Adobe Spark

Adobe Spark Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Michelle Munro | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Adobe Spark to create social media posts, email messages and flyers / posters. It’s an accessible tool to create inviting and professional materials without needing a lot of training.
  • Provides an intuitive interface for people who are not very tech savvy.
  • Makes it easy to tailor the creations to different platforms or intentions, such as printing for flyers, posters, etc…
  • It isn’t overly complicated to use, yet has many features that are useful.
  • I’d love to see [Adobe] Spark be able to save a customized brand theme, so I don’t have to enter the colors by hand each time.
I think this is a great tool for people wanting to create items with great graphics who don’t have the skills or knowledge to utilize higher-level graphics programs. It is also a lower-priced alternative that is accessible to smaller companies and nonprofits.
Rebekah Buchterkirchen | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my previous role, the Marketing and Communications department solely used Adobe Spark for all of our social media content needs. It was truly such a time savor as neither I nor my teammates were trained graphic designers.
  • Graphic Design - especially for people like me who have no background in it
  • Organization - very easy dashboard to view projects made and easily recreate ones you liked
  • Ability to use and build content from either your laptop or your phone - both work GREAT!
  • When building content on your phone, there are certain features that make it difficult to edit the content
  • It would be great to see more templates created and offered for projects outside of social media tiles (brochures, posters, invitations, etc.)
If you are needing to create high-quality graphics for ongoing content to engage with your audience, Adobe Spark is truly amazing. I found it to be better than competitors for the ease and variety of templates/graphics. Adobe Spark might be less appropriate if you are only seeking to build printable content. While they had a beta PDF export feature when I was regularly using it, I found it wasn't able to be the high-quality print-ready file I needed.
September 23, 2021

Create a Spark

David Faustina | TrustRadius Reviewer
From social media graphics to online advertising creative, Spark streamlines content creation for all departments and clients. Often, time is the number one challenge when it comes to content creation for social. The second challenge is getting stuck in what the creative should look like. It is hard to constantly think of new creativity and then create it. Spark takes care of both challenges for you so you can get social and get it out now. The templates get the creative part moving and the sky is the limit.
  • Templates for social are easy to find and use.
  • Branding presets allow logos and colors to fill in automatically, saving a ton of time.
  • Mobile ready apps allow the use of Spark on the go and on the road.
  • Community designs keep the content fresh and trending.
  • Layout constraints that demand you use a preselected layout make it near impossible to layer and go off-book with a design.
  • Presets give nice color blends and palettes but limit personal choice on a mix of colors for a design.
  • Video editing is done frame to frame and that goes for audio as well. The audio feature does not allow for continuous recording, instead, it makes you record each clip to each individual frame.
Adobe Spark offers one of the best mobile solutions to content creation on the go. The paid and unpaid plans offer a robust platform to create and socialize that content. Templates make creating easy to start and fun to finish. The app also integrates easily to Adobe CC and your membership allows premium access to Spark. Overall, Spark gives incredible access to content that can be repurposed, edited, and created to allow teams to get social content flowing with ease.
Posy Lou Durr, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe Spark has been used by my organization for content creation. We mainly used it for our Marketing Department for internal use. The Creative Team (including interaction designers) were the primary users. We created designs to be used across several social channels and amongst our team as a whole.

It addressed any holes in our content creation process and allowed us to organize our visuals and share them with ease across teams operating within the Marketing department.
  • Adobe Spark is great for creating various content types.
  • We have used it specifically to create graphics, illustrations, collages, and flyers.
  • It has been great to crank out visuals for use on various social media platforms.
  • I think price is a little high considering there are other tools out their like it.
  • The mobile app doesn’t have as many features and capabilities as the desktop version.
  • I’d like to see more free options when it comes to the platform and the trial period offered.
Adobe Spark does well for any and all types of content creation. It will let you upload your own images or you can select from its media library. This tool also offers tips and tutorial features while getting acclimated to the platform. It has a few versions that you can use: Spark Post, Spark Page, and Spark Video.

I have used Spark Post for my job previously when it comes to creating graphics for social media. I have limited experience with Spark pages, but many of my friends recommend it to create web pages. The professional themes are helpful when it comes to design and sharing capabilities have worked well for our teams.
Janae Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used mostly by content creators across our sister stations. I am the only one that uses it on the Sales/Digital Side. It is great to use for quick graphics and videos that I need to make for our social media and website. I also use it to create web banner ads as well as Facebook ads.
  • There is a great design asset library, including free photos, icons, and illustration graphics.
  • Great for keeping your brand consistent across documents.
  • Great crowdsourced templates to choose from for quick unique content creation!
  • Great new photo editing tools to quickly customize a photo.
  • The tool panels unnecessarily cover the work space at times.
  • The text shapes haven't really changed since I started using it, but its still useful with the icons tab.
  • The structure of the workspace changes a lot, sometimes without notice. It affects the UX sometimes but it's normally somewhat easy to adjust to.
Adobe Spark is well suited for social media and website/ blog use. Its branding tools are great for continuity across documents that are quick and easy to implement. They just recently added photo editing tools that can produce some really great graphics. Its mostly for quick and easy graphic creation as well as videos. Adobe Spark could also be used to create more complex projects, but you may reach a few limitations within the tools, especially with video editing.
Patrick Linsey | TrustRadius Reviewer
Extremely powerful cloud editing solution that has all the most useful features for easy and faster content creation and the faster-sharing capability within many different social media platforms. Adobe Spark design templates are quite functional and easy tools for beginners to easily adapt to their features capabilities and the end results of Adobe Spark [are] good.
  • The content creation tools
  • Editing functions are perfect
  • Video creation functionality
  • Design easy sharing
  • The image rendering tools performance can be improved.
  • Video previewing functionality can be improved.
  • Graphics image tracing tools can be more accessible.
Adobe Spark can be an excellent software for any graphics designer to simply provide various professional graphics like logos, flyers, and even banners for effective business or product advertising through different social media channels. Adobe Spark accessibility for anywhere and through any device is a big important thing about the solution.
Paul Gully | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe Spark is primarily used for our clients' work where we need to create graphics and assets in real time at events. With its mobile app, we are able to easily update and complete assets for social media whilst at live events and sports fixtures. It has solved the problem of us being able to complete this work quickly and easily in real time, enabling us to enhance the quality of the work and the services we can offer.
  • Ability to work in real time and on the fly
  • Quick and easy to use
  • Separating brands out and setting up templates for each accordingly
  • Great starter templates when needed for inspiration
  • Having better use of layers to build graphics
  • Some expansion of the video editing side - especially overlaying text
  • More stability and reliability for the mobile app version - sometimes non responsive
Spark is a great tool for quickly building up templates and designs. Especially suited for social media assets. It is very quick to learn and get going, with some great inspirational templates. So for a quick work flow and creating good designs, it's a great addition to other programs you may use. If you are just looking for quick and basic videos this is the answer, but if you would like a bit more depth to your editing and features, this would not be the best answer. Overall you can achieve some amazing end results, especially for your social channels.
Aniket Kumar Chaudhary | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a content writer and digital marketer, I have to stand out from the crowd with the unique graphic ideas that help me and my organization to grow. Adobe Spark is an easy-to-use graphic design and content creation tool. It has an image editor, a website builder, and a video-making tool capable of creating simple, yet beautiful and impactful content that requires no prior design skills or spending time learning their forms. In short, Adobe Spark is an all-in-one web application for creating and sharing visual stories that will amaze your audience from whatever device they access.
  • Templates: Once you select the template, just edit it according to need, which makes it a huge time-saver.
  • Intuitive design: In case you don't want or can't find a template that you like, you can freely design in Adobe Spark. The software focuses on very straightforward functionality, with custom fields and alignments of buttons with very clear labels. The whole design is quite intuitive and guides users from one step to another without the need for many instructions.
  • Autosave: It may seem unimportant, but the fact that Adobe Spark saves all the changes you make automatically and constantly frees you from any worry.
  • Includes free high-resolution images from Unsplash, as well as prepaid high-quality stock photos from Adobe Stock.
  • No skills needed: It is incredibly easy to use in that you don't need prior knowledge.
  • Content and print management offered.
  • In the free version, all pages and videos are branded with the Adobe Spark watermark.
  • Access to Android is limited to the graphics creation tool.
  • Videos are only 30 seconds long.
What sets Adobe Spark applications apart is that they are much easier to use than most Adobe tools. Unlike its more popular and specialized counterparts, like Photoshop, Premiere Pro, or Dreamweaver, the Adobe Spark learning process is so easy.

Among Adobe Spark Page, Adobe Spark Post, and Adobe Spark Video, each task has its own iOS app in the app store, but only Adobe Spark Post is available for Android at the moment.
I'm not sure whether Adobe Spark is used across the organization, but we use it within the marketing department of our faculty. It helps us create our own templates that we can share between users so we can keep our branding consistent across many social media accounts. It's easy to share our concepts with teammates and get feedback so we can further develop ideas.
  • The user interface is really simple and straight forward.
  • The product is being continually updated and seems to be responsive to users "wish list" items.
  • It's super easy to create a brand, so you're always using the right fonts and colours.
  • Spark's video possibilities could be improved - I'd really like to see more options for animating text. Animoto is a great example of this. But the video is already improving, so perhaps these options are coming!
  • Sometimes images don't download properly from the web app and I have to download using the phone app and then transfer to my desktop for scheduling.
  • It would be cool if there was an approve / feedback option, so you could request feedback from a team member without having to share a link and send a separate email.
I love Spark for almost all my image creation needs.
When I want to do really detailed work, I still use Adobe PhotoShop or Illustrator.
I wish Spark had a better slideshow-type video option, with animated text (like Animoto). I've created workarounds where I create animated images in Spark Post and then added them to a Spark Video, but that's a bit of a pain.
I use it for designing social media posts. It makes it easier to design to start from templates instead of from scratch. It gives quick editing functionality. I find the interface is limited and sometimes difficult to navigate but it is still an alternative for quickly coming up with a social media post in general.
  • Suggest design templates
  • Suggest color combinations
  • Remove beackground
  • More flexible color choices
  • Easier navigation and options
  • Need More blending modes
  • More effect capabilities for more design functions
  • Selection is difficult when element s is clustered
Design a generic poster for an Instagram campaign when you are away from a computer and only have an iPad or phone at your disposal.
September 22, 2021

Spark up your Marketing!

Adobe Spark has been a great tool for my personal brand within my org. My company does not use the service, however individual sales teams are allowed to use it to put together marketing graphics for LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook etc. I utilize the app over the webpage due to its ease of use. Within a few minutes, I have new marketing material I can post on my personal social media that ties into my business. Being able to personally put together marketing material without having to hire a team is cost-saving, and given the user friendly platform on the app, it's easy to accomplish.
  • Ease of use
  • Lots of templates already established
  • Free options available
  • Professional looking marketing material for new users
  • web platform is difficult to use, stick to app
  • the function which allows you to change fonts using the circle, great tool but you can never go back to a previous font so scroll very slowly until you find something you like
  • I don't see a linkedIn post option, just a LinkedIn story option
Perfect for a single user that doesn't want to hire a marketing team. I use it to post all of my recent real estate closings, utilizing pictures and graphics to highlight the transactions. May not be appropriate for somebody that has a large marketing budget and a team familiar with photoshop. Spark is great for smaller teams/individuals and may be a little too amateur for larger teams with budgets.
I use Adobe Spark to create and share social media graphics and videos for the University Athletics social media pages. This makes it quick and easy to post information faster and provides a steady stream of templates and design choices that increase engagement with our social media followers as well as our athletes.
  • Lots of good designs and Templates
  • Several exporting options
  • New updates allow for more editing choices
  • Even more templates could be good
  • More sports options
  • Needs better save points to allow us to revert to a specific point of editing
I think Adobe Spark is great for those who do not have a lot of experience with graphic design or photography. Use it to post quick and easy images and information on social media. I would not recommend it to be used for more advanced graphics and more detailed posts.
I use Adobe Spark for projects with middle school students. I think it's important for them to learn how to use graphic design tools, and Adobe Spark is a kid-friendly option with a lot of different design choices. I use it in my classroom, and all of my students sign up with free accounts.
  • Design
  • Template Options
  • User-Friendly
  • Editing is not always easy
  • Movement and size-changing does not work like Google
  • Final product has watermark without paid subscription
It's a really easy online design tool, so I would recommend it to anyone! I particularly like to use it in the classroom because I think it's a little easier than Canva--a tool that I would say is very similar. There are slightly fewer options, which can make it a little less overwhelming for kids.
Stacey Stearns | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Adobe Spark to create short videos about our programs, and for social media posts. I love that it is easy to use and allows me to make professional videos without the skills of a videographer. There are stock photos available in the software, and I use the stock music that's available from the software as well. It offers tips as you are creating your video, and overall allows you to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time.
  • Easy to use.
  • Creates a professional quality product.
  • Stock images and music within the software.
  • A preview link can be sent to colleagues for editing and review.
  • There are limits to how/where you can place the text.
  • The stock music selection is limited - I'm running out of choices.
  • It's meant for short videos - nothing too long.
  • The default on each slide in a video is two seconds - remember to increase the tie if you want to hold viewers for longer.
Content creators, communicators, or anyone with a message to share and a story to tell. We use Adobe Spark regularly to create educational outreach materials, share our impacts from programs, or to inform audiences about our work. The software is easy to use and has helped us expand to new mediums in a budget-friendly manner.

Adobe Spark Scorecard Summary

What is Adobe Spark?

Adobe Spark is a web and mobile app designed to make it easy to stand out at the speed of social, and it helps users to create social media posts, stories, advertisements, logos, flyers, and banners that look professional. Users can also add a brand, add Adobe Fonts so that work stands out, and access thousands of templates and assets.

Adobe Spark Features

• Supported: Beautiful typography - Pick from thousands of free images and icons for designs.
  • Supported: Professional themes - Invite others to work on branded projects and tag-team edit.
  • Supported: Share everywhere - Create unique designs from exclusive premium templates.
  • Supported: Iconic imagery - Remove the Adobe Spark watermark from all projects.
  • Supported: Make an impact - Personalize any project with a logo, colors, and fonts in one tap.
  • Supported: Mobile and web - Create from branded templates and themes.

Adobe Spark Screenshots

Spark lets you turn your text and photos into a professional-looking, attention-getting graphic.Transform words, images, and videos into dynamic web stories with Spark.Spark makes it easy to combine video clips, photos, icons, and voiceovers  — to create compelling video stories.

Adobe Spark Video