https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/hm/vu/6BZTKDZXZ3JD.JPEGCustomer first at ADP TotalSourceTotalSource was used by the HR Department on a daily basis. Employees were encouraged to use TotalSource to view their paychecks and benefits, submit a life event, change their personal information, manage withholdings and direct deposit. In HR, it was used to manage employee benefits, submit payroll, manage disability among many other areas. I was an HR department of one which made TotalSource a vital tool in my day to day work. If I were unavailable or was unable to answer an employee question, TotalSource was my support.,The prebuilt reports were excellent TotalSource came with the Employee Service Center support - the best part of TS The software integrated with our time keeping system which made payroll a little easier,While the prebuilt reports were great, I would have to contact TS in order to get a custom report. This only happened a few times because like I said, they had a variety of prebuilt reports that fit my needs iReports was implemented and it became more difficult to find employee paystubs and find YTD pay,8,Employee satisfaction with the Employee Service Center was high TotalSource's employee support is like having a PT HR employee on staff! At times, if I needed a tailored report, it would take time to get ADP to build it for me and get it back. Not a lot of time, but not as easy as doing it myself.,Paychex Flex and UltiPro,iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software SuiteNothing tracks pay like ADP Totalsource!ADP TotalSource is being used across my whole organization. I have also used it at 2 other organizations prior to this one as well. Currently, I use it mainly to check my bi-weekly pay and how much was taken out for various taxes and what not. I also have used it over the past few months to verify information for tax information. ADP TotalSource helps to solve many problems such as pay or tax information. One issue that people often have with resources such as this is privacy and when you are viewing ADP Totalsource, you can go into privacy mode so no one sitting around you can see the various numbers on your screen.,It does a great job of keeping track of all your pay at various other jobs that also use ADP TotalSource. You can easily log in and verify any information that you might need to check on. The privacy feature is really great so that only you can see documents with financial information on them. The app is also really handy and easily accessible. You can pull up anything in a pinch if you don't have access to your work computer at the same time that you need to look up something.,I wish that there was a feature that would allow you to do some financial planning with your money. If you can't remember your password or username, it is really hard to retrieve and they always take a long time to get back to you. One other con is that it is not always the easiest to navigate and sometimes you don't realize that you have gone to a different screen and then it gets you out of everything and you have to do the log in process all over. This would be more of an issue if you were using a computer instead of the mobile app.,9,It has helped us to keep track of various financial information for employees and this has helped our HR department. We were trying to find a system that was more user-friendly and many people are able to use this pretty easily. We found more cost effective methods to do absence management and goal setting because this system was too expensive and cumbersome for us.,Workday Human Capital Management,Workday Human Capital Management, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, SurveyMonkeyADP is HR done simply.ADP is used company-wide for various HR and payroll services. Our HR department handles onboarding, benefits, and payroll through ADP for a 30 person company that has expanded two-fold in the past year. Thus far, ADP has scaled extremely well with us as we have grown, and we have yet to experience a single hiccup involving payroll or benefits that didn't involve user error.,ADP handles payroll extremely well. Employees are able to check on their paystubs within seconds without having to contact HR, benefits are clearly displayed, and the various interfaces are helpful. ADP has invested pretty heavily in customer service. There isn't any issue you can't receive almost immediate help for by contacting ADP directly. ADP scales well with new additions, this is particularly important for growing companies.,The interface is dated, which is pretty typical amongst various HR software. There are several paths to the same points which can lead to confusion for users. Just for example, ADP has three ways to view a paystub off the top of my head, none of which offer anything unique. ADP has some strange quirks that sometimes require workarounds. One of our employees had to opt out of physical paychecks several times over across four separate areas to finally stop receiving letters.,7,ADP has made onboarding a breeze, which has saved us a ton of time in the hiring process. Freeing up employees to start work as soon as possible is extremely valuable in any space. ADP doesn't need direct oversight most of the time, it being a very "set it and forget it" type of platform frees up our HR department for other things.,Workable and BambooHR,Google Search Console
ADP TotalSource

ADP TotalSource Reviews

ADP TotalSource
Filter 15 vetted ADP TotalSource reviews and ratings
Kimberly Cavanaugh, PHR profile photo
June 13, 2018

User Review: "Customer first at ADP TotalSource"

• The prebuilt reports were excellent
  • TotalSource came with the Employee Service Center support - the best part of TS
  • The software integrated with our time keeping system which made payroll a little easier
  • While the prebuilt reports were great, I would have to contact TS in order to get a custom report. This only happened a few times because like I said, they had a variety of prebuilt reports that fit my needs
  • iReports was implemented and it became more difficult to find employee paystubs and find YTD pay
ADP TotalSource is my company's PEO. Being an HR department of one, the support I received from the was worth its weight in gold. They have so many resources already in place that I was able to make use of instead of researching and creating myself. One part of having them as a PEO that I wasn't a fan of, was the limitations we had in choosing our benefit carriers. They had contracts with two health carriers to choose from. So if we weren't happy with rates, there was only so much room to negotiate, at the carriers knew that.
Read Kimberly Cavanaugh, PHR's full review
April 12, 2018

Review: "Nothing tracks pay like ADP Totalsource!"

• It does a great job of keeping track of all your pay at various other jobs that also use ADP TotalSource. You can easily log in and verify any information that you might need to check on.
  • The privacy feature is really great so that only you can see documents with financial information on them.
  • The app is also really handy and easily accessible. You can pull up anything in a pinch if you don't have access to your work computer at the same time that you need to look up something.
  • I wish that there was a feature that would allow you to do some financial planning with your money.
  • If you can't remember your password or username, it is really hard to retrieve and they always take a long time to get back to you.
  • One other con is that it is not always the easiest to navigate and sometimes you don't realize that you have gone to a different screen and then it gets you out of everything and you have to do the log in process all over. This would be more of an issue if you were using a computer instead of the mobile app.
ADP Totalsource is well suited for any size company. It is a functional warehouse of information and is especially handy for an HR department and a great investment. It should eliminate employees coming to you all the time with questions about their pay or other financial questions. It is also great if you are someone that switches from one company to another often because it will store all of your information for you. If you do not know about the privacy setting, that could be an issue because then others could view your personal financial information. I would not recommend purchasing if your company is incredibly small depending on how profitable your company and what industry you are in.
February 16, 2018

ADP TotalSource Review: "ADP is HR done simply."

• ADP handles payroll extremely well. Employees are able to check on their paystubs within seconds without having to contact HR, benefits are clearly displayed, and the various interfaces are helpful.
  • ADP has invested pretty heavily in customer service. There isn't any issue you can't receive almost immediate help for by contacting ADP directly.
  • ADP scales well with new additions, this is particularly important for growing companies.
  • The interface is dated, which is pretty typical amongst various HR software.
  • There are several paths to the same points which can lead to confusion for users. Just for example, ADP has three ways to view a paystub off the top of my head, none of which offer anything unique.
  • ADP has some strange quirks that sometimes require workarounds. One of our employees had to opt out of physical paychecks several times over across four separate areas to finally stop receiving letters.
ADP is perfect for HR departments or employers that are looking for a simple, easy to use HR solution. There is nothing particularly complex about using ADP for your companies payroll and benefits, which is a boon for most HR departments. I wouldn't suggest ADP if you are looking for a more robust solution to your HR and benefits; or something that has a really well polished and "pretty" UI.

ADP TotalSource Scorecard Summary

Employee demographic data (3)
Employment history (3)
Job profiles and administration (3)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (3)
Organizational charting (2)
Organization and location management (3)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (3)
Pay calculation (3)
Support for external payroll vendors (3)
9.7
Benefit plan administration (3)
Direct deposit files (3)
Salary revision and increment management (3)
Reimbursement management (1)
Approval workflow (2)
Balance details (2)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (2)
View and generate pay and benefit information (3)
Update personal information (3)
View company policy documentation (3)
Employee recognition (2)
View job history (3)
Tracking of all physical assets (2)
Report builder (2)
Pre-built reports (2)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (2)
New hire portal (2)
Manager tracking tools (2)
Corporate goal setting (1)
Individual goal setting (1)
Line-of sight-visibility (1)
Performance tracking (1)
Performance plans (1)
Performance improvement plans (1)
Review status tracking (1)
Review reminders (1)
Multiple review frequency (1)
Create succession plans/pools (1)
Candidate ranking (1)
Candidate search (1)
Candidate development (1)
Job Requisition Management (1)
Company Website Posting (1)
Publish to Social Media (1)
Job Search Site Posting (1)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (1)
Applicant Tracking (1)
Notifications and Alerts (1)

About ADP TotalSource

ADP TotalSource is a professional employer organization (PEO) that provides strategic HR outsourcing. It includes services and technology to manage employee benefits, payroll, compliance, risk management, safety, and recruiting. Users have access to an online portal for things like self-service reporting, generating pay statements, and managing applicant resumes/interviews. Help from the service center and industry experts is available by phone.