Acoustic Campaign (formerly IBM Watson Campaign Automation) Reviews

Kristin Lucido profile photo
February 25, 2015

Marketing evolution

Likelihood to Renew

Our need for robust functionality, increased efficiency and the personal, technical support of our Account Director meets our current needs. For these reasons, I'm highly likely to recommend that my organization renew its relationship with Silverpop. Throughout our 8+ year engagement, Silverpop has time and again proved it is a partner that will grow with us as our needs evolve and change. This willingness and the constant evolution of the product continually enable us to be on the forefront with customer engagement.
Read Kristin Lucido's full review
Dimitris Rakopoulos profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Creating a marketing solution required a tool that would be used on a long term basis. So, Silverpop was chosen as a long-term solution. The tools and the roadmap ensures that it will be a tool used for a long time. The IBM acquisition indicates that Silverpop is a solution that can be the cornerstone of its marketing strategy.
Read Dimitris Rakopoulos's full review
Carey Marston profile photo
December 04, 2014

Silverpop Review

Likelihood to Renew

We have been extremely satisfied with Silverpop and our entire e-commerce system is tied into the platform. Switching costs would be extremely high and we would need to have an extremely compelling reason that Silverpop isn't fulfilling our needs anymore as the sole reason to switch, which today, I cannot see being the case for that to outweigh the high switching costs and lose the relationship that we have built with the team at Silverpop. I have always had positive interactions with all Silverpop employees and receive extremely timely answers to any questions I may have. Silverpop puts its clients first, and that is not something you find with every vendor.
Read Carey Marston's full review
Jennifer Lewis profile photo
February 11, 2014

So Long, Silverpop

Likelihood to Renew

I think its been covered in other answers, but we have outgrown the platform and need a system with better UX, flexibility and reporting.
Read Jennifer Lewis's full review
Maureen Kolb profile photo
February 01, 2014

SafePop

Likelihood to Renew

I have heard from other colleagues there are much easier to use products in the market that essentially do the same thing.
Read Maureen Kolb's full review
Dave Iles profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Although Silverpop are planning to address the weaknesses in the HTML editing features I think there are simpler and equally cost effective alternatives available to us now. The SalesForce integration will still be a key consideration when it comes to selecting alternatives but ease of use and good reporting capability will now be higher on the list of must haves
Read Dave Iles's full review
Shannon Feldpush profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

SilverPop is a great marketing tool that integrates with Salesforce to provide customers and employees a great buying and selling experience. The software takes some very difficult tasks and makes them easy to accomplish. With proper setup and management, Silverpop gives you the tools to gain insight into the productiveness of campaigns.
Read Shannon Feldpush's full review
Ryan Kramer, MBA profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I've never seen a SaaS-based product develop so slowly or be so cumbersome to use. We were willing to give them a try based on reputation and our team's initial demos, but so many of the issues we have with it are larger product problems that we don't see being solved anytime soon. I even sent an email to the CEO a year ago via our account manager to express our concerns and issues in a factual and open manner. Bill never replied. I know the Engage team works hard on the product, but we've cancelled our service and are headed to greener pastures.
Read Ryan Kramer, MBA's full review
Katie Callicutt profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I came to work at Lake Trust after the decision to work with Silverpop was made, so I inherited the program. I'd say we'll more than likely give it another go, but more training will need to be completed on my end to use the system to its fullest.
Read Katie Callicutt's full review
Joshua Klostermeyer profile photo
November 22, 2013

Silverpop Delivers!

Likelihood to Renew

At the risk of sounding redundant, we really enjoy what Silverpop brings to the table. Our last email client didn't have nearly the amount of tools and resources that Silverpop does. These "bells and whistles" serve to really differentiate our message and help drive traffic, directly impacting our bottom line.
Read Joshua Klostermeyer's full review

Likelihood to Renew

We cancelled as quickly as we could (1 year).

My rating is based on 1 year of implementing and using Silverpop. I believe it is likely a better fit for larger companies with marketing teams; if you have a team of 3 or more people, you can likely handle this product's complexity. It felt to me, as a user, to be more like 3 or 4 products that had been glued together, but I could be wrong... Really not intuitive at all. So given the negative ROI, I have to give it a poor rating.

January 13, 2014

Silverpop, 2nd to others

Likelihood to Renew

I prefer ExactTarget because of familiarity and list segmentation tools. I would consider Silverpop again, if I knew the product features I use the most have been improved upon greatly. I do like the social analytics and some of the additional reporting tools, definitely. I would consider it - I'm not currently in charge of email marketing anymore.

Likelihood to Renew

Overall Silverpop was very easy to use compared to other email marketing tools I had experience using. The only reason why it isn't getting a perfect 10 is because of the time it took to send out mass breaking news emails -- which in reality, 10-15 minutes -- is not that slow considering the quantity of email addresses in our database. But because of our industry and what my job requirements were, it proved to be a bit of a headache. Regardless, I would still recommend Silverpop to large marketing companies and others who have a design department with or without experience using other email marketing tools. It is a reliable and effective tool.

WYSIWYG email editor (9)
4.5
Dynamic content (7)
Ability to test dynamic content (8)
Landing pages (7)
A/B testing (9)
Mobile optimization (6)
5.6
Email deliverability (9)
List management (8)
Triggered drip sequences (7)
Lead nurturing (7)
Lead scoring and grading (6)
Data quality management (6)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (4)
Calendaring (8)
6.6
Event/webinar marketing (4)
Social sharing and campaigns (4)
6.5
Social profile integration (5)
6.0
Dashboards (9)
6.6
Standard reports (9)
Custom reports (7)
6.5
API (8)
Role-based workflow & approvals (4)
5.9
Customizability (5)
5.9
Integration with Salesforce.com (7)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (3)
5.1
Integration with SugarCRM (2)

About Acoustic Campaign (formerly IBM Watson Campaign Automation)

Acoustic Campaign (formerly IBM Watson Campaign Automation) is a highly scalable SaaS-based, cross-channel, digital marketing platform providing digital marketers the ability to implement and manage email, mobile, social and lead management campaign processes. It powers the delivery of consistent experiences for customers across the entire buyer journey by leveraging customer data, providing analytical insights and automating cross-channel interactions.

Digital marketers have the ability to understand and leverage real-time customer behaviors from a variety of sources to inform and promote personalized interactions. Through the solution, marketers can create a single customer identity, understand channel preferences and deliver a consistent customer experience across channels.

The Acoustic marketing product line is based on the Watson marketing suite spunoff from IBM as a separate company.

Acoustic Campaign (formerly IBM Watson Campaign Automation) Screenshots

Acoustic Campaign (formerly IBM Watson Campaign Automation) Integrations

TrenDemon, Evergage, Aurea List Manager (formerly Lyris LM), Aventri (formerly etouches)

Acoustic Campaign (formerly IBM Watson Campaign Automation) Competitors