Reviews (1-25 of 158)
- The graphic user interface is well-designed and intuitive, which promotes productivity.
- It provides workflow functionality for schedulers and service providers to efficiently relay event details and status.
- The user-defined fields add the ability to customize reservation and space records to better meet campus business needs.
- Bookings contain a limited number of standard time fields (event start, event end, setup time, teardown time); more options here are desirable.
- Resource records are not as robust as some of the other areas, and could benefit from additional standard and user-defined fields.
- Applying blackouts to spaces (to prevent bookings during certain times) appears to be a challenge: we believe it can be done, but the process doesn't seem to be straightforward.
- We plan to integrate EMS Software with digital signage (through Four Winds) for dynamic display of room schedules; this will enhance patron experience.
- We plan to integrate EMS Software with Outlook for greater user convenience across our campus.
- We may integrate EMS Software with Localist (a web-based comprehensive calendar product) for improved promotion of events on and beyond our campus.
- Future integration with OrgSync/Campus Labs (student organization database) and AMAG (door security devices) is also a possibility.
- Queries. I like the built in choices and the ability to make my own specific queries.
- Ease of Movement of space. This helps tremendously as we deal with frequenct classroom changes.
- Communication. Communication both internally and externally is very fluid in the program.
- I would like more clear notifications when there are conflicts across long standing classes and events.
- I would like more information about upcoming not definite bookings.
- More customizable colors and layouts.
- At this
- EMS allows us to communicate with our campus partners in a number of ways - via auto reporting, notifications or reminders, depending on the preference of each user/group.
- The customer service team is always well versed and extremely helpful in knowing the software so they can help us tailor the system to best suit our needs when we have questions.
- Reporting options are really flexible. Having the option to create queries outside of the canned report options is truly helpful.
- One area that needs to be better developed or looked into is the Master Calendar. As universities continue to looks for ways to provide one-stop shopping, it would be helpful to have a place that easily streamlines event data and event marketing in one place. Students want to go to one place to see events and plan events. Master Calendar was a good start but it is ancient and very disjointed from EMS.
- We would love to have the webclient back. We have several users that use an ipad or apple computer and the webclient allowed that functionality.
- One area for improvement is managing system changes. As the EMS administrator for the university, it would be great to be able to add a new building or category to EMS and add those items to all existing templates, reports, etc in one place.
- Workday - we use the HR Toolkit to pull in faculty/staff and their departments /account number. We use Workday for HR and Finance Operations. We used Banner for these operations previously. We are currently trying to fix a few errors in the transition from Banner to Workday and its effect on the HR Tookit integration.
- Banner - we still use banner for the academic import of classes into EMS.
- ModoLabs - we pull events in Modo Labs for faculty/staff/students so they can go to one mobile place to see events for each day.
Prior to last year, the customer support system was at the top of the list of tech support departments that I have ever had to deal with, especially during our upgrade to 4.0.
- EMS has the ability to create reports on room usage and booking rates. This assistance us in justifying expansions in our building.
- EMS also has the ability to show the rate of bookings, how many bookings are being creating, and by who. This allows us to hire more resouraces based on these stats.
- EMS can improve on their copy and paste feature. Currently you can not copy and paste on multiple bookings without losing the original content of the copy. I have made a report regarding this.
- Have more than two contacts on a reservation. For example, if there are three leads on a event, then we can only input 2 contact info
- We were able to link EMS on to our digital signage kiosks. NO MORE using easels and blackboards for signs. So much more professional and cleaner. Clients LOVE IT
- We were also able to link EMS into our master calendar. Client would be able to book space for their event and information would be displayed on our Buinsess campus wide calendar. Great way to advertise your event.
- I can see how EMS in very flexible in terms of event management, daily reconciliations and implementing resources and categories for types of uses.
- EMS has a very good tools of utilization analysis tools
- EMS is so flexible that almost any type of business can use for event/bookings purposes
- We are missing an alternative option to void invoices since we don't want our past revenue to change but have the alternative of having a credit invoice instead.
- We would like to have more tax detailed reports
- Query builder is a great tool but there is some room for improvement in terms of making even more easy to use
- We haven't integrated EMS yet
- Digital signage through Visix
- It has excellent stock and customization reports. We have a responsibility to communicate the activity in the building to multiple stakeholders (dining, custodial etc) EMS allows us to create a custom report and automate it to send so we never miss a communication
- It has a robust amount of tools to assist you in both space and service management. The way the Process Templates (web intake forms) have been designed allow us to use logic based reasoning so that one form can handle complex events all the way down to a simple boardroom reservation.
- It has numerous integrations available to help make a seamless event management process including connections to 7pointOps and Campus Labs Engage which we use for our Student Organizations
- We desperately wish there was a simpler way to do invoicing notifications to our clients rather than the manual email process
- It would be excellent to simplify the rate schedule and pricing plan process. There are almost too many ways to change pricing. The ability to import an excel document of new pricing would make our lives much easier.
- 7Point Solutions- This manages all of our operations staff workflow. It pushes event information and diagrams out of ems and allows our students access to it via mobile.
- Digital signage. This allows us to control what is displayed in the building in real time and we are not locked to updating schedules via paper any time a change is made.
- Being able to import our courses from our SIS system makes it really easy to see which rooms are getting used the most.
- The Virtual EMS component makes it really easy for anyone to search for and book a room on campus.
- When setting up new users, there is an option to allow Single Sign-On, which means users have one less password to remember (and log ins are faster).
- A few years ago, the automatic synchronization between EMS and our SIS system stopped working after an update. Support couldn't figure out the problem, so we were forced to use flat files, which is better than nothing but still a little annoying.
- If I recall correctly, you can't really delete bookings in EMS. That may be a good thing in terms of keeping track of room utilization and such, but it'd be nice to be able to delete bookings that are either several years old or were used for testing.
- We know that there is the ability to integrate with digital signage, but we haven't explored that option yet nor determined if it's even worth looking into.
- Easy scheduling
- Convenient to look at what is taking place on campus
- Multi-level information; seems endless on the amount of information you can track.
- Knowing the scope of what can be accomplished before configuration process
- Have had a few instances when the system was extremely slow.
- Would like the capability of better separating features between the individual buildings
- Scheduling rooms and controlling traffic in the rooms.
- It is very helpful for resource providers to schedule their services in reservations within the system.
- It helps with safety and security by providing transparency of all the events happening on campus so that the university police department can see what’s happening.
- EMS does not provide a useful tool for scheduling people.
- Billing multiple clients is difficult for one event.
- Digital signage open Scala.
- EMS for Outlook.
- EMS Room Sign App.
- EMS Software is very easy to read if you're trying to get a quick scope of what is going on in your facilities.
- The system is super easy to use, manage and customize.
- Teaching others to utilize EMS is easy as user.
- There are a lot of underutilized features I wish I knew were apart of the software from the beginning.
- The book interface could be cleaner.
- Other than that I enjoy using EMS.
- We have not integrated EMS into any other softwares.
- Academic Scheduling works really well with the Sync and Publish tools
- Event Scheduling and the ability to leverage templates to the specific user groups
- Workflows in the 44.1 version have improved greatly and help with the automated reporting is a great feature.
- A deeper workflow would be great to help with a few of our more complex issues
- Integrations of O365 to work more seamlessly with EMS web
- Fourwinds digital signs
- EMS is extremely powerful, can fit most organizations needs, and has several different offerings based on use
- EMS is a recognized industry leader and therefore integrates well with many third party packages
- EMS provides phone support
- It is hard to be all things to all people, over time we saw more focus on their larger clients in the design decisions they made.
- Their back end structure and support of their software was stellar; best in class - however in recent years I have seen that drop off.
- EMS allows us to schedule our staff, equipment and rooms that are needed to complete our services.
- EMS process templates allow flexibility in scheduling among different types of users across the University.
- The book view in EMS allows the staff to view the day ahead in a glance.
- When using the calculations option in pricing, it is almost impossible to report on those amounts. We currently have to run several reports to get the details needed. It can be very tedious pulling the data together.
- When entering payments it would be ideal to allow a batch of reservations to be shown as paid, rather then entering each reservation number individually.
- When processing invoices, it would be ideal if the invoices could be emailed as a mail merge instead of one invoice at a time.
- We are using it with 7 points to communicate to staff regarding events.
- We hope to get the financial piece integrated with our journal voucher tool kit process on campus for accurate money transfers.
- We would love to have Google calendar implemented but not as the user or room requester but as a manager of all events.
Helps us book rooms more efficiently.
- We rarely run in to any conflicts while using EMS which is great for an organization that uses conference rooms regularly.
- There are numerous reports you can run to keep organized. Reports for catering, AV equipment needed, more tables, chairs, etc...
- Adrienne at EMS is always quick at responding and helping us troubleshoot any issues we may run in to.
- Although the reports can be very detailed, sometimes we need them to be more simple for quick and easy reading.
- We had issues with our panels with people checking in and it kicking them out of the room regardless.
- The web app will be rolling out soon and I think it will be great for people to check in to rooms or book rooms through the app.
- Outlook 2-way sync is something we would like to use in the future. Being able to cancel meetings through Outlook would benefit our company.
- Digital signage vs Master Calendar RSS feeds
- Room optimization
- Parity for all users
- HVAC integration
- Support (recent not past)
- Customization of reports ( crystal or similar)
- I sometimes feel like it would be interesting to get sandboxed versions of other users' really well implemented environments for others to look at. And probe into.
- Virtual web-version for all --even non-users
- Campus planning site easy to use
- Great customization on our web reservations
- Web-app that gives option to view events or academic classes
- Virtual EMS web version shows academic class bookings as blocked out. Would be nice to see details of the booking.
- We have not yet
- Data collection and ability to access the data quickly
- EMS does an excellent job of responding to and considering feedback as they continue to make their product better and better
- The ability to use 7PointOps and Social Tables with EMS have been an invaluable to our operations
- We have connectivity issues at times. I am not certain this is due to hardware on our end or software issues.
- Regional customer groups are a good idea for us to take part in. This would allow us access to best practices of others
- EMS makes is very simple to find rooms for multiple dates in a recurring meeting. Since users at our organization tend to book rooms far in advance, the same room isn't always available for the complete duration of a recurrence and with EMS conflict resolution it allows the users to find an alternate room for an unavailable date with a few simple clicks without having to leave the current reservation.
- EMS notifications are great for our users to remind them that they have spaced reserved. It's that extra reminder sometimes that pushes the user to cancel any reserved rooms that they no longer need. This enables the room to be reserved by others which is very valuable at the FDA.
- The new ability to select and reserve a room from Browse Locations in 44.1 is a time saver and is very valuable to our users. Often times people need a last minute room which can be hard to find at the FDA, so to provide them with a schedule view of all rooms and find an opening and select it is very convenient and makes the process less time consuming.
- EMS for Outlook 44.1 now has the ability to resolve any conflicts right from the add-in. This is the greatest benefit and improvement that has happened to the add-in. It very greatly reduces the number of conflicts created by users and helps prevent users from showing up to a room they think they have, but actually don’t.
- I do wish that EMS Room Sign App had some simpler ways to authenticate users. We would love to have the End Now button activated on our Signs, but do not feel confident that other users won't use it inappropriately. If there was a simple way to authenticate without RFID or a card reader that would be a huge help. Perhaps an authentication code attached to the meeting reservation?
- The FDA uses EMS for Outlook and with the improvements made in 44.1, we really love the fast and convenient functionality offered through this add-in. Most of our users live and die by their Outlook calendars and so by having the capability to book a room at the same time as creating their meeting invite, it streamlines the process for them and ensures they always have a room, even if the date or time of the meeting changes.
- We are also using EMS room sign app. We started with iPads and are now in the middle of making the switch to the Crestron tablets as these are much more suited for our needs with EMS and will provide a better experience for our users
- We haven't had an issue with double bookings.
- The ease of requesting a room for a certain time/date is said to be an easy process for the external users.
- For the internal user, it's quite easy to reserve a space and send confirmation off to the requester.
- Customer service has been an issue for us over the past year.
- The ease of using it as a mobile device hasn't been something which I've found yet.
- I haven't integrated any other tools with EMS at this point
- It works well with scheduling events and has many features to execute events on campus
- EMS provides a central location to see all academic events and nonacademic events happening on campus
- EMS has a robust report tool
- It is difficult to implement and learn how to use the system. The user interface could be improved.
- It only optimizes location, which is only part of developing an academic schedule. I would like to see it optimize time as well.
- We have not integrated with any of the suggested products.
- Flexibility. We can easily have different rate plans for our internal departments and for our external clients.
- The new web app is extremely intuitive and makes it super easy for general staff to reserve space.
- We can’t automatically associate an additional resource with external reservations. We charge a facilities set up fee for every room and currently have to add it manually to every booking.
- There’s no “rapid entry” of resources. Example, our event coordinators enter an agenda for every meeting but can’t do it all at once—they have to go back and enter another line for each different agenda item.
- Automated Reporting
- Mobile App
- Installing Signs for each conference room showing availability and on the fly reservations.
- Streamline reports
- Implementing mobile app in the future.
- Currently all of the features are meeting our requirements.
- Easily assign rooms
- Find appropriate rooms for events
- Everyday use intuitive
- Multiple features to suit a variety of needs.
- It would be nice to have little information boxes for different fields/options that explained a bit about what that feature does and how it is important
- It can be daunting to try to explore possibilities of features that are currently not in use. It would be nice to have an option for a help section that easily allowed you to see how you might fully take advantage of the features you already have access to for learning/ exploring purposes.
- I can't open another window within EMS (activity book for example) without finishing my room assignment or reservation task. However, sometimes I really need to see two things at once and end up having to open another EMS entirely on a different monitor to be able to accomplish what I need to do (for example I may have two back to back classes that need to be in the same room or close, so I need to be able to see options for each class side by side.)
- Not yet using
Accruent EMS Software Scorecard Summary
About Accruent EMS Software
Accruent's EMS Software connects people with the right spaces, resources, and technology, solving today’s workspace and scheduling challenges and enabling organizations to get the most from their modern work and learning environments.
Employees want the flexibility to work from anywhere and to collaborate using their preferred technologies in a safe and social environment. At the same time, leaders need to drive value for their businesses by making the best possible use of their real estate footprint. Multi-use spaces, hoteling or hot desking, and open floor plans can provide efficiencies, but not when burdened with redundant, outdated tools, and processes disconnected from the rest of a business.
So EMS Software is provided as an intelligent, enterprise-class scheduling and resource management software platform, configured and integrated to a unique office environment. The vendor describes it as a management tool that offers the flexibility employees demand, while providing users the visibility, control and insights needed to drive value for the organization.The vendor further boasts deep industry expertise, with over 35 years in the business .
Accruent EMS Software Integrations
Accruent EMS Software Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Accruent EMS Software Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Accruent EMS Software Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|