ADP Workforce Now is an cloud-based HR platform for mid-sized businesses.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/yk/f8/XN03W7ANNS32.pngADP Workforce now is seamless for payroll and benefits!ADP Workforce Now is used by our entire organization. Our employees use it to report their time so we can process our weekly payroll and to request time off. We use the HR and Benefits package for our annual benefits open enrollment process and the benefits changes flow into payroll so there is no extra processing involved. ADP also sends the benefit info to our insurance third party administrator for enrollments. Love that employees can update any changes to their demographics, direct deposit info, and federal/state tax exemptions. Performance reviews are online so managers and employees can view historical reviews without me having to make copies from their personnel file.,Benefits enrollment - saves so much time by having the benefits enrollment online. The benefits cost flow directly to payroll so there is no [chance] for error by entering an incorrect amount. Carrier connections flow the info to our insurance company - no paper forms Keeps us informed on any changes involving ACA, taxes or other federal regulations. Subscribe to Eye on Washington and you are always up to date on current happenings in Washington. Ability to handle all of our state and local taxes. We have 9 states and many locals.,Managers would like a link to their Outlook calendar for all of their reports' vacation time. Currently, the employee will get a link to add to their personal Outlook just not the managers. Would like to see real time changes when updating any of the configurations pages. It is a pain to have to log off and log back on to see how the changes look.,10,I handle all payroll aspects and the administration of our benefits, ESOP and 401k. Before ADP, I had an assistance who would key hours into our old system. Had so many key errors and we no longer have that since the employees clock in and out on their computer. Payroll is completed so quickly that I have more time to focus on other issues.,,,Yes,Price Product Features Product Reputation,Implemented in-house,Yes,9,Online training In-person training Self-taught,9,9,No,10,No,Yes,10,No,NoADP WorkForce NowADP Workforce Now is without a doubt the most efficient HR and payroll system that I have used throughout the duration of my career. It is a seamless integration of both systems and allows employees to monitor all things related to and involving the human resources side of the business.,The ability to see which benefits programs you are signed up for. The ability to track PTO and assess the rate at which PTO is accrued. It is nice to be able to communicate directly with the HR staff on the platform.,It is a little difficult to pull reports. If you switch off the tab, it will sometimes log you out of your session. The interface could be a little bit cleaner, as well as the search function (more readily search within an existing folder).,8,Sped up the HR process Ability to onboard new employees much quicker Efficient tracking of all things related to payroll.,Our HR team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much.,Ceridian Dayforce,LinkedIn Talent, Salesforce App Cloud, Winmo,Not SureADP Workplace (Employee Perspective)ADP Workforce now was used across the whole organization to organize payroll and to provide a central location for company-wide announcements. It also was where relevant tax information was released. It addressed the issue of employees always going to HR for payroll questions. Instead pay stubs and tax information were easily accessible in a self-serve format.,Centralized cloud-based location for tax information Easily request and track PTO,User interface was bit clunky, looked outdated,6,Reduces HR time Automates PTO process,Not sure.,Recurly,Recurly, Salesforce Lightning, CoupaWorkforce Now is worth your timeIt was used by my former company. HR used Workforce Now on a daily, almost hourly basis. Employees seemed to use it almost daily depending on how educated they were on the system.,The reports/data analytics Benefits Management PTO Balance tracking,Customer Service System can be slow to load more often than not Lack of a mobile app,8,Employees were satisfied Accuracy of easy to read reports was great Payroll had a quick turn around,Our HR team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much.,ADP TotalSource, Namely, UltiPro and TalentGuard,BambooHRADP for MobileCurrently we are using the system company-wide for a number of purposes. Some teams are using it as a system to track their timecards. Others use it to view their paystubs. Company-wide we use the messaging system to ensure all team members are up to date on the latest company policies by ensuring everyone acknowledges that they have read them.,The mobile app for clocking in allows the company to set a radius of how close to the workplace you need to be to clock in. The timecard system allows for easy review of hours. The time off balances and requests are simple to use and easy to see vacation time accrual.,The geo location system for logging in on the app is faulty often. There needs to be a system for users to request timecard changes for errors.,8,Nice system for clocking in through a mobile application. Easy way to track vacation balances and sick/personal time.,Not sure.,Zenefits
ADP Workforce Now

Workforce Now Reviews

Workforce Now
Filter 411 vetted Workforce Now reviews and ratings
April 10, 2018

Review: "ADP Workforce now is seamless for payroll and benefits!"

• Benefits enrollment - saves so much time by having the benefits enrollment online. The benefits cost flow directly to payroll so there is no [chance] for error by entering an incorrect amount. Carrier connections flow the info to our insurance company - no paper forms
  • Keeps us informed on any changes involving ACA, taxes or other federal regulations. Subscribe to Eye on Washington and you are always up to date on current happenings in Washington.
  • Ability to handle all of our state and local taxes. We have 9 states and many locals.
  • Managers would like a link to their Outlook calendar for all of their reports' vacation time. Currently, the employee will get a link to add to their personal Outlook just not the managers.
  • Would like to see real time changes when updating any of the configurations pages. It is a pain to have to log off and log back on to see how the changes look.
With the upgrade to Workforce Now - I love that you can view your payroll preview almost instantly - no more waiting for the reports to process. The ease of making corrections is also very fast. The old system you had to wait a certain amount of time before you could reject a payroll and reprocess once the corrections are made. We have 160 employees and I have payroll completed within 4 hours from reviewing timecards to printing reports and processing the general ledger.
Read Karen Webb's full review
July 09, 2018

User Review: "ADP WorkForce Now"

• The ability to see which benefits programs you are signed up for.
  • The ability to track PTO and assess the rate at which PTO is accrued.
  • It is nice to be able to communicate directly with the HR staff on the platform.
  • It is a little difficult to pull reports.
  • If you switch off the tab, it will sometimes log you out of your session.
  • The interface could be a little bit cleaner, as well as the search function (more readily search within an existing folder).
ADP Workforce Now is best suited to be used in conjunction with existing HR systems, or even to replace an existing HR system. By integrating all things HR and payroll, ADP Workforce Now has efficiently changed and sped up the process through which monitoring PTO, benefits and payroll occurs.
Read Matthew Bernstein's full review
June 26, 2018

Workforce Now Review: "ADP Workplace (Employee Perspective)"

• Centralized cloud-based location for tax information
  • Easily request and track PTO
  • User interface was bit clunky, looked outdated
ADP Workforce Now is well suited for medium teams. However, it is not great for teams who aren't very adept at using technology as it doesn't easily guide the user through the steps necessary to download tax documents, request PTO, etc...
Read Chloe Sayers's full review
April 05, 2018

User Review: "Workforce Now is worth your time"

• The reports/data analytics
  • Benefits Management
  • PTO Balance tracking
  • Customer Service
  • System can be slow to load more often than not
  • Lack of a mobile app
I used to have to pull several reports to compile one spreadsheet that was requested. With Workforce Now, I could save time with one run of a report I could easily customize. I honestly can't think of when it wouldn't be as appropriate. I used it for everything it had to offer and overall, I found it was one of the better systems I had worked with.
Read Kimberly Cavanaugh, PHR's full review
March 03, 2018

Workforce Now Review: "ADP for Mobile"

• The mobile app for clocking in allows the company to set a radius of how close to the workplace you need to be to clock in.
  • The timecard system allows for easy review of hours.
  • The time off balances and requests are simple to use and easy to see vacation time accrual.
  • The geo location system for logging in on the app is faulty often.
  • There needs to be a system for users to request timecard changes for errors.
This is a great system for rapidly growing companies to manage multiple employees across numerous departments. It also allows salary and hourly employees to be managed on the same application. It is a really great system for larger companies to ensure company-wide policies are being acknowledged by all team members which can be especially difficult and to set deadlines to that.
Read Whitney Kelley's full review
February 28, 2018

Workforce Now Review: "Easy of use and managements!"

ADP is being used by the organization primarily for time management and for payroll/PTO tracking. This software has allowed us to conduct annual reporting for IRS Forms 1094-C and 1095-C as well as well as all year long enrollment support. This has made a huge impact on our business and how we process our financials and benefits!
  • Time keeping
  • PTO
  • Communication
  • Saving
  • Auto save
  • Clearing fields
When I’m in an office or paid setting such as a call center.
Read Thomas Stassi's full review
January 30, 2018

"ADP Workforce Now Review"

It was used across the entire organization. We were able to use the recruitment piece which made it more efficient and easier to [see] candidates that previously applied. It also was helpful for current employees with benefits self-service, time requests, and it allowed the HR department to go paperless in some areas.
  • The onboarding process
  • Benefits self service/open enrollment
  • Recruitment Module
  • When I used it and the platform we were on - it seemed the Enterprise E Time did not flow over to the HR system. However, this could have just been something that was not set up properly.
  • Reporting was a little easier to use. I do think they have improved this in the last year.
I think for medium to large sized companies it is more cost-effective. For smaller companies, it can be too expensive and they would have to piecemeal everything as the company grows. At least that is what I have found. Could have just been the salesperson we encountered.
Read Cyndi Rooks, PHR, HCS, SHRM-CP's full review
March 16, 2018

Workforce Now Review: "A great product for all companies"

It is used across the entire organization. We use it to keep track of pay information and track paystubs.
  • Gives information about pay
  • Allows workers to clock in and out of work
  • Good user interface
  • confusing to set up account
  • hard to find certain information
  • buggy at times
Workforce now is very well suited for employees who want to keep track of their pay information. It is also great for employees who are paid hourly and need to clock in and out at certain times/need to have their hours monitored by their manager.
Read Mark Franklin's full review
July 10, 2018

Workforce Now Review: "ADP makes it easy to view and manage PTO and payment information"

ADP Workforce Now is used by our entire organization. Every employee has access to the system to view the company-wide calendar. The calendar shows upcoming holidays, company information and the pay schedule. Employees can also request and monitor their PTO from ADP. You are able to see how much PTO you have used and what you have remaining and then request PTO directly from the calendar. All of your employment information is available in ADP as well.
  • I love being able to see my PTO balance from within ADP. I can quickly see how much PTO I have left for the year and how much I have already used.
  • It is very easy to view our work calendar and request PTO. You can select the hours/days you are requesting as well as provide notes on why you are requesting the days off.
  • There is a company-wide calendar in ADP that shows the pay schedule as well as any national holidays and company days off. This is very convenient.
  • You are able to view all of your past pay stubs very quickly and easily from ADP.
  • I work from home occasionally and for whatever reason, I cannot access ADP while remote. I have tried logging into our network via VPN and am still not able to.
  • For some reason, I also have trouble logging in via the mobile app as well. When it works, it works great, but I cannot always use it.
  • It can be a little confusing to navigate the menus on the site at first. Now that I have been using ADP for a few years this is not a problem, but at first, it was a little confusing.
ADP is a great tool to manage your employment information, your payment information, and your PTO information. I use it on a regular basis and have never had any real issues with it. When you request PTO, you are sent a confirmation email and your approver is also sent an email. Once you have been approved, you get an email back letting you know. I think ADP may not be the best suited for smaller companies. When I worked for a smaller company, we may not have had a great need for something as robust as ADP.
June 14, 2018

Review: "Workforce now... some strong capabilities, but reporting could improve"

We utilize Workforce now for all of our Time and Attendance tracking and reporting. This allows us access to specific data for the clock in and out times, tracking overtime, and coordinating the various shifts we have across 3 work locations. This also works well for us as we utilize it not only for shop clock in with fingerprint scan and 4 number pin but also for our office staff who clock in and out on their computers.
  • We like the simplicity of the system as one of it's best aspects. All of our hourly employees clearly understand how it works. Enter a code, press the fingerprint pad, and you are off. For those in the office, we have a link right off of our Intranet, so you log in, click the link, then click the Log Me In button. Ease of use and ease of explanation for temps and regular employees alike is of importance to us.
  • Not only is the log in feature easy, but we also have several times a day where employees in our shop are working in one department and need to then work in another department. The logging in and out of different departments couldn't be easier. Just use the fingerprint scan, select the new department, and go. We are pleased that teaching new employees about this feature is very simple.
  • We also track time for our temps, even though we don't pay them through our ADP payroll system. This too is straightforward and simple. We set up a couple controls differently, but this way we can track the hours worked by temps and regular employees alike for efficiency and cost perspectives. We are pleased with how this operates.
  • One aspect that could use some improvement is the reporting aspects. We have found that not every field works in conjunction with every other field for reporting, so we can't just say we want this, and this and this together on a report. Sometimes we have found we need two reports run and then we need to combine them in Excel with V-lookups. The data is correct, but it would be better to have easier reporting capabilities.
  • The customer service could be better in some areas. We used to call an 800 number but were then told that our account was "large enough for a dedicated team". We were then assigned an account rep. The problem is that the account rep was rarely around to take our calls, and many of our calls were things that needed to be addressed quickly (problem with a code in payroll, etc). We couldn't wait two days to hear back if we are submitting payroll today. Even though there is a team that helps the account rep, more often than not we hear that they will need to leave a message. We don't have many issues where this comes up much more, but when it does it is an inconvenience.
This is well suited for many locations, where there are many people clocking in at several areas and also vary between desk and factory clock-ins. Where there may be issues with Workforce now is in where we have mentioned before... strong reporting capabilities in reporting on many aspects is a struggle.
June 18, 2018

Workforce Now Review: "A More Efficient Way for End Users & Benefits"

I've used ADP Workforce Now at two different companies. It is a portal for everything from company information, such as people in the company, and calendars of company holidays. It is used company wide. It's main purpose at all of the companies I've used it is for time tracking and payment. To request time off we go into ADP and request the time. We use ADP for selecting our benefits, accessing our pay stubs, updating of W4, and getting tax statements. It puts everything in one place, meaning you don't have to try to remember which tool you use to access what. It also has a mobile app, that is not only easy to use, but looks great too.
  • The ability to access pay stubs and tax statements going back as far as you've worked at a company that uses ADP. When I moved from my old company to my new company, I was shocked that I could go back and get information that was related to my old company. It made it really convenient when it came to filing taxes because I could grab both W-2s from the same place.
  • The mobile app is better than any I've ever used for tracking hours. It is honestly easier to use the mobile app than their site. You can easily login using your normal ADP credentials (or Touch ID once it is already set up) and once you are in, it is a simple process to enter in hours, view time cards, view paychecks, etc.
  • Being able to access benefit information in the same tool that I would use for other admin related tasks makes it so easy to compare what I have now, it what I might want to change to during the next open enrollment. The benefits you are enrolled in are also listed in a way that makes it easy to understand how much coverage you have and how much you are paying for it.
  • The web version (not the app) looks dated in some of the tool bars on the left and right sides of the page. This might be something that is customizable though.
  • The area where you request time off can be difficult to use. Say you request one day off, but decide later that you really should have requested 3 days off. You aren't able to easily extend the request (even if it hasn't been reviewed/approved). In my experience you have to cancel/delete the original request and then make a entirely new request.
I could see it being beneficial for companies 15 people and up. Anything smaller than that I couldn't see it being as beneficial, because I'd imagine it would cut into their costs. I also think it is great for companies that have a lot of remote employees or different offices. It has ways to add extra pages or features, that make it to where you can customize content. For example, I've seen some companies have a people section, this makes it easy to find what team and job title a specific person has. This is extremely helpful when the company is larger or people aren't in the same office.
May 31, 2018

Review: "ADP Workforce now - a solution for diverse payroll needs"

ADP Workforce Now is used to manage payroll and attendance. It's used across the entire organization, and the hourly employees use it for time cards. It allows us to keep track of time worked, sick time, vacations, and pay.
  • Time-off accrued balances on a specific date - and the ability to look into the future to see what PTO/sick time look like
  • Pay stub and tax form record keeping
  • Pay and time-off benefits in the same place
  • Clunky interface - not intuitive and outdated
  • Technical issues with PTO requests being marked as sick time and vice versa
ADP Workforce Now will work well in organization that employs hourly office employees as well as salaried people. It will not work as well for time cards where employees do not have computer access.
May 25, 2018

Workforce Now Review: "ADP from a users point of view"

It is being used by the company to manage the employee payroll. Employees all have a login where they can see their pay stubs. We also use it to track PTO requests and managers can review and authorize them. The employees that are hourly are also responsible for entering their timecards in.
  • It allows managers to quickly review PTO requests as well as see the requests that are current for the given month
  • It stores all of the tax and pay stubs so they are easy to access whenever they are needed
  • It gives a quick sense of how much PTO you have and makes it easy to request the time off
  • Not very usable
  • Hard to navigate
  • Not intuitive
ADP works ok if you are running payroll. But as a manager who needs to approve timecards or track PTO and approve it, it is not my favorite solution. Because I only log in once a week or less, it is hard to remember where to go to get things done which to me means the UI is not intuitive.
April 27, 2018

Workforce Now Review: "ADP WorkforceNow"

ADP Workforce is being used by our company to help setup health benefits every year and for viewing bi-weekly pay statements. This allows us to get insight into our pay and what is being deducted from taxes and other allocations (ie 401K). Employees also use this system to look at their W2 statements.
  • ADP has a great repository of bi-weekly pay statements.
  • ADP has a great repository of W2 statements.
  • It is also very easy to navigate and use.
  • When I click into ADP from OneLogin, it always fails to log me into ADP. I have to "try again" and have to manually login. If we could make this a bit more seamless like the other apps on OneLogin, that would be ideal!
It is great for getting people set up with their health benefits and for tracking salary and commission and the corresponding deductions. It is overall a great system to use and navigate through.
February 22, 2018

Workforce Now Review: "Great Software, But Service Model Needs Improving"

ADP Workforce Now (WFN) was utilized by our company for HRIS, payroll processing, benefits administration, and employee self-service. We also utilized ADP Workforce Now for ACA reporting. WFN was utilized across our entire organization nationwide. The product was used for storing employee data in the HRIS and outsourcing payroll functions for easy payroll processing.
  • Great system with a clean interface that is easy to navigate.
  • Mobile app is robust and offers great options for employees.
  • Lifemart (discount service) is a good perk for employees.
  • Payroll processing is solid.
  • Customer support leaves much to be desired. ADP's service model requires you to call into a service center whenever you encounter issues, which often leads to long hold times and issues being handed off to multiple agents at a time.
  • Sometimes there is some wonky integration between modules (benefits to payroll, payroll to HRIS, etc.).
  • Adding new users is time consuming and requires faxing in forms to ADP or opening up tickets over the phone.
ADP is scalable for small to large organizations, which is nice. Companies with the bandwidth to take ownership over the system or dedicated HRIS employees that can manage the system may find it to be great; however, organizations that may need help troubleshooting the system may become frustrated over the service model.
January 25, 2018

Workforce Now Review: "ADP in HR"

This is being used by the HR department and serves as the company's HRIS, Time & Attendance, and Payroll system. It allows us to keep our data secure and manage compliance requirements.
  • Stores data securely
  • Offers customized reporting
  • Offers a self-service function which allows employees to be accountable for their own data
  • Allows connections with benefit carriers, which lends well to efficiency with processing
  • Their customer support process is often cumbersome. We have been assigned a designated rep and that individual is not always available or responsive to emails or voice messages.
  • Open enrollment consultants don't always follow through. We have had carrier connection files missed because processes were not completed.
  • If there was more customization with time cards, that would make things administratively easy for us.
Overall, the functionality works for our organization; however, the support provided is less than helpful. You get different answers from different reps, which makes it seem like not everyone really knows what they are talking about.
January 23, 2018

Workforce Now Review: "An Elephant Needing Dance Lessons"

ADP offers a suite of capabilities covering cradle-to-grave HRIS capabilities. At our organization, we use ADP Workforce Now primarily for timekeeping and payroll. All employees enter hours worked using Workforce Now. HR and Finance use ADP Workforce Now to manage onboarding, timekeeping, and payroll. We use non-ADP systems for recruiting, LMS, and benefits management.
  • ADP handles fundamental payroll well. Payroll is hard to do right, especially if your organization has many kinds of employees and multiple locations. Any issues will be immediately noticed by everyone in the organization who gets a paycheck. ADP handles the essentials decently.
  • ADP Workforce Now timesheet entry interfaces are clunky and widely disliked within my organization. Since the timesheet is the only part of the system most people see, it's puzzling to me that ADP hasn't made it their business to deliver a really terrific time entry interface. They haven't. It's awful in all its flavors.
  • ADP's engagement with my organization and customer service has been poor. The initial implementation pre-dated my tenure. I found that several important capabilities were half-baked and some time calculation was simply incorrect. When my organization re-engaged with ADP, they've had poor coordination and follow-through, switching account managers three times within a matter of months.
If you have a large organization with complex payroll requirements, ADP is one of the biggest and most experienced providers around. They deserve a look. To get the best out of ADP, you'll want to be big enough to command focused attention from a senior ADP engagement manager, and you'll want a dedicated vendor manager on your staff focused on demanding cost-effective performance out of the relationship.
April 17, 2018

User Review: "ADP Workforce Now"

ADP is being used across the whole organization. Used for benefits, time cards, etc. It helps us keep all information in one place for our employees.
  • Benefits enrolment - it allows employees to sign up for benefits easily.
  • Time cards - employees can sign in from across the country.
  • Newsletters - we can provide information in the dashboard for employees to read.
  • Customer service can be difficult to reach out to at times of need.
  • Running reports can become complicated. You have to use their keywords.
Better for a smaller organization where tracking may be easier.
January 10, 2018

User Review: "Workforce Now"

Workforce Now was used by Human Resouces to manage our payroll and benefit information. It was used by the whole company.
  • Easily store employee benefit information
  • Manage payroll for entire organization
  • Store and manage comany retirement information
  • Loading delays when your network is not working
This product is well suited for large organizations with many employees' benefits to manage. It allows easy access to all important in information with ease.
Read Nathan Duncan's full review
December 28, 2017

Workforce Now Review: "ADP Makes HR Easy Like 123"

It makes it much easier to track time off, and look at pay and benefits for everyone throughout the entire company. It packages nearly everything that HR needs in one place, where before we had to use multiple applications. it makes tracking benefits, pay, and employee hours so much easier!
  • It is easy to navigate, especially coming from a low-tech occupation before with physical punch cards.
  • It is easy to keep track of achievements and education credits.
  • It helps you monitor your benefits and easily edit them during the right window.
  • Sometimes, it takes a while to update the system- especially when you enter a new role or receive a higher pay after a raise
  • It can be confusing when it doesn't show the appropriate statistics to your new role(s).
  • It took a while for all of our company's customized tabs to be added into the interface- about four months.
It is perfect for recording pay, benefits, and education, but it also gets too involved in specific dollar amounts. Not able to make private so others will not be able to see. I would just recommend to be sure to check for changes/inaccuracies and contact your HR/ADP support to get things fixed up as soon as you notice it!
Read Reita Silvis's full review
August 04, 2017

Workforce Now: "ADP for small family owned and operated company"

ADP is used by us for payroll for our whole organization. We are able to keep the HR department to a minimum number of people as ADP takes care of the depositing and all of the taxes and reports due to the government. This frees up time and assets for other aspects of our small family owned business.
  • Tax and governmental reporting. For a small business these reports are cumbersome, and time consuming
  • Direct deposit - no more printing out checks and distributing to all employees.
  • Re-Hire process is not well-defined. I have not had an easy time with any employee I have re-hired. ADP has acknowledged that there are issues with this process so hopefully they are looking into it.
  • Reports - The report name does NOT always indicate what the final report will supply. It would be very helpful to show a sample of what the report looks like when completed so we can see if it has the information needed. At this point, I have to go thru the whole process of selecting the criteria and running the report and then find out if it is what I was looking for or not.
Well-suited for companies with 10 or more employees. The more employees the more efficient ADP is for all aspects.
Less appropriate for small companies where payroll and reporting is very manageable.
Read Joey Wilinski's full review
August 28, 2017

Workforce Now Review: "Stay away if you can!"

We use it for payroll, HRIS, document storage, time off tracking and employee self-service. We recently moved to electronic document storage and we had an outside company scan our current documents and use ADP to keep the electronic files stored and sorted. ADP is our HRIS system of record and the central resource for our HR team.

Employees are able to request time off and update their address/taxes/direct deposit on self-service through ADP.
  • Is convenient in terms of their offerings, they have offerings of almost any HR related task needed (time off, time recording, payroll, document storage, performance, recruiting, etc).
  • Payroll processing is fairly straight forward process through ADP.
  • Customer service is incompetent and useless in most cases. They are too large at this point to provide a basic level of customer service. Most of the time, you either 1) Get the wrong answer, 2) Get a promise of a call back that never happens, or 3) Have 3 representatives give you 3 different answers.
  • During certain times of year, prepare to sit on hold for 45-75 minutes. It's become a joke for our team that we take pictures of how long we stay on hold with ADP to send to each other.
  • Your "Account Manager" that sells you the product will only return your calls and/or emails if you say you are interested in buying a new product. Repeated requests for contact changes go unanswered, our former Controller who left our company in 2015 is still receiving confidential emails from ADP after 10+ requests to remove him from our system.
  • In trying to improve their UI and make it look "slick" they have made things more complicated and non user-friendly. Reporting has become near impossible to use. Before the "upgrade," I didn't even need their training to run custom reports. Now, it takes me forever to even figure out how to run a simple canned report.
  • In general, they are too big to care about their customers. They know they are the most robust system out there and can meet such a large variety of needs that people would rather stay with them and suffer than find and implement one or several other systems that they would have to get to replace ADP.
It's well suited in theory for a wide variety of companies of many sizes, their offerings are diverse and extensive and can meet a variety of needs. However for smaller companies who could have their needs met with a simpler system, I would NEVER recommend ADP. You could get better customer service and a better system with a smaller payroll company.

Unfortunately, a larger company generally has more needs for a robust system and other offerings (HRIS, document storage etc) that necessitates a system like ADP, and they have the corner on the market for an "all-in-one" solution. If you only have needs for payroll, I would certainly recommend ADP being a last resort.
Read Chelsea Chase's full review
August 21, 2017

Workforce Now Review: "Directors Choice"

We use ADP Workforce Now as our payroll platform and our HRB platform. The flexibility and robust options available meet all of my needs in applicant tracking, a complex time attendance setup, performance management, analytics, and reporting. The employee portal offers easy access to our associates so they can easily stay informed of their pay and PTO, as well as a splash page that is customizable with company announcements and events.
  • Customer Service. ADP is responsive and professional on the occasions that I need a problem solved.
  • Updates. They keep the latest technology in play without increasing fees every time you get an update.
  • Regional rep. I have a set point of contact that is available by phone or can come on-site if necessary.
  • Analytics should be intuitive and easily customizable. Mine are still not operating correctly due to lack of coordination during implementation.
  • Reporting is difficult to understand and set up. The service when calling in is great, but I want to run reports crazily by myself.
Great for large companies with a large budget. Difficult to get on site training and optimization of the system.
Read Timothy Lawson's full review
August 11, 2017

User Review: "ADP Workforce Now Experience"

It is being used by the accounting department to process payroll biweekly for the entire office. It processes paychecks and also hands filing of payroll taxes.
  • ADP Workforce now is easy to use and has fantastic phone assistance.
  • You can modify a person's salary temporarily or permanently.
  • You can modify your grids to include anything you'd like.
  • I do like Workforce Now and wouldn't go back to the original ADP software.
  • I guess it could be less expensive.
  • I'd prefer to not get sales calls from departments associates with ADP Workforce now.
ADP Workforce now is well suited for a variety of company sizes that need a payroll service. I think it meets the needs of companies, both large and small. I think it's appropriate in all scenarios though perhaps not the least expensive service. I do recommend ADP Workforce now, both the software and the service, quite highly.
Read Josie Catino's full review
November 27, 2017

User Review: "ADP Workforce Now makes payroll easy!"

ADP Workforce Now is used for HRIS administration of the information of all employees and payroll processing. It is being used by the Human Resources department only. The business problems it addresses is payroll management.
  • Easy to navigate
  • Reliable functionality with no to minimal downtime
  • Web-based
  • Needs a better reporting portal
  • Sometimes you have to click on so many screens to get to where you want
  • Setting up pay rates and codes is not as easy as I have seen with other systems.
It is well-suited for somebody who wants to have a robust HRIS that has functionality across all human resources needs. Is best suited for those who want timekeeping and benefits administration. It is less appropriate for those who do not keep data updated and do not have advanced technology or employees who have access to computers.
Read Stephanie Macdonald's full review

Employee demographic data (150)
Employment history (153)
Job profiles and administration (140)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (145)
Organizational charting (84)
6.6
Organization and location management (104)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (99)
Pay calculation (162)
Support for external payroll vendors (54)
Benefit plan administration (131)
Direct deposit files (159)
Salary revision and increment management (120)
Reimbursement management (60)
Approval workflow (118)
Balance details (128)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (104)
View and generate pay and benefit information (159)
Update personal information (156)
View company policy documentation (127)
Employee recognition (60)
View job history (32)
Tracking of all physical assets (12)
6.0
Report builder (148)
Pre-built reports (147)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (91)
6.7
New hire portal (21)
6.1
Manager tracking tools (14)
4.9
Corporate goal setting (35)
Individual goal setting (47)
Line-of sight-visibility (36)
Performance tracking (41)
Performance plans (60)
Performance improvement plans (50)
Review status tracking (62)
Review reminders (66)
Multiple review frequency (50)
Create succession plans/pools (6)
5.7
Candidate ranking (6)
5.7
Candidate search (7)
6.2
Candidate development (6)
6.1
Job Requisition Management (50)
Company Website Posting (50)
Publish to Social Media (37)
Job Search Site Posting (42)
6.7
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (8)
2.3
Applicant Tracking (50)
Notifications and Alerts (54)

About Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now is an easy-to-use human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.

Built on a single database, the fully integrated ADP Workforce Now suite includes Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, Time & Labor Management and HR Analytics capabilities. From payroll to proactive compliance to managing employees across borders, the vendor says the goal of ADP Workforce Now is to free users from administrative tasks so they can focus on their people and their business. Workforce Now integrates simply and securely with other business applications through APIs and the ADP Marketplace.  Users can add more functionality as their business grows.

The vendor's value proposition is that users can save time and money through:

• Fewer employee questions – easy self-service tools like the WFN top-rated mobile app provide access to pay info, timecards and more.
  • Less data entry – updates sync automatically to payroll, benefits and other systems.
  • Competitive pricing – options designed to meet users' specific needs.

The vendor also says users can gain peace of mind due to:

• Expertise – vendor has over 65 years of experience, and is used across industries.
  • Automated alerts – to help prevent costly errors.
  • Compliance – over 2,500 specialists actively monitor regulatory changes and focus on users' compliance needs.

Workforce Now Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle checks
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Does not have featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Does not have featureTracking of all physical assets
Does not have featureAsset issue and transfer management
Does not have featureAsset return
Does not have featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featurePerformance plans
Has featurePerformance improvement plans
Has featureReview status tracking
Has featureReview reminders
Has featureMultiple review frequency
Succession Planning Features
Does not have featureCreate succession plans/pools
Does not have featureCandidate ranking
Does not have featureCandidate search
Does not have featureCandidate development
Onboarding Features
Does not have featureNew hire portal
Does not have featureManager tracking tools
Performance and Goals Features
Has featureBenefits: Open Enrollment
Has featureMobile Application for Employee Self-Service

Workforce Now Screenshots

Workforce Now Integrations

Oracle HCM Cloud, Concur Travel and Expense, Sage Intacct, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, 100+ integrations via marketplace.adp.com and APIs

Workforce Now Competitors

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required

Please contact ADP for a product demo and ask about a hands-on "test drive" of Workforce Now.

Workforce Now Customer Size Distribution