Score 8.5 out of 10
Starting at $9 per month
View Pricing

What is ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign integrates email marketing, marketing automation, sales automation, and CRM software into one platform designed for small businesses.

Well worth it

January 18, 2023
I found it a good all-round tool and is easy to integrate with other systems. We use this to capture information from several lead …

Amazing!

December 10, 2022
I've thoroughly enjoyed using ActiveCampaign. Our company switched from Mailchimp a couple of years back, and we have not looked back. We …

• Email deliverability reporting (661)
  • List management (637)
  • Standard reports (571)
  • Dashboards (584)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ActiveCampaign, and make your voice heard!

Lite

Per Month [3 Users]

Plus

$49

Per Month [25 Users]

Professional

$129

Per Month [50 Users]

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.activecampaign.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $9 per month

Product Demos

Customer Experience Automation Demo
01:44

Features

Email & Online Marketing

Using software to manage lists, send emails, automate email campaigns and track results.

8.6Avg 7.6

Lead Management

The process of tracking and managing prospective customers from lead generation to conversion.

8.8Avg 7.6

Campaign Management

Users can schedule campaigns and/or events with reminders, announcements, etc.

8.6Avg 7.5

Social Media Marketing

Using social media networks to help amplify marketing endeavors.

8.8Avg 7.4

Reporting & Analytics

Users can report on and analyze usage, performance, ROI, and/or other metrics of success.

8.6Avg 7.4

Platform & Infrastructure

Features related to platform-wide settings and structure, such as permissions, languages, integrations, customizations, etc.

8.8Avg 7.4

What is ActiveCampaign?

The vendor states ActiveCampaign's category-defining customer experience automation platform (CXA) helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Pricing starts at just $9/month.

By removing the silos that typically exist between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and account management solutions, businesses can automate truly personalized experiences that feel authentic. The vendor states that over 75% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce.

Additionally, ActiveCampaign offers 500+ pre-built automation templates that make it easy for customers to instantly create and run connected campaigns across all channels, and free customer service, including live chat and phone support, a self-help knowledge base and complementary data migration. Combined with the ActiveCampaign Customer Success Commitment—a set of 14 promises pledging that customers will always be able to get what they need, when they need it—ActiveCampaign aims to deliver value on Day 1 to customers of all sizes.

ActiveCampaign Screenshots

Screenshot of Combine tagging with conditional content to put the right message in front of each customer.Screenshot of Powerful, easy-to-use marketing automationScreenshot of Finely segment your audience based on engagement, purchase activity, lead score, or any other dimension you can think of.Screenshot of Use live chat, site messaging, email, and a unified inbox to build relationships with customers.Screenshot of A simple, intuitive CRM helps your sales reps to get more done in less time

ActiveCampaign Video

ActiveCampaign: Customer Experience Automation Demo

ActiveCampaign Integrations

ActiveCampaign Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

ActiveCampaign starts at $9.

Mailchimp, HubSpot Marketing Hub, and Klaviyo are common alternatives for ActiveCampaign.

Reviewers rate Email deliverability reporting highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of ActiveCampaign are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

I actually have several times when this has happened. But I'll cite the most recent one. I wanted to build a form that would allow people mailing list choices to manage their email preferences. It needed to be done in the footer, but I couldn't get the options to connect to the lists. Most of what I did to build it out was wrong. The rep I contacted set up several personal Zoom calls to work through the issue, and I now have exactly what I wanted. The form has drastically cut down my "unsubscribe" rate.
Matt Dickerson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I was building an automation around an online LIVE event and needed help. The enablement team went through every single step of the automation I built and helped me understand better ways to make sure every contact went down the correct funnel/pipeline. Saved my butt more than once :-).
I was working out automation and wanted to use radio buttons in a form to trigger a conditional email sequence. They were quick with a solution to help me out - worked great and it would have taken me forever to come to that solution on my own.
Active Campaign provides businesses with some fantastic automations but sometimes it can take a little time to get your automation working correctly. This was the case a few months back when I was trying to tag customers with different tags when they placed orders depending on what they had purchased.

After scratching my head for a few days because things were not working as expected (it was a complicated automation in my defence lol!) I reached out to support and they got things working perfectly in no time.
During implementation and transferring our data from the old systems we needed assistance during some steps. The help was always instantly and perfectly friendly. Makes you feel absolutely appreciated as a customer and you know they really want to help you with any problem that might occur, be it big or small.
William Ainslie | TrustRadius Reviewer
I wanted to change my account name, when my business partner left the company, and they carefully explained to me how the process will work and that I have to be sure I want to change it. I had clarity about the change and made a good decision when they changed it for me.
Page Vandiver | TrustRadius Reviewer
Yes: We had a chat session with a team member where we were actively trying to resolve looping automation. The team member on chat stayed about an hour past service hours trying to help us and make sure that our needs were taken care of. They added test users, looked at tags with us, and helped cross-check automation.

Our client also had a rep that made extra time to communicate and curtail the onboarding process so that our client's needs were met. Truly went above and beyond - even scheduling meetings while on personal holiday to make sure this client was looked after and supported. If you do get a rep, ASK what expectations are for the account and for your relationship, how they schedule meetings, etc, what options for support are available to you. We have had experience with another rep - there was a conversation where we were held accountable for information that was not shared with us, and it's taking a couple of conversations to get on the same page about the process (we were on different continents, use different tools, etc.) But overall a very very good experience with support.
Tim Bost | TrustRadius Reviewer
I view the excellent educational program that the company provided in their Study Hall presentation as an extension of the support service. In my view support is not just solving problems when they occur - it's developing knowledge and strategies that can help prevent problems in the first place. That was certainly exemplified by Education Director Chris Davis during the Study Hall I attended about four months ago. He is a superb teacher and did a full day of presentation that provided exceptional clarity and direction. Then, after the sessions were officially over he stayed (even though obviously exhausted) to provide me with some extra one-on-one help in resolving some issues that I was struggling with. This willingness to go the extra mile in face-to-face contact is extraordinary. In the best of all possible worlds, marketing, education, and support are essentially one and the same thing, and that's what I've found in working with ActiveCampaign!