Adobe Illustrator

March 23, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Adobe Illustrator, and make your voice heard!

Yearly - Billed Monthly

per month

Monthly

per month

Yearly - Billed Upfront

per year

What is Adobe Illustrator?

Adobe Illustrator CC is a vector-based graphic design software.

Adobe Illustrator Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac

I use Adobe Illustrator CC as my primary design software. I always start my photographic based elements in Photoshop but always move over to Adobe Illustrator CC for any kind of copy, text, and illustrative vector work. I have used Adobe Illustrator CC personally for years as an Illustrator and as a Graphic Designer, it is by far my most prized software. It is constantly updating and becoming more and more user friendly.
We have used Adobe Illustrator for a variety of projects such as Movie posters, class projects, marketing, and promotional materials. Creating artworks and putting together marketing plans has never been easier thanks to Adobe Illustrator. On a weekly basis at least 5-10 projects utilize adobe Illustrator at one point or another.
Justin Adams | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a graphic designer, I use Adobe Illustrator CC on a literal daily basis. From logo design to social media post images to website wireframes, it is a required asset to create vector art and multiple artboard layouts for clients. While I also use other programs within the Creative Suite, Adobe Illustrator CC is indispensable and much preferred to other vector-based programs I've used in the past.
Derek Tumuhimbise | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Adobe Illustrator to make vector based designs about upcoming events that our organization holds. This software has contributed to the growth of our organization. Some of the feature I love about Illustrator is the small files it stores on the drive, unlike Adobe PhotoShop which store relatively large files. Adobe Illustrator uses keyboard shortcuts and this feature has been helpful in helping me save time while making my graphic designs. Ever since we started using the graphic designs we make on our social media pages, we have seen a drastic growth in the following and social media activities.
I use this software on a daily basis as an architect and it is a very useful tool that helps us a lot of design buildings and makes plans or sections. I use it almost every day to make drawings and layer other images to make my drawings look good for clients.
We do a lot of icon design and editorial work using Adobe Illustrator. In comparison to Figma, it has better controls over type and pen tool which gives control in anything vector-based. Integrated workflow with photoshop and other Creative Cloud tools also makes it an essential tool for any designer to have. One thing that it lacks is the power to collaborate. If they get to add this feature, it will be an exceptional design tool.
Absolutely loved using Adobe Illustrator as a designer at my company within our Marketing Department. It would 100% be my go to software to use and was used the most out of the entire Adobe Creative Suite. I would absolutely recommend to those who want to create vector based graphics or illustrations.
Marry Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Adobe Illustrator to make the most complicated design projects possible. With the help of this product, we have been able to reduce the time it takes to accomplish a task by 80%! Adobe Illustrator is an easy-to-use design tool that makes it possible to create complex illustrations. The program has a clean interface with various devices that allow me to create graphics without wasting time setting up layers quickly. I use Adobe Illustrator CC to create visualizations and professional presentations for sales briefs and proposals. I have also used it to create taglines.
Nicolas Piemontez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Within the organization, I produce all digital and printed graphic material. I use illustrator to work mainly with vectors, some illustrations, creating stamps and some visual identities, and all printed material. Due to its quality of tools and specific use for this type of material and art, I consider the illustrator to be a fundamental tool for the production of graphic materials with excellence that does not lose quality with zooming or printing.
Lucas Piemontez | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use [Adobe] Illustrator [CC] daily in my demands in the marketing sector; we produce content for social networks, blogs, prints, eBooks, [and] videos among others. Its quality, integration, and ease help a lot in our work. We produce quality content with a system that best matches our expectations. I haven't found any software that allows me to work with vectors and illustrations with this quality and with the variety of tools and functions that [Adobe] Illustrator [CC] has.
Dawood Awan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a freelance graphic designer, and I use adobe apps and softwares to do my work. I primarily use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop for professional graphic designing. This is a vector graphics editor and you can make anything you imagine! What I love the most about it is that it also contains brushes and you can customize them on your own! I love the watercolor brushes. This program is for professional graphic designing and it is an industry standard software. Because of having a lot of features, it is not beginner friendly. You might feel lost in its features, and the user interface is pretty confusing. But once you master it, you will love it.
Killer vector design abilities.Excellent Touch Type feature.Simplified Free Transform tool. The powerful Puppet Warp feature allows the transformation of select portions of illustrations. Many improvements to existing features. Adobe Illustrator CC is being used for nearly 80% of all design-related work for clients. It's one of the best parts of the Adobe Creative Suite considering it's vector-based and being that we have a variety of clients who need both digital and print related assets, vector-based is the best so that resolution doesn't get lost.AI is well suited for designers and illustrators who need to create scalable artwork or assets and don't want to lose resolution. Clean and beautiful work can be created with AI. However, the learning curve is not the quickest so it is better suited for those who either already have some knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite or for those who are willing to spend the time and money to learn from a course or on their own.AI is well suited for originators and artists who ought to make adaptable craftsmanship work or resources and do not need to lose determination. Clean and excellent work can be made with AI. In any case, the learning bend isn't the fastest so it is way better suited for those who either as of now have a [little] information of the Adobe Creative Suite or for those who are willing to spend the time and cash to memorize from a course or on their claim.
Paloma Guimarães | TrustRadius Reviewer
The organization uses Adobe Illustrator CC to teach Graphic Design classes and get students to engage and practice using the software so that they will be able to use it in a professional setting in the future. It helps with the creation of artwork, posters, business cards, social media posts and material for websites
The marketing department of our company uses the entire Adobe Suite, including Illustrator primarily for our product label designs, vector drawings of icons and backgrounds, and all of our logo designs. We often need to have our designs in vector so they are scalable for various printing formats - so this is ideal. Also, Illustrator is one of the most widely used platforms in the world, so it's easy to also work on projects with outside contractors because of the popularity of this program.
September 03, 2021

Worth the Time

Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Illustrator to design vector files and logos usually. We use these files for signage, indoor and outdoor, and to ensure files do not lose resolution. It makes it much easier to order marketing materials and signage when we can send print-ready files to expedite processing and shipments. It also saves us in designs costs from vendors as well.
Adobe Illustrator is something that I've been using for years and it's something that I don't think I can get along without. I use it for the graphic design phase of most projects and I also teach my students how to use this as marketing majors. The powers of Adobe Illustrator are amazing and I'm able to manipulate and create graphics with ease.
Adobe Illustrator is being utilized in many capacities in our creative processes. Marketing emails, catalog and presentation graphics, and website assets. Illustrator is often the first step in many of these tasks because of the powerful and fast graphics generation process. It is also beneficial to be able to work in a scalable image format that can be seamlessly translated into different applications.
Heather Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Adobe Illustrator CC in our Design department. Whenever a need arises to create a vector illustration or detailed graph, Illustrator is our go-to. There have been times we've used it even as our main graphic design program for events and programs that need printed materials, but mainly we use it to create intricate illustrations to insert into other files. Our department currently uses it, and I believe other graphic designers on-campus use it frequently as well.
As the creative director, I have been using Adobe Illustrator CC for about eight years to create and edit 90% of our marketing and branding assets. I create logos, banners, website graphics, email images, social media graphics, brochures, event signage, product graphics, video slide graphics, workbook assets, and much more. Adobe Illustrator CC is my go-to when it comes to creating any graphics-related materials for our company.
Adobe Illustrator CC is being used by the marketing department. It is mainly used for creating various types of marketing materials, and also the logos and other virtual marketing materials that are needed for documents like reports, manuals, leaflets, brochures, websites, and letter header and footer for some of the official documents like purchase orders, quotations, invoices, etc.
Lochan Kalicharan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been using Adobe Illustrator CC through our campus for both students and faculty members across a few key departments that are involved with media creation. This includes but is not limited to teaching materials and supplemental departmental information. Aside from using it, we are also involved with supporting users needing troubleshooting for the software.
Currently, we mostly use Adobe Illustrator in our marketing and HR/Operations department. The main items we use it for is to create engaging marketing materials and manuals/documents for staff. a current example would be our learning component for staff. We used Illustrator to create a detailed and vibrant document that provides all of our options available for staff learning and development as we introduced new learning programs for the team to continue to build their skills. Illustrator takes this from being your standard text heavy document to something that can be eye-catching with relevant graphics, infographics, and the like to generate further interest. In short, it makes something that could be boring a lot more interesting to keep interest high.
May 21, 2021

Get Illustrated!

Adobe Illustrator CC is being used by our design team. We have seven Creative Cloud licenses which includes the Adobe Illustrator app. The bulk of the Adobe Illustrator CC usage is handled in marketing, when we need graphics created for different marketing campaigns. Other reasons for Illustrator is to alter purchased graphics or logos. Using Adobe Illustrator CC allows us to have the best tool on the market to create or edit vector art.