Reviews (1-25 of 239)
- They have incredible customer service. There is a chat option right in your account, they are quick to reply, and always so kind and patient.
- The whole system is so user friendly. Campaigns/emails are easy to write and design, and segments and tags are easy to manage.
- I can also create incredibly good looking lead pages right in my account. They are quick to make because AC's templates are all really wonderful. Saves me a lot of time!
- I'm not sure.
- The automation capabilities are robust and capable.
- The CRM is plenty robust for a company our size.
- The integration between the CRM and the automation capability is quite good and very useful for us.
- The interface is not always intuitive and it can be confusing troubleshooting automations that don't always work as they should.
- Support is spotty. Our account rep is not as responsive as we would like.
- Information/insight/education on how to use AC better exists but it is hard to find.
- Simple, easy, and fast setup for lists. You can set up a new list in just seconds. And also, they allow you to have an unlimited number of lists and tags that keep things organized.
- Powerful automations and a clean interface to build them. ActiveCampaign is a powerful tool, allowing you to segment users and send them congruent messaging.
- Great deliverability. Email marketing is only as useful as the number of emails that get received. If your emails don't send or wind up in spam or junk or promotions folders, that will severely inhibit your email marketing efforts.
- Text message marketing. There are other tools that are specifically designed for text message marketing, but it would be great if ActiveCampaign took over this industry as well, with their same philosophy of simple and fast to build + super powerful.
- It gets a bit expensive when you have a large list, because they charge in tiers based on the number of contacts. So does everyone else though, so if you have a big list it will be expensive to host.
I use Active Campaign to run my mailing list and all my promotional & course emails.
ActiveCampaign allows me to trigger personalised, timely emails to my clients without my constant intervention which as a business owner gives me more time to concentrate on growing my business.
As a creative person I love the visual automation builder and the fact that you can trigger different actions/automations based on my customers behaviour.
I also love the fact that [ActiveCampaign] seamlessly integrates with the other software I use.
I only wish that I had moved to ActiveCampaign earlier.
- Affordable and you can easily scale up.
- Very helpful support.
- Automate your marketing!!
- Setting up the automations takes a little more than basic knowhow.
- It took me forever to find the custom forms for lists.
- They send a lot of emails. Lol. They're helpful for the most part....but it's a lot.
- Integration with Wordpress: I have a form integrated with my website to collect leads. Works great and has for years.
- Automated marketing: The visual automation creator is a game changer. It's helped me automate my marketing to new leads.
- I wish there were more detailed reporting options available at the "plus" level.
- It can be hard to find things you're looking for at times. I had a hard time finding the reports recently and had to jump on live chat to find them. Pretty intuitive most of the time but sometimes not so much.
If you're looking for an email marketing platform, I really can't think of anywhere where it's not appropriate. I've used Mailchimp, Vertical Response and others over the years and I'm sticking with ActiveCampaign.
- Easy to use. I love the drag and drop.
- Automations are easy to set up, especially with the templates provided.
- Forms are easy to set up and integrate.
- I would love to be able to search images by keyword.
- I'd like to be able to pull a complete engagement reports for all contacts.
- Deleting contacts is only allowed on a campaign level. I'd like this to be easier to do on a higher level.
We build up waiting lists and automations with it. It's been a huge step forward for us and our clients in organizing all of our leads, contacts, and customers and to make sure that everyone gets the content they need.
ActiveCampaign is intuitive, has a lot of great features, and is easy to handle and to learn. Their webinars and events are great and if they do events in your area you should go.
When you have a feature in your plan and they exclude it from the plan, you don't get a message and realize sometime later that it is not working anymore. This happened to some of my clients and to me, too. Recently there were a few changes that cut down the power of that tool. I guess it is normal that as business, you pay more attention to the higher paid plans.
Their new new bot is not so good; you can hardly find a good answer to your question. I ignore it and go directly to the help side.
- Integrate with 3rd party software like ClickFunnels, Zapier, Etc.
- Custom tailors the user experience through tagging, automations, and lists
- Makes it very easy to understand your users behavior
- It can get very complex building various automations and trying to test them. It would be nice to have a sandbox feature so you don't have to create infinite numbers of fake contacts to test an automation.
- The alert system could be much better. I would like a much more streamlined way to get push notifications on my phone and in the app.
- Integrates with gSuite seamlessly
- Web forms and associated triggers and automated campaigns are easy and powerful
- Very easy to customize the system to my needs
- I have a form on my website to screen prospects that is a bit on the longer side. When you get to the bottom to submit, if there is an error (e.g., the person forgot to fill out a required field) higher up on the page (above the top of the screen), the user has no idea. There should be functionality (or at least the ability for a developer to add custom functionality) so forms can jump back up to the error or at least note there is an error on the bottom so the user knows to scroll back up and fix the issue. Right now you're just left jamming the submit button and it is not clear there is an error that needs to be fixed higher up on the page.
- Integration - ActiveCampaign easily integrates into many other software solutions. It is a simple process to make it happen.
- Automation - ActiveCampaign has easy to use templates to help automate your business, or you can custom build them for yourself.
- Dashboard - Most of the information I need is available at a glance on the home screen.
- ActiveCampaign for my purposes is not a standalone software. It needs to linking to other solutions
- ActiveCampaign is not the cheapest email management software
- Extremely user-friendly. If I can use it...anyone can.
- The dashboard on their website makes it easy to view information at a glance.
- Never "breaks." Talk about reliable. Active Campaign exemplifies reliable.
- Provide helpful tips on how to grow my email list.
- Provide helpful tips on what types of "freebies" I should provide to website visitors.
- Keep emails short and concise.
As a company that develops & markets digital information products, email is our primary means of customer communication and the central component for all marketing activities. ActiveCampaign enables us to rapidly automate our lead generation and marketing funnels, and customer & prospect segmentation, easier and with greater capability than our previous solution.
- Easy, quick, hassle-free import of our lists from our previous email management company.
- Excellent integration to virtually all of our marketing channels and apps.
- Rapid development & rollout of marketing funnel automations.
- Training and support that we aspire to - and I used to consider ours to be the Gold Standard that others should aspire to!
- The interface is a little counter-intuitive with some features hard to find.
- Lists & segments are a little kludgey setup-wise.
- Reporting is also a little counter-intuitive.
- With ActiveCampaign, I am able to build automated engagement workflows for my clients that are targeted to where they are in my unique client experience. We all want targeted and timely information, and ActiveCampaign makes this easy for me to provide to my customers.
- With ActiveCampaign, I can integrate directly with MemberVault, within which I have built my client portal and all my offers. No double entering information or having to set up a third-party integration to zap my data from MemberVault to ActiveCampaign.
- With ActiveCampaign's scoring abilities, it was very easy to extend the gamification within my client portal to things my clients do outside of the client portal. Not only can I reward clients for completing modules and lessons, but I can also reward them for reading emails and checking out my social media sites.
- Every time I am creating a workflow, there comes a time when I will copy an action or set of actions and the system will give me the spinning wheel of death--until I refresh the screen. This is disruptive and happens so often that I see it as a part of using ActiveCampaign. That is not good, and if another system could do what ActiveCampaign does without this issue, I would leave ActiveCampaign. That is how frustrating this time suck is.
- I wish that there were a way to input a field as text into another field so that whenever one field is updated, another field's data changes accordingly. For instance, if a client books an appointment with me for Monday and I want ActiveCampaign to input that date plus two days in another field.
- I wish there was a way to make sales pages and forms pretty. These are so boxy and clunky and there is no modernization to draw the eye.
- Active Campaign is great for managing automatic emails
- Active Campaign is well built for tag management
- Active Campaign does not duplicate the number of users if they are subscribed to more than one list, avoiding the increase of costs as happens with other suppliers
- Providing the landing page function in a reduced form also in the lite plan would be an interesting plus
- Providing the Custom audience function on Facebook also in the lite plan would be an interesting plus
- Integrating a webinar feature could be an interesting plus
- The pipeline area is great for organizing leads and sales for a small team of salespeople, and it's great that it's integrated easily inside the CRM
- Creating automated email sequences that also trigger the contact being added to Facebook audiences helps consistent communication reach leads across various platforms.
- The email editor itself is a bit clunky, for example sometimes the font sizes don't match.
- It's challenging to edit deals in bulk in the sales pipeline.
- I love that I can easily segment my list so that I'm only sending certain emails to certain people (and not spamming the rest).
- I absolutely love the automation capabilities because I know that when anyone joins my list they will have a great similar experience and I don't have to worry about them not receiving an important email.
- Being able to duplicate past campaigns and create templates is a huge time saver for me and my VA.
- I'm not really sure how to fix this, but I swear I'm not even using it to its full capacity because I would need to take the time to search through the trainings and watch them.
- It might just be my computer but I often have really slow loading speeds when using it.
- I love how easy it is to create automated campaigns
- The dashboard has all the handy info in one place and navigation to more detail is clear.
- I've found support to be fairly easy to access.
- I wish YouTube videos could be embedded in the text of emails.
- I wish anchors to a particular part of a webpage could be included in links.
ActiveCampaign Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is ActiveCampaign?
The vendor states ActiveCampaign's category-defining customer experience automation platform (CXA) helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Pricing starts at just $9/month.
By removing the silos that typically exist between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and account management solutions, businesses can automate truly personalized experiences that feel authentic. The vendor states that over 75% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce.
Additionally, ActiveCampaign offers 500+ pre-built automation templates that make it easy for customers to instantly create and run connected campaigns across all channels, and free customer service, including live chat and phone support, a self-help knowledge base and complementary data migration. Combined with the ActiveCampaign Customer Success Commitment—a set of 14 promises pledging that customers will always be able to get what they need, when they need it—ActiveCampaign aims to deliver value on Day 1 to customers of all sizes.
Starting Price: $9
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Lite||$9.00||Per Month [3 Users]|
|Plus||$49||Per Month [25 Users]|
|Professional||$129||Per Month [50 Users]|
|Enterprise||$229||Per Month [Unlimited Users]|
ActiveCampaign Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ActiveCampaign Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|