Adobe Presenter is a corporate-focused learning management software solution offered by Adobe.Adobe Presenter - Great Solution!!Adobe Presenter is a great tool that is simple to use for anyone already familiar with any other presentation software. Basically, we use it for tracking the performance of our various corporate locations on a weekly to monthly basis. This tool comes really handy when you have a video conference with the large group and need to present a couple of different reports or train employees remotely.,A pro user can definitely generate an impressive presentation for exhibitions and other networking events. Converts Powerpoints into learning courses effectively. The option provided to chat during the presentation is quite useful, especially for trainees.,I feel it is a bit overpriced. That may be because of the Adobe name. Our team has experienced a few technical issues over time which sometimes limit our use of the software. Limited features available for our macOS users.,7,It will be safe to say that overall impact had been positive in regards to ROI Training costs have been reduced by a huge margin since we started using this tool. Time consumed in training staff is also decreased, as with Adobe Presenter training can be done remotely and are able to train different groups at the same time.,,UberConference, TSD Rental, PreziRev Up Your Online Education Presence With Adobe PresenterWe author content for our online courses. Presenter gives the opportunity for me to make my content come to life in a relatively easy fashion. I take the content from courses I have been teaching for years and then turn it into online courses using the Adobe Presenter software. I have older, stagnant material that I have transformed using Presenter.,The drag and drop method of Adobe Presenter makes the software really easy to learn and use. It allows me to create presentations that are much more powerful and creative. I LOVE the YouTube help videos. I feel like there is a help video on every topic I have ever wanted to know more about. I have almost grown to be an expert based on the help videos posted. They are easy to access and user-friendly. I use the scenario templates. Because I teach programming courses, students can go different ways based on the knowledge that they already have of the content in the courses. The built in scenario templats allow me to create dynamic courses that are different for every learner that uses the course I am teaching them.,Sometimes I feel like Presenter feels too much like Power Point. This may make some users not want to use the software. I have a hard time when saving presentations and then pulling them up in other locations- it often takes longer than I want to wait, but I am a millennial (I think?).,8,I feel like we have increased productivity of educators and learners. If you've already invested in the Office suite, there isn't a large learning curve for educators, so that is a huge positive when it comes to the lack of training required for the software.,OneNote, Adobe Photoshop, Google ClassroomAdobe PRESENTER -- the Name Says It All!Our organization generally uses this tool when what we're trying to create is the asynchronous, online version of someone getting up in front of a large group and making a presentation (rather than trying to do real "training"). As such, we've used it to announce new product features or give general overviews of new products (to be viewed as "pre-work" for an upcoming training session), do short overview demos of new systems (more of a "here's what it can do" than "here's how to do it," although it could be used for micro-learning, if the tasks are very short and simple), and to convey some basic on-boarding info, such as general benefits and compensation info. The vast majority of the Adobe Presenter users in our U.S. organization are in one of our learning and development departments, although, occasionally, it's been used by a few people in other departments (although I can't say exactly which, off-hand).,This tool is great for allowing anyone already familiar with PowerPoint to convey reasonably simple and short content asynchronously. It's quick and easy to learn how to use it and even allows for some basic types of quiz questions. You can publish it to your company's Adobe server (if you have one) or as a SCORM package to upload to a traditional LMS. It gives you the choice of recording audio within its own PowerPoint ribbon (not my method of choice) or to import and sync audio created outside of Presenter (which I prefer, because it's easier to edit and maintain.) I also love that it comes with Adobe Presenter Video Express, which can be used within the Presenter ribbon or as a stand-alone application. It's a very easy way to create short system demos with narration, and allows for zooming and panning, as well as allowing you to intersperse, or even simultaneously show, webcam video.,I don't know if this qualifies as a "con," per se, but it's important not to try and use this as a full-fledged e-learning authoring tool, as the opportunities it affords for effective practice and feedback is minimal. It's a well-named product, since "Presenter" really is best used for "presentations," rather than bona fide training. There's no real "programming" ability (like being able to use custom actions and variables). I also wish that, when syncing animations to audio narration, if you make a mistake mid-way through a slide, you could re-do just from where you made the mistake on forward, rather than having to resync the whole slide. Better audio editing capabilities within the product would make it feel less "necessary" to me to use an external audio editing product. It's also not the cheapest of the tools that does this kind of thing. For example, SNAP, by Trivantis, does many of the same things at about a tenth the cost.,8,We don't really measure the ROI of this tool directly or in any kind of "hard numbers" way. However, I will say that its ease and speed of use (compared to some of our more full-featured e-learning authoring tools) does allow us to create more deliverables more quickly, which has a (non-quantified) positive ROI in terms of L&D staffing and throughput. Also, the fact that it's PowerPoint-based means that we can have subject-matter experts create the initial draft of the underlying content, saving L&D "specialist" time for just doing stuff that may require greater expertise, like tweaking the content for better instructional design, creating the quiz questions (if any), recording the narration, and doing the other more "technical" Adobe-Presenter-specific things. It also saves the company money in that we don't have to provide the subject-matter expert with Adobe Presenter licences for them to be able to substantially contribute to the creation of the module.,Brainshark and Snap,Adobe Captivate,110,2,Product enhancements, changes, roll-outs System enhancements, changes, roll-outs HR-related onboarding information,To create an "explainer video" that looks like it could have been created in something like VideoScribe, but without the hassle of trying to find images that VideoScribe can draw and other limits of VideoScribe.,Capture knowledge from SMEs,9,No,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product Existing Relationship with the Vendor,This is a tricky questions because, at this point, my company is heavily invested in Adobe and tends to stick with Adobe products when Adobe has an offering for a particular type of software need. We originally did the evaluation process almost 10 years ago (back when the product was called Breeze Presenter) and there weren't very many competitors at the time. If I had the option to go outside of the "Adobeverse," I'd be interested in learning more about Articulate's offering in this space, since the main thing that Adobe Presenter has going against it (in my mind) is Adobe, which I find to be a pretty unsupportive company for the end user (they charge exorbitant amounts of money for service contracts and then provide very mediocre service, and their website is downright "user hostile," which I find ironic for a company that also makes web design products.,No,4,No, I can't. I wish I could, because I'd love to get the 5 bonus points, and it doesn't seem fair to deprive the review writer of the points when the failure is on the vendor's end! I mean, it's not like I wouldn't be willing to describe a time when Adobe provided me with exceptional support for this product, but it just hasn't happened!,It's easy to import audio files. It's relatively easy to sync audio to PowerPoint animations. It's relatively easy to use Adobe Presenter Video Express to create quick systems demos. Most PowerPoint animations and buttons work well after being published as an Adobe Presenter presentation. It's pretty easy to publish the finished product to an Adobe server (especially for modules that don't include any quiz questions or detailed tracking). It's easy to choose to publish as either a swf or to HTML5 or both, making it easy to make mobile-friendly.,Editing audio recorded from within Adobe Presenter can be difficult because of the way that it treats it as one long audio file and because the options are fairly limited. The test-creation mechanisms can be difficult to get working right, especially in terms of how it works if the end user wants to navigate among slides using the Outline tab. Sometimes that skin/player choices don't seem to want to "take" right and setting labels and such in the presenter (not Presenter) settings can be hard to get to look and work as intended.,Yes, but I don't use it,8The Pros and Cons of Adobe PresenterAdobe Presenter is the rapid development tool used by our government client to create web-based, asynchronous training. We are required to use this tool when developing training products using this delivery method, unless otherwise specified.,Adobe Presenter makes it easy to create online training if you do not have programming skills. Adobe Presenter has good tools available to make an interactive training product, such as the Quiz Manager. Adobe Presenter can support most of the options in an instructional design plan, including the opportunity to let different users explore different learning paths.,As a Microsoft PowerPoint plug-in, there can sometimes be odd conflicts with the settings used in PowerPoint and how they translate to Adobe Presenter. Often these bugs do not present until the product is published and are difficult to troubleshoot. SWF files generated when content is published requires a Flash player. This is a problem for some users, particularly those who are viewing content at work and are prohibited from installing anything on their machine. This is also a problem for some mobile devices.,5,Presenter has allowed our client to roll out several online training products without the assistance of a programmer. This has allowed many of our partners to offer online training and to share their online training products across agencies.,Articulate Storyline,Articulate Storyline, Adobe Connect, GoToMeetingAdobe Presenter - Not perfect, but it's my "go to" solution for some great reasons!Adobe Presenter is an extraordinarily flexible and dynamic solution for creating learning output. At Ebix, Inc., we use it in two ways. One is as a hyper-rapid e-learning development solution for our internal audiences. In this capacity, the quality of output is excellent, though not at the level of, say Captivate or Storyline. It's advantage, however, is its speed. I developed a method for creating interactive on-demand e-learning training that goes from storyboard to final output in an unheard of 5-10 hour development turnaround. This creates obvious advantages, among them creating a multiplier effect that dramatically cut training costs while improving the efficiency of our training development resources.The second use is external. We're able to create on-demand help that we can publish to HTML that has built-in Responsive Web Design capability. This means clients can view our training on any device of any size, anywhere they have an internet connection, and it looks great. Also, because it is originally built in PowerPoint (Presenter installs as an add-in), we can be more creative and engaging in our help content versus standard help modules.,Because it integrates with PowerPoint, it is possible to go from planning outline to storyboard to final output withing a single document and as part of a seamless and logical design process. Its ability to create videos that capture screens along with web-cam recordings, then edit them within the solution means higher level training recordings can be created versus, say a recorded WebEx training session. Presenter's ability to create quiz elements similar to Adobe Captivate, add interactions, and interface with Adobe's LMS means it is capable of functioning as a complete e-learning development environment. . If up front cost is a consideration, Presenter wins hands down over many better known training development and e-learning solutions.,Among its strengths, Presenter is outstanding at demonstrating software. However, it has zero native simulation capability. For that, you also need Captivate. While it's designed to work with that solution, I've yet to find an efficient application in a real-world training environment. Presenter is a deceptively unintuitive solution. If you know PowerPoint (and who doesn't?), it feels like home. However, it has nuances that aren't readily obvious. For example, it's video recording capability is both built into the PowerPoint add-in and is accessible as a standalone. How they behave is similar but not identical.. Support is surprisingly weak. The version I have is once removed from the latest. I recently discovered that it has a bug. I was surprised to learn that reporting it to Adobe is impossible since the web page where this occurs does not include Presenter as an option. Are they aware and was it corrected? I don’t know. Fortunately, it's not critical, but it does raise several concerns. Training and on-demand help is also weak. While there are some standalone videos and other help resources on the internet, what’s freely available isn’t complete. As a result, ramp up took several months longer than it should have. Much of my learning was through experimentation and web searches. Those searches were at times frustrating since the community of users doesn't appear to be as great as other training development solutions. The best training I found was on Lynda.com. I highly recommend either Lynda or a similar site if you get Adobe Presenter.,8,The net impact is extremely strong due to it's relatively low cost, high flexibility and extremely rapid development capability.,
Adobe Presenter

Adobe Presenter Reviews

Adobe Presenter
Filter 24 vetted Adobe Presenter reviews and ratings
October 08, 2018

User Review: "Adobe Presenter - Great Solution!!"

• A pro user can definitely generate an impressive presentation for exhibitions and other networking events.
  • Converts Powerpoints into learning courses effectively.
  • The option provided to chat during the presentation is quite useful, especially for trainees.
  • I feel it is a bit overpriced. That may be because of the Adobe name.
  • Our team has experienced a few technical issues over time which sometimes limit our use of the software.
  • Limited features available for our macOS users.
Although it's pricey and has some issue, Adobe Presenter has been an awesome solution for our business. If my opinion regarding presentation and training tools is required, my answer will be in favor of Adobe Presenter. I would certainly recommend to someone who can effectively use it to solve their problems.
Vicky Creasy, EdD profile photo
August 17, 2017

Review: "Rev Up Your Online Education Presence With Adobe Presenter"

• The drag and drop method of Adobe Presenter makes the software really easy to learn and use. It allows me to create presentations that are much more powerful and creative.
  • I LOVE the YouTube help videos. I feel like there is a help video on every topic I have ever wanted to know more about. I have almost grown to be an expert based on the help videos posted. They are easy to access and user-friendly.
  • I use the scenario templates. Because I teach programming courses, students can go different ways based on the knowledge that they already have of the content in the courses. The built in scenario templats allow me to create dynamic courses that are different for every learner that uses the course I am teaching them.
  • Sometimes I feel like Presenter feels too much like Power Point. This may make some users not want to use the software.
  • I have a hard time when saving presentations and then pulling them up in other locations- it often takes longer than I want to wait, but I am a millennial (I think?).
I love using Presenter to turn old, boring, and stagnant material into interactive course material. The software is useful for educators looking to author online courses or to author courses with an online portion. If you need a software that will enable you to take content you already have and then to make it more dynamic, offer students options of which way to go with their learning, then this is the software for you. The tools are similar to the office suite, so there isn't a steep learning curve.
Read Vicky Creasy, EdD's full review
Laura Gillenwater profile photo
May 08, 2017

Review: "Adobe PRESENTER -- the Name Says It All!"

• This tool is great for allowing anyone already familiar with PowerPoint to convey reasonably simple and short content asynchronously. It's quick and easy to learn how to use it and even allows for some basic types of quiz questions.
  • You can publish it to your company's Adobe server (if you have one) or as a SCORM package to upload to a traditional LMS.
  • It gives you the choice of recording audio within its own PowerPoint ribbon (not my method of choice) or to import and sync audio created outside of Presenter (which I prefer, because it's easier to edit and maintain.)
  • I also love that it comes with Adobe Presenter Video Express, which can be used within the Presenter ribbon or as a stand-alone application. It's a very easy way to create short system demos with narration, and allows for zooming and panning, as well as allowing you to intersperse, or even simultaneously show, webcam video.
  • I don't know if this qualifies as a "con," per se, but it's important not to try and use this as a full-fledged e-learning authoring tool, as the opportunities it affords for effective practice and feedback is minimal. It's a well-named product, since "Presenter" really is best used for "presentations," rather than bona fide training.
  • There's no real "programming" ability (like being able to use custom actions and variables).
  • I also wish that, when syncing animations to audio narration, if you make a mistake mid-way through a slide, you could re-do just from where you made the mistake on forward, rather than having to resync the whole slide.
  • Better audio editing capabilities within the product would make it feel less "necessary" to me to use an external audio editing product.
  • It's also not the cheapest of the tools that does this kind of thing. For example, SNAP, by Trivantis, does many of the same things at about a tenth the cost.

As I mentioned earlier, it's best used for "presentations," rather than bona fide "training." That's why we tend to use it when the information is relatively simple and/or doesn't need to be fully internalized or mastered (which would require providing opportunities for practice and feedback and a more engaging, interactive learning experience). However, it can be used as part of a blended-learning solution, with some information provided via an Adobe Presenter module first, and then some kind of instructor-led session as a follow-up, which would include more role-specific info, as well as practice and feedback opportunities.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, Adobe Presenter Video Express is great for creating quick overview demos about a new system -- more of a "see what it can do" type thing than a "here's how you do it" thing (unless the "it" is very simple and the video is used more as a microlearning/performance support type of offering).

Read Laura Gillenwater's full review
April 03, 2017

User Review: "The Pros and Cons of Adobe Presenter"

• Adobe Presenter makes it easy to create online training if you do not have programming skills.
  • Adobe Presenter has good tools available to make an interactive training product, such as the Quiz Manager.
  • Adobe Presenter can support most of the options in an instructional design plan, including the opportunity to let different users explore different learning paths.
  • As a Microsoft PowerPoint plug-in, there can sometimes be odd conflicts with the settings used in PowerPoint and how they translate to Adobe Presenter. Often these bugs do not present until the product is published and are difficult to troubleshoot.
  • SWF files generated when content is published requires a Flash player. This is a problem for some users, particularly those who are viewing content at work and are prohibited from installing anything on their machine. This is also a problem for some mobile devices.
Adobe Presenter is a good option for instructional designers who want to develop online training but don't have the budget for a programmer. Most, if not all, of the elements of a good instructional design plan for online training can be accomplished with Adobe Presenter. There are also a lot of good online user forums and tutorials available through Adobe that can help you learn to use the tool properly. Adobe Presenter is not going to be easy for anyone with limited PowerPoint skills or limited patience with troubleshooting. Bugs do arise and it can take a lot of time to track down whether the issue is PowerPoint or Adobe Presenter based and determine a workaround.
Ronald Ray profile photo
July 21, 2016

Review: "Adobe Presenter - Not perfect, but it's my "go to" solution for some great reasons!"

• Because it integrates with PowerPoint, it is possible to go from planning outline to storyboard to final output withing a single document and as part of a seamless and logical design process.
  • Its ability to create videos that capture screens along with web-cam recordings, then edit them within the solution means higher level training recordings can be created versus, say a recorded WebEx training session.
  • Presenter's ability to create quiz elements similar to Adobe Captivate, add interactions, and interface with Adobe's LMS means it is capable of functioning as a complete e-learning development environment. .
  • If up front cost is a consideration, Presenter wins hands down over many better known training development and e-learning solutions.
  • Among its strengths, Presenter is outstanding at demonstrating software. However, it has zero native simulation capability. For that, you also need Captivate. While it's designed to work with that solution, I've yet to find an efficient application in a real-world training environment.
  • Presenter is a deceptively unintuitive solution. If you know PowerPoint (and who doesn't?), it feels like home. However, it has nuances that aren't readily obvious. For example, it's video recording capability is both built into the PowerPoint add-in and is accessible as a standalone. How they behave is similar but not identical..
  • Support is surprisingly weak. The version I have is once removed from the latest. I recently discovered that it has a bug. I was surprised to learn that reporting it to Adobe is impossible since the web page where this occurs does not include Presenter as an option. Are they aware and was it corrected? I don’t know. Fortunately, it's not critical, but it does raise several concerns.
  • Training and on-demand help is also weak. While there are some standalone videos and other help resources on the internet, what’s freely available isn’t complete. As a result, ramp up took several months longer than it should have. Much of my learning was through experimentation and web searches. Those searches were at times frustrating since the community of users doesn't appear to be as great as other training development solutions. The best training I found was on Lynda.com. I highly recommend either Lynda or a similar site if you get Adobe Presenter.

Its strength is its ability to develop on-demand content quickly. If good, fast and affordable are your main check boxes, this could be just what you need.

On the other hand, this is not your stop for "spit and polished" deliverables. Storyline and Captivate this is not. That said, Adobe Presenter is one of the most flexible, affordable and (once you understand it) easy to use solutions on the market, making it a 9.5 out of 10 when it comes to bang for the buck.

Read Ronald Ray's full review

Course authoring (1)
Course catalog or library (1)
Player/Portal (1)
Learning content (1)
Progress tracking & certifications (1)
Learning administration (1)
Learning reporting & analytics (1)

About Adobe Presenter