Having employees in many states and overseas demands a provider that can handle the complex taxation. ADP representatives have been helpful and knowledgeable in supporting our employee base.
- Highly trained customer service representatives. When calling, wait times are usually short. All representatives have a broad base of training so most questions are resolved right away. There is an extensive 'back office' of more experienced team members to address the more complex issues and anomalies. Recent training updates including the common sharing of representative email address for ongoing follow up access.
- Learning opportunities are available through videos, webcasts, PDFs , conferences and virtual conferences. I have found the quarter and year end videos to be especially helpful. I am appreciative of emails with links to articles with payroll relevance, saving me the time to research.
- Reporting capabilities are extensive. There are many standard reports that provide the base report with opportunity to customize fields, sorting, etc. And they can be saved for future use, with additional edit capabilities. Also available are fully custom reports, built by the the user, with the option of guidance from an ADP report writer. My experience includes a completely custom created report that I now use on a regular basis. The personal attention and investment of time to get my report exactly as needed was much appreciated.
- There are some screen printing issues with relationship to the pay statements. There are great capabilities to compare up to 5 pay statements for an employee. The view of information is both helpful and powerful. However, if a printout is desired, it is impossible! It prints with all the underlying layers of data versus what is seen on the screen. So frustrating to have such a wonderful tool available, but no way to print or pdf to share with an employee.
- As fantastic as the customer service is, my experience has included some very challenging issues. In these cases, it would be helpful to have a dedicated phone line to reach the manager, team leader, or highly experienced team member that has been involved along the way. I have spent much time being transferred, waiting, explaining and re-explaining only to have to wait for a return call from the person I initially needed to speak with.
- The benefit and payroll modules are extensive and very well integrated. However, in the set up process, it would be helpful to have someone 'lead' the process from ADP along side the client. In setting up some benefits, we felt stuck in the middle knowing what the outcome should look like, but not how to get there. And the ADP benefit rep didn't understand the payroll side, while the ADP payroll rep didn't understand the benefit side. So we, the employer, had to attempt to understand both and guide the ADP reps in the set up. It felt a little disconnected. Eventually, we worked it out, but it seems a more smooth process from within ADP would provide more customer satisfaction.
For large employers with many benefits options, employees in multiple locations, multiple tax jurisdictions and varied pay types (salary, hourly, commission, etc), ADP is ideal. The extended customer service hours, extensive resources for international pay, and capability for multi state taxation is crucial for an international employer.
Review: "ADP Workforce Now - excellent for large (500+) employers; not cost effective for small employers"
- Reporting capabilities (particularly custom reports)
- Easy to set up and customize
- Tax withholding updates
- Customer service/tech support. Very hit or miss, sometimes I'd call and get someone excellent, other times I'd be passed around to different departments. Also sometimes a long wait time.
- It was annoying to have to 'toggle' between employee information screens (pay information, personal information, employment information, etc.)
- Biggest con was the price. We significantly reduced our payroll processing costs by choosing a different company with a local office. ADP is probably better suited to very large companies with 1000s of employees.
- Benefits enrollment - saves so much time by having the benefits enrollment online. The benefits cost flow directly to payroll so there is no [chance] for error by entering an incorrect amount. Carrier connections flow the info to our insurance company - no paper forms
- Keeps us informed on any changes involving ACA, taxes or other federal regulations. Subscribe to Eye on Washington and you are always up to date on current happenings in Washington.
- Ability to handle all of our state and local taxes. We have 9 states and many locals.
- Managers would like a link to their Outlook calendar for all of their reports' vacation time. Currently, the employee will get a link to add to their personal Outlook just not the managers.
- Would like to see real time changes when updating any of the configurations pages. It is a pain to have to log off and log back on to see how the changes look.
- Easily request times off and tack accrued balances.
- There is a document repository to easily view important company forms and employee documents.
- There is an "Enrollments" hub which enables employees to easily enroll and manage benefits.
- The performance management tools are clucky, they seem to be a "me-too" add-on that offers little value compared to other solutions that are out there.
- The portal often has 'scheduled' maintenance, during these time you can log into your account.
- The mobile app seems slow, there seems to be frequently login issues.
- The ability to see which benefits programs you are signed up for.
- The ability to track PTO and assess the rate at which PTO is accrued.
- It is nice to be able to communicate directly with the HR staff on the platform.
- It is a little difficult to pull reports.
- If you switch off the tab, it will sometimes log you out of your session.
- The interface could be a little bit cleaner, as well as the search function (more readily search within an existing folder).
- When you are busy, and you have to adhere to State and Federal laws for your employees, then the answer is to use a professional
- The courtesy and dependability of the Customer Service when you seek help
- The ADP platform that is available at your fingertips right on your computer to seek information and update your employee data at every step
- I cannot make make recommendation for improvement , as my needs in using ADP Workforce have always been accommodated.
- They took me through the process and it worked well for us
- We are able to update all employee information including I9's which keeps us compliant
- We are able to process payroll in a timely matter
- We are able to use the HR module as our company HRIS system and we are very satisfied with that
- I would say their customer service via phone needs to improve by a lot. A call to them could take up to an hour sometimes and that has to change.
- WFN should have more options to choose from on just about every module that they serve. It seems their modules address the most popular issues but many times you are limited.
- I think they should mend their 401K module into WFN, instead of keeping it a separate entity. It is basically taken twice the time to do repetitive work for employers like us that use ADP 401K
- I love being able to see my PTO balance from within ADP. I can quickly see how much PTO I have left for the year and how much I have already used.
- It is very easy to view our work calendar and request PTO. You can select the hours/days you are requesting as well as provide notes on why you are requesting the days off.
- There is a company-wide calendar in ADP that shows the pay schedule as well as any national holidays and company days off. This is very convenient.
- You are able to view all of your past pay stubs very quickly and easily from ADP.
- I work from home occasionally and for whatever reason, I cannot access ADP while remote. I have tried logging into our network via VPN and am still not able to.
- For some reason, I also have trouble logging in via the mobile app as well. When it works, it works great, but I cannot always use it.
- It can be a little confusing to navigate the menus on the site at first. Now that I have been using ADP for a few years this is not a problem, but at first, it was a little confusing.
- We like the simplicity of the system as one of it's best aspects. All of our hourly employees clearly understand how it works. Enter a code, press the fingerprint pad, and you are off. For those in the office, we have a link right off of our Intranet, so you log in, click the link, then click the Log Me In button. Ease of use and ease of explanation for temps and regular employees alike is of importance to us.
- Not only is the log in feature easy, but we also have several times a day where employees in our shop are working in one department and need to then work in another department. The logging in and out of different departments couldn't be easier. Just use the fingerprint scan, select the new department, and go. We are pleased that teaching new employees about this feature is very simple.
- We also track time for our temps, even though we don't pay them through our ADP payroll system. This too is straightforward and simple. We set up a couple controls differently, but this way we can track the hours worked by temps and regular employees alike for efficiency and cost perspectives. We are pleased with how this operates.
- One aspect that could use some improvement is the reporting aspects. We have found that not every field works in conjunction with every other field for reporting, so we can't just say we want this, and this and this together on a report. Sometimes we have found we need two reports run and then we need to combine them in Excel with V-lookups. The data is correct, but it would be better to have easier reporting capabilities.
- The customer service could be better in some areas. We used to call an 800 number but were then told that our account was "large enough for a dedicated team". We were then assigned an account rep. The problem is that the account rep was rarely around to take our calls, and many of our calls were things that needed to be addressed quickly (problem with a code in payroll, etc). We couldn't wait two days to hear back if we are submitting payroll today. Even though there is a team that helps the account rep, more often than not we hear that they will need to leave a message. We don't have many issues where this comes up much more, but when it does it is an inconvenience.
We are currently looking to expand with ADP by implementing additional modules.
- User-Friendly; easy to navigate and provides training online via learning bytes or a full training course. Training or learning can be for the smallest task to larger complex instruction.
- When calling in either to general customer service or an account manager, the ADP team truly makes an effort to help resolve the concern or question in a timely manner.
- The ADP Team are good listeners before responding on the phone or via email.
- Benefit enrollments have a glitch for one-off enrollments 'life events'; the practitioner cannot change the default enrollment date without rejecting the enrollment and manually re-entering. Note: This is not an issue for annual open enrollments.
- Workflow messaging has some room for improvement.
I expect ADP is a good fit for companies small and large.
- Industry standard, hence your Accounting team likely can get up to speed on it quickly.
- Easy to set up and maintain.
- Fair and equitable pricing structure.
- Easy to use interface for employees.
- Great mobile app for employees.
- Ability to customize the user interface to be more tailored to your company brand.
- Better integration into other systems.
- Better integration for international payroll.
- Keeps track of salary and job title changes (history) for future reference.
- Keeps track of attendance records (using Attendance Point system)
- Report creation is an asset.
- Be able to input other hours without having to input time on it. Like Vacation just add 8hrs one day and not having to input any time. This cannot be done right now.
- Be able to make changes in position (job title) at the same time(if it applies) a change in salary is made. Now we have to go to a different screen (including the department change).
- Rehire would be much easier if you look at the employee name and do a rehire right there and then.
- Employees that have been terminated for a long time are purged and it's kind of not easy to rehire them.
Also, the rehiring of purged employees. It is not so easy to rehire an employee that has been included in the purged list.
- ADP Workforce Now does a great job of using templates (such as new hire template) which makes processes efficient.
- ADP Workforce Now is extremely easy to navigate and move from one area to another.
- ADP Workforce Now is continually being updated and enhanced which makes my job easier.
- I find it difficult to set-up new taxing authorities.
- I've had difficulty setting up new Workers Compensation states and processing the correct WC withholding on the first payroll for new states.
- I always seem to need help every year loading in the new state unemployment insurance rates.
- The ability to access pay stubs and tax statements going back as far as you've worked at a company that uses ADP. When I moved from my old company to my new company, I was shocked that I could go back and get information that was related to my old company. It made it really convenient when it came to filing taxes because I could grab both W-2s from the same place.
- The mobile app is better than any I've ever used for tracking hours. It is honestly easier to use the mobile app than their site. You can easily login using your normal ADP credentials (or Touch ID once it is already set up) and once you are in, it is a simple process to enter in hours, view time cards, view paychecks, etc.
- Being able to access benefit information in the same tool that I would use for other admin related tasks makes it so easy to compare what I have now, it what I might want to change to during the next open enrollment. The benefits you are enrolled in are also listed in a way that makes it easy to understand how much coverage you have and how much you are paying for it.
- The web version (not the app) looks dated in some of the tool bars on the left and right sides of the page. This might be something that is customizable though.
- The area where you request time off can be difficult to use. Say you request one day off, but decide later that you really should have requested 3 days off. You aren't able to easily extend the request (even if it hasn't been reviewed/approved). In my experience you have to cancel/delete the original request and then make a entirely new request.
- Time-off accrued balances on a specific date - and the ability to look into the future to see what PTO/sick time look like
- Pay stub and tax form record keeping
- Pay and time-off benefits in the same place
- Clunky interface - not intuitive and outdated
- Technical issues with PTO requests being marked as sick time and vice versa
- ACA reporting. Information entered into the benefits section carries over to reporting.
- New hire onboarding. The system has an easy to follow step-by-step process.
- Employees who are ready to help at any time.
- When a Time and Expense employee is rehired, there are some issues signing on again. The badge "number" erases, therefore creating a problem with the sign on.
- The vacation accruals don't always add up correctly. There are many times where I have to go in to correct this, especially on their one year anniversary.
- It allows managers to quickly review PTO requests as well as see the requests that are current for the given month
- It stores all of the tax and pay stubs so they are easy to access whenever they are needed
- It gives a quick sense of how much PTO you have and makes it easy to request the time off
- Not very usable
- Hard to navigate
- Not intuitive
- ADP has a great repository of bi-weekly pay statements.
- ADP has a great repository of W2 statements.
- It is also very easy to navigate and use.
- When I click into ADP from OneLogin, it always fails to log me into ADP. I have to "try again" and have to manually login. If we could make this a bit more seamless like the other apps on OneLogin, that would be ideal!
- Benefits enrolment - it allows employees to sign up for benefits easily.
- Time cards - employees can sign in from across the country.
- Newsletters - we can provide information in the dashboard for employees to read.
- Customer service can be difficult to reach out to at times of need.
- Running reports can become complicated. You have to use their keywords.
- The mobile app for clocking in allows the company to set a radius of how close to the workplace you need to be to clock in.
- The timecard system allows for easy review of hours.
- The time off balances and requests are simple to use and easy to see vacation time accrual.
- The geo location system for logging in on the app is faulty often.
- There needs to be a system for users to request timecard changes for errors.
ADP Workforce Now Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ADP Workforce Now
ADP Workforce Now is an easy-to-use human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.
Built on a single database, the fully integrated ADP Workforce Now suite includes Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, Time & Labor Management and HR Analytics capabilities. From payroll to proactive compliance to managing employees across borders, the vendor says the goal of ADP Workforce Now is to free users from administrative tasks so they can focus on their people and their business. Workforce Now integrates simply and securely with other business applications through APIs and the ADP Marketplace. Users can add more functionality as their business grows.
The vendor's value proposition is that users can save time and money through:
- Fewer employee questions – easy self-service tools like the WFN top-rated mobile app provide access to pay info, timecards and more.
- Less data entry – updates sync automatically to payroll, benefits and other systems.
- Competitive pricing – options designed to meet users' specific needs.
The vendor also says users can gain peace of mind due to:
- Expertise – vendor has over 65 years of experience, and is used across industries.
- Automated alerts – to help prevent costly errors.
- Compliance – over 2,500 specialists actively monitor regulatory changes and focus on users' compliance needs.
ADP Workforce Now Screenshots
ADP Workforce Now Integrations
ADP Workforce Now Competitors
Please contact ADP for a product demo and ask about a hands-on "test drive" of Workforce Now.
ADP Workforce Now Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
ADP Workforce Now Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ADP Workforce Now Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||more than 50 countries currently supported|
|Supported Languages: ||English, Spanish, Canadian French|