Adobe Premiere Pro Reviews

Franchesco Petrizzo profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Filmora is an excellent program. It has much smaller monthly fees than Adobe Premiere, but we still believe that the Adobe program offers better results in the design area. We also like to get carried away by the tranquility offered by using a program that is backed by a good company. I think that was what made us make that decision.
Read Franchesco Petrizzo's full review
Sally Kim profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Product not included: Avid Media Composer. I've used Premiere, FCPX, and Avid (not bothering to include iMovie as it is not necessarily considered a "professional" product), but have most experience with Premiere. There's a laughable debate between Premiere and FCPX (Avid still holds the title of "industry standard" so it's a little out of the league) both are solid programs in their own right. FCPX definitely has a handful of features I wish Premiere had or did better. But considering I prefer PC's - first of all - and the frequency with which I use After Effects/Photoshop/Illustrator, Premiere has just always been the obvious solution. It all really boiled down to accessibility when I first started using Premiere, and eventually familiarity when it came to continuing to choose Premiere.
Read Sally Kim's full review
Emily Giannakas profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Adobe has been the product for me that stands out the most, provides the best help from forums and customer service, creative options that sync up well with their other apps, and provides great payment plans, depending on what you're needing it for.
Read Emily Giannakas's full review
Mike Muller profile photo

Alternatives Considered

They are similar programs. Final Cut Pro X works a little better on a Mac. They both have a similar set of features but their methodology of editing is a little different. One is not necessarily better than the other, just different. If you are on a Mac, Final Cut will perform a little better.
Read Mike Muller's full review
John Uibel profile photo

Alternatives Considered

I can't say that I've ever really tried other video editing programs other that GoPro studio which is nowhere near as good. Premiere Pro widely used around the globe, partially due to the monthly payment bundle it comes in, but also because it's such a great program. It's used widely by many professionals and production houses will often use it to create full feature-length movies. Premiere has many things to offer, but there are other things that other editing programs do a bit better or at least in a different way. In my opinion, Adobe Premiere Pro is the only program to start with as a beginner getting into video editing. Sure, there are other programs that do similar things but you might as well jump into something that is as professional as it is easy to use.
Read John Uibel's full review
Robert Brown profile photo

Alternatives Considered

I've not used the Corel contemporary in quite a while but when I used Pinnacle in previous years there really wasn't a comparison. I'm sure for a budget-minded user it would get the job done but I think plenty of free software would be just as good. If you're going to pay for something, you might as well get the industry standard.
Read Robert Brown's full review
Jonathan Cantu profile photo

Alternatives Considered

I think Adobe Premiere is more robust and definitely a bit more for the technical creative and editor. FCPX is good but it feels more barebones compared to what is possible with Adobe Premiere Pro. I also prefer its easy integration with the rest of the Adobe Premiere Suite. Everything flows a little better, especially when using the Adobe Cloud Library.
Read Jonathan Cantu's full review
Chad Carman profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Whereas Final Cut Pro used to be the gold standard for editing, Premiere Pro has quickly become the standard in the industry. It is much more flexible and more likely to be used by other editing studios, should you have to collaborate. Each edition of Premiere builds on the previous, giving greater feature sets.
Read Chad Carman's full review
Joel McAfee profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Premiere Pro is certainly one of the more useful and reliable NLE out there. I would be comfortable editing nearly any project on it and have confidence it would handle nearly any format in a stable and efficient manner.
Read Joel McAfee's full review
Daniel Epstein profile photo

Alternatives Considered

I like Adobe Premiere Pro better because of the option to use a Mac or a PC. I grew up using a PC, so even when I have a Mac at my disposal I like the option to swap whenever I feel like it. Plus, to my knowledge, you cannot rent Final Cut Pro, making it the more expensive option.
Read Daniel Epstein's full review

Alternatives Considered

A similar program is Adobe After Effects. It has some of the same functions, but for basic or in-depth editing of a video, Premiere Pro should be your first choice.

Alternatives Considered

We went with Adobe Premiere Pro because it was at a great cost point when compared to Avid. Final Cut Pro X was more of a prosumer piece of software than professional so that was quickly taken out of the mix. Premiere was just more suited for a professional, post-production workflow.
Bryan Crowe profile photo

Alternatives Considered

iMovie is okay for "family video" editing if you aren't getting overly involved. My biggest issue with iMovie was in making changes. It was not a good tool for that. Now it's been a number of years since I worked in iMovie, so perhaps they have made changes to it, to improve its functionality. PP is a PROFESSIONAL video editing tool! You are using a tool that is used by some movie studios to create feature-length movies of TV shows! Its flexibility and features really give you a lot of options and choices to create professional videos.
Read Bryan Crowe's full review
Anthony Burke profile photo

Alternatives Considered

I didn't see it listed in the dropdown, but I've also used the stripped down Adobe program, Adobe Premiere Rush, which is also excellent, although you probably need to use it in conjunction with Premiere Pro for unfettered use. Although my introduction to the video production world with through Avid (Media Composer) in college, I have used Premiere Pro in two media-related positions which leads me to believe that either the Adobe products are arguably top of the line, or that Avid is way more expensive. If you're thinking about getting into video production, I think you cannot go wrong if you happen to choose Premiere Pro. It's not lacking in a way I can think of, and any beginner-related confusion is mitigated if you can pair it with Premiere Rush.
Read Anthony Burke's full review
Brent Polson profile photo

Alternatives Considered

These other products are provided to work seamlessly with Premiere Pro. They are used to enhance the overall functionality of the Adobe products. Using these products harmoniously allows you to create amazing effects. Basically, you are only limited by your imagination. I don't think I would recommend anything other than Premiere Pro, it would be like reinventing the wheel.
Read Brent Polson's full review
Christian Oquendo profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Premiere Pro excels in organization, productivity, and design compared to Sony Vegas, which was the software I previously used to create video content. I am now able to render videos faster, edit, and preview unfinished projects quickly and efficiently. I had little to no difficulty using this software to create powerful videos for both myself and my clients.
Read Christian Oquendo's full review
Christopher Power profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Direct competitors would be iMovie and Final Cut Pro.

In terms of iMovie it is night and day what is possible with text, transitions and audio files. iMovie has a very direct and simple interface but it only allows for direct and simple video edits. I would use Premiere Pro because of the ability to edit audio, add music, and add multiple variations of text during the video. A lot of video editing such as color modes also makes it better than iMovie.

Final Cut Pro is very similar to Adobe Premiere Pro. However, as a designer it comes down to industry standard tools. Final Cut is great for college students and adults that want to do their own video editing on a Macbook. When it comes to industry level, the entire industry is standardized with the Adobe Creative Suite... that includes Adobe Premiere. In order to have me choose Final Cut Pro it would need to become an industry leader and right now it is not.
Read Christopher Power's full review
Susan Knolla profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Adobe PP is much easier to use and learn than Snagit. While some colleagues preferred and were able to get Snagit to work it would not launch on my computer and therefore was un-useable. The trial subscription ticked down without every being able to get it to work properly. I love how Adobe give you 30 days plus all the resources you need to learn and use their products. A true try before you buy company.
Read Susan Knolla's full review

Alternatives Considered

Adobe Premiere Pro is by far the best video software of the selected products. It does not have the best audio editing capabilities nor video graphic design capabilities but good enough ones where it can help you out in a pinch if your primary goal is to edit the video. The best-case scenario is to use Premiere Pro alongside the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite and maybe bring in ProTools for things like audio editing and ON24 for streaming services. Adobe Premiere Pro is far more intuitive than Final Cut Pro will ever be and its integration with the creative suite makes it a far more affordable option for any video editor.

Alternatives Considered

Premiere, to me, feels more modern and flexible than Avid, and more powerful than Final Cut. I find it to be the best of both worlds. I've spent years using Final Cut 7, X, and Avid Media Composer and Premiere is by far my favorite tool. While it often feels like Final Cut gets worse and worse, Premiere gets better and better.
Brittany Goodman profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Adobe products, in general, are our first choice when it comes to creative solutions so Premiere Pro was really a no-brainer. For a very short time, I did use Final Cut Pro X, but found that it lacked many of the features (transitions and audio editing effects) that Premiere Pro had as a standard. With reliable products that always produce high-quality results (and a great support community in case we run into any issues), I doubt we'll be using any other platforms in the future.
Read Brittany Goodman's full review

About Adobe Premiere Pro

Adobe offers their video editing platform Adobe Premiere Pro, supporting video and audio editing as well as VR presentations, available as part of the company's Creative Cloud suite or as a standalone application.