https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/0o/ED/B44SZIS8EMTA.PNGAct-On Proves to Be a WinnerAct-On is used by me primarily as an email-marketing tool as well as a form submission tool. It works in conjunction with Salesforce and our existing website. Having used other email marketing tools, I find it easily outclasses much of what I worked with in my past. It is easy to use while still having many additional features that I am still scratching the surface of.,Email creation: The ability to design new or re-use existing templates makes Act-On a great improvement over other tools I have used. Reporting: Act-On provides easy to understand reporting tools. It allows me to delve into the analytics of how my sends perform. Import ease: The ability to import the data that I use for some my sends is highly intuitive.,At times, there are almost too many features to manage. I know there is more that I can do with Act-On, but I have only so much time in the day. I don't have too much time to explore.,10,Better tracking of marketing efforts Better insight into lead conversion.,Concentri,Coremetrics,Axciom,25,000 to 100,000,10,10,9,10,9Act-On - a great tool with great people!Ease of use Great support staff You don't need to be a hi-level HTML coder to get started Step-by-step campaign set up encourages first time users to create more campaigns Easy webinar set up,It would be great to get updated emails on new releases and the like. I have to rely on the support site or similar or maybe I am missing something? Marketo and Pardot sends out periodic emails on new versions, webinars, etc If I wanted to find a name in the database, the search function did not work at times. It was pretty much hard to look for a person or persons universally in your Act-On list(s),10,Webinars using Act-On have increased MQL to SQL dramatically - Enwisen/Infor ran, at its peak, two webinars in a month alongside a weekly 'educational' series. We found this to be very helpful in engaging existing and new leads. Webinar set up too place in one tab very very little frustrations having to toggle between WebEx. Alerts to our reps have increased engagements whenever a lead comes to our website,10,10,No,10,We were blacklisted due to our not cleaning our lists for such a long time, our support manager, Jennifer, did an awesome job referring us to a list cleansing vendor (I didn't know they existed) as well as helping us get our mailers out!Act-On's the System to Grow With!Our Act-On account is being used mainly by our Marketing department, but we deploy messages for the whole organization. It addresses the issue we had not being able to determine if our messages were being opened and read by our audience. It allows us to get information out quickly and keep track of who receives that information.,Very easy to use--their user interface makes it easy to navigate around and get to the features you need They LISTEN to their users--they're constantly implementing most-wanted features that their users request, not just what they feel would be best, so they're always making their product better. Nice integration with CRMs--we have Salesforce.com, and one of the main reasons we chose Act-On was because it interfaced well with SFDC so our sales team would be able to adapt to using the Act-On metrics and information provided. Email Reports are easy to read and see how each message is performing. Compared to other systems the price was great for all of the features it included.,Reporting capabilities--while they provide great information, it would be helpful for me to share that report or information on a specific message easily with particular people. Currently, I have to take a screen shot to send the email message reporting numbers if someone wants to see how the message is performing. Having an easy share link or email-able graphic report would be awesome. Tiered folders for the Media Library--we have 4 different divisions of our company and each has a very different portfolio of products. It would be helpful to segment each division's collateral into folders (i.e. Window Systems Division folder which drills down and has individual folders for videos, literature, data sheets, etc.) Robust lead scoring--Act-On's lead scoring module is very easy to use--but we'd like to see it get a little more advanced and score on a tier basis (someone may be a qualified lead, but shouldn't be rated as high because they've opened a ton of our messages).,9,It's been tremendous for us as far as having the information available that we need. We are able to show what communications are getting through to our customers and what they particularly like receiving information on. It's given our sales team a whole other tool in their arsenal with respect to the pieces of information they now have access to. They can see which of their customers are visiting what product pages and it allows them to reach out and strengthen those conversations and they didn't have that previously before Act-On. We are able to qualify and convert leads much faster because of Act-On. Instead of throwing leads at our sales team after a trade show, we can pull them in and nurture those leads through marketing, and pass them off once they become more qualified--this saves our sales team time and effort without wasting time chasing a dead lead.,Marketo Marketing Automation,Eloqua,Kentico,9,Email marketing Lead nurturing Lead scoring and grading List segmentation Sales intelligence Integration with CRM system Integration with webinar system,Less than 10,000,8,8,9,9,B2B,,3,Email Marketing--getting information out to our customers about their accounts, events, follow-ups from events or trade shows, new product announcements Information collection--we use forms generated in Act-On to gather information about visitors Integration within our CRM system--allows our sales team to see what visitors are doing on the website so they can time follow-up appropriately.,I have used it for internal purposes to track attendance at our tradeshows for staff and for them to order their uniform attire.,Expand internal usage Follow up on Quality complaints,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,I have more experience with Marketing Automation now, so I would have more scenarios and questions to ask to see how the system would work for us. I would look at longer term goals and probably look a little less on price.,Online training Self-taught,7,It was really easy to learn the features of the system without formal training. The area that we lacked was in Marketing Automation 101 and the basic best practices and processes since we had never used a marketing automation system before.,No,9,Yes,We had some issues connecting our CMS (Content Management System) and getting our documents to be "searchable" on our website. It was an issue that Act-On was not familiar with, and wasn't really their fault, but they pulled a team together to help us resolve the issue anyway. They also made sure to follow up and see how things were working after we implemented the change.,Segmenting Lists Sending Emails reviewing activity within our CRM system Composing forms,HTML building (I don't have a lot of experience with this and find it difficult to build emails using HTML and CSS Styling) Integrating forms within landing pages,Yes,9,10,9,We negotiated a couple of additional marketing users as well as our sales user price since we had such a large number.,We had a good experience with this and Act-On was really easy to work with so I don't see much additional help or tips that would be appropriate for here.Act-On - great for one-man-bands like meAutomated programs and emailing are fantastic - can automate the sending of program messages, or pushes and pulls to Salesforce, automatically.,I would say the UI isn't the prettiest I've seen,9,Shortened sales cycle (leads to sales faster), and more measurable results in email campaigns (reporting).,,10,2,1,Email marketing, signups and forms, landing pages, automating complex email programs, great integration with our CRM (Salesforce),,Implemented in-house,10,Online training Self-taught,9,It was pretty easy to learn - there are a few exceptions. Emailing, list management, forms and landing pages are all pretty intuitive and easy to use (with a nice editor). For advanced features like the Automated Programs, it's good to look at the training.,No,10,9,10,9,Not yet.,I didn't really need to - they came in at an excellent price point, and the terms are month to month - which is brilliant. No contract, so they pretty much care about me every month, not just when I'm up for renewal.Act-On has transformed our sales and marketing.List management is very strong, with ability to segment and create segments of segments, allowing very detailed targeting. Act-on today gives a live, accurate overview of our entire 50,000 customer and lead database and allows us to respond incredibly quickly to any trends The templates for landing pages, forms and emails allow us to send impactful and persuasive communications quickly and at no cost. Automatic reports have greatly increased the quality of information I can give to directors.,The templates lack some flexibility and perhaps impact.,Over the year, I am confident of a 300% ROI.,8,10,Communicating to customers. Communicating to prospects and leads. Automating communication to customers and prospects. Defining customer segments. Monitoring prospect and lead interaction with us. Guiding work of sales team. Creating landing pages and emails. Event booking. Lead nurturing. Inbound marketing. SEO of website and all digital communications. Increasing information sharing between sales team and marketing team. Sharing best practice across sales and marketing function.,,,Implemented in-house,9,Online training Self-taught,10,I would recommend you use a combination of self-training and guided, because the Act-On team have a lot of ideas and neat tricks that you might not discover on your own...the system really does much more than you might realise at first!,No,8Good starter marketing automation product.Lead Scoring Tracking Online behavior Integration with Salesforce & GoToMeeting,Social Intelligence,Streamlines hot leads Nurtures cold leads,9,9,15,15,Marketing Sales,No,,Implemented in-house,9,Online training In-person training Self-taught,10,8,I would not recommend trying to jump in without training...though it's an easy product to understand I would still make sure you take the time and set up trainings with your account manager to make sure everything you're doing is being done correctly.,Created new custom fields through different objects within SFDC along with writing a few formulas to follow lead source and adding in views.,No,10,9,10,9,Saleforce.com GoToMeeting,None at the moment,,I was able to get an extra thousand contacts as they were running a special. Other than that their pricing is pretty straightforward and there is not a ton of wiggle room, but you can talk about getting a custom package built for your organization.Strong product but survey module is weak.Act-On's analytic data is spot on and gives me the ability to take meaningful action when clients and potential clients interact with our content. My biggest headache with software similar to Act-On is how to engage other departments and business units. Act-On's simple and robust connect to other software platforms allows our teams to work in the software programs that work best for them while still representing strong data. For example, I don't want our sales team to have to learn Act-On. Because the system they use every day - Salesforce - is tightly integrated with Act-On, they can see from within Salesforce what path a prospect has taken thorough our website, and what offerings they have been looking at. This allows them to have a much higher-oder conversation with the prospect. Because they have a lot of knowledge about what the customer wants, they can be much more targeted in their messaging and shorten the time to sale. Act-On does email marketing management very well. Not only am I getting analysis from the email, but also the traffic patterns my clients and potential clients are creating once they enter my site. This is powerful when engaging directly with my market - they feel we have tailored our approach just for them.,My biggest issue is that the survey module is not great. In particular, the survey analytics are not detailed enough for us to make business decisions. We survey our customer base quite a bit to understand what is important to them, so this is important. It would be great if the survey analytics were integrated with the excellent Act-On analytics. But they are separate. Because of the survey weaknesses, we use Survey Monkey and Act-On unfortunately does not provide a connector to this product.,10,We ran our Black Friday campaign to our current clients and netted more than $30,000 off the campaign alone, and with each month that passes we net more than $5,000 on a recurring offer related to that campaign. Had it not been for Act-On we would have not had the bandwidth to manage the campaign. With another unbelievably simple campaign launch, we generated a $8,700 sales from a simple email address capture. As time passes, I'm certain we will garner even more powerful RIO.,Marketo,HubSpot,Pardot,Less than 10,000,7,1,Act-On helps us with our marketing automation and content delivery. The primary use case is producing email campaigns and testing our messaging with different market segments, and different landing pages to optimize conversion. Essentially we do content marketing: We make content available and encourage prospects to insert themselves into the sales pipeline. Relevant digital interaction with clients and potential clients.,Optimizing digital properties for marketing and search engines. Deep insight into habits and trends of clients. Launch and maintain quick digital campaigns with very little ongoing facilitation.,Deeper engagement with clients and potential clients Launching multiple, targeted sales funnels More sophistication within market segmentation,10,,Price Product Features Product Usability Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,If I were to do it over again, I might have spent a little more time on the difference in features among the various softwares. The great thing... I don't have to do it over again. Should there ever be a feature I truly need, the Act-On team is willing to consider adding the feature.,Implemented in-house,Yes,Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled,Didn't know all the features upfront so wasn't completely sure how to take best advantage of the software. Personal time to actually do the implementation was limited due to other duties.,10,Online training In-person training Self-taught,10,10,Because it's very intuitive and their support is so amazing, I felt comfortable learning some of it on my own.,10,Work with Act-On's customer service reps as much as possible. They will help you grow your campaigns quickly and easily.,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,Some - we have added small pieces of custom code,It was very easy for us to build our specific sales funnels with automation based on clients/potential clients interactions.,No,10,No,I was building an automated sales funnel and wasn't sure about the logic for the campaign. The customer support agents worked very quickly with me to resolve the logic issue and got my campaign launched within a 10-minute phone call.,Email broadcasting Landing pages Search engine/marketing optimization Automated sales funnel campaigns,No feature is so cumbersome that I would deem it as such,9,10,10,9,Salesforce.com Website,I'd like to see a deeper integration with surveying software at some point.,AppExchange or similar marketplace,9,Work with the Act-On reps. They want you to succeed and want you up and running very quickly.,10,10,$500 monthly rate. No tips/advice needed. They are fair and let their service stand for itself.,Let them know some specific needs for which you plan to use the system. The reps will guide you in the right direction.,Yes,More features Better search engine/marketing optimization Watch the competition when they make a move and respond quickly,Awesomeness... and they're delivering it!,No,NoFantastic product!Everything in the system is extremely user friendly, and I love that everything you need for email creation etc. is all in one place. I can create emails in a fraction of the time it took me before, can easily convert these emails to landing pages to post on the website, and insert links to downloads that I no longer have to gate - but can still get detailed click information on.,There are a few features that we really loved in Hubspot that are missing from Act-on. One of them is time spent on a page - Hubspot could tell you how long a web visitor stayed in a page or the site, giving an indication of level of interest. I also think that the "anonymous leads" in Hubspot were easier to look thru, search etc.,10,We have been able to increase the number of communications we are sending, because it is so much easier to send emails and segment the list as needed.,,10,000 to 25,000,Email marketing, marketing automation, lead scoring and targeting,9,,Vendor implemented,9,Online training,8,No,8Social media integration not fleshed out.This system is best for small businesses who need to align their sales & marketing teams. It instantly improved our workflow processes and started driving more qualified leads to our sales team almost immediately.,The social media integration is not completed fleshed out yet. Would love if it was more like Hootsuite, Adobe Social, or Sprout Social. Though you can currently publish and "listen" -- it is very buggy and not very intuitive.,10,The lead score processes and website visitor tracking can be immediately used to show leadership the software's ROI.,,10,5,1,We have integrated our system with Salesforce to help nurture leads and deliver more qualified leads to our sales team.,,Implemented in-house Professional services company,10,Online training Self-taught,10,Yes, but I am usually pretty savvy when it comes to tech/software.,Yes,7,8,10,10,Salesforce,NoAgency version allows us to use with multiple clients.Solves all the typical automation needs. Integrates seamlessly with Salesforce Lead scoring and website tracking Best-in-class email engine Integration with gotowebinar,Social sharing is not as advanced as Hubspot, but it keep getting better. A recent new update, in particular, has improved it quite a bit. Hubspot has something similar to Hootsuite built-into the product platform. This includes things like its own proprietary URL shortening tool. Act-On uses bit.ly, which is adequate but not as good. Although we can publish to social media channels from Act_on, it does not have the more sophisticated management features that you find in Hubspot.,10,Shorter sales cycle More qualified leads to sales Better identification of leads in general,,10,B2B,5,1,Act-On was an all-in-one solution for our digital marketing needs. It became our email marketing tool, gave us the ability to create web forms for lead capture and connected with our CRM system seamlessly to keep sales involved to close the loop. Website visitor tracking and lead scoring.,,Implemented in-house,9,Online training,10,10,10,10,10,Salesforce Gotowebinar Microsoft Dynamics (on-premise) Sugar CRM,Wordpress,File import/export Single Signon API (e.g. SOAP or REST),7,Obviously, understand what apps you need to integrate with and use that as your basis for selecting an automation platform. Prioritize which ones are must haves and which ones are nice to haves. Act-On could use a few new additions, but for the most part they have the major ones covered.,They have a standard month-to-month modelMarketing Automation That Isn't Overkill for Your DepartmentIt helps us generate leads and help nurture them so we can help better qualify them for sales whether that be through monitoring lead scores or education through email campaigns.,The inability to create real custom forms is a bit troublesome and could be improved.,Ability to capture how many of our leads are turning into sales and putting a dollar value to sources we use.,8,8,3,2,It helps run our marketing campaigns and improve our lead nurturing. It has helped us identify areas in our pipeline that need to be examined to help move leads along.,,,Implemented in-house,6,Online training Self-taught,6,Yes for the most part.,No,9,7,5,7,Yes,,We were able to negotiate a great reasonable price as we were transitioning from Marketo.Would like more form customizability.Act-On is easy to use and offers so many powerful tools beyond just email campaigns. My sales team loves the lead scoring and activity history because they can really evaluate a lead's level of interest before having to pick up the phone. My executive team loves the high-level reporting that shows campaign effectiveness beyond the first email because it includes subsequent activities including web visits, form submissions, webinar attendance and more. I love Act-On because it has greatly reduced my workload in terms of manual intervention with campaigns and data management between platforms.,We have not found anything lacking from Act-On's included features. If I were to create a wish list it would include greater customizability of form layout and styling without having to upload custom HTML stationery. I would also like to see the out-of-the-box reporting be more customizable.,Increased number of leads converted to opportunities and increased closure rate.,10,10,5,1,Act-On enables us to conduct large-scale email marketing campaigns, automated emails, and drip campaigns. The integrated lead scoring and web visitor analytics help us to better evaluate our leads and give our sales team the information they need to reduce time spent chasing cold leads. We no longer have to merge statistics from multiple sources to see the ROI on our campaigns as everything now seamlessly integrates into Salesforce.,,,Vendor implemented Implemented in-house,10,Online training,10,No,10,10,10,10,Salesforce,,Having a free-trial period really helped my executive team to feel confident about the purchase.Great, but CRM integration could be better.Act-On handles a content marketing strategy to perfection. Deploying emails with white papers for prospects to download (among other content types) is simple and not time consuming. It makes a marketing "team" of one be able to handle all the details of a complicated campaign and lead scoring process -- without the complicated interface.,I feel Act-On could integrate better with my CRM. Specifically - it uses a report to generate the basic building blocks for my email campaigns. Other than that, it's performed very well, and the Act-On dev team is always cranking out new, useful tools. I'd also like to see multiple lead scoring models. I have a manual workaround to produce a lifetime lead score.,Almost all of our revenue has started from the marketing campaigns using Act-On,10,10,,1,In addition to sending over one million emails per year, Act-On fuels our sales pipeline by way of a lead score. We also use it for website visibility (inside sales reps are trained to call prospects after getting a visitor alert), and to send individual, targeted emails to high priority suspects. In sum, Act-On does the heavy lifting for all of our marketing and sales activities on the front end of our sales funnel.,,,Vendor implemented,9,Online training In-person training Self-taught,9,8,Yes. I'd say 85-90% of the system is extremely easy to learn. There are some parts that even experienced professionals will want some guidance on, though.,No,10,8,9,7,Salesforce.com GoToMeeting,no,,The terms were simple - month to month pricing, and very affordable. No negotiating necessary. Best of all - you get every bit of functionality for the one price. No additional costs for a premium model. No extra fees for stellar customer service.First-rate tool. Excellent client service.The streamlined platform puts first-rate marketing tools at our fingertips, making campaigns and programs easier and faster. We integrate our CRM, webinar management and other tools so our analytics are accessible. with one click.,Our company would benefit from more detailed ROI reports for offline campaigns in Salesforce.,Better open / click thru rates on email campaigns, increased website visitor conversions.,9,9,We use the platform for email marketing, website tracking, reporting, lead scoring, automated drip campaigns, and webinars. Act-On syncs with Salesforce which enables us to measure results and track leads.,No,,Implemented in-house,9,Online training In-person training Self-taught,9,9,Yes. Users can access Act-On University for training on-demand.,No,9Fantastic product has really made an impact.Act-on has been a revolutionary product for us as it has given us transparency into the top of our funnel. We've been able to fine tune our value propositions and marketing messaging to learn what each segment of our prospect base identifies with and then turn this into actionable leads for our sales team. Through the lead score process we know which of our prospects are responding to our marketing and that allows us to contact them and engage them in further development with the ultimate objective of moving them to a sales ready lead.,The product is fantastic at mass email marketing, webinar integration, social media marketing, CRM integration and providing transparency into your sales and marketing funnel,We've developed our sales and marketing process to the point that virtually 100% of our sales funnel and closed deals start out in Act-On.,10,10,10,1,Act-On gives use visibility into the top of our sales funnel through their lead scoring process. Additionally, it helps us nurture leads and move them to sales qualified leads.,,,Implemented in-house,10,Online training,10,We customized templates for each of our inside and outside reps,No,10,10,10,10,Salesforce.com and Go-To-Webinar,No other systems planned,,The month to month agreement makes trying Act-On a no risk decision.Tracking and analytics spot-on.The tracking and analytics capabilities are spot-on and it is very useful for large marketing lists and for interfacing with Salesforce. (We don't actually use Saleforce however - we use a custom CRM system). Act-On helped a lot in building a simple integration to our custom CRM. Tracking is particularly helpful for our ad-word campaigns. Act-On allows us to capture information even if someone doesn't enter specific data. Analytics provides us better data than we would get from Google.,The product does not emphasize all of the functionality clearly enough at times. we struggle in the beginning in not knowing exactly what the product could do which hampered our initial campaigns. Training is too rushed and does not cover all the details you need to know. You really need to spend a week to 10 days using the system to really understand all the functionality before going live. For example, we struggled with email templates. Their training module on this (forms) was very light. After that, they added a lot more functionality and variation and templates. Although we were not aware of it, one month in, they had added many more templates which I was not aware of and which would have given us some of the template flexibility I needed. Also, we didn't even realize that it was possible to design our own templates by writing HTML directly.,It has helped with warm leads by increasing them by almost 30%. Warm leads are those for which we know not just name and phone number. We also know company location, training library they are interested in, detailed contact info /position. Before implementing Act-On, we would know only very basic data such as the country in which a website visitor is located. Because of analytics, we knew a lot more. SInce we knew so much more about our leads, it was much easier to talk to them and set up demos. I knew what they had been looking at on our website, which products they are interested in, whether they are the likely decision maker, etc.,4,8,3,1,It is used to create and track email campaigns. We also use it to target website and ad visitors and for lead scoring. Prospects are identified either from our CRM system or from purchased lists. Another smaller bucket of prospects are from our ad-word campaigns and website visitor id. For leads identified through web analytics, we generally make a direct call and follow-p with an email. We use Act-On to build landing pages for specific campaigns (which are really just extra pages on our website). Our campaigns are highly segmented. For example, we target specific vertical industries like oil and gas / manufacturing / distribution a d use different email templates and landing pages for each (both Act-On templates and ones we have designed ourselves). We also have different campaigns depending on prospect behavior. Their training module on email templates (forms) was very light. After that, they added a lot more functionality and variation and templates...a month in, they had templates that I wasn't aware of.,,,Implemented in-house,,Online training,7,No,6,6,8,8,Yes.,,We negotiated a month-to-month agreement at a good rate. I would advise buyers to focus more on training and implementation, because I felt we lost some time trying to figure out all the functions of the system when we went live.
Act-On Software

Act-On Reviews

Act-On
Showing 16 of 364 Act-On ratings and reviews.

Carrie Scheetz profile photo
December 09, 2014

User Review: "Act-On's the System to Grow With!"

Online Training

Act-On had a lot of resources, and their staff was great at answering any questions I had to make sure we got started on the right foot. Looking back, I would have preferred some additional training sessions since we didn't have any previous experience with Marketing Automation and best practices.
Read Carrie Scheetz's full review
August 17, 2015

Act-On Review: "Fantastic product!"

Online Training

The system is very user friendly, I think we were up and running within a day or so of having the product. It took very few online training for me to learn a large chunk of the functionality of this system.
November 23, 2014

Act-On Review: "Agency version allows us to use with multiple clients."

Online Training

Really straightforward. Walk you through whatever you need, but also have extensive library of tutorials and videos and FAQs. Documentation is very helpful. Training people are great. They will cover topics in as much detail as you want.
March 12, 2013

Act-On Review: "Tracking and analytics spot-on."

Online Training

The training generally provided good information, but was not detailed enough. It seemed that we went through it all too quickly so that we could begin using the software and getting value from it. This did not work out very well, since gaps in our knowledge of what the product could do hurt us later on.

WYSIWYG email editor (107)
Dynamic content (87)
Ability to test dynamic content (87)
Landing pages (103)
A/B testing (90)
Mobile optimization (99)
Email deliverability (107)
List management (106)
Triggered drip sequences (84)
Lead nurturing (100)
Lead scoring and grading (100)
Data quality management (98)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (90)
Calendaring (8)
Event/webinar marketing (72)
Social sharing and campaigns (66)
6.7
Social profile integration (60)
6.3
Dashboards (104)
6.7
Standard reports (107)
Custom reports (80)
6.2
API (63)
Role-based workflow & approvals (67)
Customizability (85)
Integration with Salesforce.com (62)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (32)
Integration with SugarCRM (26)

About Act-On

Act-On is an adaptive marketing platform that drives personal and purposeful multi-channel marketing. We spark better inbound and outbound marketing, enable a tighter alignment with sales, and turn your data into substance you can act-on.

Our customers range from start-ups and fast-growing young companies to well-established enterprise institutions; from marketing teams in small and medium-sized businesses, to independent teams in large enterprise corporations. They use Act-On in many different ways to realize their marketing objectives. What’s the one common denominator? The success they achieve with Act-On.