Adobe Captivate is an elearning authoring and course design tool (or LCMS). It supports mobile HTML5 content. Users can test course content with the preview feature and track the performance of learners. Adobe Captivate includes some prebuilt assets as well as customizable workflows.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/Ku/G7/JTIAEGFUNF3R.PNGCaptivate Can Keep my Attention. Well, Sometimes.My department is responsible for creating and managing training in the hospital. That includes in-class and online training. We use Captivate to create online tutorials and training materials for posting in our learning management system. Captivate is available to a limited number of employees in the hospital by request, but is primarily, if not exclusively, used by three members of our staff including me. We turn to Captivate as a rapid authoring tool for creating compelling and interactive courses.,Adobe Captivate is a full-featured authoring tool, offering users a wide range of interactive and educational tools. Adobe Pro applications excel at providing you most of the options that you want and more than you need. Captivate offers live authoring in responsive design. This feature is essential as we look to develop more content for use across mobile devices. Captivate integrates seamlessly with the other Adobe Creative Suite tools that we use. We combine PhotoShop, Acrobat, and Captivate to create some amazing learning tools.,Adobe struggles in its customer support. Knowledgeable Captivate support technicians to teach and troubleshoot would elevate this powerful tool. As mobile learning journeys away from Flash, developing strictly in HTML5 is a becoming a must. Captivate has an HTML5 inspector to review your project for potential flash-based issues, but development in HTML5 only is not as intuitive. I waste valuable time and effort making adjustments after the fact. Many of my SMEs (subject mater experts) submit drafts in PowerPoint. Captivate has a PowerPoint import option, but transforms each slide into an image, removing any ability to edit the content after import. The issue alone is enough to drive me to alternate authoring tools. Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to distribute and teach all of our SMEs to use Captivate.,6,Captivate has added more complications to workflow than benefits. We have had issues in integrating Captivate's publishing files to our LMS. I am often reluctant to use this tool with the knowledge that the published file may or may not be accepted by our LMS, and neither Adobe nor CornerstoneOnDemand has a consistent solution. I'm stuck with adjusting settings after multiple attempts until the upload is accepted without errors. The result is a slowing of my efficiency in completing projects. Captivate does offer us authoring options that don't exist in authoring alternatives that we use. The interactive learning capabilities that are experienced by our users make this tool useful. Captivate's direct integration with the rest of the Adobe family creates a seamless workflow in design to production.,Articulate 360 and Articulate Storyline,Articulate Storyline, Adobe Photoshop, Snagit, Google Forms, Google Authenticator, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, Cornerstone OnDemand,3,5,Online staff training through our LMS Department orientation and on-boarding Data collection,I am currently developing a mobile experience focused on providing an checklist to be used by new nurses and interns. We typically do not create online learning for external use, but recent completed a series of courses that will be distributed for public consumption,Captivate's widgets might help us with our gamification of our learning experience. Captivate may play a crucial part in the mobile design of our content.,8The ins and outs of Adobe CaptivateAdobe Captivate is used by my organization as the primary e-learning tool for creating engaging clinically relevant content for staff. There are online learning departments that use the software for training and there is also a training group who use the software. Subject Matter Experts are paired with Captivate design experts to create the content.,Software simulations work very well in Adobe Captivate and are easily captured and editable. Outputs a variety of SCORM compliant formats to work with many LMS. HTML5 compliant content can be adjusted to be viewed on a variety of devices.,The quizzing is very lackluster. You cannot review questions without breaking them. Animations are clunky and not as easy to set up as with other software The workflow in Captivate could stand to be improved. There are limited templating options.,9,Captivate has a steep learning curve, it takes a while for users to become proficient. Travel for training has been nearly eliminated when Captivate has been utilized to create the learning modules. SME's are paid more than content developers so it makes sense to have content developers create the content instead of an SME needing to spend the time to get up to speed to use the software or to train in person.,Articulate Storyline,Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio, Adobe XD, Jabber, Skype for Business, Microsoft Office 2016,26,2,Orientation Software Simulations Assessments Knowledge Checks Surveys,Creating gamified training modules Creating presentations that are more engaging that can be created in powerpoint Creating 'easter eggs' in the modules to drive engagement.,Hoping to branch into 3d goggles with future versions of Captivate,10,No,Product Features Product Usability,If we had to do it all over again, I would advocate for Captivate again, just as I have in the past. The other software suites available do not have the robust screen capture process and editing that Captivate has, which are the primary uses for eLearning Authoring tools in my department at present.,Importing Powerpoint slides Creating Quizzes Embedding videos and customizing how they play etc.,Drag and Drop Scripting creating templates,No,8Adobe Captivate - eLearning authoring toolWe are transforming our training program from completely in-person to a blended learning environment to engage our people better, while saving on the expense of travel. We are spread out over a 300 mile span, making geography a challenge. Adobe Captivate allows us to deliver content on the learner's term, from their own office.,Adobe Captivate can integrate current PowerPoint presentation, and transform them into eLearning curriculum. Publishing an Adobe Captivate project is simple. Adobe Captivate uses built-in interactions to engage the learner, making the content easier to remember.,Adobe Captivate does not allow for great customization overall. For example, you cannot change the default font, causing a lot of wasted time changing the font choice. Creating engaging interactions could be a simpler process. A customizable Quick Access Toolbar would be quite useful.,7,Less travel expense. More access to training courses, more impact on the frontline. Only $29.99 a month, it can be used when necessary, keeping overall cost low.,Articulate 360,Articulate 360, Articulate Storyline,3,,Replacing in class training with eLearning Implementing microlearning for topics of interest Software simulations,Microlearning Software simulation open a lot of options "Board Game" eLearning,Reusable course outlines Further department reach Available for customers,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation,I do not think that I would change my evaluation process. I utilized the free 30-day trial for both software suites that I was evaluating. I vetted them through our Risk Assessment Team to ensure security is tight. I sought opinions from other users, and read reviews. Being able to try them both helped me make my decision.,10,No,I could not access the Assets tab of Adobe Captivate. I called in for support, they ran through the settings to ensure everything was installed properly. I received frequent email updates and phone calls letting me know what they were doing to find a resolution. I ended up checking with my IT to find the issue was on our end. Adobe made sure everything was working properly, even after it was resolved.,Drag and drop interactions Converting a shape to a button Rollover Caption,State views Timing of buttons Simple settings such as default font,No,8
Adobe Captivate

Adobe Captivate Reviews

Adobe Captivate

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 3 of 115 Adobe Captivate ratings and reviews.

Relton McBurrows profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

We are all in with Adobe products as creative tools, but are leaning more and more on Articulate for course development. It is likely that Captivate will continue to be a tool in our belt even if it isn't our immediate go to.
Read Relton McBurrows's full review
D Walwyn profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Because we have so many modules built in Captivate that may on occasion need to be updated or recreated, Captivate is now a permanent part of the software ecosystem of our organization. There are many features that other elearning authoring suites are not able to come close to, which is the reason that Captivate is the defacto standard of authoring tools.
Read D Walwyn's full review
Tracy Ford profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

There is no doubt in my mind that we will be using Adobe Captivate for years to come. There are so many uses for the software that we are just scratching the surface. The more we use it, the better it gets. This is a great option for anyone looking for an eLearning authoring tool.
Read Tracy Ford's full review

Course authoring (12)
Course catalog or library (9)
Player/Portal (11)
Learning content (9)
Mobile friendly (12)
Progress tracking & certifications (13)
Assignments (9)
Compliance management (6)
Learning administration (7)
Learning reporting & analytics (9)
Social learning (4)

About Adobe Captivate

Adobe Captivate is an elearning authoring and course design tool (or LCMS). It allows users to rapidly author responsive, interactive learning eLearning content, as well as mobile HTML-5 learning content. Users can test courses with the preview LMS feature, and track the performance of learners as they complete quizzes and other tasks. Adobe Captivate includes some prebuilt templates and learning assets, but users also have the option to custom code their own complex learning workflows. Adobe Captivate integrates with SCORM-compliant LMS systems, including Adobe Captivate Prime.

Adobe Captivate Technical Details