Reviews (1-1 of 1)
May 03, 2016
Score 7 out of 10
We use Data Integrator to bridge data from our Admissions software to our Student Information System. It is used by the IT developers only, with guidance from both the Admissions department and Registrars department. We have three bridges we have built using Data Integrator, one for each main branch/type of student. This product allows us to successfully transition the data appropriately into our core system.
- Map multiple source and destination tables - what would be done in many steps in SSIS can be done in one or two "maps" in Data Integrator.
- Platform independent, cloud based, no client software.
- Conversion of data types, write flat files - this helps us with integrating systems.
- Fairly straightforward to use if the user has ETL experience.
- Sometimes the screen does not load- since it is a web based software, this can be seen as a reliability issue.
- "Maps" can become somewhat complex, and between multiple developers this can be painful when sharing or explaining others' work.
- The concept of macros adds flexibility in how to solve problems, but is a separate language and can take time to learn and master.
Read Justin Duperre's full review
I wouldn't recommend Data Integrator over SSIS, but it may be a better tool than other ETL offerings. Having a background in the Microsoft Stack, I am hesitant to recommend any other products especially in a Microsoft-centric company. If this was the only option to use, I think it does a good job at integrating systems after taking time to learn the approach. "Maps" in Data Integrator is definitely different than "process flow" philosophy in SSIS.
Actian Pervasive Data Integrator Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Actian Pervasive Data Integrator?
Actian Pervasive Data Integrator is a data integration solution supported by Actian following the merging of that company with Pervasive.
Actian Pervasive Data Integrator Technical Details