Adobe Premiere Pro Reviews

Anthony Burke | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

Even modest video production ambitions can gain a pro polish with Premiere Pro

I have been using Adobe Premiere Pro to edit videos for both internal communications and social media use. I've used it to edit together candid clips of employees receiving awards and used it lift bits and pieces from archival videos for use in new ones. As a public information officer (a department of one), I am the only Premiere user in our company. This is a powerful program that has allowed me to achieve high-quality videos for both informational and entertainment purposes. The videos have been very well received by those I work with.
  • Our company has a long, rich history which includes a lot of archival videos from a dozen or more years ago. With Premiere, I have been able to easily lift relevant segments from these older videos to be used in newer videos. I don't know how I would have achieved this without Premiere Pro.
  • I am not a seasoned expert in the realm of video editing. While Premiere can be a bit overwhelming to a newbie at first, it does seem to offer every option and setting I could imagine. With a little research, I was able to figure out exactly what I needed, all of which was easily navigable through Premiere Pro.
  • I consider Premiere to be my ultimate translator. I was able to take video clips shot on various devices, using disparate settings, and assimilate them into a seamless final product. I don't know much about codecs and frame rates, but with Premiere, it turns out I didn't need to know much for my purposes.
  • I imagine that a lot of work has gone into the UI for this program, but I still have to wonder whether or not it could be any more beginner-friendly. It takes me a few minutes to get my bearings when I start a new project. The UI isn't terrible, but I guess that's why this is the "Pro" version.
  • The workflow took me a while to get used to. Is it confusing? For me, it was. It seems like there is one panel too many. I imagine there is some science behind it, but to me, it's a bit crowded visually noisy. Perhaps it makes perfect sense to those who use this program to directly earn a living.
Well, Adobe Premiere Pro is all about video editing. I've dabbled with Avid (5+ years ago) and some less-intensive programs. Premiere Pro seems to be able to handle any and all projects. My uses have been fairly low-key: editing sketches together for entertainment and company luncheon; editing clips of employees receiving awards, etc. It's become part of my job, but not necessarily an essential part, and Premiere Pro has performed admirably. In my limited experience, it does allow certain things that the less-intensive programs do not (such as assimilating video from different eras, devices, qualities, etc.).
Read Anthony Burke's full review
Manan Vora | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 30, 2020

Perfect, All-in-One Video Editing Tool

We use Adobe Premiere Pro in our Marketing and Product Departments to create professional-quality videos for our users. We shoot and record videos across multiple devices and combine them on Adobe Premiere Pro, edit them, add music and voice-overs and export them to high-quality videos. This helps us give out quick videos to market our product across different platforms and create "help" videos to onboard and educate our users.
  • It's easy to collaborate with multiple people with the Adobe Creative Cloud Integration.
  • The variety of tools to edit, fine-tune, and create videos is vast and you don't need any other tools.
  • The external resources available that work with Premiere Pro are great.
  • The tool is fairly easy, yet elaborate.
  • A lite version of the app would be great for quick-edits for videos.
  • Video rendering is relatively slow on a standard computer.
Premiere Pro is perfect for anyone who has a requirement for a professional-quality video. Of all the tools available out there, Premiere Pro is a great and cheap alternative that works across all platforms. Even when you are working across different people and different teams, collaborating on a video creation process is very easy with Premiere Pro. Besides this, there are a ton of pre-set filters, intros, and frames available for you to download and get started with your video creation.
We have only ever had to use their online knowledge base to get answers to all our questions.
Along with what Adobe provides, the user base for Premiere Pro is very large, so there is a lot of information available for free. Any question you might have will have multiple videos and written content to walk you through solving your query.
Read Manan Vora's full review
Emily Giannakas | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Best Video Editing Software

Adobe Premiere Pro is currently only being used by the marketing department, since it is our only creative department. It helps us create new and unique content.
  • Creates Company Slideshows
  • Complete Freedom for Creating Videos
  • Faster encoding times
  • More friendly options for designing on a Mac with a track pad
Because I use Adobe Creative Cloud products on a daily basis for my job, Premiere works so well with the content I create on Illustrator and Photoshop as well. Premiere allows me to create things as simple as a picture slideshow, but then edit a more complex commercial to be broadcast on television. It literally gives you options to have a great video in the end, no matter what type.
Whether I go online to find an answer in a forum or need to contact actual customer support, there are many avenues to find answers and solutions through.
Read Emily Giannakas's full review
Kevin O'Grady | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

We'd be lost without Adobe Premiere Pro!

We use Adobe Premiere Pro every day. We use it across our business for all video work. Before Adobe Premiere Pro, we used some free and some paid video editing programs, and they all worked well in their own right. However, once we got into Adobe Premiere Pro, we found it so much easier and professional at the same time. It helped us accomplish what we couldn't do with the others, which is a streamlined, professional, integrated solution for all our video production.
  • Streamlined
  • Integrated
  • Perhaps a Lite version might help users grasp the program's extensive functionality easier.
  • Understanding the full functionality can be a learning curve.
We love Adobe Premiere Pro for anything to do with video production. We use it for long and short videos, and it handles them efficiently and easily. The short ones render quickly while the long videos take longer, but it is worth the wait. We have seen other video editors on the market that specialize in videos for Internet Marketers, etc., but we prefer to stick with Adobe Premiere Pro.
We have used the support for Adobe Premiere Pro several times and found it second-to-none. They are on top of every issue right away and know their own products inside-out. The support for all the Adobe products is the best we've experienced, and we have no hesitation in recommending this product with confidence to others.
Read Kevin O'Grady's full review
Chris Carpenter | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

Adobe Premiere Pro is just that - Pro. Do it right or do it twice.

Adobe Premiere Pro is being used by our organization in very specific areas to produce and edit videos for training, commercial marketing, product demonstration, internal communication, and external communication. It is used by a handful of creatives as their tool set to create finished pieces primarily for web deployment, either internally or externally.
  • Robust project organization with multiple inputs.
  • Robust clip editing inside of a project.
  • It is a large tool that has a bit of a learning curve.
  • Efficient file storage is a challenge - you need LOTS of memory to use it.
Adobe Premiere Pro is a great tool for integrating with other products in the Adobe Creative Cloud. In particular, integrations with Adobe Premiere Rush have been a very nice addition to scale and rendering speed when the full kit of tools isn't necessarily required. That said, when you need to do it right, there is no other viable option than using the right tool for the job. If you need to do more granular edits, Adobe Premiere Pro is the only real tool for the job.
Adobe is a big animal. I often find that my first search for support is more for tutorials on YouTube than articles within their knowledge base. That's because I learn well that way. I know that Adobe has a great knowledge base and it is only matched or exceeded by the willingness of its ubiquitous users to share their experience. One of the biggest selling points is actually the user base.
Read Chris Carpenter's full review
Nathan Morimitsu | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

Adobe Premiere Pro Puts a Movie Studio on Your Desktop

I use Adobe Premiere Pro to make short promotional videos for our products and services. As a small business, we must present a professional appearance without having to spend a small fortune on video production services, and Adobe Premiere Pro allows us to easily create videos that look like we spent a lot of money on them.
  • Easily allows for layout of still and video elements.
  • Easy to incorporate soundtracks and narrations
  • The learning curve is a bit high. If you have experience with other Adobe products (Photoshop/Illustrator), it is a lot easier to pick up.
  • Like all video editors, it's a bit of a resource hog. Make sure you have as much RAM as possible, and at least 500GB of an available scratch disk.
Outside of making simple slide shows, Adobe Premiere Pro is pretty much the best software for editing video around. There is a reason that so many major motion picture studios use it. When you couple it with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Animate, Audition, and After Effects, you have an entire movie studio on your desktop. If you have experience in one of the programs, you can easily pick up the others. Better yet, if you have Adobe's Creative Cloud, you already have the software, you don't have to get separate licenses for everything.
Like all tech support, there are areas for improvement. I haven't used many of the support features with Adobe Premiere Pro, but those I have used (online support forums) are fairly decent at getting me answers I need with minimal effort. Adobe has also made training available through Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning for this, and many of their products and many libraries offer free access to it if you have their card.
Read Nathan Morimitsu's full review
Sally Kim | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2020

Professional Level Editing Software at a Consumer Level Price

I'm a freelance video editor and mostly work on corporate/non-profit videos, wedding videos, and occasional short film passion projects. I have experience with all major NLE software, but have always used Premiere on my personal setup after switching over from Sony Vegas Pro nearly a decade ago.
  • Integration with other Adobe products
  • Simple ingest process
  • VR support
  • Lots of plugin options
  • Limited captioning functionalities - makes captioning quite tedious
  • Multicam sequences can get cumbersome
I would recommend Premiere to anyone looking to get into professional editing. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for a program to make simple edits though - there are plenty of even free options now, apart from products like Premiere Rush and iMovie. There's undoubtedly a debate between Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and Avid, but the Adobe ecosystem and the way all the CC apps are integrated with each other offers a compelling argument to use Premiere Pro for a majority of digital video work. But my true recommendation is for people to try all three and decide which has the workflow best suited for their particular needs. Premiere happens to fulfill all my needs, and though there are specific functions where FCP or Avid shines that Premiere doesn't, I've "compromised" by accepting those lackluster parts of Premiere in favor of the fact that I am much more fluent in Premiere and can do my work best using that program.
Read Sally Kim's full review
Vinny Hebert | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 12, 2020

Using Adobe Premiere Pro daily--how about you?

I use Adobe Premiere Pro to create custom multimedia trivia for my business as well as video editing for client projects.
  • Powerful
  • All-in-one solution
  • Integrates with other Adobe products
  • Does not work well on older machines
  • Crashes frequently
  • Not for a beginner
If you are doing a quick video for social media or editing some personal videos to share with your friends, Adobe Premiere Pro is not the software for you. But Adobe Premiere Pro is great for a wide array of projects from movies to short clips. The new Essential Graphics adds a layer of text animation not previously found in Premiere to make professional-looking titles.
Adobe support is impossible to get ahold of but there are forums out there with other Adobe users. Most of my questions have been answered there.
Read Vinny Hebert's full review
Vinicius Andrade | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

Edit like a PRO

At my company we have a YouTube channel that we use for inbound marketing, so video editing is essential. All the videos are controlled by the marketing department. Adobe Premiere Pro is used by us mostly because of the Adobe Creative Cloud plan, but even if we had to choose video editing software, we'd choose it.
  • Visual effects.
  • Transitions.
  • RAM consumption.
  • Crashes.
It is perfectly suited for professional video editing, so much that great professionals in the film industry use it. It has improved a lot in the last few years, has been optimized for use, and has skyrocketed in the face of competition. Keyframing, timeline, auto-save, and many other features make this software far ahead of others for video editing.
For all the support I needed, most I found in the online help center. For problems that solutions were not found, it later turned out to be Windows package bugs.
Read Vinicius Andrade's full review
Leonardo Barbosa Corrêa | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

Perfect video software for beginners or experts

It is used only by my department. I use it for editing and publishing videos from meetings and lectures. The association for which work performs many meetings and seminars and it is necessary to make a smaller version with the most important points. I can quickly cut and upload a video to the company channel on YouTube.
  • Intuitive interface.
  • Professional results.
  • Accessible for beginners.
  • I find it a bit confusing to open a file from scratch. The initial settings are not very clear.
I find it the best tool for cuting digital videos. Especialy for begginers. You can achieve realy pro results with low knowledge. The basic tools are really intuitive and easy to use. It has specific export settings for Vimeo, YouTube an mobile. It is less appropriate for crating effects. The best tool for this is to work in parallel with Adobe After Effects.
Read Leonardo Barbosa Corrêa's full review
February 21, 2020

For professional, cinema quality video for training, Adobe Premiere Pro can’t be beat!

Adobe Premiere Pro is being used to edit videos that are used in training and training-related activities. The Training department is exclusively using it. It is a great software tool to make professional videos that can be used to simulate role-play’s for Soft Skills and product-based interactions. It allows us to make great videos (usually filmed against a green screen) and turn them into training resources.
  • Editing green screen footage
  • Quickly creating videos from footage shot with a phone or iPad Pro.
  • The interface is a bit clumsy at times, while it makes sense once you figure it out, it isn’t always obvious how to do things.
  • The steep learning curve - it’s powerful, but hard to master.
Adobe Premiere Pro is excellent for basic and advanced video editing. If you want to edit green screen or cobble together a short “movie-like” video for training, it works perfectly. The included transitions and effects are great, but if you are going to go “All in” with Adobe Premiere Pro, you need to know that there is a learning curve. In the end, it’s very logical, but it can be overwhelming at first.
Adobe Support is top-notch. We use the entire suite of Adobe products, and we’ve never once encountered a challenge that wasn’t easily fixed or where support failed us. They are always professional, patient, and go the distance to ensure the problem is fixed. They will even follow-up to ensure everything is still working as expected and to see if any other question have come up.
January 29, 2020

Adobe Premiere Pro is Top of The Line

Premiere Pro is being used by our Marketing & Communications department to effectively tell stories through video to supporters of our brand on social media and on the web. This software allows us to create long form and short form videos. These videos are seen by thousands of users.
  • Audio synchronizing (multicam).
  • Colour correction.
  • Legacy titles could be upgraded.
  • Preview window functions could be upgraded.
Adobe Premiere Pro is the industry standard for editing videos to create compelling stories. It is well suited to edit multi-camera interviews and can be used in conjunction with Adobe After Effects templates. It is less appropriate to use for animation/typography style videos and 3D render style of videos. It also has great online user forums and tutorials.
Technical support for Adobe Premiere Pro is fantastic. You can send error reports directly to Adobe. Since it runs on the Creative Cloud, if there is ever an error with your software you can simply re-download the application. There are also terrific online forums offered from Adobe as well as countless training videos across many different sites.
Chris Hecox | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2019

Review: Adobe Premiere Pro

Adobe Premiere Pro is an essential part of daily work for my business.

As the small business owner of a video production company, video editing is my bread and butter. I needed a reasonably cost-effective software that's user-friendly, constantly updated, and powerful enough to produce videos quickly. Premiere Pro does exactly what I need.
  • Premiere Pro is extremely popular, being included in the Creative Cloud Suite. Because of widespread use, it's updated frequently and has plenty of troubleshooting forums and online discussions to search for issues and understanding the software. Frequent updates can also have cons, but for the most part, new features become welcome changes and bugs are fixed relatively quickly.
  • Premiere Pro is fairly easy to learn and makes for an excellent professional editing software or a great learning tool for new editors. The interface is simple to navigate and one can organize windows to their own preferences. Video editing becomes somewhat intuitive after repeated use of the software, simply due to how familiar Premiere Pro feels as one spends more time with it.
  • Premiere Pro offers many options for accomplishing your editing goals. Different editors prefer to cut sequences together using varying methods. Some might use the trim clip editor, while others would rather use the razor blade to cut clips. Some editors might use (.) to insert clips into a timeline, while others might use in and out points. The plethora of options at your fingertips makes Premiere Pro approachable and leaves lots of room for editors to define their own personal workflow.
  • As I've mentioned, frequent updates can carry negative consequences. Some newer features don't seem to be particularly well-developed or even tested. The new-ish "text tool" is a welcome change from the original "title editor," but it feels incomplete and lacking. The Team Projects feature has led to the loss of a full day of editing work, which made an already tight deadline even worse. Converting sequence files into After Effects compositions can be sort of buggy. These are specifics, but of course, there are instances of tried and true features which randomly become broken upon updating. These are typical software development headaches, but it happens from time to time.
  • I'd once heard Adobe chooses to compete for their development teams against one another instead of cohesively collaborate. I've no source on this other than gabbing with co-workers who'd visited an Adobe office at one point, but the more I've used Adobe software, the more I believe this to be true. Some Adobe programs use different keyboard shortcuts to accomplish the same command. Sometimes .psd and .ai files don't play well in Premiere. All other programs allow holding spacebar + hold left mouse button to scan around your image (or in this case, program monitor), but for some reason, Premiere doesn't support this same functionality. Why can't I scroll into the program monitor to zoom into the image? Instead, I have to click and select a zoom, then I have to use scroll bars to position the monitor onto the desired part of an image. It's frustrating and causes more trouble than good.
  • I'm appreciative of the options I have in Premiere Pro, but other Adobe programs do different things better. Of course Illustrator is great for design and illustration, and of course, I can't expect Premiere to run similar keyframed motion like After Effects. It would be great to have basic motion blur functionality, or a streamlined shape layer editor, or maybe a mask editor that didn't automatically apply a feathering to each mask I create.
Anyone hoping to move up from the ranks of "home movie" editor should probably bite the bullet to use Premiere Pro. I'm too unfamiliar with other comparable software (Sony Vegas?), and can basically never make the recommendation to use anything else, especially when a Creative Cloud membership nets you the slew of Adobe products. It's practically essential to have access to all of these programs.

If you are just editing a few fast videos for friends or never intend on making money with video editing, Premiere Pro is probably a luxury and not worth the money.
Read Chris Hecox's full review
Franchesco Petrizzo | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 05, 2019

It is a program made by professionals for professionals

Adobe Premiere is a program par excellence for video editing. This program is used by the company's Marketing team, especially to edit videos that we use in our advertising campaigns. The Marketing team also uses this software to edit videos for our clients, which they use in their social networks.

It is a program that has given us a very good image as a company because it offers professional results and has thousands of options for video editing. It is a professional program for professionals
  • The audio output of this program is better than those of other video editing software.
  • You can make cuts from other videos and make a unique video.
  • When you edit a video you can put audio, images, letters and other things.
  • It's not an easy to use program and can be confusing.
  • It uses a lot of ram memory and must run good equipment so that your computer does not slow down.
  • It is a program that has high monthly fees.
Adobe Premiere is a program to have professional results. This program has amazing design tools. It is a program that we use to make videos with professional audios and transitions between images. We recommend this software to make precise cuts and build a video with parts of other videos. Its use is to look for results that allow you to have important achievements.
Now, this program is not for making simple video edits, because we believe it would be wasted
It is a professional team that provides customer service at any time. I think that the team does not rest until they find a solution to your problem. I think this makes this company great because when a company offers a good service, and they treat you well, the customer always returns satisfied.
Read Franchesco Petrizzo's full review
Mike Muller | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 22, 2019

Adobe Premiere Pro is a great video editing tool in the Creative Suite Environment

We use Adobe Premiere Pro as a tool to edit video and put together video sequences for both internal and external projects. We utilize it to create demo reels for our agency, promotional materials as well as examples/demos for client work. It's one of our main tools when editing or creating video-based projects.
  • Easy to use.
  • Fully integrated into the Creative Cloud suite of tools.
  • Easy to share projects with others.
  • Renders high quality videos.
  • Have to use the entire creative suite of products.
  • Can have some performance issues. Need a strong computer.
  • Learning curve is high.
It's a strong video editing platform that has all the tools you need to create quality projects. It's able to handle all types of video formats and gives you the creative tools to style your videos to your liking. If you have a strong understanding of video production, it's great. Not so great if you just want to throw together a quick video.
Adobe support is OK. Fortunately we've not needed to use it. We can usually find answers on the web faster than contacting Adobe Support.
Read Mike Muller's full review
John Uibel | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 27, 2019

The Best Editing Software for Beginners and Professionals

We have a creative department of about 10 people that use Adobe products. Of those 10, only about 5 of us use Premiere Pro, and only 3 of us use it heavily. I'm one of those three. We rely on Adobe Premiere Pro to do our job as videographers and we love it. It seems like Adobe has been stepping up their game every update for the past several years with the exception of only a few software glitches that were later fixed. The software helps me feel confident in my ability to achieve the goal of my edits and the process is usually very smooth.
I highly recommend Adobe Premiere Pro.
  • The color tab at the top of the program enables quick edits and adjustments to color correction and grading. Very similar to Lightroom.
  • GPU acceleration. GPU accelerated effects are labeled to help you decide how and what effects to use for smoother editing.
  • Labels and organization is made easy with the ability to color code your various clips in the timeline and bin.
  • The audio tab at the top makes audio adjustments quick and easy. It has many of the features that Audition has built in.
  • GPU utilization- While Premiere utilizes the GPU occasionally and during exports, it's mostly a CPU intensive program. Unless you have a powerful CPU, your computer may struggle to playback high-resolution footage.
  • The Graphics panel is very useful and has come a long way but still needs some work. I need more templates available to me since I'm paying monthly for this service.
The great thing about Premiere Pro is that it's easy to use if you're a beginner or if you're a pro. The process of using the program is simple and laid out in a way that helps you stay in your mental creative process without having to overthink what you're trying to do and where to find settings, etc. If you're relying on your GPU to do the brunt of the processing work then you're pretty much out of luck since Premiere is CPU intensive and there are currently no signs of that changing any time soon. Many folks switch to other editing software for this reason but as mentioned earlier, if you have a powerful CPU then you'll be okay. I have the 7960X 16 core, 32 thread and I can playback 4K pretty well.
Read John Uibel's full review
Robert Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 12, 2019

Adobe Premiere Pro isn't just for the Pros - it's the industry standard, but newbies can use it as well!

I make short videos for posting on social media but also for embedding into websites. I use Adobe Premiere Pro instead of Apple iMovie because it's cross-platform and widely supported by the industry. It's always helpful when you use a piece of software that's considered "the industry standard" and that's truly what I consider Premiere. I've used many other NLE (Non Linear Editing) packages in the past such as Pinnacle, Sony Vegas and even iMovie on iPhone, iPad and Mac. Premiere Pro is the only one of them that 100% works every time to do the work I need done with little to no extra effort.
  • Cross-platform use is important to me. I work on PC/Mac interchangeably and even though the hot keys are slightly different, having feature parity makes this the obvious choice for me. iMovie is a decent enough tool but being tied down to a Mac and working within its limitations is something I'm not comfortable with.
  • Proxy Files - The speed of editing video is increased tremendously when you edit using proxy files rather than the large source files. The downside (especially when learning to work with 4k) is you might not notice details that detract from your finished product when working at that lower resolution.
  • Industry Standard - if you can't figure out how to do it, just hit YouTube and you'll find tons of people working through the same issue and their ways of handling it. Working in a standard tool is so much nicer than being in some exotic toolset tied to particular hardware.
  • Like most Adobe products, they err on the side of complexity and professional use rather than hiding the buttons from the newbies. This can be overwhelming but like I mentioned previously, YouTube is your friend and can teach you more in a few hours than 10 books on the subject.
  • Working with the export presets can be daunting if you don't really understand them. I feel like there are a ton of choices that most people gloss over but maybe that's just me. I almost always export as H.264 - 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) and because the files I'm working with are 1:1 the export usually doesn't take a ridiculous time to render.
I'm by no means a seasoned pro with Adobe Premiere Pro, but for me it's feature-rich and fairly straightforward to use quickly. Speed of editing is the biggest thing I care about because when you're working with video and tweaking, you can easily burn many hours that aren't really billable. Ultimately your customer doesn't want to pay you to learn - they want to pay for your expertise and skills.

That being said there's no law that says you can't give away work you like while learning the ropes and then charge later once you've gotten your feet wet and built some confidence.
I've not used their support so I can't really comment on their support. I typically don't call support when I have a problem, but rather go to the Internet and YouTube to figure out what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm sure that since this is a supported product and they charge monthly for its use that they'd support someone when they have problems. I just don't have firsthand knowledge of it.
Read Robert Brown's full review
Jonathan Cantu | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 28, 2019

Adobe Permiere Pro: 10/10 Would Edit Again.

We use Abobe Premiere Pro to cut and edit all of our media content inside of Marketing Department. We have several portfolios including Retail, Multi-family, Events, Office/Commercial and Industrial. As video needs increase, we pull a large majority of media production in house. From shooting to editing. Adobe Premiere, part of the Adobe Creative Suite, is our primary choice for video editing. Using Adobe Premiere gives us the capabilities to produce high-quality media with ease.
  • Editing Video
  • Color-grading video
  • Inserting title, lower-thirds, or credits to video
  • Making sure updates are well-vetted
Most suited for video production, editing, coloring, and rendering. Possible to pull in images and graphics especially when connected to Adobe After-Effects or other Adobe products.
It's just never really given me any issues where I've needed support. So a higher score for less hassle.
Read Jonathan Cantu's full review
Chad Carman | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2019

A must-have for a video industry professional

RMEF utilizes Premiere Pro for all of our video editing software. As an organization that utilizes the full Adobe suite, our editors are fluent in utilizing it to produce short films, commercials, Instagram content and much more. Currently, we have 3 full-time staff that is proficient in it and our external video production agency also uses it for our productions.
  • Highly capable of creating great work.
  • Simple to use when you learn it.
  • Used by many, if not most of, the professional in the industry.
  • Has a learning curve and no "intro".
  • It can be overly complicated for basic cutting edits.
  • Has a tendency to have trouble with Mac updates.
Adobe Premiere Pro is great for full suite editing. It can be used for everything from commercials to social media content to full-length films. We utilize it for all of the above. It can be overly complicated for basic, quick edits that do not need color correction, fancy transitions, and other creative stylings.
We haven't used support for Premiere Pro. Typically a quick Google search will allow you to find the information you need as most of the users out there create tutorials online regarding effects. There are also a great number of online "schools" that teach users how to use Premiere Pro efficiently.
Read Chad Carman's full review
Richard Jellison | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 11, 2019

The "Premiere" editing software of today

Premiere Pro is the backbone software to our organization; in order to function outside of the live broadcast or streaming space, we rely on it heavily. The entire Adobe creative suite lends us support through all of our video projects, but our primary usage lies in Premiere to bring it all to life.
  • Integration with other Creative Cloud software offers the ability to make changes to audio, animations, etc., and have them be implemented into Premiere with no hassle.
  • The most well-documented editing software online. You can find tutorials for any issue or fix very easily through almost any channel.
  • The stock or built-in effects and editing tools get the job done and there are always more customized or tailored packs to purchase if need be.
  • Can crash if projects get too intensive - requires a relatively beefy computer too.
  • Long render/export times - Stick to Adobe Media encoder, don't export straight from this program unless it's a relatively small or simple file.
  • Expensive for amateurs or first timers - there are no options to buy it outright, only to subscribe and pay a monthly fee.
Premiere Pro is very well suited for any video editing project.
I've never really had any issues - updates are constant and frequent, and it's never been in a situation where I had to contact a representative to sort out an issue with the program or my account.
Read Richard Jellison's full review
Joel McAfee | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 26, 2019

A Standard In the Industry - Hard to Ignore

Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the non-linear editors my production company uses to post TV ads, web video, television, and film projects. We use Adobe Premiere Pro when interfacing with other production companies or individuals in the industry who primarily edit on the Adobe platform as well as those projects that require frequent round-tripping with other Adobe Creative Cloud products such as after-effects.
  • Adobe gives you tons of control over project settings and preferences. It gives you the freedom to adjust editing timebase, aspect ratios, etc and to set presets based on your needs per project.
  • Adobe Premiere Pro works well in shared workspace environments - where multiple editors are sending projects back and forth with each other in order to complete a project.
  • One strength of Premiere Pro is the ability to round trip with other Adobe software. It interfaces well with motion graphics software After Effects as well as other more recent software (such as Prelude) - giving you a more acute set of tools at your disposal.
  • There is a ton of support for Adobe Premiere Pro out there - plenty of tutorials available both from Adobe as well as the user world.
  • One thing in general that Adobe could improve on is the user interface. It tends to feel a bit archaic as most Non-Linear Editors do. Many of the features are not intuitive and still holdover from a bygone era of moviola editing. That said, it is a far cry from Avid and certainly is a standard in the industry and has been for years - it could just use some updating with more modern features.
  • Adobe certainly makes updating a pain in the rear. Though the separate software that allows you to update all CC apps is relatively easy - for years they have made it more difficult than it needs to be to work back and forth between old versions and new. This is an industry where users are slow to update - so they could be more accommodating about that.
  • In general, I wish Adobe would get over their disdain for Apple and support more apple codecs - prores, etc. Let's work together, people! It's better for everyone.
Adobe Premiere Pro is very suitable for just about every type of post-production project. It is the standard in the industry and very well supported, updated, and provides more than enough features and flexibility to edit based on your personal preferences as an editor. It is not my favorite editor to use in recent years, but it has come a long way still.
Read Joel McAfee's full review
Rachael Ossovicki | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 20, 2019

Professional Videos from Adobe Premiere Pro!

Our CEO is very big on having video incorporated into our brand and content strategy. Adobe Premiere Pro is our choice program to make clean and professional videos. Our videos are used for social media, internal campaigns, advertisements, etc. We used to use Vyond (and still do for certain videos), but to make really creative videos, we use Adobe.
  • Makes professional videos.
  • Great support from Adobe.
  • The effects you can layer on are amazing and there so many to choose from.
  • Links to other Adobe products so the entire suite produces quality and consistent content.
  • Takes time to get used to if you have never touched video software.
  • Adobe suite is an expensive program.
  • Should come with a tutorial for basics.
  • The videos take up a ton of space on my computer, and I would love to store in Adobe to access.
Adobe Premiere Pro is great for making seamless professional videos. It is rather difficult in the beginning for someone who has never made videos. There are programs out there like Vyond that are actually for beginners who can't make videos on their own yet. With some training, and spending time in Adobe though, you can master professional videos for your organization or even for personal use! Great for any freelancer as well!
Read Rachael Ossovicki's full review
Daniel Epstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 18, 2019

Adobe Premiere Pro is ready when you are

Adobe Premiere Pro is used by my organization as part of video production. We utilize the entire Adobe suite, and Premiere Pro gets the most used due to its intrinsic nature as the most important part of post-production on video projects. From feature-length films to 6-minute web videos, Premiere Pro is our go-to software.
Compatibility is always crucial, and the way Adobe has all its software integrated makes transitioning between editing programs seamless. Additionally, with the rented access, editors separated geographically can work on the same project while not both having to purchase the entire program, saving tons of money.
  • Seamless integration between Premiere Pro and the other Adobe programs. You can swoop in with Adobe Photoshop to fiddle with some stills or backgrounds or Adobe After Effects can add special effects, and everything communicates flawlessly.
  • It's stable, more so than many video editing software I've used in the past. Many times I would edit for hours, only for the system to crash and lose the last hour of work. But with Adobe Premiere Pro, between the auto-save feature and general stability, losing work is no longer an issue.
  • Cross-system compatibility. I can edit in Premiere Pro on a Mac, email the edit file to my friend who has a PC, and he can open it up and continue the work. You can't do that with Apple's Final Cut Pro, so Adobe Premiere Pro is the far superior option for a workplace with multiple types of computers.
  • I'd like to see it have better YouTube integration. Currently, it can export a video that's optimized for YouTube, but perhaps a further integration would be nice. Like being able to export from Premiere Pro and upload to YouTube in one action, removing a step.
  • Being able to rearrange the windows more easily would be nice. Currently, they can move around, but after a certain degree, you start fighting against the pre-existing templates. It eats up time trying to get it to look the way you want it to. With the reality of many workplaces having multiple monitors, being able to grab a portion of the interface and throw it onto another screen without it fighting you would be nice.
Adobe Premiere Pro really worked for me. I'm a video producer who works with multiple other producers in other states, with other computers. Being able to have maximum compatibility between the OS systems (Mac and PC) as well as the option to rent the software once but have multiple installs really worked for us. Maybe if everyone is in one place and all use Macs, using Final Cut Pro would be better since it's more built for Mac (but it's a small distinction).
Read Daniel Epstein's full review
November 04, 2019

Best video editing software.

We use Adobe Premiere Pro within our design and marketing team as well as our video and production team. We use this program for quick cuts to videos or for more in-depth edits that require smoother transitions. It is a powerful program where you can continually learn new methods and tricks for making better videos.
  • Quick edits. It is easy to make the edits and export quickly for a fast turn-around.
  • Customizable interface. You can move the modules around and expand different parts of the tools so you can focus on the work you are doing.
  • You can drop any kind of Adobe file into this program and you can open and use it.
  • It is very easy to color correct in this program.
  • I would like more of Adobe Audition built into Premiere.
I love Adobe Premiere Pro for quick video edits or longer cuts that require smoother transitions. If you need to do anything video related, this should be your Adobe program of choice. It isn't well suited for creating things like vector graphics, but that should be obvious.
I don't really have any problems while using this program, but if I ever need any tips on functionality, I make sure to look at the Adobe forums for helpful advice.
October 15, 2019

Adobe Premiere Pro is right for you

We used Adobe Premiere Pro as our editing software for The Weather Channel Post Production Department for several years now. We handle everything from short-form daily news content, to ads, to long-form docs. to original digital content. It works seamlessly with other platforms that we also use such as Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
  • The transition from Final Cut Pro to Adobe Premiere Pro isn't difficult.
  • One of the more user-friendly Adobe products.
  • Multiple ways to accomplish the same task so it makes for a good UX experience.
  • The biggest knock I have is stability. After prolonged use, the platform becomes less responsive and often quits.
  • The number of steps you have to go through before you even start editing. In FCP, you can start editing almost immediately.
  • The fonts are too small. The software was made for someone with excellent vision.
We use Adobe Premiere Pro in a professional, post-production department. Yes, there are stability issues but overall it's a good experience. It's also more cost-effective than other systems like Avid.

About Adobe Premiere Pro

Adobe offers their video editing platform Adobe Premiere Pro, supporting video and audio editing as well as VR presentations, available as part of the company's Creative Cloud suite or as a standalone application.