Accruent EMS Software Reviews

October 29, 2020
Betsy Wilhelm | TrustRadius Reviewer
Accruent EMS is used by the Hospitality/Facilities Department of my organization. Currently we use it for conference room use as well as Zoom account use. In the future we may use it for office space reservations. We were at a very high volume of meetings and events and Accruent EMS helps to ensure we don't double book rooms, that meetings are using the correct size room, etc.
  • It's user friendly. By doing a little self-exploration one can find out the many features that EMS offers.
  • It is simple to add or remove conference rooms and provide details of the conference rooms.
  • I appreciate that there are different ways of reserving conference rooms. This allows each user to feel comfortable in their use of EMS by finding what works best for them.
  • Reporting is the main issue I have with EMS. It would be helpful to be able to input exactly what one wants to be reported. I find that I have to do a lot of playing around to figure out how to run reports. Not all details can be reported on, either, which can be frustrating.
  • Removing contacts can be difficult. Getting an error message that contact has set up reservations when trying to remove said contact can be quite frustrating.
  • Since I've been working from home remotely, it was a bit of a tough go getting EMS set up on my work laptop. Even though I should have the same features as our system admin, I am unable to do things from my work laptop in EMS. Instead, I have to log in as the admin in order to cancel meetings or add details. This may not be an EMS issue only.
I use Accruent EMS to reserve rooms for meetings using 30+ conference rooms and 16 Zoom accounts. EMS is incredibly helpful to not allow double booking in conference rooms. I use the book for particularly busy days to get the full picture of what our conference room usage looks like. It helps to make decisions on where certainly meetings should be booked. Having the room count feature on the book is very helpful to my EMS users who aren't as familiar with the conference rooms as I am, so that they know how many people can fit in each conference room to help make the best decision on where to put a meeting.
Sometimes Accruent EMS can be less appropriate to run reports. It can be difficult to get a report on exactly what I'm looking for w/o being able to specify exactly what I'm looking for. The browser feature is helpful, but still does not allow to get more specific.
  • We have looked in to the use of digital signage, but it is quite expensive so that was put on hold.
  • We do use EMS with Outlook. As soon as I reserve a room, I can email a confirmation with ease. I can also add meetings to my outlook calendar if necessary.
Read Betsy Wilhelm's full review
September 19, 2020
Brandon Burritt | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our conference services team utilizes Accruent EMS for managing conference space for our client's entire footprint. We use it to reserve space and detail events for the client as well as using it for statistical reporting. We are able to provide accurate reporting on a variety of topics that help the client better understand their space usage.
  • Accruent EMS is very easy to use. It has a straight forward approach to entering information, making us very time efficient.
  • It has a great ability to create personalized reporting to focus on specific needs requested by our client.
  • We utilize the API to work with digital signage on our account. This has been a very helpful feature for our team.
  • Would like more flexibility with utilization reporting criteria.
  • Auto-triggered notifications are a nice feature but would like the ability to edit the outgoing messages a bit more.
Accruent EMS is great for booking (rooms, resources, people) and detailing events. It is a very robust system that allows you to capture and report on multiple areas (daily utilization, attendee count, utilization by the hour).
Changes are captured almost immediately so information is kept up to date in real-time, making information available to our entire team instantly.
  • We utilize the system to integrate with digital signage. It has been a great feature that saves our team time. It is great not printing out paper signs anymore!
Read Brandon Burritt's full review
September 11, 2020
Kathleen Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
Accruent EMS was a replacement product from a program that required a great deal of maintenance. The beauty of this program was how little maintenance it needed once it was up and running. We started off by allowing all users to access it to create their own reservations and, then, took advantage of its flexibility. We changed the "Buildings" to "Conference room," "Vehicles," and "Outside areas" as we only have one - very large - campus. That allows a user to select one of those instead of "all" and see only what they provide. For example, if I'm looking for a vehicle, I don't have to sift through all the room and garden areas to find one. Another advantage is how Accruent EMS keeps everyone up to date on events and their details, alerting each department of what is expected of them when/where. This worked great for years and allowed me to print reports of upcoming events so we could meet every other week to hash out campus and staffing obstacles. However, recently, our company decided it wanted one person inputting most of the reservations so we could keep a Master calendar more consistent having someone who knows what details should be added to every reservation and to force the departments to give more descriptive summaries for publishing. Once that person created it in the user's name, they still have access to see it for reference or to ask for additional details to be added. Accruent EMS is a huge program with so much to offer and we have tried to take advantage of all of it. The auto-reporting has been a great advantage to the technicians who provide the actual services as they can receive those in email every day and know what's needed. They no longer have to depend on work orders or direction from administrative staff. The reminders, confirmation emails have also been a great advantage. I am the IT support for the program and I rarely have to deal with it, which frees me up to tackle bigger network issues.
  • Auto-emails to service providers
  • Easy reservation process - little need for training staff
  • Report creation
  • My Page - allowed me to post short video links and campus-related alerts.
  • Accessibility: Two ways of using it - one for super users and another for staff
  • Room Details: I could add images, directions, alerts
  • Alerts & Special instructions: Can be added for individual rooms as necessary to pop up when choosing the room.
  • Making background changes is easier for me (IT person), but may not be for a regular user.
  • HIGHLY recommend the purchaser read the administrative paperwork. I did and tried to load and configure it myself and actually did most of it correctly. However, I would recommend having an EMS technician show you, then you do it. That allowed me to learn the back-end really well so I could make changes throughout the years.
  • Two-step process to add a user to really use it. After they try to use it, they need to alert me to do the second step to complete their user profile.
A program that allows each user so much freedom to create their own reservations is fantastic. From the IT perspective, it's wonderful because it is so little maintenance for us. However, when we do need help, customer service is FANTASTIC. They get back to us quickly and knowledgeably. I have never had anyone hurry me off the phone or be unwilling to spend the necessary time to resolve the issue.
Read Kathleen Young's full review
October 23, 2020
Rhonda M. Childs | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used for the entire organization. We primarily use it for keeping track of all conference room reservations.
  • I love the simple layout.
  • I enjoy that I have options to change color schemes and customize it to fit me and the needs of my job.
  • It is a quality product, with minimal issues.
  • Video conference reservations. They need to upgrade that area to be a little more user friendly for booking purposes. This is the greatest problem that needs attention. I still love what it does, but I see work here.
  • I do not like the email formats at times and they seem a little constrained.
Truthfully, I think any business that needs to create simple or complex reservations would consider this software an asset. I feel this is what this software should be mostly used for. It upgraded our whole firm greatly when we added this software.
Read Rhonda M. Childs's full review
October 20, 2020
LeAnn Davidson | TrustRadius Reviewer
The whole firm uses Accruent EMS to book conference rooms along with any additional services in those rooms. It allows us to have a complete look at meetings firm-wide. It also allows us to track the client matters for those rooms.
  • Easy to use calendaring system for all conference rooms firm-wide.
  • Allows add-on services for all of those rooms. These services can be customized per office.
  • Track billing (if required) of those services
  • Allow access to the system by role so some users can edit and others can just view.
  • Reporting can be confusing for new users.
  • Mobile app that shows technicians their responsibilities (this may be available but we haven't implemented it)
  • Easier Administration. So many of the features are not intuitive where you would edit them. If this could be streamlined, that would be great.
Since it is an application for many uses, we had to customize it to get it to fit our needs. Accruent EMS has a nice capability for that. If there could be a set system for each use case, it may have been easier to get set up. We did a lot of training and tweaking in the beginning to get it to what we needed.
Read LeAnn Davidson's full review
October 05, 2020
Jennifer Vance | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Accruent EMS across all offices for booking conference rooms for meetings. EMS keeps our bookings organized and accessible so that everyone can see and those who need to manage, can manage them.
  • Holds all of our conferencing information in a central location.
  • The history feature helps us when there is a change made to a reservation--helps track down where an issue might have presented itself.
  • Reports--I can literally run a report on any statistic I want or need.
  • Interface with Outlook--although this is always so difficult with applications and Microsoft products.
  • The form you fill out to make a reservation could be streamlined.
  • Streamline the multi-location booking with regard to amenities. Currently, you submit your booking and then have to go back into the software to amend every single booking. Why can't we do this during the booking process?
I will always recommend Accruent EMS because it is the best tool currently on the market for what we do. If a better, more simple tool presents itself, I would definitely investigate.
Read Jennifer Vance's full review
October 25, 2020
Emily Baker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it throughout our Events and Conference Services Department. It ensures that we are utilizing our space to the optimal level and staying organized. It also streamlines communication from bookings to setups.
  • Organization
  • Communication
  • Easy to Use
  • Ability to highlight certain points
  • Be able to "un-cancel" events and keep details
I book a lot of recurring meetings with similar booking details. It is extremely helpful to use the Tools function to apply those details across every booking while only actually putting in the information once.
  • Outlook - helps to control our attorneys' calendars
Read Emily Baker's full review
September 25, 2020
Francis Angilletta, PMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the entire organization for hoteling and meeting management.
  • EMS is extremely customizable.
  • Advanced research and reporting capabilities.
  • Catering and service order tracking and lifecycle.
  • API Calls
  • Improved Desktop Performance
  • Enhanced settings for override description room for a managed meeting workflow
Appropriate: Meeting management
Less Appropriate: LTR or Long Term Reservation Management.
  • Integrated with our custom mobile and web app
  • Integrated with our custom support app
  • Integrated with our custom conference room signage app
Read Francis Angilletta, PMP's full review
November 24, 2020
In our company we utilize [Accruent] EMS for event scheduling and workflow. It is utilized by our Sales, Events, Catering, Facilities, and Operations departments. It allows us to have a single place for all our departments to interact and share the needs and scheduling for all of our event spaces and large conference rooms. It has streamlined the ability of our Events department to collaborate with our Facilities and Catering departments, giving them the ability to clearly communicate needs for each event.
  • Collaboration between departments
  • Streamline communication
  • Central point for keeping track of event details
  • Not always easy to contact support when needed
  • Lots of pieces to upgrade when applying updates
[Accruent] EMS has proven to be a very useful tool for us when scheduling and managing our private events. Once users are trained on how to utilize the tool, rarely do they require follow up training. Personally we love the automation of emailing reports to our users and management. We also find the web based schedule very helpful to staff when they are doing setups.
  • Outlook is the main tool that we have integrated EMS with. The plugin works great.
November 17, 2020
The Accruent EMS Software is being used to book rehearsal space at various location in New York City. It is mostly used by booking agents taking calls from clients and staff with tablets booking rooms for clients on the spot. The business problem Accruent EMS Software solves is it provides the unique solution for our business model of providing rehearsal space for the acting/musician community in the Tri State area.
  • It is quick and easy to book a room.
  • The main dashboard provides a grid like look on what spaces are booked and what is available.
  • The GUI is relatively easy to maneuver which lessens the learning curve.
  • There's no 'remote function' of the software. It's client server based. Some additional Server hardware is required to gain remote access.
  • On the backend, SQL is required and takes some technical knowledge to configure and maintain.
  • The reporting tool is lacking and can only provide limited or generic information. The tools needs to be able to provide customization when making a report.
Accruent EMS Software is well suited for our business model of renting rehearsal space. Using SQL as the backend allows us to create custom APIs to enhance the invoice and billing modules and booking display boards for the staff and client base. There's no a la carte where we can choose modules, so we are not benefiting from some of the other modules such as the video conferencing, but we might take advantage of the booking self-service in the coming year.
  • Integrated with Outlook. This is used by the booking and accounting departments in corresponding with the clients.
  • Recently integrated with Enplug. We have multiple screens throughout our locations providing marketing and media content.
October 23, 2020
The entire firm uses this software to reserve conference rooms and business services in our main office location and two small satellite locations. It is accessible both via a web portal and as an Outlook integration. Services such as catering and technology equipment needs can be indicated as part of the reservation.
  • Good flexibility, in that it doesn't force you to fit into one method of arranging your available spaces.
  • Decent reporting, which allows for flexible and reliable reports on usage and reservations.
  • Fairly intuitive interface for users, especially with the Outlook integration.
  • Incredible complexity on the back end. While its highly configurable nature lends to flexibility, it also makes it a challenge to manage.
  • Support has not been as quick as we'd like when we've needed to reach out.
  • Most likely due to the company recently changing hands, we had real trouble with their billing department attempting to double charge us for our services, and sorting it out took 6 months of back and forth.
For a large organization managing multiple offices, with a wide variety of needs in terms of services offered, Accruent EMS offers the 'sandbox' flexibility you will need to create a reservation and room tracking solution. For smaller companies, it is important to note that this software is basically a blank page with a set of tools meant to design the tool you need. It is not an 'out of the box' solution and will take a good deal of time working with their team to develop it to your needs. And, someone will need to be very well versed in the software to maintain it moving forward. Not recommended for small organizations.
  • We use Outlook integration, which allows our users to pair room reservation with calendar invitations, saving a good deal of time.
October 14, 2020
Accruent EMS is used by our organization to schedule meetings and events (on and offsite), visitor offices, and apartments. It is also used to manage technology, catering, and facility needs. It is used across the entire company by coordinators to schedule requests, service teams, and employees to submit requests. It allows us to use one platform for all events throughout our firm, as well as to report on meetings and events and billing.
  • Multifunctional. Offers a variety of functions for different purposes.
  • Wide array of reporting, from basic simple reports to complex reports including all details and billing. Reports can also be customizable and are very easy to follow.
  • Easy to learn and train on--it's very easy to understand and follow.
  • Notifications could be more customizable.
  • When adding a new room or resource, there are multiple places to go to be sure it has been added to all the appropriate areas, templates, etc. Would be great if that could all be addressed in one place when initially adding the item.
  • Accruent EMS is very robust, which is great. But it would have been great to know the different ways it can be used prior to the configuration process to help better determine the best configuration and setup for our company.
Accruent EMS Software is very well suited for conference room scheduling and adding services. Reporting can be customized to show different information based on what you want to report on. This is very beneficial when giving different service teams reports for only their items or being able to include additional information for their reference if needed.
  • EMS Room Sign app - It allows for last-minute scheduling/drop-in meetings (without services) for users to reserve space without having to contact conference scheduling. The information then populates into our desktop client and notifies the CS team that a meeting has been scheduled in a particular room. It also allows users to see if a space is available without making a call. Cuts down on the number of calls between users and our scheduling team.
December 06, 2020
We use EMS across our campus to satisfy a number of different departments. The Events office uses it to reserve spaces and automobiles for each department on campus. The academic side reserves rooms for classes, review sessions, thesis defenses and study groups for a number of different department and student organizations.
  • We haven't had an issue with double bookings.
  • The ease of requesting a room for a certain time/date is said to be an easy process for the external users.
  • For the internal user, it's quite easy to reserve a space and send confirmation off to the requester.
  • Customer service has been an issue for us over the past year.
  • The ease of using it as a mobile device hasn't been something which I've found yet.
EMS Software is a major upgrade over the system which we've used in the past (Resource 25). It's easy to use. No need to worry about double bookings. The process of publishing is an easy task. Just the way we use EMS works for us. Every once in a while, I'll come across an issue (running reports, a class doesn't synch into a building, or what have you) - those problems I come across every now and then. I receive help from EMS. Those are problems which I wish didn't happen but they do.
  • I haven't integrated any other tools with EMS at this point
November 08, 2020
We have onboarded EMS software this year to our global enterprise and it is being used as the primary meeting and space management software solution for our global users across 17 regional offices.
  • The product has great scalability and covers many use cases for meeting & space management solutions.
  • The product has API integration ability so the Engineering team can customize for the business needs.
  • Matured technical support system.
  • The onboarding procedure can be better. There were technical issues during our onboarding process but the engineer did not have sufficient knowledge or documentation to resolve it, and it took quite long to get it remediated eventually.
  • The response time from the technical support team can be improved.
The product has great scalability and covers many use cases for meeting & space management solutions for our firm. The EMS Outlook plug-in is very convenient for our end users to book rooms and send out calendar details in an integrated place. The Zoom integration ability is a plus especially in this pandemic environment where most of our users are working from home and utilize Zoom for daily conferencing.
  • Outlook integration: the EMS Outlook plug-in is very convenient for our end users to book rooms and send out calendar details in an integrated place.
  • Zoom integration: the Zoom integration ability is a plus, especially in this pandemic environment where most of our users are working from home and utilize Zoom for daily conferencing.
October 15, 2020
We currently use EMS to manage all our meetings and videoconference meetings across our 10 offices. Each office Conference Center team will manage the super user side of it and each employee has access to the web app version through our company portal.
  • Service management (catering, AV)
  • Great report system
  • Meetings booking management
  • Improved integration with the TMS system for video conference bookings.
  • Better customer service (support service).
  • Fix issues with host office in video conference bookings.
When we first purchased EMS we were very pleased with the product and installation process. As we continue to expand our services and the need for EMS we experience a few challenges that the EMS support team hasn't been able to address for us (issues somewhat basic which we have entered in numerous service tickets for a fix). I still see a decline in customer service from the helpline to our relationship with the account manager. At this point we are trying to pay for our yearly invoice and I have contacted EMS/Accruent by email and phone 4x to receive a copy of our invoice, and I'm still waiting to receive it even after our account manager received my request and 2 follow up emails after my call. Examples like this show EMS decline in customer service.
  • We haven't been able to do integrations.
September 11, 2020
We are a teaching hospital and I book out conference rooms for meetings, classes, workshops etc as well as equipment like laptops, projectors, Flat screens.
  • No double booking occurs
  • I print reports once a week and it has what we need
  • I love the calendar feature that I can filter rooms
  • When I print my reports it would be great to have highlighting feature
  • I like it when canceling to know who the person who canceled is, but I don't like that we have to put a reason.
It is well suited for booking rooms, especially where there are setups and restores. We have a crew that does setups etc. and so when I print out my reports I can give them a copy with the setup and restores, it is very clear and I highlight what I need them to do. It works well with booking equipment as well.
  • I like that I can easily send out confirmations over Outlook.
September 08, 2020
We use EMS to manage our internal conference and meeting room space. It is used extensively throughout our organization. It allows our staff to reserve meeting space and designate food service.
  • It allows cost accounting.
  • It avoids double-booking meeting space, thus it prevents confusion and wasting time.
  • We have had issues with the EMS plugin for Outlook. Sometimes the plugin stops working after Microsoft Windows updates. We have to uninstall and re-install the plugin and re-enable it in Add-ins.
  • The client software must match the server software. There is no backward compatibility. We have to track down all the users who have the client software whenever we upgrade the server.
EMS is well-suited in an organization that has a lot of internal meetings and has to juggle a lot of different meeting scenarios. If you have meeting rooms that are different sizes and have different video, projection, and audio equipment, EMS can be configured to handle room setups to meet all these scenarios.
  • Outlook: Most of our administrative assistants like to create a meeting in Outlook where they can see the invitees availability and also compare with room availability in EMS. The integration allows them to do both at the same time from within the Outlook interface.
  • Web Browsers: Users can use Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer to access the web version of EMS to book meeting rooms.
September 12, 2019
Mike Kraiman | TrustRadius Reviewer
The University of Oregon is preparing to use EMS Software for event and class scheduling across our entire campus. Initial users will include the registrar's office, scheduling and event services, our alumni center and our business school; we hope to roll it out to additional departments within the next couple of years. This application and anticipated integration with other software will help aggregate our school's activities in a single source for better communication of information to customers and use by risk management services.
  • The graphic user interface is well-designed and intuitive, which promotes productivity.
  • It provides workflow functionality for schedulers and service providers to efficiently relay event details and status.
  • The user-defined fields add the ability to customize reservation and space records to better meet campus business needs.
  • Bookings contain a limited number of standard time fields (event start, event end, setup time, teardown time); more options here are desirable.
  • Resource records are not as robust as some of the other areas, and could benefit from additional standard and user-defined fields.
  • Applying blackouts to spaces (to prevent bookings during certain times) appears to be a challenge: we believe it can be done, but the process doesn't seem to be straightforward.
Comprehensive event scheduling software is a very specialized entity and there are only a handful of vendors that can deliver such a product. Based on previous experience with a competitor's application, I believe EMS Software is currently the best choice for a higher education environment where academic (class scheduling) and non-academic (event scheduling) departments wish to collaborate and share spaces for efficient use of campus facilities. Because the software is extremely easy to use and intuitive, departments that rely on revolving student workers for information entry will particularly benefit from the minimal training required to perform basic operations.
  • We plan to integrate EMS Software with digital signage (through Four Winds) for dynamic display of room schedules; this will enhance patron experience.
  • We plan to integrate EMS Software with Outlook for greater user convenience across our campus.
  • We may integrate EMS Software with Localist (a web-based comprehensive calendar product) for improved promotion of events on and beyond our campus.
  • Future integration with OrgSync/Campus Labs (student organization database) and AMAG (door security devices) is also a possibility.
Read Mike Kraiman's full review
September 18, 2019
Khadra Abdulle | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using EMS in the business school at our university. We are also in the midst of bringing it onboard to use it across campus. We use EMS to book rooms, block rooms, upload classroom schedules, hoteling, breakout rooms bookings to host a variety of bookings (workshops, classes, internal meetings etc).
  • EMS has the ability to create reports on room usage and booking rates. This assistance us in justifying expansions in our building.
  • EMS also has the ability to show the rate of bookings, how many bookings are being creating, and by who. This allows us to hire more resouraces based on these stats.
  • EMS can improve on their copy and paste feature. Currently you can not copy and paste on multiple bookings without losing the original content of the copy. I have made a report regarding this.
  • Have more than two contacts on a reservation. For example, if there are three leads on a event, then we can only input 2 contact info
I would recommend EMS for our new nursing building that will be opening up in the next few months. EMS would be great because this nursing building will not only have classes taking place but also housing.
  • We were able to link EMS on to our digital signage kiosks. NO MORE using easels and blackboards for signs. So much more professional and cleaner. Clients LOVE IT
  • We were also able to link EMS into our master calendar. Client would be able to book space for their event and information would be displayed on our Buinsess campus wide calendar. Great way to advertise your event.
Support is always available and when the EMS support time can not assist then find a solution and get back to us in timely manner.
Read Khadra Abdulle's full review
September 13, 2019
Ana Fernández Silva | TrustRadius Reviewer
EMS is used across Columbia University. My department is using EMS to manage four different departments, one of them is Catering which doesn't have any building related. I am working in finance, so I have a general view of the behavior of these department business and the final procedures like billing, invoicing, and analysis.
I can see how EMS is very flexible in terms of event management, daily reconciliations and implementing resources and categories for types of uses. However, in terms of analysis there's a certain lack of consistency. We are missing an alternative option to void invoices since we don't want our past revenue to change but rather have the alternative of having a credit invoice instead.
  • I can see how EMS in very flexible in terms of event management, daily reconciliations and implementing resources and categories for types of uses.
  • EMS has a very good tools of utilization analysis tools
  • EMS is so flexible that almost any type of business can use for event/bookings purposes
  • We are missing an alternative option to void invoices since we don't want our past revenue to change but have the alternative of having a credit invoice instead.
  • We would like to have more tax detailed reports
  • Query builder is a great tool but there is some room for improvement in terms of making even more easy to use
For any type of event business, EMS is well suited. Businesses like hotels, university, real state business... EMS can be adapted for those necessities.
However, for businesses which need more focus on accounting than event management, I would recommend other accounting tools like Navision or SAP.

• We haven't integrated EMS yet
Read Ana Fernández Silva's full review
September 10, 2019
Trish Lofton | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use EMS on a department level for room scheduling in our student center. In addition to scheduling, we can provide room usage reports to upper university management.
  • Invoicing
  • Reports
  • Scheduling
  • Make it easier to select multiple rooms on a reservation
  • Create a common list of reports
  • Easier every day user interface
EMS is the perfect solution for room scheduling. There is no worry about double-booking a room, which is a costly mistake for any business. The software is capable of running so many reports for day-to-day usage as well as future projections in income.
  • Digital signage through Visix
Our organization has had very little issues with the EMS support team. No matter the size of the issue, technical support has been wonderful.
Read Trish Lofton's full review
September 10, 2019
Shalom Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
EMS is being used to manage space and services in our Student Union Building. It addresses the the high volume of space requests, and inventory tracking. We use it to push a master calendar, bill for our event services as well as provide comprehensive space utilization reporting. With a 5 tier rat structure and varying access to different group EMS is the best tool for our job.
  • It has excellent stock and customization reports. We have a responsibility to communicate the activity in the building to multiple stakeholders (dining, custodial etc) EMS allows us to create a custom report and automate it to send so we never miss a communication
  • It has a robust amount of tools to assist you in both space and service management. The way the Process Templates (web intake forms) have been designed allow us to use logic based reasoning so that one form can handle complex events all the way down to a simple boardroom reservation.
  • It has numerous integrations available to help make a seamless event management process including connections to 7pointOps and Campus Labs Engage which we use for our Student Organizations
  • We desperately wish there was a simpler way to do invoicing notifications to our clients rather than the manual email process
  • It would be excellent to simplify the rate schedule and pricing plan process. There are almost too many ways to change pricing. The ability to import an excel document of new pricing would make our lives much easier.
EMS is a great tool for anyone looking to streamline their space booking and service delivery process. There are many products to schedule space however, EMS is a true event management software that building in the ability to notify the various vendors for an event of service deliver changes and requests
  • 7Point Solutions- This manages all of our operations staff workflow. It pushes event information and diagrams out of ems and allows our students access to it via mobile.
  • Digital signage. This allows us to control what is displayed in the building in real time and we are not locked to updating schedules via paper any time a change is made.
The support platforms and avenues I have tried to utilize have not furnished results. I get the best support asking colleagues or my account manager. If it is a big change I want to implement a I look to attend the conference
Read Shalom Murphy's full review
September 18, 2019
Ralston Kwan | TrustRadius Reviewer
EMS is used to manage bookings from various room owners for different rooms such as classrooms, boardrooms, computer labs, and multipurpose rooms. Student group leaders use Virtual EMS to request bookings. EMS Web Client is utilized for users that are using Macs or a wireless connection.
  • Transparency for all bookings
  • Easy to view details of all rooms
  • Minimizes double bookings
  • Pushing events to a public calendar events
  • EMS web client is slow and clunky
EMS is perfect for a higher education institution for 1 database to book all events and classes while preserving room ownership for the various departments
  • Digital signage vs Master Calendar RSS feeds
Read Ralston Kwan's full review
September 03, 2019
Nicholas Rohde | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for scheduling academic classrooms, and for Event Spaces both for in house and external customer. It is being used across the whole organization. It helps us maximize the use of our space, schedule, track & allows users to book space.
  • Queries. I like the built in choices and the ability to make my own specific queries.
  • Ease of Movement of space. This helps tremendously as we deal with frequenct classroom changes.
  • Communication. Communication both internally and externally is very fluid in the program.
  • I would like more clear notifications when there are conflicts across long standing classes and events.
  • I would like more information about upcoming not definite bookings.
  • More customizable colors and layouts.
It’s great with external and internal bookings and for managing that space. It’s extremely user friendly and has an ease of use in training people new to the software.
  • None
  • At this
  • Time
We have just upgraded to 44.1 and support helped us many times along the way.
Read Nicholas Rohde's full review
August 20, 2019
Dana Mims | TrustRadius Reviewer
EMS is used across our institution. We use it for managing all classes and event spaces. We also use it to communicate needs with service providers - catering, event and classroom tech support, facilities, card services, guest housing, public safety, transportation, and card services.
  • EMS allows us to communicate with our campus partners in a number of ways - via auto reporting, notifications or reminders, depending on the preference of each user/group.
  • The customer service team is always well versed and extremely helpful in knowing the software so they can help us tailor the system to best suit our needs when we have questions.
  • Reporting options are really flexible. Having the option to create queries outside of the canned report options is truly helpful.
  • One area that needs to be better developed or looked into is the Master Calendar. As universities continue to looks for ways to provide one-stop shopping, it would be helpful to have a place that easily streamlines event data and event marketing in one place. Students want to go to one place to see events and plan events. Master Calendar was a good start but it is ancient and very disjointed from EMS.
  • We would love to have the webclient back. We have several users that use an ipad or apple computer and the webclient allowed that functionality.
  • One area for improvement is managing system changes. As the EMS administrator for the university, it would be great to be able to add a new building or category to EMS and add those items to all existing templates, reports, etc in one place.
EMS is a great tool for managing campus space and events. It is also well suited to manage service providers as they relate to events (though there are some restrictions for catering). It is however not the easiest to use to market those events, even though all of the event data is stored there.
  • Workday - we use the HR Toolkit to pull in faculty/staff and their departments /account number. We use Workday for HR and Finance Operations. We used Banner for these operations previously. We are currently trying to fix a few errors in the transition from Banner to Workday and its effect on the HR Tookit integration.
  • Banner - we still use banner for the academic import of classes into EMS.
  • ModoLabs - we pull events in Modo Labs for faculty/staff/students so they can go to one mobile place to see events for each day.
Since the merger, our team has found that there are a select few of the tech team that can actually support our questions. More often than not, we have already tried the suggestions that they give us and they are either unable to answer our questions and submit them as update suggestions or they have to be sent to supervisor for an answer. Once or twice in the last year we have received bad advice that resulted in system issues.

Prior to last year, the customer support system was at the top of the list of tech support departments that I have ever had to deal with, especially during our upgrade to 4.0.
Read Dana Mims's full review

What is Accruent EMS Software?

Accruent's EMS Software connects people with the right spaces, resources, and technology, solving today’s workspace and scheduling challenges and enabling organizations to get the most from their modern work and learning environments.

Employees want the flexibility to work from anywhere and to collaborate using their preferred technologies in a safe and social environment. At the same time, leaders need to drive value for their businesses by making the best possible use of their real estate footprint. Multi-use spaces, hoteling or hot desking, and open floor plans can provide efficiencies, but not when burdened with redundant, outdated tools, and processes disconnected from the rest of a business.

So EMS Software is provided as an intelligent, enterprise-class scheduling and resource management software platform, configured and integrated to a unique office environment. The vendor describes it as a management tool that offers the flexibility employees demand, while providing users the visibility, control and insights needed to drive value for the organization.The vendor further boasts deep industry expertise, with over 35 years in the business .

Accruent EMS Software Features

Has featureUtilization Reporting and Custom Queries
Has featureCatering Management
Has featureAcademic Planning and Optimization

Accruent EMS Software Integrations

Microsoft Teams, Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), Workday Student, Microsoft Outlook, Crestron Room Signs, IAdea Room Signs, Embrava Desk Signs, Envoy Visitor Mangement, Zoom Video Conferencing

Accruent EMS Software Competitors