- Tracking internal tasks
- Projecting progress
For two teams Active Collab is being used in my organization as project management tool after our customer decided to move to agile scrum …
Task Management (10)
Email integration (8)
Team Collaboration (11)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ActiveCollab, and make your voice heard!
ActiveCollab Project Management
Entry-level set up fee?
- $6.25 per member, per month, annual billingOptional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
ActiveCollab is a project management software designed to give users complete control over work. The tool is equipped with features to help users organize work and keep free from distractions, even when working remote: workload management, time tracking, project profitability, task dependencies, invoicing, collaborative options, third-party integrations, etc.
The vendor states that ActiveCollab will give companies a boost and an enjoyable transition towards remote work, with their 90-day trial offer.
They further state that ActiveCollab is used by teams of all backgrounds - from large teams in international corporations to small startups, and everything in between.
- Supported: Task Management
- Supported: Resource Management
- Supported: Gantt Charts
- Supported: Scheduling
- Supported: Team Collaboration
- Supported: Support for Agile Methodology
- Supported: Document Management
- Supported: Email integration
- Supported: Mobile Access
- Supported: Timesheet Tracking
- Supported: Change request and Case Management
- Supported: Budget and Expense Management
- Supported: Quotes/estimates
- Supported: Invoicing
- Supported: Project & financial reporting
- Supported: Integration with accounting software
- Supported: Time Tracking
- Supported: Task Dependencies
- Supported: Discussion Boards
- Supported: Group Calendars
- Supported: Project Management
- Supported: IT Project Management
- Supported: Percent-Complete Tracking
- Supported: Project Planning
- Supported: Time & Expense Tracking
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||All Countries|
|Supported Languages||Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, or Turkish.|
- Easily add clients as guests and control the amount of access.
- Clients can start discussions and respond to existing discussions via email.
- Discussions have good formatting options to allow for improved readability.
- Individual comments cannot be linked to. This makes it more difficult to reference a comment or question.
- Unnecessary features cannot be turned off. Since we use it primarily for communication, it would be ideal to turn off tasks etc. that are not needed or be able to move discussions as the first screen.
- There isn't an easy way to set up different projects under the same client.
- Simple interface.
- Flexible setup of tags and categories.
- Handles agile and waterfall type workflows well.
- Could use more flexibility in setting up categories.
- It would be nice to have multiple Kanban boards inside a project.
- The search functionality could be improved.
- Simple project management
- Organized task lists
- Solid user management tools
- Uninspired design
- Very basic text editing features, minimal support for screenshots (you get 1 per task/message update)
- Activity log to see the general picture.
- Ability to manage different projects.
- Daily email report on things discussed the previous day.
- Subtasks cannot be managed as full tasks, with comments.
- No ability to make several assignees.
- Project Management - Makes it very efficient to manage projects using Gantt Charts, daily email reports and custom reports!
- Collaboration - Allows to collaborate with team members, tag them in tasks, send files/attachments.
- Task delegation - With just 2 clicks you can delegate tasks to other team members/users.
- Search functionality - The search functionality is not so promising and I'm unable to find the tasks/items that I need even though I use the keywords that are in the ticket/comments -- Definitely something that needs to be improved.
- No snooze functionality for tasks - If you work on multiple projects and deal with large number of tasks/tickets then things can get messy in your "workspace." An easy feature that can resolve this is to add snooze functionality. That way users can snooze tasks and optimize their workspace until when they really need to work on the task.
- No ability to color code tasks - I'm a visual person and deal with a large number of tasks on ActiveCollab. Seeing my huge pile of tasks in the same color makes me lose track of things and slows me down. It would be very helpful for me if task color coding was added to Active Collab -- I'm sure there are others out there who benefit from this feature, too!
- They give you the source code to use on your own server.
- It is easy to sort clients and campaigns.
- The email notifications work perfectly when tagging and talking to people. They allow you to subscribe to tasks as well to keep in the loop on what is going on.
- They don' do Gantt charts well
- Integrations aren't awesome yet
- They don't have task dependencies
- Very nice interface for all user roles in the system.
- Effective notification of pending tasks and optimal management of the equipment.
- Organized work flow, productive tasks and correct execution.
- Creation of filters to better locate artifacts for daily use.
- It is confusing when a review is made, before buying the product.
- It lacks animation and pleasant forms for the user.
- Does not allow effective communication when activities are reported. Since it does not provide a direct message chat.
- The reports that are generated are basic, they do not have personalization characteristics.
- Its billing & invoice feature worked pretty well for T&M teams. ActiveCollab version 5, the current version, allows you to directly track time to tasks using the Timer app and later create invoices based on those time entries. Their statuses will change through phases, as you are pending payment, or after they are set as paid.
- Here cost can be easily assigned to each team member, Team members can start the timer after they start their work, then allows you to export the time records of team members making it easy to complete the billing.
- File sharing feature is very useful for distributed teams as we can we can easily share files, screenshots.
- Also ActiveCollab ability to connect to Google docs, attach images and link to web pages make it unique from other project management tools.
- AC easily allows you to track your daily tasks & serves reminder if miss on the targets defined by giving daily / weekly reminders regarding tasks and any that have gone over due dates.
- ActiveCollab is quite easy to use. With just a few clicks, you can create a new project.
- The dashboard and options are easy to see and it is well laid out.
- Here user have an opportunity to select the number of emails they receive from ActiveCollab and for some email providers, such as Gmail grouping is enabled. So rather than getting multiple mails, it send you a summary of all the daily notifications in one mail.
- It allows users to upload several files at once on task comments, and if you are set with the owner role, or have the member role but are a project leader, you have a Batch Edit option available on project level. This allows you to edit multiple tasks at once and change all the details on them, such as assignee, due dates, labels, importance, and more.
- It does not provide support to scaled agile frameworks like SAfe which is there for Rally & AgileCraft.
- Daily notifications to the mail about upcoming tasks and expired, if any.
- Preparation of financial reports and tasks for specific projects. You can form for individual tasks, employees and other criteria.
- The availability of the gantt chart greatly simplifies the process of building the project, as it is an effective tool that helps to see the order of tasks to be performed.
- I would like to supplement the mobile application with the functionality that the service has in the desktop version, for more efficient work.
- Sorting projects and tasks is not always convenient, I would like to customize it for myself.
- Great for project and task assignments, project workflow and communications.
- Solid web-based platform that doesn't require software downloads, also includes great mobile platform.
- Great reporting tools for managing billing, estimating, project workflow and other essential project details.
- Allows for both the agency and its clients to interact on a single platform using role-specific permissions.
- As a web-based platform, sometimes things go down on their end and we lose access to our project management tool to the ire of all.
- Project searching can be hit or miss, and filtered search often leaves out projects that should have shown.
- Email alerts are often not as helpful as they seem.
- The time tracking desktop app is great, giving both a list of assigned tasks and allowing time spent on them to be recorded quickly and easily.
- Xero integration means that all time tracked can be used to create invoices within our chosen accounting package with the minimum of fuss.
- Project templates ensure that each new project is quick and easy to set up and that all internal processes are included within each project.
- Notification emails would benefit from being able to set up schedules for reminders when tasks are due for completion.
- A time tracking app for Linus would be a welcome addition.