Reviews (1-5 of 5)
March 16, 2019
Score 1 out of 10
ADP TotalSource was chosen as a PEO, after considering other providers. It was chosen because it was an established and national PEO that represented that it had outstanding reporting capability.
- During my 1 and 1/2 years of frustration, ADP does nothing well.
- They failed to file wages with the state for over 1 and 1/2 years
- They classified 401k contributions as after tax and then had to amend form W-2 on multiple employees
- They represented that short-term disability insurance was available during the proposal process, and after signing, side that it was in fact, not available, or a true bait and switch.
- Their platform is very outdated and even their consultants cannot maneuver around and create reports.
- It is very difficult to reach your assigned representative.
- The executive of their customer service provides all kinds of promises but does not execute on promises
- Choosing ADP was one of my biggest regrets and I would like to prevent this same experience from happening to any other small business.
Read Connie Bechtolt, CPA, MBA's full review
I don't believe ADP is well suited to the PEO market. Small businesses, who typically rely on PEOs, need service. A company like ADP makes profit from high volume. The small business owner is not serviced well by ADP and in fact, is subject to being out of statutory compliance with state reporting requirements. That is not well suited to any business.
March 29, 2019
Score 5 out of 10
ADP TotalSource is being used as a Professional Employer Organization (PEO). As part of a larger organization, we allow the group to leverage or aggregate workforce toward better benefit offers (among other perks). Being a PEO service, we also look to ADP Totalsource for many functions that would normally be offered in house by a human resources department. Finally, the majority of our payroll-related services are executed by ADP.
- Their payroll software offers the expected levels of security/controls regarding timecard approvals.
- Personally, I have found their "canned" reporting software pretty easy to use.
- As far as account representatives, William (Bill) Eddy has been a pleasure to work with. The majority of the other individuals assigned to our account have left a poor taste in my mouth. Terrence Jeffrey Malari was a great deal of help in working through some personal questions I had. Actually, the representatives assigned to individual needs seem to be pretty helpful, the account team could use some additional training.
- ADP built a custom report that is capable of uploading directly into our general ledger.
- Many of the individuals that have been assigned to our account over the years have provided a poor level of service. Typically, the poor service was due to lack of training (they appeared to be genuinely trying). Recently, I have had great success with William (Bill) Eddy.
- We have observed rising fees over the years. After shopping the market, it appears that these fees are not in line with what we should be observing.
Read this authenticated review
ADP TotalSource (as a PEO) is well-suited for companies that need a little help acquiring the next tier of benefit offerings from payers. Assuming they continue providing additional training to account representatives, they are well suited for companies who would like to reduce their exposure to payroll and human resources. The service is less appropriate for smaller companies who can easily handle payroll functions in house.
June 13, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
TotalSource was used by the HR Department on a daily basis. Employees were encouraged to use TotalSource to view their paychecks and benefits, submit a life event, change their personal information, manage withholdings and direct deposit. In HR, it was used to manage employee benefits, submit payroll, manage disability among many other areas. I was an HR department of one which made TotalSource a vital tool in my day to day work. If I were unavailable or was unable to answer an employee question, TotalSource was my support.
- The prebuilt reports were excellent
- TotalSource came with the Employee Service Center support - the best part of TS
- The software integrated with our time keeping system which made payroll a little easier
- While the prebuilt reports were great, I would have to contact TS in order to get a custom report. This only happened a few times because like I said, they had a variety of prebuilt reports that fit my needs
- iReports was implemented and it became more difficult to find employee paystubs and find YTD pay
Read Kimberly Cavanaugh, PHR's full review
ADP TotalSource is my company's PEO. Being an HR department of one, the support I received from the was worth its weight in gold. They have so many resources already in place that I was able to make use of instead of researching and creating myself. One part of having them as a PEO that I wasn't a fan of, was the limitations we had in choosing our benefit carriers. They had contracts with two health carriers to choose from. So if we weren't happy with rates, there was only so much room to negotiate, at the carriers knew that.
April 12, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
ADP TotalSource is being used across my whole organization. I have also used it at 2 other organizations prior to this one as well. Currently, I use it mainly to check my bi-weekly pay and how much was taken out for various taxes and what not. I also have used it over the past few months to verify information for tax information. ADP TotalSource helps to solve many problems such as pay or tax information. One issue that people often have with resources such as this is privacy and when you are viewing ADP Totalsource, you can go into privacy mode so no one sitting around you can see the various numbers on your screen.
- It does a great job of keeping track of all your pay at various other jobs that also use ADP TotalSource. You can easily log in and verify any information that you might need to check on.
- The privacy feature is really great so that only you can see documents with financial information on them.
- The app is also really handy and easily accessible. You can pull up anything in a pinch if you don't have access to your work computer at the same time that you need to look up something.
- I wish that there was a feature that would allow you to do some financial planning with your money.
- If you can't remember your password or username, it is really hard to retrieve and they always take a long time to get back to you.
- One other con is that it is not always the easiest to navigate and sometimes you don't realize that you have gone to a different screen and then it gets you out of everything and you have to do the log in process all over. This would be more of an issue if you were using a computer instead of the mobile app.
Read this authenticated review
ADP Totalsource is well suited for any size company. It is a functional warehouse of information and is especially handy for an HR department and a great investment. It should eliminate employees coming to you all the time with questions about their pay or other financial questions. It is also great if you are someone that switches from one company to another often because it will store all of your information for you. If you do not know about the privacy setting, that could be an issue because then others could view your personal financial information. I would not recommend purchasing if your company is incredibly small depending on how profitable your company and what industry you are in.
February 16, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
ADP is used company-wide for various HR and payroll services. Our HR department handles onboarding, benefits, and payroll through ADP for a 30 person company that has expanded two-fold in the past year. Thus far, ADP has scaled extremely well with us as we have grown, and we have yet to experience a single hiccup involving payroll or benefits that didn't involve user error.
- ADP handles payroll extremely well. Employees are able to check on their paystubs within seconds without having to contact HR, benefits are clearly displayed, and the various interfaces are helpful.
- ADP has invested pretty heavily in customer service. There isn't any issue you can't receive almost immediate help for by contacting ADP directly.
- ADP scales well with new additions, this is particularly important for growing companies.
- The interface is dated, which is pretty typical amongst various HR software.
- There are several paths to the same points which can lead to confusion for users. Just for example, ADP has three ways to view a paystub off the top of my head, none of which offer anything unique.
- ADP has some strange quirks that sometimes require workarounds. One of our employees had to opt out of physical paychecks several times over across four separate areas to finally stop receiving letters.
Read this authenticated review
ADP is perfect for HR departments or employers that are looking for a simple, easy to use HR solution. There is nothing particularly complex about using ADP for your companies payroll and benefits, which is a boon for most HR departments. I wouldn't suggest ADP if you are looking for a more robust solution to your HR and benefits; or something that has a really well polished and "pretty" UI.
ADP TotalSource Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ADP TotalSource
ADP TotalSource is a professional employer organization (PEO) that provides strategic HR outsourcing. It includes services and technology to manage employee benefits, payroll, compliance, risk management, safety, and recruiting. Users have access to an online portal for things like self-service reporting, generating pay statements, and managing applicant resumes/interviews. Help from the service center and industry experts is available by phone.
Categories: HR Management
ADP TotalSource Competitors
ADP TotalSource Technical Details