Using video photos and audio and test knowledge
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Adobe Captivate, and make your voice heard!
Student & Teacher Edition
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
Adobe Learning Manager
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)
Udemy for Business
A Cloud Guru (Linux Academy)
- Installation process was quite difficult for me.
- Could be more intuitive and have a simpler interface
- It freezes sometimes and I have to restart our system.
- High initial set-up cost and licensing fees for all employees at one go
- 1 common platform for reporting & tracking of completion for mandatory trainings
- Mandatory trainings are available & accessible for all employees + contractors
- Quick Win – fast implementation & roll-out
- Increase learning skill
- keep students engaged in topics
- Evaluate downfalls and measure feedback
- In my experience, Adobe Captivate courseware failures in SumTotal LMS have resulted in our aircraft mechanics not meeting qualifications, prohibiting them from repairing aircraft and resulting in delays in releasing the aircraft to service.
- In my experience, it is very difficult getting a hold of an Adobe technical service agent who speaks clear English, causing long delays in resolving problems.
- We have been able build trainings and support our staff.
- Creating self paced modules has seen an increase in participation.
- The cost of licenses is high and hard to justify for intermittent use.
- A common LCMS used by many.
- Overall positive; I've had 2 projects that depended entirely on my work with Captivate.
- Positive - ROI.
- Shift to people centered, inclusiveness through the ease of the learning management platform.
- Quicker time to competence.
- Better learner engagement.
- Better response time.
- Very positive.
- Allows users to practice the software in our LMS.
- Adobe Captivate has reduced our production time by 20-30% by leveraging Templates and Saved Actions.
- Adobe Captivate allows mobile delivery options.
- Adobe Captivate is cutting edge with 360 interactions.
- The engagement has increased 600% on our LMS.
- Negative - It takes too long to develop.
- Negative - It's limited so we have to use Storyline to develop courses and import them into Captivate.
- Negative - The team morale has suffered and continues to suffer.
- Negative - Our client doesn't know how skilled we truly are, because we have to use Captivate. In the past, I've actually lost clients because of the software limitations.
- Better user understanding.
- A great Visual aid to boost employee awareness.
- An investment that allows the employee to be involved in the process.
- Shortening development time.
- Increasing offerings for our customer.
- Creating training.
- Positive feedback from customers.
- An essential support to the business.
- Saved company money when we streamlined our annual education.
- Reduces need for live training.
- Allows users to access training on demand as needed, increasing productivity.
- Interactive training engages learners, reducing the need for follow-up or repeat training.
- Centralized online training has saved the company lot of training costs.
- Initially development cost had increased due to software learning curve.
- Improved training branding compliance.
- Captivate training is generally well received.
- Training requests have increased.
- Data collected shows positive feedback toward Training.
- It is difficult to get started in the government working world.
- Employees better trained (e.g. viewed demos and workflows, understood visually.
- Full video demos help students understand end results if proper steps are taken.
- Sometimes you have to do a LOT of clicking in order to get something done in advanced actions.
- I have had it crash a few times.
- Overall it's fairly quick to develop with so it saves time and money.
- It has been a positive impact on my business and makes my job a little easier for finalizing products.