Audition Reviews

April 09, 2021
Andy Fuller | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Audition within my department to edit a podcast. The podcast is called Notre Dame Stories, and runs every 3 weeks during the academic year at the University of Notre Dame. The podcast features narrative storytelling as well as interviews with faculty and students who are engaging in interesting research and creating knowledge in a variety of disciplines.
Read Andy Fuller's full review
October 27, 2020
Chris Hecox | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Adobe Audition is a fairly powerful tool that outdoes alternative free options for audio editing/sweetening, and offers a robust set of tools for quick cutting and exporting. I use Audition whenever I'm working with audio files, which is quite frequent.
Read Chris Hecox's full review
June 02, 2020
Jonah Dempcy | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I primarily use Adobe Audition for recording rather than audio editing. I find the user interface suitable for easily recording on-site on my MacBook Pro laptop. I can do rudimentary audio editing as I go, and set up audio buses for basic effects like noise gates and compression. It additionally has nice integration with Adobe Premiere for when you are doing audio recording or editing for use in video and motion graphics. I've used Audition for recording interviews, voice-overs, software, and other product demos, and for customer development purposes to get a record of customer feedback.
Read Jonah Dempcy's full review
April 23, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are solely using Adobe Audition for audio-cleanup for our video production. We import the audio from recorded video and clean it up to make it pitch-perfect, remove noise, etc. It gives our video that professional quality audio that we desire, which we find to be very important for video retention.
March 11, 2020
Tom Mulhern | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Adobe Audition is one of the best audio editing tools available on the market. I use Adobe Audition for all of my audio editing needs; including editing podcasts, music or dialogue for videos, or creative side projects. I also use the tools in Adobe Audition alongside Adobe's full creative cloud suite of products for creating digital media.
Read Tom Mulhern's full review
February 24, 2020
Vinny Hebert | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Adobe Audition in several ways. 1) I do weekly trivia voice where I not only record my voice to intro things, but some of my trivia games (that I create) require the use of Adobe Audition to edit and manipulate songs. 2) I do a daily podcast that I record and edit in Adobe Audition.
Read Vinny Hebert's full review
February 14, 2020
Walter Aho | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Audition is currently used primarily for a podcast production and occasionally accompanies a video project. Audition has given me full control over my audio production while integrating very well into other Premiere and AfterEffect projects as needed. Powerful tools, such as adaptive noise reduction, makes it reasonable for someone not formally educated in audio production to produce great sounding audio.
Read Walter Aho's full review
February 12, 2020
Kevin O'Grady | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We create weekly podcasts with Adobe Audition, and we have been doing so since 2012. Before that, we used Audacity and other free tools. They were great and highly recommended too, but the time came when we needed to step up our game. We found ourselves sometimes wanting to go back to the free tools, but as time went by and our expertise increased, we found ourselves getting so many benefits from Adobe Audition that we could never go back.
Read Kevin O'Grady's full review
January 21, 2020
Nathan Morimitsu | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have used Adobe Audition at several companies, all for similar purposes. My primary use for it is to record, edit, and clean up audio files to be used with training videos I make. It allowed for me to make professional quality audio recordings without having to invest heavily in studio time, or in studio equipment.
Read Nathan Morimitsu's full review
January 09, 2020
Michael Whatley | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

In the learning and development space, there is a consistent need to develop content in a way that uses many different formats including rich multimedia such as audio, video, and interactivity. Adobe Audition makes the audio development process much easier. From removing background noise, to amplifying volume, improving the EQ ratios, or enhancing various other elements, Adobe Audition gives users the ability to create perfect sounding audio in nearly every case. It's as they say - garbage in, garbage out, so there are certain limitations of the software. However, Adobe Audition has powerful default tools and settings that make cleaning up audio much easier, especially for novice users.
Read Michael Whatley's full review
November 14, 2019
Jonathan Cantu | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Adobe Audition is being used alongside our in-house media production. We have several instances where we've created a video using interviews and on-site footage. We, on several occasions, make sure that our audio quality is just as good, if not better, then the video captures. Video without proper audio is unusable.
Read Jonathan Cantu's full review
November 05, 2019
Lochan Kalicharan | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Adobe Audition is used by the organization to create, edit and convert audio files used for our various media outlets. Videos are produced for youtube, Instagram and other mobile social media outlets but the audio is edited in Audition before finalizing any of the media that will be published. This solves the issue of having audio that is not quite up to scratch and allowing us to fix it on the fly.
Read Lochan Kalicharan's full review
January 18, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Adobe Audition to regularly edit audio content for both webcasts and podcasts live and pre-recorded. We use Adobe Audition across the entire organization, with even a few sales reps using it to edit their own sales-based podcasts. It's great that it is included with Adobe Creative Suite, which we already subscribe to, and that we don't have to purchase and additional piece of software.
December 20, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

While I mostly use FCPX for my editing (save for visual FX, where I use Adobe AF), Audition has been a great go-to software for more technical audio editing. FCPX has fairly robust options for audio editing but it doesn't have nearly the capabilities and feature set Audition does.
December 04, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

In our organization, we use Adobe Audition as part of Creative Cloud to edit, mix, and do post-production on audio files used on multiple videos we produce in house for global distribution. Tasks such as these would be not impossible but extremely hard to do without a tool as complete as Audition.
July 11, 2019
Nathan Roberts | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Before Audition, I used a Sony-made software application for editing audio recordings. This was a good solution, but once I purchased an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, I switched to Audition. I mainly use Audition to edit recordings of our board meetings and events. It is very easy to use and offers plenty of features and functionality. Since I can edit the recordings in-house, I don't have to send them out and pay someone else to do it. As I've gotten more comfortable with the product, I've found more and more ways for it to be useful beyond simply editing for length and applying fades at the end of sessions. For instance, I've learned how to boost the volume of individual speakers in places where their voice may have been obscured (such as the speaker being too far from the mic) and how to reduce or eliminate unwanted sounds in a recording. You can create shortcuts to apply custom settings or choose from the many already available. Audition offers incredible support for output formats, too. And when it comes to help, Adobe has ample documentation for this product, which I've successfully used to accomplish advanced editing of my tracks.
Read Nathan Roberts's full review
August 21, 2019
Todd Dodge | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We currently use Adobe Audition to cut/crop music tracks for our promotional videos. Other programs lack in cutting audio in the same way Adobe Audition does. I know Audition is a more technical program that allows for far greater work in it, but that's what we use it for in our company.
Read Todd Dodge's full review
April 24, 2019
Joshua Hipp | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Adobe Audition is being used across a couple of departments in our organization. The Production Department is the main use of the software, while our Programming Department uses it regularly as well. Our Production Department at iHeart Media produces client spots and must turn things around quickly in most cases, which is one of Audition's strong suits. Programming produces sweepers and jingles for our radio stations that make use of Audition's multitrack editing. I assist both of these departments and use Audition on a weekly basis. It's the best tool for Audio production and editing that I've ever come across.
Read Joshua Hipp's full review
August 01, 2019
Bryan Crowe | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Audition is primarily used by myself in the company. It helps to create podcasts, as well as altering and correcting problems with audio files. For both audio (wav) in podcasts, and in video production to adjust and correct problems with the video's audio.
Read Bryan Crowe's full review
June 20, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Adobe Audition to edit audio for webcasts that are simulated live or on-demand. We also use Audition to record and edit audio for podcasts and webcasts as well as webinars that have not gone live yet, or are missing bits of audio. It is used primarily by my department to make the above edits. It will often address issues such as mistakes or additional audio said in a webcast or podcast, as well as allow those who cannot be live all at once to record their pieces without having to sign in to any software or connect to the internet at all.

What is Audition?

Adobe offers Audition as part of the Creative Cloud suite, a sound and audio editing and creation application.