Reviews (1-25 of 670)
- User Friendly, lots of video tutorials and online training.
- Centralized web based application, can be used from anywhere.
- WORST Customer Service Ever. Great Product but sometimes useless when the support is non-existent, or doesn't know what needs to be done.
- Hit and miss with the Implementation Specialist for different Modules.
But the worst I have experienced so far is the lack of continuity on the sales or account executives. It can be frustrating to start a process with one account or major accounts representative and have that person move to a new roll within the same organization and there is no follow up from them or from their department, leaving you out in the cold. It is equally frustrating to start an implementation process with them and after a year has passed still have issues and the implementation specialist is nowhere to be found. Great System But Worst Customer Service.
- The finger punch system for time keeping is very easy to use.
- Paperless information is easier for employees to access.
- The reports ADP provides have a lot to be desired. Very hard to use and manipulate.
- Recovering previous year's information is very difficult.
- Cloud-Based Storage and Software is a definite WIN for us!
- Payroll and filing taxes has become so much easier over the years, especially with the changing local taxes!!!
- I would like the employee' individual pages to open up to their basic information and then allow me to move around. I like quick access to SSN, DOB, hire date, etc. all in one place so that I can answer questions quickly.
- I would love to have access to more modules in the Essential Package without all of the excess fees. We are a small company and it would be great to have even limited access to performance management and recruiting manager.
- They have a wide variety of standard reports that are used by our company.
- The speed of loading hours from E-Time to ADP Workforce Now have greatly increased, making my processing go a lot smoother.
- Even though the speed of which loading hours from E-Time to ADP has increased, the time it takes to export information then load it onto E-Time is still pretty lengthy. Still hoping that one day that process gets a fix.
- Our Human Resources Dept have had issues with carrier connections during our open enrollment whereby some employees had an incorrect benefit deduction and we had to make adjustments. This issue had been going on for at least 6 months and I'm not sure if it has been corrected yet.
- The flow of data from Workforce Now to Payroll - one system saves me a lot of time
- The ability to add apps like the Org Chart - we no longer have the responsibility of updating an org chart manually
- Wish I could view and save an electronically signed offer letter
- It would be very helpful and save me time if when we hire a candidate in the recruiting system, that their resume, application, background screening, offer letter, signed background consent would flow over to Workforce Now in the Employee Documents. Right now I have to save all of the individual documents and then upload them to their employee file manually
- All employee information is easy to find through profiles (Pay Profile)
- Pay summaries in the profile are easy to get
- Report designing could be made more user friendly
- Pay summaries could show which departments the hours on the summaries are related to
- ADP's Client Services division is dedicated to helping us! I have called them numerous times and every time they have an answer to my question, basically saving the day!
- The WFN Reporting feature is amazing! It's so robust! There are a bunch of reports already created that you can choose from to fit your needs. You can also create a custom report, which is simple. If you need assistance, you can call Client Services and one of the awesome reps can help!
- We have a handful of employees who earn a salary and an hourly rate for other duties. This has to be done as a manual entry because the hourly rate overrides the salary. It would be nice to have an hourly rate on the timecard and the salary still remain intact.
- We have an Employee Referral Program and we track it through WFN. There is an area on the Employment Profile to record the hiring source. It would be nice to have a field that populates when Employee Referral is selected to input the name of the employee who referred to the new hire.
- The request off feature is particularly useful.
- Time card reconciliation by the employees is great to increase individual responsibility for their own pay and time.
- Initial usability is difficult. Learning to use the different functions was not very intuitive.
- There could be some additional guides or pop-up info to help on each page or to describe each function.
- Excellent support when you are stuck.
- The hours they are open work great in relation to when we need to contact them with issues.
- Multiple garnishments: When initially set up, you don't have enough to provide for employees who have multiple garnishments throughout the years, percentage and flat amounts.
- If an employee has two percentages coming out--one for 10 and the other for 15--you need to have some sort of warning to let the employer know if the second garnishment won't be taken out.
It is used across the whole organization.
It addresses employee discrepancies and verifies their timecard balances. We also use it to verify vacation balances, enter benefits, and payroll. We use Workforce now to integrate with other 3rd party sources for the benefits that we currently offer to employees. If there have been discrepancies with integrations and enrollment dates we've utilized ADP to validate the correct enrollment dates to send to the 3rd party carrier so we can ensure that our employees have the coverage they opted for.
It was well suited for when we had to verify enrollment dates for an employee, according to the 3rd party carrier they did not receive the integration until after the open enrollment period. Once we discovered what the issue was we were able to go in and screenshot when the enrollment period began for the employee's benefits then send what documentation we had to ensure the employee remained covered.
Now, with that, we didn't understand why ADP had not sent over the integration until after January 1 as this had caused some employees to lose coverage and we had to back track to understanding what happened and why causing unnecessary additional work when the integration was supposed to be completed in mid-December.
- Customizable - set up for your company's needs
- Account Manager - someone allocated to your company and all its complexities
- Performance evaluations have a lengthy process that gets a little confusing.
- Payroll processing is easy. The system is easy to use and navigate.
- Online benefits enrollment is easy to set up without any assistance.
- The reporting function is clunky. It can be cumbersome trying to create a custom report while being able to find all of the necessary fields.
- Customer service is usually fairly busy, and you sometimes have to wait on hold for a long time. It also takes a long time to hear from a representative when you submit a case online.
- Report writing: There are many standard reports built into the system, and if one needs to be created, it is very user-friendly.
- Working in real time: It allows me to call the service center and have them log onto my computer to visually see what I have on my computer screen and identify the problem.
- When inputting a new hire, I would like to be able to complete all fields, including the demographics and other fields, so I do not have to go back in to complete.
- I would like to be able to access a new hire as soon as I enter them, and not have to wait until their date of hire to be able to go back in and complete the fields in the prior statement or make changes.
Workforce Now is being utilized by the entire company. We use the following modules: Time and Attendance, Recruitment Management, Benefits Management, Performance Management, Employee Self Service, Manager Self Service, and Payroll. The HR Department manages everything, except for Payroll. It is very user-friendly and the majority of our employees have no problem updating their information when needed. ADP is constantly updating their products, which can be a good thing and also a not so good thing. We have had problems with they have made changes that disrupted workflows and approval paths and other benefit issues. Like all software upgrades, there should be someone with ADP assigned to your account to make sure the updates do not upset the flow of data.
- Good core HR platform.
- Good reporting capabilities.
- Benefit Management - There are always issues at the end of the year.
- Not as responsive to governmental client's reporting requirements (i.e. EEO-4 report is non-existent) and we let them know before we signed up with them in 2016 that this report is needed every other year. We have sent several product feedbacks throughout the last 3 1/5 years to no avail and we are not the only clients complaining about this issue. See this issue on the Bridge.
- Keeps track of our 90 day reviews.
- Good on-boarding system.
- Updates cause parts of the ADP not to work. It's frustrating when you are trying to process payroll and the system is not working. ADP needs to work on their testing prior to doing updates.
- When I open a ticket the process to fix the problem takes too long.
- WFN gives the availability to house personnel files to eliminate paper waste and allow for reporting on it.
- WFN helps keep us compliant with multi-j tax issues and handles all of our tax filings.
- WFN does not have a practitioner-to-practitioner workflow which is a constraint for the way do we business.
- WFN document cloud reporting is clunky - Often doesn't work or takes a lot of time.
- Time and Attendance Tracking for the employees to access. They can easily change tasks and departments right from their smartphones.
- The employee app shows employee tax information, pay statements, and benefit details. This reduces the amount they need to call Human Resources because the answers are always at their fingertips.
- I feel like they could have their customer service phone personnel speak better English, it is often extremely hard to understand their accents.
- I dislike the pay statement on the dashboard because they do not show YTD totals on each pay statement. You have to run a special report for that. It seeems like wasted time.
- Robust reporting capabilities.
- Document archival for easy recall of past payroll/tax history.
- More seamless integration between timekeeping and payroll processing modules.
- Security settings with more flexibility by company code instead of global settings for a few items.
- Master Record access for multiple FEINs under one parent company (the United States only).
- Great resource within the ADP Bridge for talking to other professionals for advice.
- Dedicated Account Managers (AM) are terrible - We have on many occasions been told incorrect information on how to do things or on why something "went wrong or why something within ADP broke". We question it and give reasons why it doesn't make sense, it turns out the reason we were given was incorrect after all. I have had to do my own research via the ADP Bridge and bring solutions to my AM or go around her to her supervisor to kick start a project. She has admitted that she "learns so much from us." They won't give us a new Dedicated Account Manager even though we've asked and been told we will get one. Anyone who is any good leaves.
- Always "upgrading" ADP or doing system maintenance which then breaks ADP WFN and then they deny it is down and it will be down for hours on end - especially on payroll days.
If you have supervisors on second shift approving time cards
you may run into trouble approving timecards as they do system updates almost
once a month on Fridays at midnight which locks supervisors out from approving
It has recently come to my attention by my Account Manager
that the ADP WFN system cannot truly handle multiple payrolls in one day under
a single master record database, so if you have to process multiple in one day
(example have multiple FEINs that process the same day) there could be
glitches. It doesn't always happen but they cannot ensure they will not happen.
Certain functionalities in the system can become corrupted and they do not have
checks and balances in place to prevent it or for you the user to know audit
for it until after it is too late. For example, we have a ride along with our time
and attendance batch that puts the timestamps on our paystubs and it can
glitch on us because we have several FEINs that process payroll on the same day
under our master record. We were never told about this until after. Be warned.
- User-friendly and easy to navigate.
- The Bridge is a great resource.
- Support teams are not responsive or do not understand issues.
- Support teams are overworked and overloaded. They cannot meet customer needs.
- Multi-level approval process for employee record changes.
- Approvals for time-off requests.
- When you switch employees between company codes.
- Calculating state ordered medical & child support orders at the same time with low income. It does well on just child support but will not take the state ordered medical into account.
- Access to information through a single sign-on.
- User-friendly and limited training is needed for new hires.
- Past year reporting on some items is limited due to the annual reset of accumulators.
- In my opinion, some upgrades are not needed and the time could have been spent elsewhere - The appearance of the web-views for example. They were fine before.
ADP Workforce Now Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ADP Workforce Now
ADP Workforce Now is an easy-to-use human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.
Built on a single database, the fully integrated ADP Workforce Now suite includes Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, Time & Labor Management and HR Analytics capabilities. From payroll to proactive compliance to managing employees across borders, the vendor says the goal of ADP Workforce Now is to free users from administrative tasks so they can focus on their people and their business. Workforce Now integrates simply and securely with other business applications through APIs and the ADP Marketplace. Users can add more functionality as their business grows.
The vendor's value proposition is that users can save time and money through:
- Fewer employee questions – easy self-service tools like the WFN top-rated mobile app provide access to pay info, timecards and more.
- Less data entry – updates sync automatically to payroll, benefits and other systems.
- Competitive pricing – options designed to meet users' specific needs.
The vendor also says users can gain peace of mind due to:
- Expertise – vendor has over 65 years of experience, and is used across industries.
- Automated alerts – to help prevent costly errors.
- Compliance – over 2,500 specialists actively monitor regulatory changes and focus on users' compliance needs.
ADP Workforce Now Screenshots
ADP Workforce Now Integrations
ADP Workforce Now Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Please contact ADP for a product demo and ask about a hands-on "test drive" of Workforce Now.
ADP Workforce Now Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
ADP Workforce Now Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ADP Workforce Now Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||more than 50 countries currently supported|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, Canadian French|