Reviews (1-25 of 631)
- User Friendly, lots of video tutorials and online training.
- Centralized web based application, can be used from anywhere.
- WORST Customer Service Ever. Great Product but sometimes useless when the support is non-existent, or doesn't know what needs to be done.
- Hit and miss with the Implementation Specialist for different Modules.
But the worst I have experienced so far is the lack of continuity on the sales or account executives. It can be frustrating to start a process with one account or major accounts representative and have that person move to a new roll within the same organization and there is no follow up from them or from their department, leaving you out in the cold. It is equally frustrating to start an implementation process with them and after a year has passed still have issues and the implementation specialist is nowhere to be found. Great System But Worst Customer Service.
- The finger punch system for time keeping is very easy to use.
- Paperless information is easier for employees to access.
- The reports ADP provides have a lot to be desired. Very hard to use and manipulate.
- Recovering previous year's information is very difficult.
- Cloud-Based Storage and Software is a definite WIN for us!
- Payroll and filing taxes has become so much easier over the years, especially with the changing local taxes!!!
- I would like the employee' individual pages to open up to their basic information and then allow me to move around. I like quick access to SSN, DOB, hire date, etc. all in one place so that I can answer questions quickly.
- I would love to have access to more modules in the Essential Package without all of the excess fees. We are a small company and it would be great to have even limited access to performance management and recruiting manager.
- They have a wide variety of standard reports that are used by our company.
- The speed of loading hours from E-Time to ADP Workforce Now have greatly increased, making my processing go a lot smoother.
- Even though the speed of which loading hours from E-Time to ADP has increased, the time it takes to export information then load it onto E-Time is still pretty lengthy. Still hoping that one day that process gets a fix.
- Our Human Resources Dept have had issues with carrier connections during our open enrollment whereby some employees had an incorrect benefit deduction and we had to make adjustments. This issue had been going on for at least 6 months and I'm not sure if it has been corrected yet.
- The flow of data from Workforce Now to Payroll - one system saves me a lot of time
- The ability to add apps like the Org Chart - we no longer have the responsibility of updating an org chart manually
- Wish I could view and save an electronically signed offer letter
- It would be very helpful and save me time if when we hire a candidate in the recruiting system, that their resume, application, background screening, offer letter, signed background consent would flow over to Workforce Now in the Employee Documents. Right now I have to save all of the individual documents and then upload them to their employee file manually
- All employee information is easy to find through profiles (Pay Profile)
- Pay summaries in the profile are easy to get
- Report designing could be made more user friendly
- Pay summaries could show which departments the hours on the summaries are related to
- ADP's Client Services division is dedicated to helping us! I have called them numerous times and every time they have an answer to my question, basically saving the day!
- The WFN Reporting feature is amazing! It's so robust! There are a bunch of reports already created that you can choose from to fit your needs. You can also create a custom report, which is simple. If you need assistance, you can call Client Services and one of the awesome reps can help!
- We have a handful of employees who earn a salary and an hourly rate for other duties. This has to be done as a manual entry because the hourly rate overrides the salary. It would be nice to have an hourly rate on the timecard and the salary still remain intact.
- We have an Employee Referral Program and we track it through WFN. There is an area on the Employment Profile to record the hiring source. It would be nice to have a field that populates when Employee Referral is selected to input the name of the employee who referred to the new hire.
- ADP is fantastic about communicating to the administrators of any updates and/or changes that will occur to the system.
- They offer free webinars to their customers.
- Client Support is just amazing! They are so helpful and always have the answers.
- The reporting features are one of the reasons I love Workforce Now.
- We provide a referral bonus to employees who refer someone to work for us. In the Employment Profile, on the Employment tile, I would like to see a field to enter in the employee's name who referred them.
- Robust reporting capabilities.
- Document archival for easy recall of past payroll/tax history.
- More seamless integration between timekeeping and payroll processing modules.
- Security settings with more flexibility by company code instead of global settings for a few items.
- Master Record access for multiple FEINs under one parent company (the United States only).
- Great resource within the ADP Bridge for talking to other professionals for advice.
- Dedicated Account Managers (AM) are terrible - We have on many occasions been told incorrect information on how to do things or on why something "went wrong or why something within ADP broke". We question it and give reasons why it doesn't make sense, it turns out the reason we were given was incorrect after all. I have had to do my own research via the ADP Bridge and bring solutions to my AM or go around her to her supervisor to kick start a project. She has admitted that she "learns so much from us." They won't give us a new Dedicated Account Manager even though we've asked and been told we will get one. Anyone who is any good leaves.
- Always "upgrading" ADP or doing system maintenance which then breaks ADP WFN and then they deny it is down and it will be down for hours on end - especially on payroll days.
If you have supervisors on second shift approving time cards
you may run into trouble approving timecards as they do system updates almost
once a month on Fridays at midnight which locks supervisors out from approving
It has recently come to my attention by my Account Manager
that the ADP WFN system cannot truly handle multiple payrolls in one day under
a single master record database, so if you have to process multiple in one day
(example have multiple FEINs that process the same day) there could be
glitches. It doesn't always happen but they cannot ensure they will not happen.
Certain functionalities in the system can become corrupted and they do not have
checks and balances in place to prevent it or for you the user to know audit
for it until after it is too late. For example, we have a ride along with our time
and attendance batch that puts the timestamps on our paystubs and it can
glitch on us because we have several FEINs that process payroll on the same day
under our master record. We were never told about this until after. Be warned.
It is used across the whole organization.
It addresses employee discrepancies and verifies their timecard balances. We also use it to verify vacation balances, enter benefits, and payroll. We use Workforce now to integrate with other 3rd party sources for the benefits that we currently offer to employees. If there have been discrepancies with integrations and enrollment dates we've utilized ADP to validate the correct enrollment dates to send to the 3rd party carrier so we can ensure that our employees have the coverage they opted for.
It was well suited for when we had to verify enrollment dates for an employee, according to the 3rd party carrier they did not receive the integration until after the open enrollment period. Once we discovered what the issue was we were able to go in and screenshot when the enrollment period began for the employee's benefits then send what documentation we had to ensure the employee remained covered.
Now, with that, we didn't understand why ADP had not sent over the integration until after January 1 as this had caused some employees to lose coverage and we had to back track to understanding what happened and why causing unnecessary additional work when the integration was supposed to be completed in mid-December.
- User-friendly and easy to navigate.
- The Bridge is a great resource.
- Support teams are not responsive or do not understand issues.
- Support teams are overworked and overloaded. They cannot meet customer needs.
- Multi-level approval process for employee record changes.
- Approvals for time-off requests.
- When you switch employees between company codes.
- Calculating state ordered medical & child support orders at the same time with low income. It does well on just child support but will not take the state ordered medical into account.
- Access to information through a single sign-on.
- User-friendly and limited training is needed for new hires.
- Past year reporting on some items is limited due to the annual reset of accumulators.
- In my opinion, some upgrades are not needed and the time could have been spent elsewhere - The appearance of the web-views for example. They were fine before.
- Very user-friendly - So many different videos and help guides to learn when you don’t know how to do something.
- Tons of reports - Even if there is not standard report for what you need, there is always a way to build one. The new grabber feature makes things so easy. And if you still need help you can call their reports department who are super helpful.
- Some glitches that require a logout and log back in to repair. If I delete my time and attendance batch to make an adjustment to a time card and then reload it back into the batches, I always have to log out and log back in. If I don’t, the payroll cycle page will not load.
- Certain steps cannot be completed by the user and require a call to ADP. If you want to set up a new earnings code (i.e. jury duty, snow day, etc), you have to call ADO for them to complete on the back end.
- Customer service.
- Tax service.
- The additional salaries do not work for commission employees - You cannot automatically calculate STD in benefits, additional pay does not run on reports, employees cannot see their salaries in ADP when you use additional pay and if you have additional pay for an hourly employee it does not automatically come over to payroll and you have to manually enter it, which is not beneficial for helping payroll to make it automated.
- EEOC data in ADP is hard as well. It is one more field where you have to update another field. If this field is not updated then not one of the EEO reports will run. I liked the old way ADP use to run reports without having the field of the EEO location. Because of the change if you do not use this field you are unable to run any type of EEO reports in ADP.
- When you go to upload a file into someone's Cloud file it would be nice to still see the person's name on the screen so you can double-check you are in the right person before you do the final upload.
- Make it more obvious how to upload a file to the resources page.
- Benefit Enrollments - The fact that the employee can complete their enrollments and then have those feed to their benefits profile, once approved, and to have the deductions post to their payroll profile without manual data entry.
- Automatic updates - Always being on the current version of the platform without a special upgrade.
- Updates are not always thoroughly and will result in some features not working correctly after update.
- Some of the customer service representatives do not understand that you know what you are doing, and will make you repeat the same trouble-shooting tips, multiple times, before they will work to resolve the issue.
- Easily able to create and customize job postings to appeal to candidates.
- Integrated background screening services making criminal history checks simple.
- If you have an issue with the portal, you may have to call the support line a few times before you find someone who actually knows how to help.
- The navigation menus can be confusing to employees, as some options seem "hidden" under multiple layers of categories.
The reporting is nice, however when you have custom plans, and ADP changes a header or title of something, your report gets messed up. It seems like the dev. team spends a lot of time re-wording headers and categories, and not as much time implementing actual helpful things.
The effective dating could be a little better, also. For example, it would be nice to be able to see a history of reporting structure.
The time and attendance area of the system is well suited. It accomplishes what it is supposed to, but it would be better if less "people" had to handle the approval of time cards and payroll. It could be more streamlined by making it possible to review a team's time cards in a group and approve them if there are no concerns as a group; rather than having to go into each person's card individually.
- It provides excellent reporting tools. Standard reports are numerous and provide great analytic tools. I love having the ability to immediately build a report "on the fly" when you get those out of the ordinary requests.
- Managers now have the ability to build schedules for their employees and track exceptions based on actual hours worked.
- Our organization offers employees the opportunity to transition from full-time to part-time to PRN (as needed) which changes benefit eligibility. We are still trying to figure out a way to track these changes.
- You are able to make effective date changes, which makes it very easy to stay up on organization change.
- It builds out benefit plans very well and makes the open enrollment process very easy.
- Setting up states, localities, and unemployment accounts for clients
- ADP nickel-and-dimes you on cost. It would be nice to have things added at no additional cost, especially if a client has been with ADP for a long period of time.
- Customizable - set up for your company's needs
- Account Manager - someone allocated to your company and all its complexities
- Performance evaluations have a lengthy process that gets a little confusing.
ADP Workforce Now Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ADP Workforce Now
ADP Workforce Now is an easy-to-use human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.
Built on a single database, the fully integrated ADP Workforce Now suite includes Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, Time & Labor Management and HR Analytics capabilities. From payroll to proactive compliance to managing employees across borders, the vendor says the goal of ADP Workforce Now is to free users from administrative tasks so they can focus on their people and their business. Workforce Now integrates simply and securely with other business applications through APIs and the ADP Marketplace. Users can add more functionality as their business grows.
The vendor's value proposition is that users can save time and money through:
- Fewer employee questions – easy self-service tools like the WFN top-rated mobile app provide access to pay info, timecards and more.
- Less data entry – updates sync automatically to payroll, benefits and other systems.
- Competitive pricing – options designed to meet users' specific needs.
The vendor also says users can gain peace of mind due to:
- Expertise – vendor has over 65 years of experience, and is used across industries.
- Automated alerts – to help prevent costly errors.
- Compliance – over 2,500 specialists actively monitor regulatory changes and focus on users' compliance needs.
ADP Workforce Now Screenshots
ADP Workforce Now Integrations
ADP Workforce Now Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Please contact ADP for a product demo and ask about a hands-on "test drive" of Workforce Now.
ADP Workforce Now Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
ADP Workforce Now Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ADP Workforce Now Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||more than 50 countries currently supported|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, Canadian French|