ADP Workforce Now Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

January 07, 2021
Nick Stanley | TrustRadius Reviewer
We switched to ADP Workforce Now in April 2020. We use it for our entire family-owned business of about 115 employees. It was supposed to make things easier for us with scheduling, time and attendance, and payroll all being integrated together. It has been a mess from day one. The software doesn't do things the salespeople told me it would do. The everyday normal payroll stuff works fine, but anytime there is something out of the ordinary, it is a huge hassle. Support is based in the Philippines and there are major communication issues. Two-plus hour support calls are not out of the ordinary.

The biggest issues have been with Payroll tax filing. The salespeople told me it would be simple to not use their tax filing, because of my concerns about cashflow. I was told they would provide all the completed forms and I could just make the payments directly to the taxing entities myself. However, the "non-tax-filing" customer is totally left out in the cold, without ADP providing any of the forms, contrary to what they told me. It took them many months to get the right report for me to file unemployment, and we ended up having to sacrifice the cashflow and go to being a "full-tax-filing" customer with ADP.
  • Payroll
  • Time-off requests
  • Organization of all data in one software
  • Support
  • Being able to easily find the reports I need
  • Changing anything out of the ordinary
Might be good if you have a dedicated payroll and HR team, but as a small business owner, it's awful. Support is bad, and the sales team will tell you anything to make the sale. Promises things they can't deliver.
No problem with multiple sites and using the software in the cloud.
Support is awful. You always get someone different, most of the time it is someone in the Philippines, not in the USA. Hold times are often more than an hour. Even when you get a good support person, the culture setup by ADP makes it difficult for them to get things resolved.
Read Nick Stanley's full review
December 04, 2020
Sejal Parikh | TrustRadius Reviewer
The HR manager currently uses ADP Workforce Now to house all of our employee data on the benefits side as well as to process payroll on the payroll side (myself). In addition, the entire organization uses its time-off system for requesting and tracking employee sick and vacation time. And of course for employer tax filing services, W-2, and ACA. Also, we use the reporting tools and GL interface.
  • House employee data (current and historical)
  • Sick time and vacation tracking
  • House older data in iReports
  • Quicker or more direct response with ADP SmartCompliance tax issues
I would definitely recommend ADP Workforce Now to my colleagues! I've been using ADP Workforce Now for many years, after having used ADP PC Payroll for Windows, and I have seen how ADP is continually making changes to improve the user experience. From having the HR benefits module talk "live" with the payroll side to how easy it is to track and see prior, current, and future sick/vacation time, ADP's functionalities are becoming more intuitive for its users. One can easily pull up an old or current employee and verify dates, rates, and much more in a single search. The ADP reporting tool also makes it very easy to create custom reports whenever needed (and impress management). And if there's ever a question, the ADP Customer Support Center is always available!
I believe ADP has certainly done a great job of keeping up with the changing needs of its users/clients.
Read Sejal Parikh's full review
Shannon Greene | TrustRadius Reviewer
WFN is currently used as our HRIS and timekeeping system. It addresses a multi-system issue for us, as well as digitizing processes.
  • Hiring.
  • Payroll.
  • Benefit management.
  • Consistency across pages, i.e. same button in same spot on all pages.
  • Nudge all button for performance reviews.
  • Better sync between WFN and ET&A.
Overall, WFN is an incredible tool in the HR department. It streamlines many processes and offers "extras" or "add-ons" depending on how much time, commitment and money a company has to dedicate to the department and software.

The carrier connection feedback files are a great concept. They take away the stress of keying in data into different systems, where mistakes can happen.
Not applicable to my organization.
The account manager assigned to my company is phenomenal. She is prompt when need be and takes time researching issues when appropriate. She does not hesitate to schedule time for a call if the issue I present her with is too complex to discuss via e-mail, and communicates with me on all steps. I am never left wondering where I stand with issues or concerns.
WFN is extremely easy to use. The system is set up in a way that even if you don't specifically know the path you need to complete a task, a few good guesses might lead you there.
Read Shannon Greene's full review
Ruth Palma | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently have 2 companies with ADP, it has assisted us tremendously in many ways but especially cuts my job in HR to half of the time. I can utilize my time now on other projects not related to HR. My assistant is also very knowledgeable in ADP. We currently utilize time and attendance, payroll, and 401k. We have purchased onboarding and recruitment. I enjoy the report feature it has, very quick and computer friendly. It was a very computer friendly with the PPP process and reporting information to the banks for forgivable loans. Overall ADP is a great tool to have in any company.
  • Payroll is very easy, all of the necessary information is at your fingertips.
  • Time and Attendance is a breeze, requesting time off and keeping track.
  • Employee Information, salary, date of birth, last increase, date of transfer, these features are always at a glance.
  • Pay summaries have to be printed instead of being able to save them in PDF format. It is easier then printing and then scanning them when we need to summit the pay summaries.
ADP Workforce Now is suited for industries like ours when we need the time to be focused on other issues instead of having to be tied to employee data information. Managers no longer need to call me for employees pay rate, if employees have issues with the benefits enrollment they can be assisted by their direct managers.
Again I like ADP products, they are computer friendly, easy to follow instructions, quick results and very transparent, it makes a big difference in the success of a small business.
Very satisfied with the excellent support given to me and my staff, there hasn't been one project/question that ADP has not clarified and resolved. Staff is very knowledgeable on all subjects, very friendly and very easy to talk to. The hours from 8 am to 5 p.m. are a bit close but as long as they reply within the specified time, it has been great.
One word computer friendly, easy to manage.
Read Ruth Palma's full review
Anthony Arballo | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Workforce Now is being utilized by our human resource department and our payroll department for various purposes, including annual reviews, new hires, and payroll changes, as well as employee use through the mobile app. Our ADP rep handles all our issues in a timely manner without any issues.
  • The software has all the things we need.
  • Easily communicates with other timekeeping systems.
  • Employee mobile app was successful.
  • History data for all fields
  • Assist more with new tax setup for growing companies
  • Better carriers for delivery packages
During the COVID-19 pandemic, ADP provided us with all the updates quickly.
This has helped our company run more smoothly.
ADP has always come through when we have issues to work out. We are very thankful for the ADP team.
ADP offers classes for new users, which makes it easier for our staff.
Read Anthony Arballo's full review
Rosalynn Perez | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Workforce Now is being used by the company with an office on the neighbor islands of Hawaii. Presently, it addresses our need to automate our time and attendance system and provides us the ability to obtain accurate and timely reports that are much needed for our grant funders.
  • Time and attendance module is very user friendly.
  • Reports as a whole are accurate and easy to create and use.
  • Better customer service via the Service Request feature
ADP Workforce Now is well suited to our company as there are various cost centers that need to be charged for employee work hours. With ADP, we were able to accomplish this.
ADP Workforce Now has been able to meet our company's needs entirely.
Overall support for Payroll Account Manager has been outstanding.
It's very user friendly. Bridge support needs to be updated.
Read Rosalynn Perez's full review
Chelsea Sackett | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Workforce Now is used across our entire division. Our employees use the self-service features to update their addresses, W-4 tax withholdings and direct deposit information. In the past we also used it for the benefits and 401K management. Unfortunately our corporate office made a decision to use another vendor for benefits and 401K and it has proven to be a disaster! We would like to go back to how we were previously set up. It made benefits management so easy!
We use ADP for our tax filing and garnishment payments as well. Whenever we get a tax notice, we just easily submit it to ADP and they take care of it. If it's something we have to handle, they provide all the paperwork we need to take care of it.
I have used other payroll providers in the past and begged to go back to ADP. I love it!
  • Tax filing.
  • Wage garnishments payments.
  • Benefits management.
  • 401K management.
  • Nothing.
I have used ADP for small and large companies and it has been a great help in all my positions!
I have used ADP in both small and large companies and it has fit well across all roles I have held.
I love being able to pick up the phone and just call our rep without having to submit a ticket and wait for someone to get back to me.
It's very user friendly for both practitioners and the employees.
Read Chelsea Sackett's full review
Peter S. Gerard | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Workforce Now for our primary payroll system for the US. We also use it for international payroll in Mexico and Canada. Workforce Now is also our official engine for processing pay data for our international locations through Mihi payroll system. Workforce Now provides data via API to our active directory and MoniAssist programs too.
  • Excellent time and attendance capabilities.
  • Document storage for electronic HR files.
  • Automated onboarding experience.
  • Integrates with additional programs both employer created and applications.
  • Workflow for performance reviews and disciplinary action.
  • Implementation process was difficult and disorganized.
  • Clarification of what the system can and can not do prior to the completion of the sale process.
  • Download of information from former system and upload into ADP is difficult.
The ADP Workforce now platform is one of the best on the market. It integrates well with training and development systems, active directory and with client owned systems. The program is easy to use for both hourly employees and managers alike. The system has exceptional process flow abilities and can be modified based on client needs.
Workforce Now is completely customizable and is able to be designed to meet the needs of the customer. We have complicated systems that needed to be fed information from the ADP system in order for them to grant access to employees. The ADP Workforce Now system was able to be configured to send the information in the proper formats.
The ADP Workforce Now program is one of the most user friendly HRIS systems on the market. It has exceptional integration capabilities and it's basic functionality is easy to use from both the practitioner level and employee level. The system is able to integrate with international pay systems and training and development programs.
After evaluating all of the programs in the marketplace, and after using Ceridian, UltiPro and Paycom, I have found the ADP Workforce Now to be the best overall program for the money. It has all of the functionality that our business needs, and is able to grow as our company grows.
Read Peter S. Gerard's full review
October 23, 2020
Cristine Davis Taylor, SHRM-CP | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used by HR for HCM and Payroll to process payroll.
  • User-friendly.
  • Reporting.
  • Technical glitches often.
  • Quality of service for variety of issues.
The Benefits enrollment wizard itself is generally user-friendly, however, the setup from the admin side could use some work. The contingencies setup are limited, how you can't order the plan within the planned grouping, and how the plans under Plan Setup aren't alphabetized so you're constantly having to search through a long list whenever you go back to it. Also, when you make a change to a plan (i.e., terminate the plan) it takes a long while for the main Plan Setup page to update to that information, so it's confusing when trying to do a lot of work on the plans.

The reporting is nice, however when you have custom plans, and ADP changes a header or title of something, your report gets messed up. It seems like the dev. team spends a lot of time re-wording headers and categories, and not as much time implementing actual helpful things.

The effective dating could be a little better, also. For example, it would be nice to be able to see a history of reporting structure.
Read Cristine Davis Taylor, SHRM-CP's full review
September 29, 2020
Shanna Baty | TrustRadius Reviewer
All of our departments and all employees within those departments currently use ADP workforce now. We use it to track time, monitor attendance and punctuality, schedule requests off, enroll in 401k, enroll in health insurance and other benefit packages that we offer, keep track of vacation time and sick time banks, administer performance reviews for bonuses and raises, introducing new employees, scheduling events and holidays for our company, making company wide announcements, contacting employees when our office is closed for inclement weather, updating W-4's and tax info, reviewing current W-2's and old ones.
  • Time management.
  • Mass notifications via text HR.
  • Employee performance dashboard could be easier to access.
  • Sometimes experience minor glitches when manually modifying employees' punches.
ADP Workforce Now in my opinion is more well-suited for businesses that have many employees and multiple business functions. Time management is the biggest pro, because it allows you to monitor employees individually and in groups/teams. It keeps documents of all kinds neat and organized and gives you the opportunity to name and sort as needed. Because it's also easy for employees to use, they don't have to constantly reach out to management or HR for help with things like requesting time off, checking how many hours they have worked, if they have accumulated overtime, etc.
My company went from one large business in 2018 to 3 smaller companies in 2019/2020. ADP made it easy to separate employees into different businesses and create different settings and objectives for each business profile.
Read Shanna Baty's full review
December 09, 2020
Michelle Melendez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP for our time and attendance across the company for our hourly employees as well as for vacation/ sick tracking for all employees. In addition, we use it as our HR database for employee information, payroll and reporting in the HR department. We have recently started using it for training as well.
  • Ability to pull both custom and standard reports easily.
  • Employees have mobile access to time and attendance.
  • All information for employees in one location
  • The red dot on Marketplace is still there years later after everyone complained it went away then came back again. It is very distracting since I always think I have a message and have given a lot of feedback and no one has listened.
  • Only being able to call ADP from 11 am on - We are a west coast company but I work on the east coast so anything I need from ADP has to wait until 8 am PST. Phone lines should be open all the time no matter where you are at 8 am.
  • Customer service is not good
ADP is great for reports and payroll. However, the cost is pretty high. The customer service is not up to what I would expect for what we pay for the services. If you want anything additional it seems there is always a charge even if it is a module you have as part of your package you still need to pay to have someone show you how to use it.
I think it is great but it is expensive and with Workforce now you may get lots of modules or pages you will never use as a small company but are paying for. If you want to learn how to use them and have someone help you set them up you need to pay more money for ADP to help you with those requests. Also reports if specialized cost more money. So you have reporting tool but if their standard reports don't cover what you need you have to pay to have them make it at an hourly rate.
Customer service is lacking. I think if you are large company you get representative assigned to you, but as a small company you call into a service center. Most days I wait an hour plus on hold to get someone. Then you are lucky if they can help you or they have to transfer you to someone else.
Read Michelle Melendez's full review
Kimberlee Doolin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP company-wide. Primarily, it is used for time and attendance record keeping and payroll, but we also use it for recruitment, annual reviews, goal setting/tracking, and benefits updates.
  • ADP makes payroll processing seamless from the transfer of time punches to the completion of the payroll cycle.
  • ADP stays up to date on payroll regulations, which makes my job as a Payroll Practitioner much simpler and sets my mind at ease.
  • ADP provides ease to the transition from job seeker to employee by providing simple, efficient templates for employee onboarding.
  • I find ADP reporting to be a bit challenging. Once reports have been created, they are amazing tools to use, but report creating is extremely difficult to navigate through effectively.
  • There should be a better approach to troubleshooting a payroll issue after moving on to the next payroll cycle. Not all errors are found instantly and once the cycle has been ended, it is nearly impossible to pinpoint the cause of a computing error since you can no longer open the batch.
Workforce Now is suitable for mid to large companies. There are many convenient features that streamline tasks for practitioners of companies with over 10-20 employees. I'm not sure that ADP would be as beneficial to smaller organizations due to the cost.
Read Kimberlee Doolin's full review
Jordan Perili | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently utilizing ADP for our Payroll and Employee Profile data. We use it for payroll, documentation of performance reviews, onboarding and HR. ADP Workforce Now has allowed us to streamline our payroll process company wide at our multiple locations in one place. We use it company wide.
  • It has a nice app for smartphone users.
  • It is easy to navigate as an admin.
  • It can do all of our payroll and onboarding needs.
  • It can be overwhelming at times with how much it does.
We utilize it for our restaurant chain. We have over 100 employees, with managers accessing and managing employee profiles at each location. We also like the career center feature. I am not sure where it would not be appropriate; maybe for a very small business.
We are using across multiple locations and it has been pretty easy with a new location launch. The implementation team sets up the new locations for you which is great!
Read Jordan Perili's full review
Liana Lewis | TrustRadius Reviewer
Workforce Now is being used by HR/Payroll as well as employees via the portal. Keeps everything in one spot for employees so they can find info quickly.
  • Displays benefits so they are easy to read and understand.
  • Allows you to attach docs within the program versus employee files.
  • Easy to create and maintain benefits plans.
  • Reports could be better.
  • Onboarding process could have more detail.
  • Quicker updates for 401k changes (for those who have ADP 401k plan).
Easy to use. Easy to create plans and add new employees. Product gets the job done, easy to learn, gives employees easy access.
Read Liana Lewis's full review
carmelita herrera | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the whole organization within payroll and human resources. Problems addressed are 401k wages available, wage garnishment completions and tracking them, ADP has given payroll a huge relief in paying over 700 employees within 3 day period. Has made our jobs so much easier.
  • Tracking from where employees clock in and out.
  • Vacation accruals.
  • Employee payment history.
  • G/L postings.
  • 401K invoices availability to give to employees.
  • Account number download verification.
  • Timekeeping machines have many flaws when being used by manager user/seeing employees/adjusting their times, etc.
Only reason I do not give a 10 is because of the time keeping problems. People falling off of manager registry, users not being able to add new employees and such inconveniences that have came up with using time keeping.
It does the job even with the time keeping flaws. Saves time. When problems come across our payroll manager gives great customer service. (Thank you, Andrew V. !)
Read carmelita herrera's full review
April Williams | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Workforce Now for payroll processing and for personnel record keeping. The only issue I find with the product is the timekeeping component. We recently upgraded to new time clocks. However, we still have issues with missing or incorrect punches. Other than that, the product is fine. It could be a little less pricey.
  • ADP recently started virtual assistance in real-time to troubleshoot or answer any questions. It has been really helpful because it avoids being on the phone for a long period of time.
  • The payroll process is very stream line. It makes payroll processing easy.
  • iReports is also very helpful for retrieving copies of W2s and tax filings.
  • The reports could be easier to configure.
  • Password requirements to log in could be simpler. Along with not having to reset them every six months or so.
Great product but not perfect. The price point could be a bit more competitive. Customer service is always eager to help and there when you need them.
ADP's payroll processing ease makes scalability very easy to do.
Read April Williams's full review
Alexandra Preston | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used across the whole organization for timecard and HR purposes. It allows us to manage employee time and payroll records more efficiently and keeps records neat and tidy. It also helps us stream our HR processes and keep things more streamlined and accessible for all employees.
  • It is accessible. There is an app, a computer login, and a punch clock, making it easy for employees to use.
  • The records are accessible in reports and free up physical space in the office.
  • It is efficient since it houses many different components of our payroll and HR processes.
  • The app crashes a lot. Mitigating that going forward would be a bonus.
ADP is well suited for most work environments. I'm not sure that I could come up with many scenarios where it wouldn't be ill-suited. Though, perhaps, in a smaller 1-2 person company the operational costs of ADP would outweigh the benefits of using such a program. However, for most standard work environments ADP seems to be a good fit.
I feel ADP would scale up for larger companies well and would, in fact, fit in better with larger companies. Given the ability to track and manage on ADP, a larger-scale operation would need more tracking and ADP would be able to provide that. One and two-person companies may not see the benefit in that.
Read Alexandra Preston's full review
Daniel Keller | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize ADP as our Payroll, Benefits, HR, and Recruitment solution. It allows all employee information to be centralized, plus it provides self-service opportunities for our employees.
  • Payroll processing
  • Self-Service portal
  • Recruitment and Onboarding
  • HRIS
  • Approval process streamlining
ADP Workforce Now offers fantastic payroll processing, retention, and tax compliance all in one package. It is constantly being updated. One thing I feel needs improvement is the amount of flexibility in the hierarchy structure and approval processes--needs more.
We started with initially 450 employees but have grown to 650 and the system continues to provide accurate data with efficiency.
Read Daniel Keller's full review
Laura Gomez-Comston, MPOD, SHRM-SCP | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP Workforce Now as our main HRIS and Payroll. We use it for performance evaluations, benefits, and time tracking. We love how friendly and easy it is to use. We recently transitioned and it was very easy for everyone in the organization to adapt to ADP. The app is very easy to use and everyone in our organization uses it all the time.
  • Payroll process is very simple.
  • Time tracking is accurate and easy for managers and users.
  • Benefit management
  • More flexibility with some of the features sush as performance categories and process design
I think for an organization like ours, ADP Workforce Now is the perfect solution--all-inclusive and easy to use.
While we are small, we feel ADP Workforce Now can help us grow, and we won't need anything different in the long term.
Read Laura Gomez-Comston, MPOD, SHRM-SCP's full review
Lisa Heim | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP with multi-company codes for all of our payroll and HR needs. We use it to produce our weekly temp staffing and production reports.
  • Multi-level approval process for employee record changes.
  • Approvals for time-off requests.
  • When you switch employees between company codes.
  • Calculating state ordered medical & child support orders at the same time with low income. It does well on just child support but will not take the state ordered medical into account.
It works very well with the approval processes but works very, very poorly when switching employees between company codes. The 'another position' feature should ask to take you through a 'new hire' template of your choice. The standard fields in the 'another position' aren't the same fields that we have in our custom new hire template and thus we miss setting up fields when we have to switch employees between company codes. Also when you do this, the old employee position always stays as a 'terminated' employee on all reports and it messes with turn over numbers.
ADP is a good product for medium to large companies because it can do more things than the smaller payroll companies, and it is these extra items that the larger companies need. Some of the small companies may be able to do some things better but they don't have all of the options that ADP does and they can't handle the volume of employees that ADP can.
the account manager(s) are great, it is the general support staff that could use more training. as said before, at times i know more about your system than they do.
overall it is good but if you are not use to using a computer or app then (which some of employees are not use to doing) then it can be difficult. we are trucking and warehousing and not everyone in those fields are computer savvy.
Read Lisa Heim's full review
Kristina Gutierrez | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Workforce Now is used as the main source of people data for the whole company. We utilize it to process payroll and manage time, but also to feed all other systems with user data, provide employee data to external vendors, and rely on the system to assist in accurate compliance reporting.
  • ADP Workforce Now maintains accurate compliance on state specific taxation situations. It keeps changes and updates to every aspect of state reporting up to date and relieves the pressure from the company needing to manage that.
  • ADP Workforce Now has a multitude of connection possibilities, through API or direct reporting. This has created automation for our company that saves countless hours.
  • ADP Workforce Now seems to keep up on changing technology by rolling out new features, both for accessibility and also security.
  • ADP Workforce Now has some areas that could expand in terms of customization. Many areas are stock/hardcoded and it causes issues when something specific to the organization is needed.
  • ADP Workforce Now runs into some issues that are not accessible by the client and require calling in for mainframe adjustment. Having a bit more access would be beneficial to more advanced users.
The only issue that prevents me from giving this a 10 rating is that the essential time system built into ADP Workforce Now is basic and the enhanced eTime system is chaotic. Otherwise, while most systems I have reviewed provide similar services as Workforce Now, I believe the trusted name of ADP and quality of the system is preferable.
For the most part, anything we cannot do directly has an option to execute through an add-on or enhancement. There is an area for improvement when it comes to customization of currently hardcoded fields, but overall this can be utilized to meet most needs.
Read Kristina Gutierrez's full review
Terri Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used ADP Workforce Now for payroll as well as HR. We are tracking variable comp and information for other countries, although, we are not using ADP for payroll in other countries.
  • I think it does the payroll really well--very easy to use.
  • Time and attendance also works well.
  • Employees like being able to log on from their phones.
  • Reporting can be difficult. Sometimes you change one thing and the report doesn't work.
  • Customer support can be problematic. Sometimes I know more than they do.
  • Better GL training for set up would be nice. I make changes and they don't work but I can't get anyone to show me what they are doing to fix them.
Works great for salaried employees who have commissions and bonuses. Not quite as easy for time and attendance but still good. It's hard when you have both in payroll and you need to be transferred to multiple departments to get it fixed.
I've learned that when you know what functions are available and you use them, it can do a lot more than you think it can.
Read Terri Taylor's full review
Karen McMaugh | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Workforce Now for payroll interfaced with Enchanced E-time. It ties both time and attendance to payroll. This allows us to utilize home and work departments that interface with our accounting systems. We also use the GL services to download and upload to our accounting software weekly.
  • Payroll importing from Etime.
  • GL interface.
  • The timeout feature - Make it longer. Or at least make it sign off instead of giving me a big red bar after I have entered a bunch of information that gets lost!
  • Terminations - The box should not have an employee name in it.
  • Deduction changes - the cursor should be in an editable state when chosen. Not make the user backspace - or highlight it to remove/change the number
  • Clean up the Reporting system... all those tabs - all the folders, can't access them from the same places. Messy ....
  • Two layered verification is ridiculous.. I am already logged in as an admin, but to change an address or deposit, I have to wait for a verification code..... why ?
For doing payroll, it is easy to use. The layout could be a little more condensed. I would love to see them add the self ID to the new hire template so I don't have to go back and update it after I hire and say "done" on that screen. Fix the reporting screen! All those extra tabs are messy, and there is so much duplication on that screen. It takes too many clicks to get where I need to be on my reports. I can't move things to the right folders.
For the most part the system works just fine. Some of the upgrades don't make sense to me, but I get used to them after a while. I do wish they would change that time out feature... It never warns when it is going to timeout and I lose data if I am in a paydata batch. It's very frustrating. I have been complaining about this issue for YEARS and it never gets addressed...
  • Online training
My account representative doesn't respond to anything. Rarely can you get her on the first try...and when she does answer, most times she cannot help. All of my service connect requests get foisted off on someone else. The support team is great... They are always there to help resolve an issue. Most times I hope Auspria doesn't answer the call..
The system is very easy to use once you figure out where everything is "hidden"...
Read Karen McMaugh's full review
Wayde Whelan | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being utilized across our whole organization. We use ADP for all of our payroll purposes, for staff clocking in and out, for management to review and approve time cards. It is used as a method of communication between employees and management and used as a way to pay out differentials we have in place. We are currently looking at the potential of utilizing the work schedule feature.
  • User friendly
  • Reports
  • Options available to meet our needs
  • Work Schedule
  • Connecting to other programs a company may be using.
ADP Workforce Now is user friendly when it comes to time card features and reports we can run. The work schedule component could use some work to better meet our needs.
Think it meets most of our needs, but not all needs.
Meets all of our major needs, would benefit if we could utilize more of the components.
Overall it is very user friendly.
Read Wayde Whelan's full review
October 24, 2020
Darcy Willis | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being use across the whole organization. We use the payroll and time & attendance systems. It has helped us since the time clock system use to be separate from ADP and now everything is together and works a lot better than before.
  • I really like having a Account Manager
  • Have time attendance with payroll has been a big help
  • I have a really bad experience setting up a new company code, that you need to have someone looking over the process and making sure that everyone is doing their jobs.
  • A better way to manage the policies that I want someone to acknowledge they received.
I feel out of the other systems with ADP that Workforce now has been the best.
I really like the Workforce now version of ADP that I have worked with.
It is easy to use most of the time.
Read Darcy Willis's full review

Employee demographic data (587)
Employment history (601)
Job profiles and administration (565)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (583)
Organizational charting (396)
Organization and location management (444)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (416)
Pay calculation (639)
Support for external payroll vendors (237)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (32)
Benefit plan administration (519)
Direct deposit files (637)
Salary revision and increment management (491)
Reimbursement management (283)
Approval workflow (470)
Balance details (496)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (405)
View and generate pay and benefit information (624)
Update personal information (611)
View company policy documentation (489)
Employee recognition (217)
View job history (32)
Tracking of all physical assets (12)
6.0
Report builder (605)
Pre-built reports (601)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (344)
New hire portal (21)
6.1
Manager tracking tools (14)
4.8
Corporate goal setting (140)
Individual goal setting (177)
Line-of sight-visibility (144)
6.7
Performance tracking (169)
Performance plans (221)
Performance improvement plans (185)
Review status tracking (224)
Review reminders (229)
Multiple review frequency (189)
Create succession plans/pools (6)
5.8
Candidate ranking (6)
5.8
Candidate search (7)
6.3
Candidate development (6)
6.2
Job Requisition Management (215)
Company Website Posting (216)
Publish to Social Media (173)
Job Search Site Posting (191)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (8)
2.3
Applicant Tracking (218)
Notifications and Alerts (235)

What is ADP Workforce Now?

ADP Workforce Now is a human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.

Built on a single database, the fully integrated ADP Workforce Now suite includes Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, Time & Labor Management and HR Analytics capabilities. From payroll to proactive compliance to managing employees across borders, the vendor says the goal of ADP Workforce Now is to free users from administrative tasks so they can focus on their people and their business. Workforce Now integrates simply and securely with other business applications through APIs and the ADP Marketplace. Users can add more functionality as their business grows.

The vendor's value proposition is that users can save time and money through:

• Fewer employee questions – easy self-service tools like the WFN top-rated mobile app provide access to pay info, timecards and more.
  • Less data entry – updates sync automatically to payroll, benefits and other systems.
  • Competitive pricing – options designed to meet users' specific needs.

The vendor also says users can gain peace of mind due to:

• Expertise – vendor has over 65 years of experience, and is used across industries.
  • Automated alerts – to help prevent costly errors.
  • Compliance – over 2,500 specialists actively monitor regulatory changes and focus on users' compliance needs.

ADP Workforce Now Features

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management

Leave and Attendance Management Features

Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment

Employee Self Service Features

Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition

HR Reporting Features

Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features

ADP Workforce Now Video

Watch ADP Workforce Now: human capital management solutions from hire to retire

ADP Workforce Now Downloadables

ADP Workforce Now Integrations

Oracle Cloud HCM, Concur Travel and Expense, Sage Intacct, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, 100+ integrations via marketplace.adp.com and APIs

ADP Workforce Now Competitors

Payroll EssentialsContact sales team
HR PlusContact sales team
Hiring AdvantageContact sales team
Performance PlusContact sales team

Please contact ADP for a product demo and ask about a hands-on "test drive" of Workforce Now.

ADP Workforce Now Customer Size Distribution