Reviews (1-25 of 42)
- The alarms feature is wonderful. In the past, we have had employees save company files to an external device and we had no idea. Having the ability to trigger an alarm and capture screenshots when this occurs is extremely helpful.
- The analytics provide a good bit of insight. For example, we have an employee who wasn't getting any work done, because he was constantly evaluating software that would make his job easier. We were easily able to see what he was spending his time on by using reports as well as looking at the dashboard where you are able to view a breakdown of categories.
- Screen capturing is extremely beneficial. Instead of trying to piece a puzzle together, you can simply view the screenshot.
- It would be nice to have the ability to print the Live Productivity Report page.
- If programs and websites could be classified based on an individual, it would be helpful. For example, we have an employee who works on her personal finances all day in addition to completing her online college classes. For these, she uses Excel and Word. While those two applications are classified as productive, in her instance, they are unproductive, so reports aren't accurate.
- Tracking when users are productive vs. unproductive.
- Organizing data so it's easy to follow.
- It's in the cloud so it's one less server to manage and storage I don't have to pay for internally.
- I would like the auto categorization to work better.
- Key logging would be nice but I know that would fall afoul to antivirus.
- ActivTrak is expensive.
- Screenshots are great to verify the work that is worked on.
- Alarms make monitoring easier.
- The productivity dashboard, once configured, is a great at-a-glance view of what is going on in the company.
- When going through the data, it can be overwhelming.
- I don't really have any other issues I have run into.
- Blocking websites
- Alarming for things like USB Drive connections, File downloads, accessing social media and more. You can setup the alarm to close the page, take a screenshot and email you if you deem them alarm critical enough.
- Productivity tracking
- I don’t have any complaints currently. The software has received critical updates over the years and it is a solid platform.
- User management.
- User productivity.
- Potential security issues.
- Department breakdown.
- Screen Shots.
- Integration with Tableau.
- Auto classification.
- Great Support.
- Issues with Macs/Apple.
- Minor bugs and fixes.
- More reports.
- More tools.
- Internet usage including if the employee is searching how to accomplish something. This gives the supervisor insight into which employees might needs some more coaching or training.
- Use of cloud storage by employees.
- What programs and websites are being utilized the most across the company.
- Times and durations of when employees work. It helps management see how much time our employees put in to get their jobs done.
- The USB tracking seems to be lacking. We set up an alarm for USB usage and received a lot of false positives.
- ActivTrak is still perceived as a negative with our employees. It is hard to make a positive spin on this.
- Realtime screenshots that make it easy to see what employees are working on.
- Weekly reports that consolidate information into one email.
- Ease of knowing our employees are not on unauthorized websites.
- I can't think of anything, this product is great!
- Monitors Employees Productivity.
- Compares employees and departments for productivity.
- Can see screenshots - used to assist when employees are struggling with assignments
- Have found times where the data is inaccurate, random, and then corrects itself, but later.
- Productivity Ratio includes unproductive numbers and shouldn't, should display separately - it used to.
- Would like videos on just certain parts of ActivTrak, i.e. all reports. Most videos seem to be an overall demo, once you become an experienced user, need more training.
- Great resources for tracking productivity by category
- Provide great reports
- Constant updates for improved features
- I like the idea of data connect, it should be included in basic pricing
- They've improved the passive time but I believe it could be improved better
The organization was looking for a more modern approach to Employee Productivity Monitoring and ActivTrak was the best fit for us.
- Being able to focus on a particular employee
- Searching a particular time frame is very intutive
- Creating custom rules based on certain criteria which trigger an increase in data collection
- We do not appear to receive alerts when pushing up on our licensing limit
- Sometimes it can be slow to load all data due to our have user count
It has helped a lot during the pandemic time especially since more users are working from home now than what we were used to. Also the support help center is always ready to help whenever any issue arises , so overall we're happy with the service we are getting.
- Keep track of a user's app and website usage.
- Visually represent overall productivity of all users that are being tracked.
- Easy ways to manage what would be considered as productive or unproductive activities.
- Agent sometimes stops reporting for no apparent reason, causing discrepancies of data.
- There is no information about software limitations or restrictions, we found out that the agent doesn't work on older versions of MAC OS.
- Uninstalling agent from a machine sometimes does not cause it to stop showing as a user on the list, it just stops it from reporting data
It has also allowed us to view and prevent employee burnout since we can see how much a person is working, that way we can prevent low morale in the company which in turn increases productivity even more
- User activity monitoring.
- Screenshot redactions.
- When on boarding, plan to spend additional time to categorize your users' applications.
- The data is available via flat file as soon as the next day. If you want to process your data in real time be prepared to invest addition time and costs.
The data also highlights how long specific applications are used and the difference between average and top performance was borne out from this data. It corroborated that we have great employees and the things we ask them to do are the things that our office needs them to do.
They are experts in their software and with the Employee Activity Tracking space; they know how to make it do what you want it to do and they'll help you do it. We've used their support sparingly. We've found that the software is powerful and feature rich; but also, has great documentation and support is there when we still are needing a nudge.
We set up managers to use this data, get reports, and stay out of the way of those management conversations with their direct reports.
- It details web browsing activities of employees which keeps them on task and away from harmful sites.
- ActivTrak shows us when remote employees start and end their day when working remotely or in the office.
- They provide easy to use reporting that allows us to quantify the staff hours needed to complete the workload on hand.
- Getting over the initial hurdle of telling your staff why you are implementing it.
- It is clear to see the productivity throughout the day/week
- It is a great way to segment productivity by team as well
- I feel the new way to categorize websites and applications as productive/unproductive was a lot easier prior to the new redesign
- Some users have more than one workstation. Need to tie multiple stations to one user.
- When classifying productive or nonproductive, [you] have to switch screens too many times.
- Tracks computer activity at the application level.
- Tracks computer activity by website.
- Easy to configure and utilize basic reports.
- The ActivTrak Accounts Receivable Department often has difficulty processing and tracking transactions.
- Common system programs and processes should be automatically classified. If we are tracking websites, then you shouldn't have to categorize / classify the browser is being used to access the websites.
We have some employees who request us to block certain websites to help with their productivity, and this tool is able to do that.
- Quick and easy snapshot of the overall level of activity across the business.
- Ability for deep dive when needed.
- The way we use the tool triggered some duplicate accounts to be created, ActivTrak helped us resolve the issue and provided a solution for our case.
ActivTrak Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is ActivTrak?
ActivTrak helps companies unlock productivity potential. Their workforce analytics and productivity management software provides data and expert insights to empower people, optimize processes, and maximize technology.
Boasting more than 8,500 customers and 250,000 users, ActivTrak aims to help companies around the world embrace and embody the future of work.
ActivTrak Videos (5)
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Advanced||$7.20||per user/per month|
ActivTrak Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ActivTrak Technical Details