ActiveCampaign Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

April 02, 2021
Cora Matheson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am the owner of my business, and I use ActiveCampaign for all my business marketing and email needs, including my funnels to promote my paid services and programs, weekly newsletters, promotions and sales. It addresses all my needs regarding larger scale marketing and sales funnels.
  • They have incredible customer service. There is a chat option right in your account, they are quick to reply, and always so kind and patient.
  • The whole system is so user friendly. Campaigns/emails are easy to write and design, and segments and tags are easy to manage.
  • I can also create incredibly good looking lead pages right in my account. They are quick to make because AC's templates are all really wonderful. Saves me a lot of time!
  • I'm not sure.
[ActiveCampaign] is well suited for any business owner wanting to promote their services, program or promotions in ways that are automated and hands free. It is well suited when a business owner has multiple groups or segments of clients, and wants to keep their marketing separate. It is also really suitable for anyone new to this kind of marketing, as [ActiveCampaign] is user friendly and has spectacular and helpful customer service.
Read Cora Matheson's full review
March 16, 2021
Aaron Steinberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ActiveCampaign for email marketing, marketing automation, and as our CRM. It addresses our need to build our lists, promote our subscriptions and products and track / manage sales.
  • The automation capabilities are robust and capable.
  • The CRM is plenty robust for a company our size.
  • The integration between the CRM and the automation capability is quite good and very useful for us.
  • The interface is not always intuitive and it can be confusing troubleshooting automations that don't always work as they should.
  • Support is spotty. Our account rep is not as responsive as we would like.
  • Information/insight/education on how to use AC better exists but it is hard to find.
I cannot speak for larger companies, but for a smaller company like ours, the automation / CRM native to [ActiveCampaign] work well for us. If you're not already on another CRM and plan to build out your marketing, automation and lead/sale management in one tool, it's worth it.
Read Aaron Steinberg's full review
March 05, 2021
Ben Marcoux Roofing Lead Generation Expert | TrustRadius Reviewer
ActiveCampaign is my favorite email marketing platform. It's simple and fast to set up and is super powerful. It also has great deliverability. So whether you are trying to send out a weekly newsletter to your email list, email much more frequently, or are looking for an email automation tool that allows you to segment and automate very specific actions, ActiveCampaign is a great solution.
  • Simple, easy, and fast setup for lists. You can set up a new list in just seconds. And also, they allow you to have an unlimited number of lists and tags that keep things organized.
  • Powerful automations and a clean interface to build them. ActiveCampaign is a powerful tool, allowing you to segment users and send them congruent messaging.
  • Great deliverability. Email marketing is only as useful as the number of emails that get received. If your emails don't send or wind up in spam or junk or promotions folders, that will severely inhibit your email marketing efforts.
  • Text message marketing. There are other tools that are specifically designed for text message marketing, but it would be great if ActiveCampaign took over this industry as well, with their same philosophy of simple and fast to build + super powerful.
  • It gets a bit expensive when you have a large list, because they charge in tiers based on the number of contacts. So does everyone else though, so if you have a big list it will be expensive to host.
ActiveCampaign is great for any company looking to leverage email marketing effectively to share content that builds goodwill and makes sales. They make it simple, fast, and easy to set up lists and automations so that you can easily keep in touch with your customers. Whether you send out a weekly newsletter or are much more aggressive with your email marketing, ActiveCampaign can handle just about anything you throw at it.
I have only had to reach out to ActiveCampaign support a couple of times, and every time they have helped me out quickly and efficiently. They get back to you pretty quickly and usually have the solution figured out within just a couple of message exchanges. Please keep in mind I use the simple features of ActiveCampaign, so if there's a complication solution you're looking for help with, your experience with support might be a little different.
Read Ben Marcoux Roofing Lead Generation Expert's full review
February 05, 2021
Renan Kabariti | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've been so far very impressed with ActiveCampaign. Been a Mailchimp user before, I miss a little bit the friendliness, cuteness and more humanized and intuitive experience. On the other hand, my company gained a robust professional tool with super powerful unlimited automation capabilities and an excelent and responsive support team. If you're ready to take the next step in professionalizing your companies email marketing and marketing automation, just get on this train!
  • Mail Marketing
  • Marketing Automation
  • CRM
  • Not 100% friendly
  • Contact search limitations
  • Lack of visual reports
I love how robust and reliable this platform is. The automation capabilities are endless. It's not as friendly and easy as I was used in Mailchimp. It lacks a little bit on UX. I was able to mass email my customer and leads, welcome new customers and do all sorts of tagging and segmenting in my email base
Great support. They did a series of onboarding calls, sent me extensive help content, videos, tutorials, examples, best practices. When I had some issues, the email support answered very quickly. I am deeply satisfied with their support
Read Renan Kabariti's full review
January 27, 2021
Greg Howard | TrustRadius Reviewer

I use Active Campaign to run my mailing list and all my promotional & course emails.

ActiveCampaign allows me to trigger personalised, timely emails to my clients without my constant intervention which as a business owner gives me more time to concentrate on growing my business.

As a creative person I love the visual automation builder and the fact that you can trigger different actions/automations based on my customers behaviour.

I also love the fact that [ActiveCampaign] seamlessly integrates with the other software I use.

• Visual Automations Builder - This helps you see clearly how your automations will work
  • Deep WooCommerce Integration: Means I can trigger/schedule emails to customers who have purchased certain products
  • Can be slow to load
  • Can be pricey depending on what you need to do
If you are a small to medium sized business looking for a way to manage all your leads or existing customer communications and are looking for a program that integrates with your existing software and does all this well then look no further.

I only wish that I had moved to ActiveCampaign earlier.
Excellent!!!
Read Greg Howard's full review
January 13, 2021
Chesare Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use ActiveCampaign to automate my marketing. I've set up funnels for all of my products, and as people join my various lists, they go through the automation process. I literally only had to set up and now I just check on it from time to time, make some tweaks here and there and let it go. It's the closest thing you can come to truly automating your market. I also use it with Zapier. That is another feature that I enjoy. I am able to integrate other things that I use into ActiveCampaign. I have the lowest membership available, and I already feel like I have more than what I need. I enjoy the option to upgrade my account as I get more subscribers. I believe the pricing is fair and I have no complaints about it. It's an investment, but if you aren't able to invest in your business, then don't expect to get very far. The customer service is friendly and helpful. I had to ask for help with one of my automations and the chat rep answered my question in less than 2 minutes. Great company. Great product.
  • Affordable and you can easily scale up.
  • Very helpful support.
  • Automate your marketing!!
  • Setting up the automations takes a little more than basic knowhow.
  • It took me forever to find the custom forms for lists.
  • They send a lot of emails. Lol. They're helpful for the most part....but it's a lot.
If you are wanting to use a lead magnet to capture emails for specific lists, and then send those lists into an automated funnel, then ActiveCampaign is the email platform that you want to use. While I'm sure the other features are great, all I needed was something that could do this for me and ActiveCampaign more than met my needs.
This might be the best part. The chat support lady offered to make a video to help me solve my problem. I worked in customer service for years and I've never done that, lol. So, if they're offering things like that, I can only imagine that they'd be able to handle most any issue you throw at them.
Read Chesare Johnson's full review
December 18, 2020
Jim Harshaw Jr | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am the owner of a sole proprietorship. I use ActiveCampaign for email marketing and marketing automation. I use it for lead collection both on my website as well as integrated with a sales funnel software called ClickFunnels.
  • Integration with Wordpress: I have a form integrated with my website to collect leads. Works great and has for years.
  • Integration with ClickFunnels: I have Active Campaign integrated with ClickFunnels. I use it for website pop-ups as well as other lead gen purposes.
  • Automated marketing: The visual automation creator is a game changer. It's helped me automate my marketing to new leads.
  • I wish there were more detailed reporting options available at the "plus" level.
  • It can be hard to find things you're looking for at times. I had a hard time finding the reports recently and had to jump on live chat to find them. Pretty intuitive most of the time but sometimes not so much.
Very suitable for online lead generation and marketing automation. I don't use the CRM feature but that's also available.
If you're looking for an email marketing platform, I really can't think of anywhere where it's not appropriate. I've used Mailchimp, Vertical Response and others over the years and I'm sticking with ActiveCampaign.
Responsive. Great people as support agents. They often send little videos to demonstrate how to do things.
Read Jim Harshaw Jr's full review
April 01, 2021
Aaron Parker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ActiveCampaign for our entire email capture, newsletter promotion and overall marketing processes. We have a number pf forms on our website to capture emails for various offers and we follow those up with appropriate autoresponder campaigns. We also send a monthly newsletter and the occasional one-off announcement email through the system.
  • Email Capture
  • Segmentation
  • Autoresponder sequences
  • Automations - sometimes they don't work as expected
  • Help files - it's sometimes hard to find an exact answer (but chat is awesome)
ActiveCampaign has everything you need. I doubt that we are using even 30% of its capabilities and it does everything we need an autoresponder to do. Because of its huge number of capabilities however, the learning curve is a bit longer, but that's still OK.
Read Aaron Parker's full review
April 01, 2021
Josh Walsh | TrustRadius Reviewer
ActiveCampaign provides us a solid marketing automation foundation, from keeping a database of our leads, to email marketing, and managing our lead-gen drip campaigns. In the past, we've struggled with needing to use multiple products, and keeping the data in sync and up to date was a challenge. We've centralized that information in ActiveCampaign, which has been quite valuable.
  • Email marketing
  • Designing marketing campaigns
  • Competitive pricing
  • CRM isn't robust enough for complex B2B sales.
  • Better management of leads at scale.
ActiveCampaign seems like a great fit for small to mid sized businesses that are implementing best practice marketing automation. While it has some 3rd party integrations, it hasn't been as good of a fit for our enterprise customers, as they require much more customization or integration than has been practical to accomplish within ActiveCampaign.
Read Josh Walsh's full review
March 27, 2021
Peggy Mullaney | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small organization so as the only marketing person, I use Active Campaign for at least several hours every day. I use it for marketing purposes as well as fulfillment of complimentary e-news across our 6 newsletter brands. And soon, I will be using it to fulfill our paid newsletters and we will be incorporating a part of our business that is currently using a different email tool.
  • Easy to use. I love the drag and drop.
  • Automations are easy to set up, especially with the templates provided.
  • Forms are easy to set up and integrate.
  • I would love to be able to search images by keyword.
  • I'd like to be able to pull a complete engagement reports for all contacts.
  • Deleting contacts is only allowed on a campaign level. I'd like this to be easier to do on a higher level.
Active Campaign is perfect for someone like me. I always had someone to do this work for me but as the business changed and we became lean and mean, I had to learn everything myself and be able to use the tool quickly and efficiently. There's a lot of intuitive aspects of AC and that helps a lot. That said, someone with higher skills in this area can really leverage everything they have to offer. I am able to write, build, and blast very quickly and that's important to me.
Read Peggy Mullaney's full review
March 24, 2021
Tanja Baumann | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use ActiveCampaign for myself and for clients, so I got to know most systems, and ActiveCampaign is by far the best. We use it for product launches, newsletters and other client campaigns.

We build up waiting lists and automations with it. It's been a huge step forward for us and our clients in organizing all of our leads, contacts, and customers and to make sure that everyone gets the content they need.

ActiveCampaign is intuitive, has a lot of great features, and is easy to handle and to learn. Their webinars and events are great and if they do events in your area you should go.
  • Marketing automation
  • Custom tagging
  • List building
  • Updates sometimes make things worse and not better
  • Forms are hard to find
  • No overview of all emails
  • Better delivery, so emails don't end up in spam
Automations are just perfect; you can do anything there. Great for email autoresponder setup and for organizing automations and visually seeing how the contact is going through an automation. It is still the best tool on the market, in my opinion.

When you have a feature in your plan and they exclude it from the plan, you don't get a message and realize sometime later that it is not working anymore. This happened to some of my clients and to me, too. Recently there were a few changes that cut down the power of that tool. I guess it is normal that as business, you pay more attention to the higher paid plans.
Answers are good and fast. It's usually really helpful if you write them directly. I hope they start to have the webinars again--they were great. And they also had really good workshops.

Their new new bot is not so good; you can hardly find a good answer to your question. I ignore it and go directly to the help side.
Read Tanja Baumann's full review
March 18, 2021
Johnathan Peters | TrustRadius Reviewer
ActiveCampaign is currently being used by all employees at our company. We use it as our central information hub for sales and marketing. The sales team uses the Pipeline feature as well as the Conversations feature on a daily basis. While management looks at the reports frequently. ActiveCampaign really solves the problem of integrating and consolidating a lot of functionality into one place.
  • Integrate with 3rd party software like ClickFunnels, Zapier, Etc.
  • Custom tailors the user experience through tagging, automations, and lists
  • Makes it very easy to understand your users behavior
  • It can get very complex building various automations and trying to test them. It would be nice to have a sandbox feature so you don't have to create infinite numbers of fake contacts to test an automation.
  • The alert system could be much better. I would like a much more streamlined way to get push notifications on my phone and in the app.
I recommend ActiveCampaign to all of my colleagues and clients. It's by far the best CRM solution on the market for the money. To get this level of functionality you would typically have to spend 10x what ActiveCampaign is charging. Their customer support is excellent and they've been able to walk me through any issues I've come across.
Read Johnathan Peters's full review
March 18, 2021
Forrest Dombrow | TrustRadius Reviewer
I just published a new book and launched a new website for our sales consulting business and needed a Swiss Army knife to help us attract, manage, and close new business. After conducting research and consulting with my own team, we selected ActiveCampaign. I am a former Hubspot user (which I like) but that's way too expensive (in my opinion). ActiveCampaign does everything we need (and way more) and it's easy to use and effective. Customer support through live chat is outstanding to help me with the few issues I run into (just because I don't know the system that well). The price is great. It's just a great solution all the way around.
  • Integrates with gSuite seamlessly
  • Web forms and associated triggers and automated campaigns are easy and powerful
  • Very easy to customize the system to my needs
  • I have a form on my website to screen prospects that is a bit on the longer side. When you get to the bottom to submit, if there is an error (e.g., the person forgot to fill out a required field) higher up on the page (above the top of the screen), the user has no idea. There should be functionality (or at least the ability for a developer to add custom functionality) so forms can jump back up to the error or at least note there is an error on the bottom so the user knows to scroll back up and fix the issue. Right now you're just left jamming the submit button and it is not clear there is an error that needs to be fixed higher up on the page.
As a small business, I feel ActiveCampaign is very well suited to helping smaller companies get powerful tools for a price anyone could afford. It feels like it could scale up for larger companies, too. I'm don't see a scenario where it would not work well. Go for it! It's great!
Read Forrest Dombrow's full review
March 16, 2021
CiCi Reagan Twining 👑 | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use ActiveCampaign for all my email marketing. I also have used it to create sign-up forms for lead magnets as well as sales funnels. It allows me to stay connected and ensures that no matter what happens on my social media platforms, I own my list and therefore can still connect with my people.
  • Sign-up forms
  • Lists to organize your audience
  • Funnels
  • The automations can be hard and time consuming to set up
As a solopreneur, I really appreciate the ability to create and schedule campaigns to go out, as well as crafting automations so my audience is being nurtured even when I'm busy with other things. It's also helpful that my VA is good with Active Campaign and can assist me in managing it. I think whether you're just starting out and building your list or have thousands of people, it's a great option because it's so versatile.
Read CiCi Reagan Twining 👑's full review
March 15, 2021
Suzii Fido | TrustRadius Reviewer
ActiveCampaign is being used to automate my email process when someone signs up for a free download as well as monthly newsletters to my list
  • Segment your list
  • Define email providers experience based on what they click on
  • Showing a clear map of the email journey
  • It does everything I need it to do
ActiveCampaign is a great resource for staying connected with your email contacts and providing a full automated response to signups. The pricing rises steeply when you have a large list, but I feel it is a great asset for small businesses with a smaller list. the functionality is great value for money.
Read Suzii Fido's full review
March 15, 2021
Hugh Norley | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have a small business - I am the owner and operator of the business. I use [ActiveCampaign] to manage clients, automate sales and generally make life easier!
  • Integration - ActiveCampaign easily integrates into many other software solutions. It is a simple process to make it happen.
  • Automation - ActiveCampaign has easy to use templates to help automate your business, or you can custom build them for yourself.
  • Dashboard - Most of the information I need is available at a glance on the home screen.
  • ActiveCampaign for my purposes is not a standalone software. It needs to linking to other solutions
  • ActiveCampaign is not the cheapest email management software
As owner and operator of my business, ActiveCampaign is well-suited, and I imagine it could be scaled too much larger businesses. There are many features that I am sure I could use a lot better, and that would require an investment of time to figure it out.
Read Hugh Norley's full review
March 14, 2021
Michelle Hill | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Active Campaign as my website auto-responder. I'm a solopreneur and Active Campaign utilizes active engagement to keep my database current and it makes it easy for website visitors to gain access to my free offers.
  • Extremely user-friendly. If I can use it...anyone can.
  • The dashboard on their website makes it easy to view information at a glance.
  • Never "breaks." Talk about reliable. Active Campaign exemplifies reliable.
  • Provide helpful tips on how to grow my email list.
  • Provide helpful tips on what types of "freebies" I should provide to website visitors.
  • Keep emails short and concise.
Since I only utilize ActiveCampaign as an auto-responder I can't speak to the other functions but I've been thrilled with how efficiently AC handles new inquiries when people click on my offers. I will put it on my "to-do" list to use some of the other AC functions that also seem very user-friendly.
Read Michelle Hill's full review
March 12, 2021
Michael Ullman | TrustRadius Reviewer
ActiveCampaign is the central hub for all of our marketing and customer management functions.

As a company that develops & markets digital information products, email is our primary means of customer communication and the central component for all marketing activities. ActiveCampaign enables us to rapidly automate our lead generation and marketing funnels, and customer & prospect segmentation, easier and with greater capability than our previous solution.
  • Easy, quick, hassle-free import of our lists from our previous email management company.
  • Excellent integration to virtually all of our marketing channels and apps.
  • Rapid development & rollout of marketing funnel automations.
  • Training and support that we aspire to - and I used to consider ours to be the Gold Standard that others should aspire to!
  • The interface is a little counter-intuitive with some features hard to find.
  • Lists & segments are a little kludgey setup-wise.
  • Reporting is also a little counter-intuitive.
Since our client base is 100% online businesses and entrepreneurs, we're in a position to offer recommendations often; I currently recommend ActiveCampaign most of the time.
Read Michael Ullman's full review
February 25, 2021
Ebony Ashley | TrustRadius Reviewer
ActiveCampaign is being used across my entire organization. ActiveCampaign connects seamlessly to my client portal through a direct MemberVault integration. I use it for CRM, email marketing, form building, sales pages, gamification, and more! What I value the most about ActiveCampaign is its scalability. If I can think it up, I can build it in ActiveCampaign, and that is huge to me as a business owner.
  • With ActiveCampaign, I am able to build automated engagement workflows for my clients that are targeted to where they are in my unique client experience. We all want targeted and timely information, and ActiveCampaign makes this easy for me to provide to my customers.
  • With ActiveCampaign, I can integrate directly with MemberVault, within which I have built my client portal and all my offers. No double entering information or having to set up a third-party integration to zap my data from MemberVault to ActiveCampaign.
  • With ActiveCampaign's scoring abilities, it was very easy to extend the gamification within my client portal to things my clients do outside of the client portal. Not only can I reward clients for completing modules and lessons, but I can also reward them for reading emails and checking out my social media sites.
  • Every time I am creating a workflow, there comes a time when I will copy an action or set of actions and the system will give me the spinning wheel of death--until I refresh the screen. This is disruptive and happens so often that I see it as a part of using ActiveCampaign. That is not good, and if another system could do what ActiveCampaign does without this issue, I would leave ActiveCampaign. That is how frustrating this time suck is.
  • I wish that there were a way to input a field as text into another field so that whenever one field is updated, another field's data changes accordingly. For instance, if a client books an appointment with me for Monday and I want ActiveCampaign to input that date plus two days in another field.
  • I wish there was a way to make sales pages and forms pretty. These are so boxy and clunky and there is no modernization to draw the eye.
Someone or some businesses wanting their email marketing system to do the most if asked to, wants ActiveCampaign and will see value in the time it takes to set it up. Others who want their email marketing system to be simple, offer well-designed emails and sales funnel pages, and low in tech intensity will hate ActiveCampaign.
I have never needed to reach out to support for ActiveCampaign, so I cannot rate their direct support. What I can speak to is their indirect support. I haven't had to call because their online support resources have answered my questions every time. I like that, after years of working with them, the system has been reliable for me.
Read Ebony Ashley's full review
February 17, 2021
sarah rosten | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started using ActiveCampaign from a recommendation, as we were building another platform. We had been using another CRM and found the tags and automations so effective for us to manage our mailing list and to have regular contact with engaged users.
  • Tags
  • Automations
  • Campaign options
  • The speed of loading and moving between automations is slow
It works to send monthly/weekly information to our mailing list and to manage people and the content they get.
I attended a few workshops when I first started using it. I have also been able to reach out to consultants who use it in the Facebook community for questions.
Read sarah rosten's full review
February 12, 2021
Simone Mabellini | TrustRadius Reviewer
I personally use Active Campaign practically every day for the construction of automatic responders, e-mail sequences and for sending the company newsletter. Active Campaign is built to be very intuitive and easy to use. Over time I have also used other systems and I must say that Active Campaign is the one that has satisfied me the most of all, also in terms of the relationship between price and product quality.
  • Active Campaign is great for managing automatic emails
  • Active Campaign is well built for tag management
  • Active Campaign does not duplicate the number of users if they are subscribed to more than one list, avoiding the increase of costs as happens with other suppliers
  • Providing the landing page function in a reduced form also in the lite plan would be an interesting plus
  • Providing the Custom audience function on Facebook also in the lite plan would be an interesting plus
  • Integrating a webinar feature could be an interesting plus
Active Campaign is so simple that it is also suitable for inexperienced users and for those approaching the world of mail marketing for the first time. Ease of use is one of the reasons why I recommend it gladly.
All the processes in Active Campaign are so intuitive that I didn't need to ask for assistance at the moment, so I give a very good grade, "what is well done reduces the need to ask for assistance" seems to be the motto of Active Campaign.
Read Simone Mabellini's full review
January 04, 2021
James Crook ☛ Business Coach for Massage Therapists ☚ | TrustRadius Reviewer
I help run a small coaching business and ActiveCampaign is used as our CRM for marketing and sales. It keeps information centralized for our leads, and we send out regular email communications and connect with Facebook audiences for automated marketing.
  • Connects with a variety of other marketing platforms like ClickFunnels, Elementor (WordPress editor), and Facebook Ads
  • The pipeline area is great for organizing leads and sales for a small team of salespeople, and it's great that it's integrated easily inside the CRM
  • Creating automated email sequences that also trigger the contact being added to Facebook audiences helps consistent communication reach leads across various platforms.
  • The email editor itself is a bit clunky, for example sometimes the font sizes don't match.
  • It's challenging to edit deals in bulk in the sales pipeline.
If you run a small business and want to do online marketing and create an email list
Online chat support is quick and easy, and email support is often very helpful.
Read James Crook ☛ Business Coach for Massage Therapists ☚'s full review
January 04, 2021
Erika Tebbens | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a small business owner and use AC for my email marketing and funnels. My VA also helps me set up automation funnels and forms and AC makes it so simple. I've been using ActiveCampaign for a couple of years now and I've never had any issues. I always recommend it to my clients as well.
  • I love that I can easily segment my list so that I'm only sending certain emails to certain people (and not spamming the rest).
  • I absolutely love the automation capabilities because I know that when anyone joins my list they will have a great similar experience and I don't have to worry about them not receiving an important email.
  • Being able to duplicate past campaigns and create templates is a huge time saver for me and my VA.
  • I'm not really sure how to fix this, but I swear I'm not even using it to its full capacity because I would need to take the time to search through the trainings and watch them.
  • It might just be my computer but I often have really slow loading speeds when using it.
If you're a busy small business owner who wants to build and grow your list and easily connect with them, then AC is great! If you are solely relying on social media and aren't moving people over to an email list, then it's probably not the best fit. However, I don't suggest that as a strategy! Better to move people to a list just in case.
I believe I only had to use support once and it was helpful and relatively quick.
Read Erika Tebbens's full review
December 18, 2020
Paul Boehnke | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use ActiveCampaign as my email platform to stay in touch with customers. I'm a solopreneur and this helps me communicate with my audience efficiently.
  • I love how easy it is to create automated campaigns
  • The dashboard has all the handy info in one place and navigation to more detail is clear.
  • I've found support to be fairly easy to access.
  • I wish YouTube videos could be embedded in the text of emails.
  • I wish anchors to a particular part of a webpage could be included in links.
I don't really have an answer for this.
Generally easy to access, relatively quick response, accuracy of response is good.
Read Paul Boehnke's full review
March 25, 2021
Sue Kennedy | TrustRadius Reviewer
Active Campaign is used across the whole organization and it keeps clients up to date with everything. We send out reminders to our clients as well as a monthly newsletter informing them of what's going on. We like to promote all our services and showcase our authors and their books to all our clients.
  • Ease of use
  • Very easy to send out a campaign.
  • Easy to organize lists.
  • Great for creating forms.
  • Removal of unsubscribes automatically.
Active Campaign is a great tool that does what the most expensive autoresponders do!
Read Sue Kennedy's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (224)
Dynamic content (200)
Ability to test dynamic content (181)
Landing pages (88)
6.6
A/B testing (144)
Mobile optimization (198)
Email deliverability reporting (250)
List management (248)
Triggered drip sequences (225)
Lead nurturing (162)
Lead scoring and grading (116)
Data quality management (129)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (118)
Calendaring (97)
Event/webinar marketing (86)
Social sharing and campaigns (79)
Social profile integration (75)
Dashboards (228)
Standard reports (224)
Custom reports (141)
API (130)
Role-based workflow & approvals (81)
Customizability (137)
Integration with Salesforce.com (25)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (14)
Integration with SugarCRM (13)

What is ActiveCampaign?

The vendor states ActiveCampaign's category-defining customer experience automation platform (CXA) helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Pricing starts at just $9/month.

By removing the silos that typically exist between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and account management solutions, businesses can automate truly personalized experiences that feel authentic. The vendor states that over 75% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce.

Additionally, ActiveCampaign offers 500+ pre-built automation templates that make it easy for customers to instantly create and run connected campaigns across all channels, and free customer service, including live chat and phone support, a self-help knowledge base and complementary data migration. Combined with the ActiveCampaign Customer Success Commitment—a set of 14 promises pledging that customers will always be able to get what they need, when they need it—ActiveCampaign aims to deliver value on Day 1 to customers of all sizes.

ActiveCampaign Screenshots

ActiveCampaign Video

ActiveCampaign: Customer Experience Automation Demo

ActiveCampaign Integrations

LiveChat, Survicate, BigCommerce, Calendly, Dropbox, Facebook Pages Manager, MINDBODY, Pipedrive, Shopify, Slack, SurveyMonkey, Typeform, unbounce, Zendesk Support Suite, Twilio Programmable SMS, part of Twilio CPaaS, Magento Commerce, part of Adobe Commerce Cloud

ActiveCampaign Competitors