approved, tax liabilities are scheduled automatically for payment on the due date. All tax payments and forms are processed automatically, but with the ability to specify different terms for any tax payment as needed. The user submits a single application for all electronic services, including federal and state electronic payments, e-filing, and direct deposit. This software supports signature-ready tax forms for federal and all 50 states. Payroll Relief offers special options to accommodate conditions affecting the system’s scheduled due dates, including pay early, schedule additional payment, disable a pending electronic payment, and convert form to coupon.
Comprehensiveness Use Cases
Payroll Relief supports unlimited pay types and multiple pay schedules. It includes calculations for all 50 states as well as D.C. and Puerto Rico, and contractor payroll (1099-MISC). Payroll Relief also handles unlimited customizable deductions. This may involve the allocation of multiple garnishments or electronic payment of child support, as well as other third-party deductions and garnishments, and other deductions (e.g. charitable contributions). Payroll can be managed with the ability to adjust pay dates and schedules, alter deductions (e.g. child support) per employee, or set holidays for the entire payroll. It also supports multiple locations, retirement plans, direct deposit, paid time off, or check printing. The employee portal allows users to manage their personal information.
Payroll Relief’s interface follows the sequence of payroll processing and guides users through the entire payroll process. The program is fully web-based and easy to access. Exception-based payroll entry streamlines the payroll process by requiring entries only for items that differ from the employee’s usual hours or amounts. Clients may enter payroll data through the program or on an Excel template. Payroll Relief's integrations allow users to import payroll data from time and attendance programs, such as Swipeclock and Advantek. They can also review data from mobile devices. Pre-approval or post-approval reports, system calculation overrides, and voiding checks are handled in the software. Payroll Relief is known for diagnostics that ensure a smooth workflow. They include critical warnings for events that could prevent payroll processing and employee-specific warnings that could prevent payment to the employee. Payroll Relief also offers a variety of batch processes: approve payrolls, print checks, archive compliance forms, process W-2s and 1099s. Client notifications allow users to communicate about payroll-related matters.
Payroll Relief lets users grant access to only features of the program that clients are allowed to perform, which minimizes the risk of client errors. Clients given access will receive a user ID and password for secure access to the program. Customizable permissions allow access to setup, payroll, compliance, and reports. There are also advanced features like 401(k) setup, importing or exporting data, and allocating checks. Firm-specific functions such as setting up e-services and monitoring payrolls are restricted to accountants. Payroll Relief enables users to communicate via email or text reminders. They can also share documents or reports such as email tax forms, payroll reports, and paychecks. Set a password for employers to open these files from a Zip file. Once permissions are granted to a client, they can create logins and grant a subset of those permissions to their own employees. This includes letting users from satellite locations maintain their own employees, submit payroll data for processing, print checks from their own banks, and set up employee portals.
- Supported: Pay calculation
- Supported: Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
- Supported: Payroll history for each employee
- Supported: Benefit plan administration
- Supported: Direct deposit files
- Supported: Payroll tracking and auditing
- Supported: Salary revision and increment management
- Supported: Reimbursement management
- Supported: Statutory form management
- Supported: Payroll servicing solution STRICTLY for accountants and payroll providers.
- Supported: Key analytical tools for payroll providers
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro
- Sure Payroll
- ADP Run
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||United States|
- Payroll entry and approval is simple
- The system supports unlimited pay types so it is easy to customize the system for our clients
- The system automates the filing of most tax forms and W-2s
- The site navigation can be confusing.
- The system lacks HR functionality. There is no automated employee onboarding option. PTO can be tracked but there is no way for employees to request time off from their employee portal.
- Payroll processors do not get a dashboard showing a list of payrolls that are scheduled to be processed each day like some other systems do.