Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Illustrator CC

Adobe Illustrator CC is a tool for every artist!

May 13, 2022
I use Adobe Illustrator CC as my primary design software. I always start my photographic based elements in Photoshop but always move over …

Illustrator for Architects

March 23, 2022
I use this software on a daily basis as an architect and it is a very useful tool that helps us a lot of design buildings and makes plans …

Designers Should Have it

March 08, 2022
I am a 2D LaserCut designer. Adobe Illustrator CC gives me quick artistic tools in a blink.

My all-time favorite design product!

January 21, 2022
Absolutely loved using Adobe Illustrator as a designer at my company within our Marketing Department. It would 100% be my go to software …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Adobe Illustrator, and make your voice heard!

Yearly - Billed Monthly

per month

Monthly

per month

Yearly - Billed Upfront

per year

What is Adobe Illustrator?

Adobe Illustrator CC is a vector-based graphic design software.

Adobe Illustrator Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac

Justin Adams | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Vector art-based requests (e.g. logos and illustrations)
  • Multi-page artboard publications
  • Website wireframes
  • Integration with other Creative Suite programs - specifically the tool options and layout
  • Allow for increased customization of workspace options
  • Larger artboard area (a several-page wireframe layout is difficult to squeeze into the allowable artboard area)
Ankit Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Its tracing process for a image. You can use pen tools and create whatever you want.
  • You can export you file in pdf, svg, png format.
  • Its gives you high quality vector images.
  • Its crashing problem. Frequently crash if you don't save your work it will be gone.
  • I don't understand how gradients tools work. its been so long everytime I stuck in it.
  • Everything is good in Adobe, just need to improve crashing problem.
  • Organize objects for cutting
  • Trace images
  • Create models in few clicks
  • May need some geometrical tools such as fillet, chamfer, trim .. etc in a more simple steps
  • DXF support needs some improvements
  • Text outlining for connected letters needs a better algorithm
Marry Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • If you are into graphic design, illustration, or illustration, you need to use Adobe Illustrator CC. It is the best software for vector graphics and professional photographs. I love using it because of the easy-to-use interface and features that I need in my work.
  • Adobe Illustrator is the best software in the market; it does what it promises. It has various tools and customizable options, making it easy to use. Its interface is sleek and user-friendly, which makes your workflow seamless.
  • I've been a user of Illustrator for a few years now and I am quite disappointed with the latest update. It has many glitches, some of which make it unuseable. This needs to be fixed so I can continue using this application.
  • When buying an app, the first thing to look for is if it's worth your time and money. Adobe Illustrator CC has much room for improvement in this sense, making it hard to use, missing features, and not being able to handle larger files. It offers something unique and valuable while also offering some features that make the user experience more pleasant.
Dawood Awan | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Brushes!
  • You can use the pre-made brushes + customize your own. You can also buy or download brushes from websites.
  • Export in a variety of formats.
  • I can export my artworks in many formats like AI,EPS,PSD ,JPEG,JPG,PNG, PDF, etc.
  • Constantly updated software!
  • With the new updates, the user-interface becomes more flexible. You have the freedom to choose what feature you like to be displayed on canvas or not and you can literally customize it.
  • Adobe softwares are always updated as you can check that they released 5+ updated versions of adobe illustrator during the past few years. This is a lot helpful as graphic design trends and needs change with time, so does illustrator! With every version, you get a lot of extra features and they always save time and make designing easier and better.
  • Handle load.It can handle extensive files unlike other free softwares, they crash when overloaded with complex designs.
  • Complex work. You can do complex and intricate designs with illustrator without quality loss. I created many 3d artworks with illustrator by using the mesh tool.
  • Too much size!
  • Adobe Illustrator is over 2 Gb and it makes my computer slower (especially if you are using a computer with an old processor). It takes time to start.
  • Pricey. The subscription plans may be a little pricey..
  • Not beginner-friendly. You need a lot of practice to learn the tricks as there are so many features and you might feel overwhelmed.
  • Vector drawing and scaling
  • Easy user interface
  • Tons of interface tools to work with
  • Ability to import and export in various formats, as well as importing into other Adobe programs
  • There are so many tools that it can be overwhelming to learn how to use all aspects of the program.
  • As the program is upgraded, sadly they eventually get too overwhelming for older video cards - forcing you to either upgrade or deal with the lag.
  • Very rarely the program will hang or even crash. I've never been able to pinpoint exactly why.
September 03, 2021

Worth the Time

Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Lots of image customizations and options
  • Most formal designers will want vector files which you can create.
  • More advanced options that photoshop or indesign.
  • Can be difficult to learn
  • Could use more helpful tips and guides
  • More interactive guides
  • Image creation.
  • Outlining and creating vector images.
  • Logo design.
  • It's really hard to figure out how do use without some training.
  • Even though I use it on a daily basis I still have things to learn.
  • It's not as user-friendly as I would like it to be.
  • Industry-standard vector creation. If it can be done, Illustrator does it.
  • Decades of development and user expertise.
  • Seamlessly works with other Adobe Creative Suite applications.
  • As part of Adobe's Creative Suite, there is the cost to consider. There are open and free alternatives if you are willing to make trade-offs.
  • There is quite a learning curve for new users.
  • All of the Creative Suite have similar but slightly different interfaces. It can be a bit jarring at times looking for a tool when you are used to it in a different spot.
Heather Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Vector Illustration. There are a lot of tools present in Adobe Illustrator that give you the freedom to create whatever you're thinking of.
  • Detailed Graph creation. When we need something with more options than Excel to create graphs, Adobe Illustrator has many more options to play with.
  • Pasteboard freedom. When working on a project that has multiple sizes and iterations that are needed, it's possible to create all the different pasteboard sizes in one file. There's no need to create 15 separate files for 15 differently-sized web graphics, simply duplicate, resize, and export all within one file.
  • Huge Learning Curve. I've been using Adobe Illustrator for over 10 years and there are still things I don't know how to do and need to look up tutorials for. The information you need is all out there, but you definitely have to take the initiative to learn those intricacies yourself.
  • Doesn't always give the desired result. Sometimes I'll try to create something, and I implement my plan, but some shape wasn't fully closed, or there was a clipping mask somewhere I wasn't aware of, and suddenly it won't do what I want. It can be frustrating when trying to create something quickly and coming up on a brick wall like that.
  • Keyboard commands don't line up with other Adobe programs. Since I alternate between InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop quite frequently, I tend to have different keyboard commands memorized. But there are certain commands that InDesign has, that Illustrator uses for a completely different tool. It can be frustrating and I feel like I always have to relearn what I had memorized.
  • Great for creating simple and very complex graphics.
  • Very diverse when it come to what can be created.
  • Connects and works well with other Adobe apps.
  • Love the ability to save assets, colors, fonts, etc.
  • Love the Adobe Typekit integration for getting new fonts.
  • The ability to easily use bullets and numbers would be a life saver.
  • I wish we could pay a little more to add another device to our account. Currently the subscription is good for two devices at once. We have two computers in our office that use Adobe and I also use it on my laptop from home. I am constantly having to log out of another device to access it from another device.
  • I wish I could save doc settings the same way I can in Photoshop when creating a new document.
  • Compatibility with other Adobe products.
  • Familiar interface that is used for many years.
  • Many other users worldwide make[s] it easy to share files for editing.
  • Software itself is resource demanding.
  • Many extra features required more plugins.
  • File size tends to become larger for newer versions.
  • Creation of vibrant engaging documents to generate interest.
  • Illustrator is tough to master, but fun to learn with some fantastic results.
  • Creative Cloud platform provides regular updates to keep everything running smoothly versus the yearly updates previously offered.
  • It's tough to master. If you haven't used Adobe products like Photoshop or Illustrator before, there is a lot to take in.
  • It would be great to have some better options to preview the final product if you're creating a multiple page document.
  • Better integration and pricing points with Adobe Stock for the useful stock images to complete your projects.
May 21, 2021

Get Illustrated!

• Ability to create high end vector graphics.
  • Ability to edit purchased graphics and tailor them to your specific needs.
  • Ability to import non-vector images or graphics and convert them to vector.
  • The biggest challenge with Adobe Illustrator CC is that it does take time to learn. There is so much you can do that it can be overwhelming without proper training.
  • For my use, Adobe Illustrator CC has all I need.