Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Maria Clara Daly | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2019

Best vector design software on the market

Alternatives Considered

It's part of the incredibly robust and expansive Creative Cloud suite by Adobe and integrates seamlessly with all their other products. If you're even using one or two of the other Adobe products it makes absolute sense to use these. I've been using Illustrator from well before they were this seamlessly integrated and it still ranked as the best vector software I'd ever used then, and while I occasionally will do trials of other software, I can't deny that the entire series of programs together work exceptionally well and I'm unlikely to change to a new program unless something groundbreaking in functionality gets released to the market.
Read Maria Clara Daly's full review
Robert Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 12, 2019

Adobe Illustrator - the vector drawing package that will make a man (or woman) out of you!

Alternatives Considered

CorelDraw is a simpler tool and you'll find it used prevalently in the apparel business. It's buy once and also much easier to pick up, but Illustrator seems to have a more artistic slant to it. I spent 30 years working with Corel and have only started pushing myself to use Illustrator in the last 3, but I can already see areas where Illustrator just simply does things that Corel can't.
Read Robert Brown's full review
Tobie Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 29, 2019

Illustrator CC is worth the money!

Alternatives Considered

We use Adobe Illustrator because we always have. It is my go-to program when designing logos or charts and graphs. I love how seamlessly it works with Indesign and Photoshop. Being able to work on my Mac and also send files to those on a PC is helpful too. We have had good luck working across platforms through this program. All the updates just keep making the program even better.
Read Tobie Anderson's full review
Holli Drewry | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 27, 2019

A must-have software for professional designers

Alternatives Considered

Adobe Canva can be used to produce flyers and other promotional items but it is not as robust in features like Adobe Illustrator. Also, Canva is an online tool. You can use Illustrator without an internet connection (once you have downloaded the software). Canva is a good choice if you have a limited need to create flyers or other promotional items. If you want to create custom graphics and more complicated files I suggest Illustrator.
Read Holli Drewry's full review
Lisa Cooley | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2019

We love Adobe Illustrator!

Alternatives Considered

We've tried some free alternatives which are great for using cross-platform, like Pixlr, but ultimately we found that we'd reach for familiar tools that we'd expect in Illustrator, and then be very frustrated when they were not where we expected them to be. Nothing really compares to Illustrator for us.
Read Lisa Cooley's full review
Maryam Qureshi | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 09, 2019

My thoughts on Adobe Illustrator CC

Alternatives Considered

I selected Adobe Illustrator as this is what my department was using. I don't mind using it, as this product is overall easy to use for the purpose our department needed it for. I do like using Canva for quick things because there are already pre set templates that makes life easier, and objects you can use within the graphic you are designing.
Read Maryam Qureshi's full review
February 20, 2020

Adobe Illustrator CC in a school

Alternatives Considered

Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop are very similar and have a lot of the same uses and features. The reason that we use Adobe Illustrator a little bit more is because we have some things that require really sharp edges and that is best accomplished when using Adobe Illustrator. This allows us to get a sharper image when printing materials.
October 18, 2019

The Go-To Logo Design Software

Alternatives Considered

Our company utilizes the entire Adobe Creative Suite for a multitude of projects. Adobe Illustrator CC is used in conjunction with the other design software products to create visually appealing graphics. When it comes to designing detailed logos, graphics, fonts, and other vector images, Adobe Illustrator beats out Adobe Photoshop & Adobe InDesign every time. Photoshop is more-so designed to edit and create photos and InDesign is primarily used by our designers to create print materials such as flyers and banners. Many of the design elements incorporated into projects created in Photoshop and InDesign are created using Illustrator.
October 17, 2019

Illustrator is a must and a no-brainer.

Alternatives Considered

If you're using Adobe CC, it's a no-brainer to use Illustrator, as it's part of the suite AND the standard, go-to app for design work. It also works cross-platform and, if you know what you're doing, it can create almost any kind of image and any kind of file. Anything else is not worth the hassle.
Jonathan Cantu | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 12, 2019

Illustrator User For Over Ten Years

Alternatives Considered

I think they are equal in usability. Adobe Illustrator takes the cake in its integrations with other programs. The Adobe Suite of products work well together and make it easier to use a seamless workflow. Using Sketch with Photoshop, on the other hand, would be difficult.
Read Jonathan Cantu's full review
Nicholas De Salvo | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 12, 2019

Still the best around

Alternatives Considered

Illustrator is the industry standard and, though there are other programs that can help with vector graphics and digital illustration, none of them offer the same suite of tools, ease of workflow integration, and general acceptance as Illustrator does. It would be difficult to find another solution for what Illustrator does well.
Read Nicholas De Salvo's full review
Hilary Hobbs | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 11, 2019

Illustrator is a must-have for creatives

Alternatives Considered

Illustrator is essentially an advanced Photoshop. Especially in regards to the layout. If you have a decent understanding of Photoshop you can easily get around Illustrator. The big difference is the number of things you can create inside the program comparatively. Creating graphics is hands down the best things about the software.
Read Hilary Hobbs's full review

About Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Illustrator CC is a vector-based graphic design software.