Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Illustrator CC

Illustrator for Architects

March 23, 2022
I use this software on a daily basis as an architect and it is a very useful tool that helps us a lot of design buildings and makes plans …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Adobe Illustrator, and make your voice heard!

Yearly - Billed Monthly

per month

Monthly

per month

Yearly - Billed Upfront

per year

What is Adobe Illustrator?

Adobe Illustrator CC is a vector-based graphic design software.

Adobe Illustrator Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac

Justin Adams | TrustRadius Reviewer
Simply stated, Adobe Illustrator CC just offers more. Not all projects require 'more', but when you need it, it is nice that you don't have to jump programs and start over on a project. Inkscape is simple to use, but so is Canva. Point being, just because a program has a great user interface and/or is free to the public, there is always give and take. If either CorelDraw or Inkscape were as robust, as trusted, or as reliable as Adobe Illustrator CC, then the Adobe CC would not be an industry standard.
There are so many things you can create in Adobe Illustrator CC. It's easy to use and the options for saving and exporting are fantastic. Fortunately, this is the only software of its kind that I have used. I know other people that have used lesser quality products and turned out lesser quality artwork.
Bill Black | TrustRadius Reviewer
Both are powerful design/vector art tools. And they do the same things - just in a little different way. Tools and interface are a little different. Illustrator thinks like a designer, Corel thinks like an architect. I picked Illustrator mostly due to integration with Photoshop. Corel offers PhotoPaint - again same end product, but different tools and interface. In the end, I picked the Adobe Suite due to industry standard usage.
I know a lot of designers that like to work in Photoshop, when text is involved I prefer Adobe Illustrator CC. You can outline your text and kern and correct there, it is crisp and easy. I would rather push vector points than pixels. I also really appreciate the multiple boards so I can build a large campaign and not lose scoop of the project, seeing it all together in one place. Exporting all of the artboards is also easy and can be exported as many different file types.
Illustrator has never let me down recently. There have been times where the program didn't do things I wanted it, but over the years the updates gradually modified how I used the program to the point where everything we need to do can be done.Whatever the situation is, Adobe Illustrator can handle it.
I chose Rhinoceros 3D because it is accurate to make drawings in it and it is better to make drawings in Rhinoceros 3D and then put them in Adobe Illustrator. But while printing or scaling it is much easier to put it in Adobe Illustrator. This makes the whole printing aspect of it much easier.
Illustrator has a wide capability for editing ability and can be used in combination with any of the other programs I've listed and used. This makes it incredibly versatile and one of my favorites. Each of the other products have specific purposes, making them less likely for me to pick out first.
Marry Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Before using Adobe Illustrator CC, I was using other design tools and struggled with the lack of control over my artwork. Adobe Illustrator CC has given me so much more control over my designs. The interface is beautiful and easy to use; new features like Live Shape and the ability to create patterns on shapes have made it a must-have for any graphic designer.
Nicolas Piemontez | TrustRadius Reviewer
They complement each other, each with its own specific characteristics, but within a marketing sector, an experienced designer knows that the use of these tools in sets makes all the difference. It is possible to combine their uses and create really relevant materials that will bring a great return to the company and in the dissemination of arts with superior quality to the competitors.
Lucas Piemontez | TrustRadius Reviewer
All these software integrate and each one has a purpose, I, particularly, always work with almost all of them together and I don't see competition between them, [but rather] an integration [with] different purposes and uses. I use them all and they all serve me in the best way possible, but only with [Adobe] Illustrator [CC] can I work with vectoring and illustration.
Dawood Awan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe is best for vector graphic editor. The other softwares crash but it works properly.I always recommend using it if you are a professional graphic designer. It is more powerful and handy tool than any other software available in the market. Probably my ultimate choice for game UI design, logo design and many more things.
Paloma Guimarães | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adode Illustrator is better for the design work in the company, sice it works with vectors and easy shortcuts, the other adobe software is not so useful because we do not work with video editing or rendering. Adobe Illustrator CC meets all our needs and expectations and that is why we have chose to use it.
We used CorelDRAW a long time ago for various vector projects. Once we learned about Illustrator, we started training on that platform and never looked back. I'm sure CorelDRAW has come a long way since, but we couldn't imagine switching to that platform now - even just simply considering that our team and contractors all use and were previously trained on Illustrator. So, even just sharing and opening files is [seamless].
September 03, 2021

Worth the Time

Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer
Photoshop is much easier to learn and utilize, but Adobe Illustrator definitely has more features and customizations. For basic day-to-day designing, I'd choose Photoshop any day, just because of its ease of use and how simple it is to find tutorials and assistance online. For more in-depth designers, I could see how Illustrator could be a preference with more features.
Honestly, Adobe illustrator is the best in the market in terms of what the software is capable of doing. I've used other software in my career, and honestly, I just haven't found anything that has the tools and the capabilities like adobe illustrator. I honestly will pay extra to have adobe illustrator because of the features and the way it allows me to do my job.
The only other application I've tried that compares is Inkscape. It is a free and open-source application inspired by the same goals and roles that Illustrator fills. It can be a good place to try out the vector creation process and mindset but just isn't there if you need to be productive. Adobe Illustrator is a professional tool and there really isn't any competition in this niche right now.
Heather Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe Illustrator CC has so much more options and tools to create the perfect vector graphics when compared to other programs. Illustrator is often the program that I use to create graphics, and then insert those files directly into the other programs listed. The other programs may have the ability to create vector graphics or what looks like vector[s], but at the end of the day, Illustrator is the end-all be-all vector creation program.
I have not used any other graphic design software but I have used Photoshop and InDesign. If you're looking to create graphics, especially scalable vectors, Adobe Illustrator CC is, hands down, the best tool out there. Photoshop is much better for photo editing and manipulation. InDesign is better suited for layout work. The great thing is you can create your scalable art in Adobe Illustrator CC and then bring it into apps like Photoshop and InDesign to add graphics to photos, fliers, brochures, magazines, etc.
Comparing with Affinity, Adobe Illustrator CC has a powerful core and very high compatibility with other Adobe products which is a huge advantage. The ease of use of various tools are also very familiar among different graphic designers within the corporation, making training of the software almost zero for them. [On the other hand], using Affinity take[s] a bit [of] time to get used to as it always needs to export to PDF files for general compatibility with others.
Overall, my impression is that Illustrator is better suited to providing the features and end result I am looking for when creating employee documents and/or marketing materials that can be rich and engaging for the end user/recipient. The ability to create multi-page documents with greater ease than in Photoshop is useful. Experience with InDesign is limited, but we took to Illustrator much easier due to experience with the application, creating a stronger sense of comfort that translated into higher efficiency.