Adobe offers their video editing platform Adobe Premiere Pro, supporting video and audio editing as well as VR presentations, available as part of the company's Creative Cloud suite or as a standalone application.Even modest video production ambitions can gain a pro polish with Premiere ProI have been using Adobe Premiere Pro to edit videos for both internal communications and social media use. I've used it to edit together candid clips of employees receiving awards and used it lift bits and pieces from archival videos for use in new ones. As a public information officer (a department of one), I am the only Premiere user in our company. This is a powerful program that has allowed me to achieve high-quality videos for both informational and entertainment purposes. The videos have been very well received by those I work with.,Our company has a long, rich history which includes a lot of archival videos from a dozen or more years ago. With Premiere, I have been able to easily lift relevant segments from these older videos to be used in newer videos. I don't know how I would have achieved this without Premiere Pro. I am not a seasoned expert in the realm of video editing. While Premiere can be a bit overwhelming to a newbie at first, it does seem to offer every option and setting I could imagine. With a little research, I was able to figure out exactly what I needed, all of which was easily navigable through Premiere Pro. I consider Premiere to be my ultimate translator. I was able to take video clips shot on various devices, using disparate settings, and assimilate them into a seamless final product. I don't know much about codecs and frame rates, but with Premiere, it turns out I didn't need to know much for my purposes.,I imagine that a lot of work has gone into the UI for this program, but I still have to wonder whether or not it could be any more beginner-friendly. It takes me a few minutes to get my bearings when I start a new project. The UI isn't terrible, but I guess that's why this is the "Pro" version. The workflow took me a while to get used to. Is it confusing? For me, it was. It seems like there is one panel too many. I imagine there is some science behind it, but to me, it's a bit crowded visually noisy. Perhaps it makes perfect sense to those who use this program to directly earn a living.,8,Adobe hasn't had a direct impact on our company's ROI. It has been used for videos disseminated internally or through social media. It has been a communication tool. While we don't look to Premiere Pro to be a money-maker, it has raised the bar and ambition of our video-related projects, which could have the knock-on effect of giving us an image boost in the long run.,Media Composer and iMovie,Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Microsoft Office 365, LinkedIn Publishing Platform, CanvaA Bit Of A Learning Curve, But The Best Platform For Video EditingI have been using Adobe Premiere Pro for the last several years to create and edit content for radio (web promotions), television, newspaper (web promotions) and most recently technical learning. Most recently in technical learning, I have been using it to create content to promote our e-learning streaming platform with videos intended for social media and Youtube.,It's an all-encompassing platform for video content creators. I've never needed come across a time where I needed a feature present and it wasn't there. Premiere pro's ability to easily edit not only video but audio in many capacities is especially helpful. It's nice not to have to go into Audition for slight audio changes. The quality of videos produced in Premiere, even by non-professionals is very impressive. It's very possible to create professional commercial grade promotions with this program.,There is quite a bit of a learning curve when it comes to learning Premiere Pro. I definitely suggest reading up on the basics or taking a starter class because muddling my first year through the platform without any assistance was hard and involved quite a bit of trial and error. The platform itself is large, so much so that it takes up a good chunk of my hard drive. You will also need space for the Media Encoder and all your files. Keep this in mind especially if you have other Creative Cloud applications installed.,9,Premiere Pro has helped us create more engaging content for our social platforms and YouTube channel, increasing user engagement, likes, and shares. Having this platform also has saved us money on hiring agencies, as we can produce our own small promos and videos without having to hire them out and waiting long lead times.,Final Cut Pro X,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC, Facebook for BusinessThe best option for serious video editingAdobe Premiere Pro is being used by select individuals in our organization for video editing as part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software. I personally use it to edit training videos for my department. It has been my go-to program for video editing. It allows me to edit the videos we shoot at a fraction of the cost compared to outsourcing the work.,Tight integration with other Adobe programs. I specifically use it together with Adobe Audition and After Effects. There is a seamless transition between the programs, which makes rapid editing possible. State of the art editing tools that have become the industry standard. Almost everything can be done within the program for above average edits. Storefront of video assets that are accessible within the program. Some are free, while others cost a small fee for use.,Confusing interface for newcomers. Adobe attempts to ease users in with some video tutorials, but it is a pro-level application. Resource hog. Things can slow down, even with a powerful computer. Would like to see it optimized more. Additional export options. Premiere Pro has several export options, but there are some holes in their pre-configured list.,9,Outsourcing video editing is very expensive. We have saved tens of thousands of dollars by doing some of our editing in-house. Especially for training materials that are internal facing. Once a user is familiar with Premiere Pro, time required to create a quality video is lowered. When combined with other Adobe Creative Cloud products, the quality of videos has increased.,Camtasia,Adobe Photoshop, Snagit, Articulate Storyline, Microsoft 365 BusinessThe Industry Standard in Video EditingAs the Audio/Visual coordinator for a multi-campus church, video editing has become an essential step in our workflow in distributing our video materials across all campuses and online. Adobe Premiere has provided our A/V team with the tools needed to produce our weekly sermon and video materials in a timely manner with quick turnarounds while maintaining high-quality production value.,Editing Tools and Utilities — Compared to other editing software, Adobe Premiere provides utilities and editing tools allowing the editor to manipulate footage, audio, and images in a way they best see fit for the production. These utilities include in-depth color correction tools, audio production utilities, and production templates. Streamlined Adobe Interface and Functionality — As an avid user of multiple Adobe software, Premiere utilizes a similar user interface across all of its products. Users familiar with one Adobe software (such as Photoshop) can easily figure out how some tools and functions work solely from their previous experience. Premiere also supports integration with other Adobe software, providing the user the ability to import file formats from other Adobe products and maintain the ability to edit / adjust files after import as needed. Regular Updates/Support — As part of the Adobe Creative Cloud, Premiere is regularly updated with new tools, features, and functions to assist video editors with their workflow. Software is well tested prior to release, ensuring bugs and glitches are minimal. When any issues are discovered, Adobe is typically quick to release patches and updates to remedy issues.,Creative Cloud Subscription Service — Premiere is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription service. This means that software is not a one-time purchase, but rather part of on-going pay-to-play. Adobe does not offer the ability to purchase software per version which can frustrate users who are not worried about regular updates and would rather make a single software purchase and have access to it for life. Learning Curve — Due to its large selection of tools, utilities, and menus, Premiere can be difficult to just "jump in" and use without prior video editing software experience. Basic production editing can be learned quickly with additional resources (such as YouTube or training courses), but more in-depth functions may take users time to learn to access and use efficiently. Adobe provides some learning resources, but additional free training as part of the Creative Cloud would be beneficial. Additional Preset Templates — Adobe Premiere implemented new templates for lower-thirds, titles, and other graphics in a recent update. However, there are only a select few templates to choose from for each category. It would be nice to have additional templates added in a future update for individuals looking to quickly create without manually creating each aspect of the production.,8,Adobe Premiere has provided a software that allows our audio / visual team to accomplish all that is required in maintaining a multi-campus church organization via distribution of pre-recorded video, for both our PC users and Mac users. When using MacOS across our campuses, we found that Final Cut Pro was a better value for semi-professional video with a single-time purchase that is lower than a single year of Adobe Premiere. This is no longer an option for us as Final Cut Pro is Mac-exclusive (we now primarily use Windows OS).,Final Cut Pro X and iMovie,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC, Google Drive,3,1,Weekly Sermon Video Editing and Distribution Creation of Video Marketing Material (promos, previews) Basic Audio Production Editing and Finalization,Basic Audio Production Direct-to-platform rendering & distribution,Creation of motion graphic supplements for other productions,9Adobe Premiere Pro - if you've got video editing this is the way to go!Adobe Premiere Pro lets you easily create and edit video and tutorials. As part of internal learning development, the tool helps with editing both video and eLearning content and easily integrates with the Adobe Creative Cloud. Outside of work, it's a very easy tool to use for school projects, short videos and other content you wish to share in a more engaging way (more engaging than basic PowerPoint).,Easy to use. integrates well with the entire Adobe Suite. Excellent at work and at home.,None to report - I think it is an excellent tool.,10,Adobe PP has had a positive impact on our internal learning design by letting us easily create tutorials for our employees. The tool is easy to learn and use so no need for lengthy training or courses. A positive ROI was seen immediately. Much more engaging then recording in PowerPoint or Snagit.,Snagit,AppZero, Microsoft 365 Business, Skype for Business (formerly Lync)
Adobe Premiere Pro

Adobe Premiere Pro Reviews

Adobe Premiere Pro
Filter 79 vetted Adobe Premiere Pro reviews and ratings

Anthony Burke profile photo
January 30, 2019

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "Even modest video production ambitions can gain a pro polish with Premiere Pro"

• Our company has a long, rich history which includes a lot of archival videos from a dozen or more years ago. With Premiere, I have been able to easily lift relevant segments from these older videos to be used in newer videos. I don't know how I would have achieved this without Premiere Pro.
  • I am not a seasoned expert in the realm of video editing. While Premiere can be a bit overwhelming to a newbie at first, it does seem to offer every option and setting I could imagine. With a little research, I was able to figure out exactly what I needed, all of which was easily navigable through Premiere Pro.
  • I consider Premiere to be my ultimate translator. I was able to take video clips shot on various devices, using disparate settings, and assimilate them into a seamless final product. I don't know much about codecs and frame rates, but with Premiere, it turns out I didn't need to know much for my purposes.
  • I imagine that a lot of work has gone into the UI for this program, but I still have to wonder whether or not it could be any more beginner-friendly. It takes me a few minutes to get my bearings when I start a new project. The UI isn't terrible, but I guess that's why this is the "Pro" version.
  • The workflow took me a while to get used to. Is it confusing? For me, it was. It seems like there is one panel too many. I imagine there is some science behind it, but to me, it's a bit crowded visually noisy. Perhaps it makes perfect sense to those who use this program to directly earn a living.
Well, Adobe Premiere Pro is all about video editing. I've dabbled with Avid (5+ years ago) and some less-intensive programs. Premiere Pro seems to be able to handle any and all projects. My uses have been fairly low-key: editing sketches together for entertainment and company luncheon; editing clips of employees receiving awards, etc. It's become part of my job, but not necessarily an essential part, and Premiere Pro has performed admirably. In my limited experience, it does allow certain things that the less-intensive programs do not (such as assimilating video from different eras, devices, qualities, etc.).
Read Anthony Burke's full review
Brittany Goodman profile photo
January 07, 2019

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "A Bit Of A Learning Curve, But The Best Platform For Video Editing"

• It's an all-encompassing platform for video content creators. I've never needed come across a time where I needed a feature present and it wasn't there.
  • Premiere pro's ability to easily edit not only video but audio in many capacities is especially helpful. It's nice not to have to go into Audition for slight audio changes.
  • The quality of videos produced in Premiere, even by non-professionals is very impressive. It's very possible to create professional commercial grade promotions with this program.
  • There is quite a bit of a learning curve when it comes to learning Premiere Pro. I definitely suggest reading up on the basics or taking a starter class because muddling my first year through the platform without any assistance was hard and involved quite a bit of trial and error.
  • The platform itself is large, so much so that it takes up a good chunk of my hard drive. You will also need space for the Media Encoder and all your files. Keep this in mind especially if you have other Creative Cloud applications installed.
Premiere Pro is especially helpful for those with a basic knowledge of video creation, who want to make professional grade video content without having to rely on an agency. As someone who does marketing for the companies I work for, as well as occasionally freelancing, I find that Premiere Pro really fits my needs nicely. I wouldn't necessarily suggest it for someone just starting out in editing, at least not without some additional learning first.
Read Brittany Goodman's full review
Jamie Drahos profile photo
January 02, 2019

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "The best option for serious video editing"

• Tight integration with other Adobe programs. I specifically use it together with Adobe Audition and After Effects. There is a seamless transition between the programs, which makes rapid editing possible.
  • State of the art editing tools that have become the industry standard. Almost everything can be done within the program for above average edits.
  • Storefront of video assets that are accessible within the program. Some are free, while others cost a small fee for use.
  • Confusing interface for newcomers. Adobe attempts to ease users in with some video tutorials, but it is a pro-level application.
  • Resource hog. Things can slow down, even with a powerful computer. Would like to see it optimized more.
  • Additional export options. Premiere Pro has several export options, but there are some holes in their pre-configured list.
I will always recommend Premiere Pro to a colleague that is serious about video editing and has a strong technical background, or is willing to put in the time to learn. Because of the ongoing license, they should also be in need of the software for more than a single project. There are other options out there if none of these are applicable to them.
Read Jamie Drahos's full review
Dan Talvi profile photo
November 01, 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "The Industry Standard in Video Editing"

• Editing Tools and Utilities — Compared to other editing software, Adobe Premiere provides utilities and editing tools allowing the editor to manipulate footage, audio, and images in a way they best see fit for the production. These utilities include in-depth color correction tools, audio production utilities, and production templates.
  • Streamlined Adobe Interface and Functionality — As an avid user of multiple Adobe software, Premiere utilizes a similar user interface across all of its products. Users familiar with one Adobe software (such as Photoshop) can easily figure out how some tools and functions work solely from their previous experience. Premiere also supports integration with other Adobe software, providing the user the ability to import file formats from other Adobe products and maintain the ability to edit / adjust files after import as needed.
  • Regular Updates/Support — As part of the Adobe Creative Cloud, Premiere is regularly updated with new tools, features, and functions to assist video editors with their workflow. Software is well tested prior to release, ensuring bugs and glitches are minimal. When any issues are discovered, Adobe is typically quick to release patches and updates to remedy issues.
  • Creative Cloud Subscription Service — Premiere is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription service. This means that software is not a one-time purchase, but rather part of on-going pay-to-play. Adobe does not offer the ability to purchase software per version which can frustrate users who are not worried about regular updates and would rather make a single software purchase and have access to it for life.
  • Learning Curve — Due to its large selection of tools, utilities, and menus, Premiere can be difficult to just "jump in" and use without prior video editing software experience. Basic production editing can be learned quickly with additional resources (such as YouTube or training courses), but more in-depth functions may take users time to learn to access and use efficiently. Adobe provides some learning resources, but additional free training as part of the Creative Cloud would be beneficial.
  • Additional Preset Templates — Adobe Premiere implemented new templates for lower-thirds, titles, and other graphics in a recent update. However, there are only a select few templates to choose from for each category. It would be nice to have additional templates added in a future update for individuals looking to quickly create without manually creating each aspect of the production.
Adobe Premiere is perfect for the semi-professional or professional video editor. For our church, we produce weekly sermons for YouTube with embedded graphics, video clips for reference, and music, with Premiere being the only suitable software (on PC) that allows us to accomplish this at a high-quality, professional level. Premiere may also be suitable for individuals new to video editing if they are doing so looking to learn, as Premiere provides plenty of growing room. Casual video editors may be better suited with a less intensive, friendlier video editing software.
Read Dan Talvi's full review
Susan Knolla profile photo
February 13, 2019

Review: "Adobe Premiere Pro - if you've got video editing this is the way to go!"

• Easy to use.
  • integrates well with the entire Adobe Suite.
  • Excellent at work and at home.
  • None to report - I think it is an excellent tool.
It is well suited for short videos of any content type, testimonials, and voice-overs for a task or PR of a product or service. Adding audio to a basic Powerpoint presentation in a more engaging and attention-getting way. Short training tutorials that can be shared around an organization. Completing school projects where video evidence is needed or beneficial e.g. an outcome of an experiment.
Read Susan Knolla's full review
Mark Nowowiejski profile photo
January 02, 2019

Review: "Adobe Premiere Pro is THE Standard for professional video editing and more"

Adobe Premiere is our 'go-to' software for all post-production editing of videos shot for our online courses, marketing materials, and workshops. We use it not only for cleaning up shots but also for introducing third-party b-roll footage and creating & importing special effects and typography often integrating with other members of the Adobe Creative Cloud such as After Effects and Audition.

We often use the chroma key feature to introduce virtual backgrounds and the capture feature to record directly the software from our studio cameras.
  • Very stable programs, files don't corrupt when supporting files' links become broken
  • Tons of features and filters that can be easily implemented, similar to photoshop
  • High-level control of animations with easing and keyframes
  • Superb integration with the rest of Adobe Suite
  • Solid rendering times, bulk rendering feature especially helpful when working on large projects
  • I would like to see it integrate with a cloud-based video review systems like Wipster, Vimeo or Frame i/o
  • This is a difficult program to use, so end users should have advanced knowledge of multimedia, video production or graphic design. Need a 'light' version for novice/non-techy end users
  • As with most video programs, the rendering time can always be improved. Adobe Premiere does a solid job, but it typically monopolizes your machine's RAM and you can't do much else while a render is underway
Adobe Premiere is best suited for high-level/commercial video editing and post-production enhancement. While you could certainly use it for videos shot on a phone or handy cam, it would be a bit of overkill. That type of stuff could easily be done in iMovie or Window Media Maker etc.

Adobe Premiere is really not appropriate for screen-top or lecture capture (powerpoint or excel walkthrus). Again, it can technically do the job, but you would be better off using something like Camtasia or Google loom, especially if the user is not professionally trained or highly tech-savvy.
Read Mark Nowowiejski's full review
Miguel Brito profile photo
November 29, 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "The problems that this solves are simple: It helps us to provide a better service"

We are a company that provides services for events and contact with the customer is very important for us. I am part of the marketing team, and we use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit videos for people who hire our service.

The team that uses it is the marketing and communications team. The marketing team uses it when clients ask us to make a video for someone. Many times we are hired to encourage a wedding, or a birthday, and customers usually ask us to pay tribute to someone in particular. We edit the video together with the client, which makes whoever hires us feel part of our team and creates a good work climate. Also when we finish our work, we send a souvenir video for our clients where we put the best moments of the celebration.

The problems that this solves are simple: It helps us to provide a better service, customers are satisfied and we give a gift (the video) which makes the customer loyal and [they] call us again and sales increase.

• Adobe Premiere allows you to work with more codecs, which means that the software is always updated and has the best tools.
  • The sound quality that this program offers for the videos is excellent. The sound is very good quality and clear.
  • The program every time it is updated is better. It becomes more stable and secure.
  • Adobe Acrobat is a program that is not difficult to use, but it is not easy either. I think the program should have a help area which could clear up some doubts.
  • I am a believer that the programs must have an unlimited free version. The free version of this program lasts only 7 days and then you must pay to use it. I understand that the income of this company comes from the sales of its programs, but, it would be good to have a free version that does not have so many tools and that enamors and drives potential customers to buy the product.
If you want to make a good video, with a great design that will help you surprise the public, this program will help you, because it has a lot of plug-ins and tools that, practically, will do the work for you.

Now, we repeat the above: This program is not necessary if you want to make a video with a simple design. It has many tools to waste in a simple video.
Read Miguel Brito's full review
Ai Ashe profile photo
November 14, 2018

User Review: "Adobe Premiere Pro"

Adobe Premiere Pro is being used in my digital animation class as a post compositing tool. Students create animations and export them as movie files. They are then placed in Premiere where sound/music, title, etc. are added. I also use Adobe Premiere Pro to create the annual Animation Show for our school division.
  • Interface is user friendly and Adobe provides a variety of helpful resources for anyone who wishes to learn the program.
  • A variety of export formats are provided.
  • Adobe Premiere Pro, along with other Adobe products, allows you to collaborate and work with others on projects.
  • Ability to customize the interface according to your needs and purpose.
  • Honestly, I personally have little to no difficulties with working in Adobe Premiere Pro. Like I've mentioned before the interface is pretty straightforward and the tools are grouped in windows that are customizable. What I do hope is that Adobe will continue to provide free learning videos to all.
  • Subscription....It can be pretty pricey. As an educator, I'm lucky that my school division provided this tool for my students and I. However, there are a lot of school divisions that may not be able to afford this. I wish Adobe would consider a free license to all educators and students; like Autodesk Maya. This will enable my students to continue to work on their projects at home.
It is suitable for any digital media, audio and video productions. Videos created can be incorporated in presentations to enhance an idea or a program. It may be less appropriate in situations where visuals are not important in learning.
Read Ai Ashe's full review
Raphael Sanguinete profile photo
October 17, 2018

Review: "Adobe Premiere Pro has the best workflow and user interface"

In Rebuliço many of our projects have audiovisual related needs. We work with music (and make music videos for our artists), we work with events (and make coverage videos of them), we work with games (and make video trailers for them), and finally, we work with movies (short films). So Adobe Premiere Pro is an essential tool for us and for our workflow.
  • Adobe Premiere Pro is getting better each day. It's more reliable and stable now than ever, and when you work with 4K clips with not soooo good computers, these behind the scenes improvements are essential.
  • We use many apps from the Adobe CC suite in our workflow, and every Adobe product has good integration with the others, facilitating the workflow and saving time.
  • I've used other video editing software, and for me, the interface and usability of Premiere is the best one.
  • Adobe could improve the plugin integrations because we had some problems with some of them and today the third party plugins are an important part of the Premiere universe.
  • For some types of video related needs, Adobe Premiere can be "too much", with too many features and great usage of resources. So, if you have simple needs, maybe other tools can work better.
  • It's not so easy to teach and train our new collaborators.
Adobe Premiere Pro is well suited for people or companies that have complex needs for video editing and for those who already are using other software from the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. For those who already know how to get around Photoshop, After Effects or Illustrator, the learning curve will be less aggressive. It's not so recommended for light video editing needs, that you probably can accomplish the same goals in less complex and less expansive products.
Read Raphael Sanguinete's full review
Patrick Meyer profile photo
September 07, 2018

Review: "Adobe Premiere Pro: Seriously Powerful Professional Editing"

Part of our extended marketing and branding includes an educational YouTube channel where we discuss the wine industry with prominent winemakers, producers, distributors, and dignitaries from around the world in an interview-like setting. We use Adobe Premier Pro in our creative department to edit all of our programming for this channel. We have found it to be in line with top industry standards when it comes to professional/pro-sumer level editing software. It provides us the ability to quickly create and render professional grade content.
  • Fast, organized editing that handles multiple production levels whether they are involved or simple.
  • Very intuitive user interface which has evolved over the years to really accommodate the needs of modern editing styles.
  • Render times (depending on hardware) are lightning fast which will ensure that we meet deadlines without issue
  • I wish Adobe would come up with a way to share projects more easily with a team. Project management and team collaboration would be a very cool feature.
  • Lots of updates rolling out frequently causes for some crashing issues sometimes. Both a good and a slightly annoying thing at the same time.
  • Adobe's subscription based pay structure.
This is an extremely powerful product that is built for professionals that have extensive editing background and knowledge of the depth of its tools. This being said, it can be very difficult for businesses or individuals of different backgrounds to learn to use this software right away. Perhaps if a company does not staff a creative team or someone who has film/editing experience, they would be better seeking out something more basic to fulfill their need.
Read Patrick Meyer's full review
Paul Weber profile photo
August 30, 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "Powerful enough to be worth the cost"

We use and support Adobe Premiere Pro for internal and external projects. Mainly it is used by students in support of assigned academic projects, but it is also used by student hobbyists and entrepreneurs. Faculty use mainly focuses on larger personal projects rather than use within the classroom, or on content that is delivered to students as part of a class. Staff use falls in the middle, with some hobby use but also some use for projects related to their duties at the university.
  • Accepting any type of media
  • Has all the tools you could want for any editing job
  • Passes work between other Adobe programs seamlessly
  • Changing or removing features can be frustrating - like the move from a standard color correction workflow with minimal tools in the NLE and a standalone grading software to the in-between of the Lumetri panel
  • Updates can be risky, and sometimes come with more bugs than they're worth
  • Some elements of the UI, such as highlight colors/categories are not visible enough to be useful, and too complicated to bother with
Premiere Pro is great for anyone looking to push the limits of editing. It is no more difficult to learn than other NLEs, but has the power to meet the needs of almost any project. Those who may want to avoid it are the one time or rare use individuals where the cost doesn't bring enough benefit.
Read Paul Weber's full review
Leonardo Barbosa Corrêa profile photo
November 19, 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "Perfect video software for beginners or experts"

It is used only by my department. I use it for editing and publishing videos from meetings and lectures. The association for which work performs many meetings and seminars and it is necessary to make a smaller version with the most important points. I can quickly cut and upload a video to the company channel on YouTube.
  • Intuitive interface.
  • Professional results.
  • Accessible for beginners.
  • I find it a bit confusing to open a file from scratch. The initial settings are not very clear.
I find it the best tool for cuting digital videos. Especialy for begginers. You can achieve realy pro results with low knowledge. The basic tools are really intuitive and easy to use. It has specific export settings for Vimeo, YouTube an mobile. It is less appropriate for crating effects. The best tool for this is to work in parallel with Adobe After Effects.
Read Leonardo Barbosa Corrêa's full review
January 04, 2019

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "It can pretty much do it all. The question is, do you know how to use it?"

While our organization doesn't do much in-house video, it was heavily used by our previous video producer. Currently, I use it in marketing to produce short videos, both for internal use (such as promoting optional professional development offerings at my company, or trainings for our sales team) and external use (minor video projects for social media, product demos, etc.).

That said, it's a VERY full-featured program that isn't something most people will find easy to just pick up without a course or at least a book to work through. Just because we're currently using it for relatively simple projects doesn't mean it can't handle the big stuff.

Video is a key part of any marketer's toolkit -- it has never been more important to communicate clearly, powerfully, and visually at a time when we're competing with not only shorter attention spans but also a firehose of content from competitors and distractions on social media. Adobe Premiere Pro lets us craft videos carefully and polish them to compete with anything else out there.
  • One thing I love about Adobe Premiere Pro (and indeed most Adobe products) is that it integrates so beautifully with the rest of the Adobe platform. Want to edit an audio track in Audition? No problem. Looking to work on still shots in Photoshop? Easy. Pull in work from Illustrator or After Effects? That's easily done also.
  • As mentioned before, Adobe Premiere Pro is very full-featured. While I cannot compare to what Avid or Final Cut offers (never having used them), Premiere Pro provides a far more extensive set of tools than most video editors will ever need. Color grading, effects, transitions, editing in a myriad of formats -- I have yet to find something I needed that Premiere Pro could not do.
  • I appreciate that the organization in Premiere Pro is flexible. Compared to, say, iMovie, which pretty much puts all your clips and files into one big bucket, Premiere Pro lets you choose exactly how you organize all of your stills, clips, audio tracks, titles, etc. if you're so inclined (and given how complex a large video project can be, I hope you're so inclined).
  • All those features are a bit of a double-edged sword. As is frequently a criticism with Adobe products, the learning curve is steep. But that's the nature of the beast with professional-level software.
  • There have been many times when I've gone to tweak the volume levels of a clip or a track using keyframes, only to find that some setting has disabled keyframes for audio tracks. This has resulted in needing to search online for a way to re-enable the keyframes. It's not a bug -- this is a clear choice by Adobe as they want to help make sure you don't make dumb mistakes after having invested a lot of time in a complex project, but I have still found it annoying.
  • One of the pros (flexibility in organization) can also be a con -- I would love to see Adobe encourage MORE organization right from the start, as often I'll start a project and then realize "Oh my goodness, I have to do a ton of cleanup here in order to keep 100's of files straight."
Great for people with a decent knowledge of video editing who already understand the basics, but it's not quite as well-suited for those who may be beginners. I have used Premiere Pro for projects ranging from 30 seconds long to an hour plus. It handles anything I can throw at it. But (aside from simple resizing or exporting a clip to a different format) almost anything I do in Premiere Pro takes a decent amount of setup.
December 03, 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "Premiere Pro for Professional Video Editing"

I have used Premiere Pro for the past 10 years or so to edit videos for clients, as an owner of a marketing company, and now as an owner of my own fishing lure business. There are a few other choices for video editing, such as Final Cut Pro and Avid, but the integrations with other Adobe products makes Premiere Pro my goto.
  • The seamless integration with After Effects makes it simple to import After effects projects directly to your project library.
  • I really like the ability to edit audio directly, either through an integration with Audition or directly in Premiere Pro.
  • The export features make it easy to export your sequences or project to any format you need.
  • Premiere Pro could use a little more robust effects. Jumping back and forth with After Effects can be time-consuming.
  • The keying features are nice when working with green screens, but take a lot of tweaking to get right.
Basic video editing for most people seems to be a real enigma. Premiere Pro is best suited for somebody with a background in other Adobe products, such as Photoshop or Illustrator. Most people will likely get lost in the abundance of features and functionality within Premiere Pro.
November 29, 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "Working on Adobe Premiere to boost our digital marketing"

Our team started using Adobe Premiere(AP) back in 2015 as part of our digital marketing transformation.

As social media marketing is part of our core strategy, we realized early on that video was an essential part to reach our target audience and we quickly found out that adobe creative suite (which includes Adobe Premiere) was a perfect fit for us.

AP allowed us to quickly combine video shots, add music tracks and transitions in ease. The team then started experimenting with creating custom transitions and effects, and as we started including both Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Aftereffects into our work schedule, we loved how the all the Adobe creative suite applications work beautifully together ( especially premiere and Aftereffects).

We could easily work on both applications simultaneously to produce high-quality promotional content and any edits done on one application would be directly applied on the open project in the other app.

We produced many promotional videos for YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. And we’ve created multiple templates that allowed us to produce speed up the work on our intros, outro and the themes for our social media series.

• Integrates smoothly with other Adobe Creative apps, especially Aftereffects
  • Robust and powerful and can produce Cinema-like intros, outros, headlines, etc...
  • Can execute both simple tasks and complex ones
  • Adobe listens to to the users feedback and releases updates regurlarly
  • Adobe Premiere has a steep learning curve if you are not familiar with video editing software or the interface of the adobe creative suite.
  • It would take a beginner sometime to grasp the basics and there are some other software and mobile apps that can do the same basics with less hassle, some are even produced by Adobe such as Adobe premiere rush and the adobe elements suite (also contains adobe photoshop elements)
  • It can be quite pricey for beginners to purchase and learn on.
Well suited for creating social media videos to be used on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, creating the company's promotional videos, creating beautiful intros and outros templates to be used within our company videos.
February 10, 2019

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "The Most Robust & Flexible Editing Tool Today"

Anyone doing video work at our company uses Premiere. It's a foundational tool for creative projects we work on. Not only is it a robust editing platform that is flexible, powerful, and easy to use, but it also integrates so well with the rest of Adobe's products—from After Effects to Audition, and Photoshop to Illustrator.
  • Integrates very well with the rest of Adobe's products (After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
  • Provides robust editing tools in a modern platform—Premiere can do most everything that non-linear editing systems are needed for; however, Premiere often feels like it adapts far more often than many NLE competitors, allowing you to use a wide variety of file formats, resolutions, etc.
  • Easy to use and learn—I view Premiere as the sweet of being incredibly powerful while not being too complicated to learn. I've found it quite easy to train and onboard new users of all levels—whether seasoned editors or colleagues who are just learning how to edit for the first time.
  • Premiere tends to be buggy, particularly when new releases roll out. It can be very frustrating to get far along in a project only to encounter a bug that prevents you from using a tool or file format you need to. Rolling back to previous versions is possible but gets messy.
  • Subscription to the Creative Cloud: I don't mind this in a professional setting, but it can get very pricey for a casual user
  • Can be pretty resource heavy, however, that's the nature of most any NLE that is powerful
Premiere is particularly well suited for video editors who want a robust and flexible editing platform that doesn't limit their ideas—if you can dream it, you can quite often create it using Premiere alongside the rest of Adobe's tools. It's also great for collaborative teams who rely heavily on the rest of Adobe's products. All that being said, if you're someone who doesn't have any editing experience and is only looking to do basic editing projects once or twice a year, I'm not sure Premiere is the best tool for you.
November 28, 2018

User Review: "Adobe Premiere Pro is right for you"

We used Adobe Premiere Pro as our editing software for The Weather Channel Post Production Department for several years now. We handle everything from short-form daily news content, to ads, to long-form docs. to original digital content. It works seamlessly with other platforms that we also use such as Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
  • The transition from Final Cut Pro to Adobe Premiere Pro isn't difficult.
  • One of the more user-friendly Adobe products.
  • Multiple ways to accomplish the same task so it makes for a good UX experience.
  • The biggest knock I have is stability. After prolonged use, the platform becomes less responsive and often quits.
  • The number of steps you have to go through before you even start editing. In FCP, you can start editing almost immediately.
  • The fonts are too small. The software was made for someone with excellent vision.
We use Adobe Premiere Pro in a professional, post-production department. Yes, there are stability issues but overall it's a good experience. It's also more cost-effective than other systems like Avid.
November 14, 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "Intuitive while creating dynamic and impressive results!"

We compile animations and then post process them in Adobe Premiere Pro. We also add sound bars and transitions and output smaller files for email or larger files for campaigns.
  • Importing file types intuitively. mp4s and JPGs.
  • Filters & transition options, such as multiply to easily and quickly mask out a white background
  • File output options such as vimeo export or for facebook
  • Sometimes if I'm cutting a small frame, it's difficult to grab the frame.
  • If I am working off my desktop, and I move a file, Premiere wants to use that file as a reference. So you have to move all corresponding files together.
  • If I pause a video playback, my play button gets removed. I need to move the timeline indicator to get it back.
We produce high end marketing product animations. Using Premeire we totally transform and bring another dimension of jazz to the experience, via sound, transitions, and even branding it with our company logo.
Sam Jacob Dev profile photo
May 18, 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "Powerful Editing Suite that kicks in full throttle & cross links with your PS or after effects"

When we started the first usage of the premiere was before when Adobe moves into the creative cloud. At that time it was not mature enough and we landed up using another product for our video marketing needs. Later during recent developments of Adobe premiere, the product itself has matured a lot and it has become a very powerful tool with lots of necessary and vast features for video editing. One of the main advantages of using premiere over other product is the ability to cross collaborate with after effects and other software in the Creative Suite.

When we would be working with premiere there were sometimes we need to get some images files and composition from photoshop or after-effects. At that time premiere just cross-linked the necessary files seamlessly. We were able to solve our problems and files are also synced across the various software and even if there were changes in the photoshop we were able to see the changes immediately within premiere.
  • A powerful set of video editing features along with multiple presets
  • Ability to sync files across illustrator, after effects and photoshop
  • Wide Range of color presets and advanced level of color correction.
  • Complex features that are all over the place and not easy for new users
  • Steep learning curve
  • No simple controls for ease of use and understanding
If one is for looking for Advanced video editing right out of the box and also great cross-collaboration between different files involving after-effects and photoshop then this software is very well suited.

If you are just looking for just basic video editing without much-advanced controls for the product and I believe this can be an overkill.
Read Sam Jacob Dev's full review
Danny Wood profile photo
May 16, 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "Premiere Pro is the premiere video editing software"

We use Adobe Premiere Pro in the training department of the bank. I believe the marketing department uses it occasionally as well, but that's it. We use it to edit training videos to be used in classroom training as well as online training. I use it often for personal use as well.
  • I love the work flow ease. Once you get comfortable in the program and learn some shortcuts, you can edit videos very quickly.
  • Premiere is extremely powerful and has so many bells and whistles that I don't currently use but I know that they are there for when I do need them.
  • I really like the layout of the timeline and the ability to customize your workspace and save it. So I only see what I want and what I use instead of being distracted by a bunch of panels that I never use.
  • Maybe they could provide some more easier-to-use effects in their presets library.
  • I don't have any other cons that I can think of.
It is well suited for any kind of video editing, whether that's professional use or making a meme. I use it for editing training videos of scenarios. For example taking the videos from two camera angles of a staged scenario and editing the two clips together. I also use Premiere to edit music videos that I record in my spare time.
Read Danny Wood's full review
Chris Hecox profile photo
April 30, 2018

"Review: Adobe Premiere Pro"

Adobe Premiere Pro is an essential part of daily work for my business.

As the small business owner of a video production company, video editing is my bread and butter. I needed a reasonably cost-effective software that's user-friendly, constantly updated, and powerful enough to produce videos quickly. Premiere Pro does exactly what I need.
  • Premiere Pro is extremely popular, being included in the Creative Cloud Suite. Because of widespread use, it's updated frequently and has plenty of troubleshooting forums and online discussions to search for issues and understanding the software. Frequent updates can also have cons, but for the most part, new features become welcome changes and bugs are fixed relatively quickly.
  • Premiere Pro is fairly easy to learn and makes for an excellent professional editing software or a great learning tool for new editors. The interface is simple to navigate and one can organize windows to their own preferences. Video editing becomes somewhat intuitive after repeated use of the software, simply due to how familiar Premiere Pro feels as one spends more time with it.
  • Premiere Pro offers many options for accomplishing your editing goals. Different editors prefer to cut sequences together using varying methods. Some might use the trim clip editor, while others would rather use the razor blade to cut clips. Some editors might use (.) to insert clips into a timeline, while others might use in and out points. The plethora of options at your fingertips makes Premiere Pro approachable and leaves lots of room for editors to define their own personal workflow.
  • As I've mentioned, frequent updates can carry negative consequences. Some newer features don't seem to be particularly well-developed or even tested. The new-ish "text tool" is a welcome change from the original "title editor," but it feels incomplete and lacking. The Team Projects feature has led to the loss of a full day of editing work, which made an already tight deadline even worse. Converting sequence files into After Effects compositions can be sort of buggy. These are specifics, but of course, there are instances of tried and true features which randomly become broken upon updating. These are typical software development headaches, but it happens from time to time.
  • I'd once heard Adobe chooses to compete for their development teams against one another instead of cohesively collaborate. I've no source on this other than gabbing with co-workers who'd visited an Adobe office at one point, but the more I've used Adobe software, the more I believe this to be true. Some Adobe programs use different keyboard shortcuts to accomplish the same command. Sometimes .psd and .ai files don't play well in Premiere. All other programs allow holding spacebar + hold left mouse button to scan around your image (or in this case, program monitor), but for some reason, Premiere doesn't support this same functionality. Why can't I scroll into the program monitor to zoom into the image? Instead, I have to click and select a zoom, then I have to use scroll bars to position the monitor onto the desired part of an image. It's frustrating and causes more trouble than good.
  • I'm appreciative of the options I have in Premiere Pro, but other Adobe programs do different things better. Of course Illustrator is great for design and illustration, and of course, I can't expect Premiere to run similar keyframed motion like After Effects. It would be great to have basic motion blur functionality, or a streamlined shape layer editor, or maybe a mask editor that didn't automatically apply a feathering to each mask I create.
Anyone hoping to move up from the ranks of "home movie" editor should probably bite the bullet to use Premiere Pro. I'm too unfamiliar with other comparable software (Sony Vegas?), and can basically never make the recommendation to use anything else, especially when a Creative Cloud membership nets you the slew of Adobe products. It's practically essential to have access to all of these programs.

If you are just editing a few fast videos for friends or never intend on making money with video editing, Premiere Pro is probably a luxury and not worth the money.
Read Chris Hecox's full review
Chris Bloom profile photo
May 23, 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "Premiere Pro's a Great Tool"

I use Premiere to make videos for training and/or marketing purposes. Our audience includes both internal employees and external audiences. I believe it's being used in other parts of the organization (although our Creative Team uses Final Cut Pro), but I use it in the Channel Enablement Dept for our videos.
  • Very powerful program. I haven't come across anything that it doesn't do well in terms of video editing. As long as you have big enough monitors, you can customize the look for whatever works best in your editing environment.
  • It integrates well with other Adobe programs, such as Audition, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
  • Being a part of the Creative Cloud, it's good not to have to pay a separate subscription price for it.
  • It has a steeper learning curve than some other more basic programs (iMovie, for example). And when first starting, the UI isn't the most intuitive. It could be intimidating for the beginner until you get used to it.
  • It takes a pretty powerful machine to run the program without hiccups. Lots of drive space, and memory.
  • Sometimes the fact that it can do everything makes it hard to find the tools to do the basics.
Best suited for those looking to do some more advanced video editing. Multiple camera shots, fine-tuning transitions, etc. Because it's part of the CC, it's nice that it's included and integrates well with the rest of the Adobe products. If you don't have larger monitors, or if your computer is not too powerful (budget laptop, for example), it might not be the best solution. Also, if your video needs aren't large, then it might be better to find a simpler editing program.
Read Chris Bloom's full review
Brock Ross profile photo
May 16, 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "Premiere Pro - Powerful and Fun to Use"

Adobe Premiere Pro is used solely by me. A majority of our company's income comes from subscriptions to online classes which are mostly video-based. Premiere Pro allows me to make professional, polished, expectation-exceeding videos for these classes. It is reliable, powerful, and as user-friendly as such a robust application can be. It helps me produce videos whose quality ensures that our existing customers keep coming back, and often share our videos with their social circles.
  • Premiere Pro integrates seamlessly with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite--After Effects, Photoshop, etc. I've done videos where I needed to collaborate with a graphic designer who'd made graphics in Photoshop. Having their separate layers import straight into my video was massively helpful and efficient.
  • Premiere Pro is great at working with a variety of media. I can gather audio and video footage from multiple sources (phones, cameras, webcams, screen captures, etc), and 99% of the time I can natively edit it into a single sequence without any hiccups.
  • Premiere Pro is not only fast and powerful on a high-end computer, but is easy to configure for efficiency on a lower-performance computer. Being able to edit video at 1/2 or 1/4 resolution has often provided a quick solution to editing on a slow computer (or through a slow connection, like an older USB 2.0 hard drive).
  • Given the ubiquity of iPhone videos, I'm very surprised Adobe hasn't made updates to Premiere Pro to allow it to manage variable-framerate videos. Videos shot on an iPhone or iPad don't have a fixed framerate like a DSLR camera would (such as 30fps, 60fps, etc). PrPro is not equipped to handle variable framerates, so iPhone MOVs longer than about 2-3 minutes will start to have their video and audio drift out of sync--a painstaking and frustrating problem to fix.
  • I am not a fan of the newer Title tool. It's not intuitive to use, and during my most recent use, it was a little buggy. I still use legacy titles, for the time being.
  • I'd like if Adobe did a better job educating the user about how media caching works. On several occasions I've had my hard drive inexplicably full, only to find after much investigation that some hidden Adobe media cache folder was taking up 80GB of space.
Premiere Pro is reasonably accessible financially, and a wealth of great tutorials are available for free online. If you're making videos which currently provide an income or which you expect to provide an income in the near future, it makes sense to get and learn Premiere Pro. If you're making basic family videos as a hobby, a free or less expensive program that's more simplified would be appropriate.
Read Brock Ross's full review
Lauren Holloway profile photo
May 16, 2018

Review: "Adobe Premiere Pro - Easy to use, great value"

Adobe Premiere Pro is being used by the marketing team at my organization. We currently use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit event videos and create videos for social media and our blog.
  • Ability to create videos of any length and size.
  • Organization of video clips and an easy to use system.
  • Great titles and add music to make your videos as interactive as possible.
  • Import video from multiple sources to edit.
  • With new updates, work spaces are often changing and things can be hard to find.
  • Making certain things more intuitive such as title, color mattes, etc.
  • Render time can be slow.
Adobe Premiere Pro is useful for organization small or large for editing or creating promotional videos.
Read Lauren Holloway's full review
Ali Walton profile photo
August 10, 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro Review: "Premiere's the way to go. Always."

We use Adobe Premiere Pro to create videos for our YouTube channel. Our channel is used for product reviews and content creation to support our products and services.
  • Simple and easy to use layout.
  • Easy, fluid integration with other Adobe products.
  • Professional level editing abilities, but not overly complicated.
  • Sometimes Premiere will crash randomly. My company has not been able to figure out what causes this.
  • CMYK PSDs not compatible.
Honestly, this is probably the best video editing software for any level of editing!!
Read Ali Walton's full review