Adobe XD is a prototyping and UX/UI option for website and mobile application design, featuring a range of UI tools and and templates, a versatile artboard and contextual layer panels, and deep integration with Adobe's creative suite of products for fast import of objects from these applications.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/U9/zi/U2VSCA3GJV69.JPEGApplication mockups made easy. REALLY easy.Adobe XD is used to create mock ups of software before being sent to our application development team. The applications are typically simple information and links to resources for nurses and staff in clinical environments. As educators we have found that our internal customers are very receptive to accessing resources via apps on their mobile devices, much more so than on a designated work computer. XD has been integral to our development of this.,User friendly, dissimilar to many adobe products that have a steep learning curve. Simplifies Application development with interactive prototypes. Gives you the ability to create really attractive prototypes and integrates with Photoshop / Illustrator seamlessly.,It would be great if the software helped to generate usable code. It does not. Only allows for simple transitions and not many effects. Image editing within the application is limited. Should at least be able to crop images.,10,Positive ROI ... streamlines scope of the application building process. Prevents miscommunication issues between development team and the application requester. Streamlines the aesthetics when the users can create mock-ups of what they are looking for.,,Adobe Photoshop, Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio,8,,Saving developers time from incomplete or changing needs requirements. Preventing scope creep. Reducing the overall cost of application development by having the end users involved in the creation of what they need.,To allow users to mock up eLearning ideas. Allowing end users to utlize the software as well as developers. Creating an interactive org chart application.,Designing applications for training. Creating mock ups for gamified online Learning. Developing waypoint applications for navigation around facilities.,9,No,Price,If the software was not included with a pre bundled package we would need to evaluate other software and make selections based on our needs and the features of the other available software. Unfortunately I am not able to speak to this as much as I would had the software not been included in a bundle.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Adoption from the users Adoption from the application development team Training users to use the software.,10,5,Nope. We have never had to use Adobe support, which speaks to the quality and usability of the product!,Designing software mockups Navigating logically from slide to slide Editing text and where buttons and links lead to.,Editing images must be done by switching to photoshop / illustrator. Opening content is sometimes a bit of a pain as you can't just click to open, it needs to be done through the file explorer. Starting from scratch may prove difficult to some users, more templates would be nice.,8Intuitive and lightweight. One of Adobe's best creations.Adobe XD has been a great tool for creating high fidelity mockups of website designs. The tools and interface are very intuitive to use, and the "repeat" feature is one of my favorites. It's usually the feature I miss most when using a different tool. Although Adobe XD has good prototyping functionality built in, I haven't used it very much at this point. From the little bit I have used it, I'd say it works great.,Adobe XD keeps shapes aligned to a grid properly. Coming from Adobe Illustrator, this was very refreshing. This makes it much easier to get everything pixel perfect. Adobe XD's file sizes are small! Illustrator has an unfortunate habit of creating files that are quite large. Adobe XD was built from the ground up to be light and streamlined. In addition to the interface, etc. they did a great job at making the saved files nice and light too. It's easy to export designs, or even just design assets. In Illustrator, I had to separate assets from other design elements in order to export them. In Adobe XD, you can export something in isolation, just by having the item selected.,The area I usually run into problems with Adobe XD is when I'm trying to accomplish a complicated or intricate object alteration. This usually happens when I'm designing icons or logos. Logo design should be done in Illustrator and moved over to Adobe XD once it's finished. There are a couple odd things here and there that make things tricky. In Illustrator, locked layers can't be selected. They're visible to you, but invisible to your mouse. In Adobe XD, locked layers are still selectable. This makes it harder to select a layer under another layer (example: a photo under a gradient layer). Adobe XD has been a little slow in rolling out new features (such as underlined text). They're taking their time to get things right, but it can still be frustrating at times. There are still areas where we're waiting for additional functionality to be added such as better control over shadows, and the ability to have multiple shadows. Breaking the borders into individual sides would be great too. It's strange to have something easily accomplished in html/css, but not in the design program. Unfortunately, some of these things are typical of design programs, not just Adobe XD.,9,Adobe XD has reduced the amount of time I need to spend on mockup up designs. I like to keep versions of the designs I work on. A single webpage design might have 15 versions. The greatly reduced file size of Adobe XD compared to Illustrator means I'm not burning through near as much harddrive space.,Adobe Illustrator CC,Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUpWhat we've been looking forWe are using XD for wireframes, website mockups, and interactive prototyping. It's being used by our Marketing Department. XD allows us to quickly wireframe ideas, reuse components from existing designs and get fully functioning prototypes to stakeholders faster than we've ever been able to iterate before. By integrating natively with the creative cloud, our existing catalog of assets work flawlessly.,Wireframing/high fidelity mockups. We're using it for both responsive websites and apps. Prototyping. It just gets better with each update, especially with auto-automate. Ridiculously small learning curve. In my opinion, everything seems to be just where I would expect it to be, especially being familiar with other Adobe products.,Rulers and other basic design elements. You can get plugins, but I feel this should be native. Better handling of symbols. I feel they will get to near Sketch-level sooner than later. Online collaboration for teams working on the same project. My guess is this will be coming very soon with the new cloud save feature.,9,Ease of use means we are up and running in no time. Integrates and is a part of the Adobe CC platform (which we already subscribe to) so there was no additional cost. Online proofing and developer handoff links are the icing on the cake. Keeps everything in one place. Handles all our assets (mostly created in Illustrator) like a dream. Even imports native Photoshop docs, too, so that saves us so much time round tripping.,Sketch, Marvel, InVision and Axure RP,Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Photoshop, inMotion, Microsoft Visual Studio Code
Adobe XD

Adobe XD Reviews

Adobe XD
Filter 13 vetted Adobe XD reviews and ratings

D Walwyn profile photo
November 26, 2018

Adobe XD Review: "Application mockups made easy. REALLY easy."

• User friendly, dissimilar to many adobe products that have a steep learning curve.
  • Simplifies Application development with interactive prototypes.
  • Gives you the ability to create really attractive prototypes and integrates with Photoshop / Illustrator seamlessly.
  • It would be great if the software helped to generate usable code. It does not.
  • Only allows for simple transitions and not many effects.
  • Image editing within the application is limited. Should at least be able to crop images.
Many times in the past the needs of the users weren't necessarily conveyed properly to the application development team which resulted in a lot of unusable work. By having the requester utilize Adobe XD to create a mock up of the software with the intended functionality has been a very successful way of alleviating the aforementioned miscommunication issues.
Read D Walwyn's full review
Brandon Zell profile photo
November 01, 2018

Adobe XD Review: "Intuitive and lightweight. One of Adobe's best creations."

• Adobe XD keeps shapes aligned to a grid properly. Coming from Adobe Illustrator, this was very refreshing. This makes it much easier to get everything pixel perfect.
  • Adobe XD's file sizes are small! Illustrator has an unfortunate habit of creating files that are quite large. Adobe XD was built from the ground up to be light and streamlined. In addition to the interface, etc. they did a great job at making the saved files nice and light too.
  • It's easy to export designs, or even just design assets. In Illustrator, I had to separate assets from other design elements in order to export them. In Adobe XD, you can export something in isolation, just by having the item selected.
  • The area I usually run into problems with Adobe XD is when I'm trying to accomplish a complicated or intricate object alteration. This usually happens when I'm designing icons or logos. Logo design should be done in Illustrator and moved over to Adobe XD once it's finished.
  • There are a couple odd things here and there that make things tricky. In Illustrator, locked layers can't be selected. They're visible to you, but invisible to your mouse. In Adobe XD, locked layers are still selectable. This makes it harder to select a layer under another layer (example: a photo under a gradient layer).
  • Adobe XD has been a little slow in rolling out new features (such as underlined text). They're taking their time to get things right, but it can still be frustrating at times. There are still areas where we're waiting for additional functionality to be added such as better control over shadows, and the ability to have multiple shadows. Breaking the borders into individual sides would be great too. It's strange to have something easily accomplished in html/css, but not in the design program. Unfortunately, some of these things are typical of design programs, not just Adobe XD.
Adobe XD is excellent for designing apps, websites, any interface really. Not great for icon or logo design.
Read Brandon Zell's full review
January 14, 2019

Adobe XD Review: "What we've been looking for"

• Wireframing/high fidelity mockups. We're using it for both responsive websites and apps.
  • Prototyping. It just gets better with each update, especially with auto-automate.
  • Ridiculously small learning curve. In my opinion, everything seems to be just where I would expect it to be, especially being familiar with other Adobe products.
  • Rulers and other basic design elements. You can get plugins, but I feel this should be native.
  • Better handling of symbols. I feel they will get to near Sketch-level sooner than later.
  • Online collaboration for teams working on the same project. My guess is this will be coming very soon with the new cloud save feature.
From the novice designer just getting their feet wet on UX/UI design to teams of scale, this software is a good fit. At the rate they are improving it, there is a chance XD can replace so many tools to fit almost any workflow (esp. Sketch/InVision/Abstract). However, it may be missing some key features at the moment for complex prototyping where Axure is still king.

About Adobe XD