Acronis Cyber Backup Reviews

April 23, 2020
jesse nanes | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across the entire org as our go-to backup/disaster recovery plan.
  • Bare metal backup for physical and virtual servers.
  • File folder backup.
  • Cloud + local backup.
  • I would like to see an option to test the boot-ability of a VM in an automated process.
It is suited in small to large sized businesses. It may be less appropriate for a customer with a large data set and a small budget due to the cost compared to some less effective solutions.
We have to provide lots of logs and other details but the solution is usually prompt. I would prefer the support team get connected to obtain these logs.
Read jesse nanes's full review
December 18, 2019
Tyler Despain | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Acronis Cyber Backup to provide clients with a full service and incredibly reliable backup service. It provides a full suite of backup options from file level on basic workstations to full application based backup on servers. We use it to help customers reach their RTO and RPO goals.
  • Provides detailed backup reports of successes and failures making it easy to troubleshoot issues.
  • Image level backups to local or cloud that just work.
  • Acronis Cyber Backup has many resellers that require year long commitments to use their backups.
  • Implementation of new users can be a bit roundabout for the reseller.
Acronis Cyber Backup is very well suited for mid-sized companies that are looking for a cloud backup solution that will provide a robust and very reliable backup. It’s a bit pricier than other solutions so it’s not as suited toward companies with small amounts of data to backup. Though with that price comes a high level of support and high level of reliability that isn’t available with cheaper solutions.
Read Tyler Despain's full review
October 03, 2019
Doug Ellis | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Acronis Backup for over 10 years and it has proven to be the most reliable product I have used for data and server backups. I use it internally and with all my customers. It gives me peace of mind in knowing I can recover data quickly and fully.
  • Imaging
  • Fast recovery of full machines
  • Creation of virtual hard drives
  • Recovery of files and folders
  • I have seen consistent improvements in every version.
  1. Acronis works well in protecting critical systems. These can be servers, business PCs or laptops. Basically, any critical system.
  2. Create images for deployment to new PCs or laptops.
  3. Move a system to new hardware.
  4. Create virtual hard drives for use in a HyperV or VMware host environment.
  5. Imaging of systems experiencing hard drive issues for recovery to a new hard drive.
Read Doug Ellis's full review
February 12, 2020
Acronis is being used by the IT department to back up a mission-critical production server. We have used it to browse and recover files that have been deleted in error and used it for recovery when vendor changes have caused issue with customization. We use it to incrementally back up the database locally and with the cloud service, which has been very reliable for us.
  • Notifications.
  • Ease of browsing local or cloud backups.
  • The menu system on the recovery site takes some getting used to.
  • Licensing through cleverbridge feels like extra steps.
Overall I'd recommend Acronis to anyone. It's cost effective and as an admin whose actually had to dig for files, knowing that I can spin up a machine and find what I need is peace of mind for myself and the owners of the business. The cloud service has never failed to perform the scheduled backups and it doesn't leave you with ambiguous messages about each backup.
January 24, 2020
We switched to Acronis Cyber Backup a while ago after running into some issues that caused Data loss for me. While Google Drive did manage to recover most of the files I lost, we realized we needed something more comprehensive as a dedicated back up utility. Since we started using Acron Cyber Backup, I have had to restore once, and I was thrilled with how smooth the restoration process turned out to be. We usually make incremental backups to the cloud, and restoring my crashed system was just a matter of a few clicks. And even though we have never had to use it, I like that it has ransomware protection for additional peace of mind.
  • Really simple to restore backups in event of a crash.
  • It runs backups without impacting the performance or usage of my computer.
  • I feel like the updates come out too frequently and too fast. Sometimes there are minor bugs.
I feel like the pricing and features put Acronis Cyber Backup perfectly in reach for mid-sized businesses. If you or your team works with data that is stored locally, then this is almost an absolute must-have. I feel like Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. don't cover that very well. Alternatively, if you or your team mostly work with tools on the cloud and don't really store critical data locally, you can get by without it.
October 21, 2019
We use Acronis Backup for our servers as well as PC's to make backups for safety and archival. It is simple to use and has been reliable for us.
  • Easy to install.
  • Easy to manage.
  • Easy to create a backup or clone disk.
  • It is expensive for small company use, but considering the importance of data, even a high price tag is not a disadvantage.
  • It can be somewhat slow at times.
  • The web interface sometimes kicks you out.
I would not hesitate to recommend this product, it is one of the best options for backing up and recovering data. It offers an information control panel, various specialized tools for the protection of your files, with one of the benefits of being able to access them at any moment wherever it is.
October 06, 2019
We mainly use it before reinstalling a computer, or before major computer updates. Like we did with Acronis True Image before, we will do a full backup of the computer and keep it for a certain period of time. Most of the time, a user will receive a new computer, and within a few days, they will remember files and settings that they forgot to transfer, or after an employee leaves, sometimes we need to go back to his work files.
  • The UI is very intuitive.
  • You have multiple backup options.
  • It supports multiple backup destinations.
  • It can become expansive.
  • Could be integrated with more third storage provider.
  • Can become hard to manage with a lot of computers.
If you want daily backups of all your computers, from inside or outside the network, that software is great for you. You can manage remotely and set up reporting. You can do file backups to bare metal restore backups. You can also use it to backup servers, and virtual machines, and it supports multiple operating systems.
October 08, 2019
Acronis Backup is used for making the backups of our system's database. It is used by the infrastructure department and right now we haven't had to use it fortunately because we have already redundance between sites. We also have our BCP and DRP emergency plans but we feel more comfortable having the Acronis software with us.
  • Backups from the entire computer or server.
  • It can recover a server with the entire system and software.
  • Faster recovery.
  • It could be more user-friendly.
  • Sometimes the time it takes to make a backup is slow in comparison with other systems.
It can make a full restore from an entire server in less than an hour, and the backup can be made in one external drive or in multiple DVD. However, the interface is not very friendly to navigate between menus.
October 07, 2019
Acronis Backup and Recovery is being used for a small business client as it presents a reliable and easy way for them to manage backup and recovery of their data.
  • Ease of use.
  • Set-it-and-forget it solution.
  • Economical.
  • There can be a little bit of a learning curve compared to other backup products, but not overwhelming.
  • It is somewhat limited in its feature set compared to enterprise-level solutions.
For small business scenarios, it works great. It has full image recovery, full/incremental backup and many other options at an extremely competitive price point. The product is frequently updated with valuable features.
August 23, 2018
Kevin Cooper | TrustRadius Reviewer
Acronis Backup is being used by the entire division. We use both the onsite storage and cloud storage of backups. This solves our requirement for offsite backup storage. We also backup every workstation, since the software developers have very specific configurations which would take a lot of downtime to get configured the way they prefer.
  • Image based backups. After the initial backup, the backups happen quite quickly. This allows for multiple backups per day.
  • We have different classes of data which requires different retention policies. Acronis makes that easy to manage.
  • Restoration can be done directly to hardware or to a VM. This makes it easy to migrate a physical server to a VM.
  • The cloud based backup and the local backup don't talk to each other. I can never get one answer on how much total cloud storage is being used by both the cloud managed endpoints and the locally managed endpoints.
  • Licensing could be easier to manage. Adding new licenses seems a bit manual.
  • Deploying agents doesn't always work from the console. I have to occasionally do a manual installation.
I actually think that it works great for most scenarios.
Read Kevin Cooper's full review
August 22, 2018
Ethan Nick | TrustRadius Reviewer
Acronis is being used by our location as our main means of backing up our data on a daily and bi-weekly basis. We had originally switched for ease of use reasons, after positive peer review, and due to previous usage of and familiarity with Acronis. We are able to ensure timely backups of our data across multiple machines that are easy to access, manage, and store.
  • Obtaining Data Recovery. The process of recovering any information from a backup is straight forward. There has yet to be any issues with any recovery we've attempted.
  • Setting schedules for incremental and full backup dates/times. We need to run our backups at very specific times and the ability to assign different schedules for backing up various locations is very helpful.
  • User-Friendly. All information is readily accessible in a way the flows nicely. Placement of different option makes sense as you go through the processes of install, setup and everyday usage/maintenance.
  • There are times when accessing the backup files takes an extended amount of time, as they do not always become usable quickly. It is a small complaint, as they never fail to open after a few minutes.
  • Being able to create backups on removable USB hard drives that are taken away for offsite storage when full could be better. You can make it happen but the process doesn't feel as smooth as the rest of the software.
  • It would be nice to be able to compare the contents of multiple backups at one time in order to be able to more quickly see the difference between them when searching for information changes requested by users.
I don't see why this software would be 'less suited' for usage when compared to other software for the purpose of backing up your data. It does what it is meant to do in a way that is easy to understand. The user interface is intuitive overall, setup feels standard without anything that feels out of the ordinary, and we have not had any problems with restoring information as needed.
We have only had to contact support a hand full of times. The reason for this 9 out of 10 is do to how quickly and cooperative they have been on the rare occasion we needed to chat with them about our small questions or queries with potential issues do to the nature of our business.
Read Ethan Nick's full review
August 14, 2018
Mitch Hubbell | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, we are using Acronis to backup our VMware hosts as well as the VMs living on the hosts. When I first came on board with our company there was no cloud backup happening.
  • Automated backups to both cloud and local sources.
  • The recovery process is incredibly well implemented.
  • The have some very good support.
  • I wish there was a better way to backup the contents of a NAS, currently I have to do a "Machine" backup and then point to the NAS folder/s from there.
It's a well-rounded software package for backing up virtual machines, I've not used it for physical machines yet but I'd bet it works just as well. I would however like improvements to be made in the backup process of NAS folders.
Read Mitch Hubbell's full review
July 16, 2018
Derek Schroeder | TrustRadius Reviewer
Acronis Backup is used as the primary solution for data backup and recovery. It is a software-only solution so media to write to is up to the customer to bring to the table. Acronis works by creating images of servers that can be mounted or restored and works as a bare-metal recovery option for most servers if the need arises.
  • An image-based backup solution for small to medium businesses
  • Easy to mount and restore small or large amounts of data
  • Scalable as backup needs change over time
  • Partial backup solution, still requires bring-your-own-media
  • Full image backups take longer than incremental-based solutions
Small to medium businesses will greatly appreciate the price-point and ease of use as a backup solution. May not be the best solution for long-term retention, but that is based on the company and their media.
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
October 01, 2018
Rishan Ahmed | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a Service Provider, we have completed over 500+ implementation which is more than 5000+ Workstations, 1000+ Servers and many more. As a suite, Acronis offers business continuity, sort of Data Archiving, and a complete backup. It eliminates the use of multiple products to create a secured data loss pattern.
  • One suite or one console for heterogeneous environments. Administrator can get alerts, notifications and complete control of backup and data management.
  • As an implementer, backup installation and configuration is very easy.
  • Backup schedule management is super easy. User can create backup policies as per company instructions or user patterns.
  • Real time backup has more demand now. If Acronis can implement snapshots with a real time feature, it will be a game changer.
  • Acronis support needs a lot of improvement.
  • Response from the sales team is not that good. Acronis should revise the pricing as well.
Acronis is well fitted in SMBs/Medium Enterprises who have a heterogeneous environment. When it comes to high end systems like Mainframes, Oracle Backup etc. Acronis cannot perform. It also doesn't have a good support agent.
Read Rishan Ahmed's full review
August 16, 2018
Richard N. Silverstein, M.D. | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used every day for local and cloud backups. It provides our company with bulletproof data security.
  • Reliable on site back up
  • Reliable cloud back up
  • After having to use this product for many years I cannot think of any necessary improvements. It performs flawlessly and has rescued my data numerous times over the years with speed and precision.
In my medical practice I handle a large volume of data and I have found this product to perform flawlessly. The support is the best that I have experienced anywhere.
Read Richard N. Silverstein, M.D.'s full review
August 14, 2018
Steve Redman | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used to backup all City servers in every department. It addresses the need to recover without installing Windows first. Very easy to recover data and much quicker than the competition.
  • Rapid backup and restore
  • No need to load OS prior to restore
  • Ransomware protection
  • Backups to multiple locations at the same time
Due to its comprehensive backup method, I would never consider other options. No other product comes close to the speed and ease of protection.
Read Steve Redman's full review
December 08, 2017
Paul Uslan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Acronis Backup to backup my entire computer with all my patients' information and records.
  • It does incremental backups so I do not need to worry about not having enough space on my backup drive
  • It schedules when the office is closed so does not tie up the computer during the day.
  • Advises if backup was successful and if not, where the error lies.
  • I had a hard drive error previously on my computer and the backup corrects and does not bring forward any corrupted files.
  • Easier set up for people not very computer savy, and unable to express backup path correctly in computer terms. Program finds all it needs for set up.
Perfect for internal backup without having to use cloud base solutions. I don't like have patient data sitting out there.
Read Paul Uslan's full review
December 06, 2017
Robert A. Cambridge, M.D., M.B.A. | TrustRadius Reviewer
Clinic server backup to RDX media. Addresses the need for complete restoration of patient medical charts in a very short period of time in the case of a system crash.
  • Backs up entire server.
  • Easy to install, easy to configure.
  • Flexible with types of media it uses to backup.
  • Does not recognize/individually backup MySQL Server software. Therefore, with my server if the database goes bad the entire server has to be restored. Apparently, Acronis only recognizes name-brand products.
  • Interface seems to be web-based. If the internet is down, the server cannot be restored.
If MySQL Server database crashes, the whole server has to be restored rather the just the database. It would seem that if the internet is down, the server cannot be restored due to a web-based interface.
Read Robert A. Cambridge, M.D., M.B.A.'s full review
December 06, 2017
Boon Hian Lim | TrustRadius Reviewer
Acronis Backup is being used in our department to back up the main servers in our infrastructure to onsite and offsite backup as part of our DR solution. The solution was chosen due to its entire image backup solution which makes it easy to recover from file level to entire server restoration.
  • Simple Backup Plan setup
  • Easy restoration
  • High Compression level
  • Dashboard that clearly provides necessary information
  • Provide extract of data from the cloud instead of transmitting through internet during data recovery (DR)
Acronis backup has perfect restoration across hardware where the success rate is so high. We had successfully migrated our database server using acronis backup advance with their universal restore function which allowed us to bypass the reconfiguration process. Upon a complete restore, the database server is up and running without further configuration.
Read Boon Hian Lim's full review
Andre' Forbes | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using Acronis in our IT department. I utilize Acronis to backup my server and main company files. In addition, I am backing up to the cloud for redundancy. The business problem that Acronis addresses is disaster recovery. If there is a hard drive crash on the server, Active Directory is backed up and also the server operating system. If there is a fire there is an additional backup to the cloud.
  • Acronis emails the administrator update every day on critical errors, warnings, and failures.
  • The backup is smooth and quick.
  • Very little processing resources are used from the operating system.
  • The 24 hour support is great!
  • All the technicians are very knowledgeable about the use of the Acronis product.
  • I would like to see Acronis provide virtual server operations in the product. In other words, every aspect of the Acronis product is cloud-based.
  • Supply the customer with full virtual backup, bring all functions to the cloud. No onsite hardware.
Acronis is well suited when an organization is trying to be cost-effective and more automatic. If your company is a more manual operating company Acronis is probably less appropriate for your business.
Read Andre' Forbes's full review
Dean Eumenidi | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Acronis to backup my entire server for the entire business. I do this a few times a week. I also use Acronis to backup workstations so if something happens, I can restore a new hard drive in a matter of minutes instead of taking a whole day of reloading a new hard drive from scratch.
  • Mirror image of storage device/hard drive to an external source
  • Ease of loading the backup to restore a hard drive from the external source
  • A "must Have" for any business that uses computer technology for business
  • A little explanation or help topics on setting up server backups
Well suited for backup of servers or personal computers with multiple hard drives. I only use this program for what it is intended to do....backup information you do not want to lose, so to answer a less appropriate scenario, I can not answer.
Read Dean Eumenidi's full review
December 15, 2017
Wagner Dias | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's been used for image and other application backups that are replicated to multiple vaults in different locations.
  • Full image backups
  • Full restores
  • Full backups of GPT disks
  • Better reporting capabilities
  • Support assistance would benefit from more training
  • Increased support team size
  • Support team doesn't always get back to you in a timely fashion or as agreed
If properly configured it can work well. However, issues aren't normally easy to fix.
Read Wagner Dias's full review
Paul Heihn | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Acronis to backup data locally and in the cloud. Acronis has provided one solution to backup data in several locations.
  • Acronis works everyday and reports every success or failure. We can count on it performing.
  • The setup was difficult for a small business with limited IT skills. However, one call to customer service resolved the issue completely.
Acronis is well suited to being one platform for all of our data backup needs.
Read Paul Heihn's full review
March 27, 2017
Leland Whitlock | TrustRadius Reviewer
Acronis makes the backup and recovery process a breeze supporting restore to dissimilar hardware for emergency repairs when the original server is not available. This is an excellent tool not only for servers where it is instrumental for disaster recovery but also on workstations where it helps keep us up and running as needed. Few tools are easier to use for backups.
  • The ability to make complete backups quickly.
  • The ability to restore to dissimilar hardware for emergency recovery.
  • It works with both servers and workstations.
  • Great for disaster recovery especially in a small business.
  • Restoring to dissimilar hardware sometimes has quirks if you need additional drivers. It would be nice if you could attach the needed drivers to the backup when restoring.
  • Would be nice if they could find a way to make a complete offline backup of the mobile devices so you can restore a device to the state is was when when the backup occurred including the operating system.
  • Everything we already need is supported.
It is great for Windows servers and workstations and also good for Linux when using external boot media. It would be nice to have better support for mobile devices and capturing their exact state including the OS that is installed at the time.
Read Leland Whitlock's full review
March 27, 2017
Brandon Justice | TrustRadius Reviewer
I briefly used it to back up several computers using W7 and XP.
I did not use it again because it did not work well with several of the XP machines and locked up or did not complete a full backup. So I decided to not purchase it after the trial.

• Worked well with W7
  • Did not work well with our XP machines. Was unable to determine if it was our side or the backup software.
If you have a grouping of Windows 7 or newer machines it should work well. But from what I experienced it did not like to work with older versions of Windows. And again, I am unsure if it was something with our PC's or if it was the backup software that was having the issue.
Read Brandon Justice's full review

What is Acronis Cyber Backup?

Acronis Cyber Backup aims to be the most reliable and easy-to-use backup for businesses of all sizes, whether it is located on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, or on mobile devices.

Acronis promises to help IT keep the business running. Businesses can be at risk of losing important data. Lost data leads to costly downtime, customer dissatisfaction, regulatory fines, and lost revenue. As a result, the IT pros must meet extremely high expectations. You need to keep the company running 24-hours a day.

According to the vendor, the key benefits of Acronis Cyber Backup include:
  • Full Availability, No Downtime
  • Complete Protection, Now and Forever
  • Fast Backup, Non-Stop Business
  • Proactively eliminate attacks
  • Restore VMs in seconds
  • Reduce outages with the best RTO
  • 20+ platforms protected
  • Easy scalability with data growth
  • Mobile data protection
  • Instant protection with 3 clicks
  • Multi-tier deduplication
  • Off-host backup operations
  • Spend Less, Best ROI and TCO
  • Minimal upfront costs with simple licensing options
  • Simplified, automated administration