Read Chris Cookson's full review
Pros and Cons
- Easy to develop for, skills for programs such as Adobe Animate and basic backend translate well to the program.
- Stable across multiple different platforms.
- Can get a working prototype really quickly
- Adobe Air applications are taxing on a user's CPU, especially considering how simple a lot of the apps are.
- Updating and installing Air based applications is very user unfriendly, often asks for updates that are aggressively pushed to the front of the user.
- As HTML 5 has gotten more and more sophisticated, for basic things a lot of times browser-based apps make a lot more sense.