Adobe Captivate is an elearning authoring and course design tool (or LCMS). It supports mobile HTML5 content. Users can test course content with the preview feature and track the performance of learners. Adobe Captivate includes some prebuilt assets as well as customizable workflows.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/Ku/G7/JTIAEGFUNF3R.PNGWhy I keep using Adobe CaptivateWe utilize Adobe Captivate to produce training modules for our proprietary system for new customers to learn how to use it. Captivate helps by providing a quick and easy utility that can create amazing videos with no frustration. I love that there are deployment options to host the produced video on different platforms and includes incorporating LMS such as SCORM with a full scoring quiz at the end. Captivate also makes it very easy to address the sounds in the videos and mouse clicks as well as the audio you want the audience to hear.,Easy learning curve. Captivate makes it easy for a new user to pick it up and understand where to begin. Adobe, in general, does this very well and Captivate is no exception. When you begin using Captivate, many of the tasks to create a video come naturally as things are laid out in a way that makes sense. Embedding with LMS (Learning Management Systems). Adobe has made it very easy to deploy your produced video to any of the popular LMS's available. Captivate also gives you a very easy way of including a SCORM score for any quizzes that must be passed at the end of the video in order to proceed to the next video. Capturing Audio has never been easier. With Captivate you can easily add voice-over audio that you can record directly inside of Captivate, or import a pre-recorded audio clip. You can import sounds from other sources for effects in the video and Captivate already includes all of the commonly used sounds for mouse-clicks, error sounds, etc.,While Captivate does an amazing job at recording movement of mouse and keystrokes on the screen, it would be great to have the ability to capture the same items via a plugin to 3rd party software (Outlook, Firefox, or other Adobe applications). The results would be that while working in another application and realizing that someone might want a quick tutorial on something, rather than launching Captivate, one could use the plugin to quickly capture the screen and mouse movement. Configuring the LMS to have quizzes at the end and have a passing score could use an enhancement. While it works great, it is not the most straight-forward setup there is. One finds themselves searching online for solutions and answers how to accomplish certain setup steps for LMS or SCORM. It would be nice to be able to have the control of Captivate on a 2nd or 3rd monitor that is not being captured, to be able to see more of the real estate of your screen that you are capturing.,9,While using Captivate, our organization has decreased training times from 6 days when done face-to-face, down to 4 days when done via Captivate training modules. The ROI thereby has been established at a yearly rate of ~2 months. In just a 2 month period each year, we are averaging a new employee, which is trained in 4 days rather than 6 days, causing the difference in overhead for 2 days to easily pay for the yearly cost of Captivate. Another positive impact Captivate has had on our company is that it provided us the ability (and idea) to create help videos, where normally in a software you have a question mark (?) to click on for help, a text document would open to the FAQ's or User Manual. In our case, it set us ahead of any competition by creating short videos when the user clicks on the question mark and a few-second-long video would play explaining the item they were clicking on.,Camtasia,Articulate Studio, Adobe Photoshop, Hyper-V,No,7,Yes,Yes. When I first started out using Articulate Studio and was publishing to a proprietary LMS, we had major issues getting everything talking together. Adobe was willing to get an engineer online with us, whom spent a lot of time with us to learn how our system worked in order to make a couple changes in the SCORM system in Captivate in order to get it all working. This caused Adobe to publish a hot-fix update that was an optional download. When we installed it, everything was fixed and worked perfectly. I've never known another company to involve an engineer at this level to work with a single customer (my company). Awesome job!Adobe Captivate - eLearning authoring toolWe are transforming our training program from completely in-person to a blended learning environment to engage our people better, while saving on the expense of travel. We are spread out over a 300 mile span, making geography a challenge. Adobe Captivate allows us to deliver content on the learner's term, from their own office.,Adobe Captivate can integrate current PowerPoint presentation, and transform them into eLearning curriculum. Publishing an Adobe Captivate project is simple. Adobe Captivate uses built-in interactions to engage the learner, making the content easier to remember.,Adobe Captivate does not allow for great customization overall. For example, you cannot change the default font, causing a lot of wasted time changing the font choice. Creating engaging interactions could be a simpler process. A customizable Quick Access Toolbar would be quite useful.,7,Less travel expense. More access to training courses, more impact on the frontline. Only $29.99 a month, it can be used when necessary, keeping overall cost low.,Articulate 360,Articulate 360, Articulate Storyline,3,,Replacing in class training with eLearning Implementing microlearning for topics of interest Software simulations,Microlearning Software simulation open a lot of options "Board Game" eLearning,Reusable course outlines Further department reach Available for customers,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation,I do not think that I would change my evaluation process. I utilized the free 30-day trial for both software suites that I was evaluating. I vetted them through our Risk Assessment Team to ensure security is tight. I sought opinions from other users, and read reviews. Being able to try them both helped me make my decision.,10,No,I could not access the Assets tab of Adobe Captivate. I called in for support, they ran through the settings to ensure everything was installed properly. I received frequent email updates and phone calls letting me know what they were doing to find a resolution. I ended up checking with my IT to find the issue was on our end. Adobe made sure everything was working properly, even after it was resolved.,Drag and drop interactions Converting a shape to a button Rollover Caption,State views Timing of buttons Simple settings such as default font,No,8
Adobe Captivate

Adobe Captivate Reviews

Adobe Captivate

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 2 of 109 Adobe Captivate ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review
John Fester profile photo
November 28, 2018

Why I keep using Adobe Captivate

Support

The support team is good in responding and maintaining communication. Sometimes...well...almost always, you will find yourself having to use a 2nd attempt with more details and easier terminology to get the tech to understand the question or situation. These techs should know English 100% and their product 100% to be on a support team for the USA. I do not get the impression this is true.
Read John Fester's full review
Tracy Ford profile photo
November 22, 2017

Adobe Captivate - eLearning authoring tool

Support

Every issue I have ever had was handled with care and quite thoroughly. After the initial conversation on the phone, I received frequent emails letting me know what they were working on, and also received follow up phone calls. After I found the resolution, I got one more call to ensure everything was working properly. The follow up was quite surprising.
Read Tracy Ford's full review

Course authoring (12)
Course catalog or library (9)
Player/Portal (11)
Learning content (9)
Mobile friendly (12)
Progress tracking & certifications (13)
Assignments (9)
Compliance management (6)
Learning administration (7)
Learning reporting & analytics (9)
Social learning (4)

About Adobe Captivate

Adobe Captivate is an elearning authoring and course design tool (or LCMS). It allows users to rapidly author responsive, interactive learning eLearning content, as well as mobile HTML-5 learning content. Users can test courses with the preview LMS feature, and track the performance of learners as they complete quizzes and other tasks. Adobe Captivate includes some prebuilt templates and learning assets, but users also have the option to custom code their own complex learning workflows. Adobe Captivate integrates with SCORM-compliant LMS systems, including Adobe Captivate Prime.

Adobe Captivate Technical Details