ADP Workforce Now is an cloud-based HR platform for mid-sized businesses.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/yk/f8/XN03W7ANNS32.pngViews of ADP Workforce Now from a new userOur organization uses Workforce Now for HR, Benefits and Payroll processing. The HR and Benefits capacities are recent additions as we are streamlining processes and looking for accuracy and efficiency. The ability to manage the benefits (enrollment and deductions) through WFN have eliminated human error and saved time in the long run. Next, we will convert the HSA employee and employer contributions to the benefit module. Having employees in many states and overseas demands a provider that can handle the complex taxation. ADP representatives have been helpful and knowledgeable in supporting our employee base.,Highly trained customer service representatives. When calling, wait times are usually short. All representatives have a broad base of training so most questions are resolved right away. There is an extensive 'back office' of more experienced team members to address the more complex issues and anomalies. Recent training updates including the common sharing of representative email address for ongoing follow up access. Learning opportunities are available through videos, webcasts, PDFs , conferences and virtual conferences. I have found the quarter and year end videos to be especially helpful. I am appreciative of emails with links to articles with payroll relevance, saving me the time to research. Reporting capabilities are extensive. There are many standard reports that provide the base report with opportunity to customize fields, sorting, etc. And they can be saved for future use, with additional edit capabilities. Also available are fully custom reports, built by the the user, with the option of guidance from an ADP report writer. My experience includes a completely custom created report that I now use on a regular basis. The personal attention and investment of time to get my report exactly as needed was much appreciated.,There are some screen printing issues with relationship to the pay statements. There are great capabilities to compare up to 5 pay statements for an employee. The view of information is both helpful and powerful. However, if a printout is desired, it is impossible! It prints with all the underlying layers of data versus what is seen on the screen. So frustrating to have such a wonderful tool available, but no way to print or pdf to share with an employee. As fantastic as the customer service is, my experience has included some very challenging issues. In these cases, it would be helpful to have a dedicated phone line to reach the manager, team leader, or highly experienced team member that has been involved along the way. I have spent much time being transferred, waiting, explaining and re-explaining only to have to wait for a return call from the person I initially needed to speak with. The benefit and payroll modules are extensive and very well integrated. However, in the set up process, it would be helpful to have someone 'lead' the process from ADP along side the client. In setting up some benefits, we felt stuck in the middle knowing what the outcome should look like, but not how to get there. And the ADP benefit rep didn't understand the payroll side, while the ADP payroll rep didn't understand the benefit side. So we, the employer, had to attempt to understand both and guide the ADP reps in the set up. It felt a little disconnected. Eventually, we worked it out, but it seems a more smooth process from within ADP would provide more customer satisfaction.,9,My experience with ADP is just over a year. In that time I have worked extensively with with our HR team to bring efficiency and accuracy to our departments. We have worked to use the HR fields for improved reporting and tracking. We have added almost all of the benefits into that module to allow for future time savings during open enrollment. In the next year, we will begin to see our efforts pay off in improved accuracy and time savings from manual entries. As we both become more knowledgeable and comfortable with the capabilities in ADP, we look forward to a larger impact.,Our HR team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much.,Salesforce Analytics Cloud, Financial Edge,9,There is more than one exceptional support story! One, more complex, involved reallocation of wages from a previous calendar year. Many emails, phone calls and amendment filings later, we had the proper resolution to reallocate wages among foreign and two states. It was complicated by employee travel, hurricane closing for ADP (Florida), and exemptions from FICA. My rep was very good an researching, reviewing and staying in contact.ADP Workforce Now - excellent for large (500+) employers; not cost effective for small employersWorkforce Now is not currently being used by my organization. It was previously used as our payroll processor by our four hotel properties (approx 50 EEs per property). ADP in some form (PayExpert before WFN) had been used by our hotels for over 10 years.,Reporting capabilities (particularly custom reports) Easy to set up and customize Tax withholding updates,Customer service/tech support. Very hit or miss, sometimes I'd call and get someone excellent, other times I'd be passed around to different departments. Also sometimes a long wait time. It was annoying to have to 'toggle' between employee information screens (pay information, personal information, employment information, etc.) Biggest con was the price. We significantly reduced our payroll processing costs by choosing a different company with a local office. ADP is probably better suited to very large companies with 1000s of employees.,7,By switching from ADP WFN to a smaller payroll provider (with the same capabilities as we were using with ADP), we saved 40%.,Our HR team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much.,Viventium Software, Infinisource iSolved, Paychex Flex and Paycom,QuickBooks ProADP Workforce now is seamless for payroll and benefits!ADP Workforce Now is used by our entire organization. Our employees use it to report their time so we can process our weekly payroll and to request time off. We use the HR and Benefits package for our annual benefits open enrollment process and the benefits changes flow into payroll so there is no extra processing involved. ADP also sends the benefit info to our insurance third party administrator for enrollments. Love that employees can update any changes to their demographics, direct deposit info, and federal/state tax exemptions. Performance reviews are online so managers and employees can view historical reviews without me having to make copies from their personnel file.,Benefits enrollment - saves so much time by having the benefits enrollment online. The benefits cost flow directly to payroll so there is no [chance] for error by entering an incorrect amount. Carrier connections flow the info to our insurance company - no paper forms Keeps us informed on any changes involving ACA, taxes or other federal regulations. Subscribe to Eye on Washington and you are always up to date on current happenings in Washington. Ability to handle all of our state and local taxes. We have 9 states and many locals.,Managers would like a link to their Outlook calendar for all of their reports' vacation time. Currently, the employee will get a link to add to their personal Outlook just not the managers. Would like to see real time changes when updating any of the configurations pages. It is a pain to have to log off and log back on to see how the changes look.,10,I handle all payroll aspects and the administration of our benefits, ESOP and 401k. Before ADP, I had an assistance who would key hours into our old system. Had so many key errors and we no longer have that since the employees clock in and out on their computer. Payroll is completed so quickly that I have more time to focus on other issues.,,,Yes,Price Product Features Product Reputation,Implemented in-house,Yes,9,Online training In-person training Self-taught,9,9,No,10,No,Yes,10,No,NoThe All in One HR SolutionADP Workforce Now is used broadly across our organization; it enables us to find all of our HR resources in one place; including time off requests, compensation information, important docs, and company information. The interface is clean, intuitive, and easy to use - most functions can be utilized with little to no training.,Easily request times off and tack accrued balances. There is a document repository to easily view important company forms and employee documents. There is an "Enrollments" hub which enables employees to easily enroll and manage benefits.,The performance management tools are clucky, they seem to be a "me-too" add-on that offers little value compared to other solutions that are out there. The portal often has 'scheduled' maintenance, during these time you can log into your account. The mobile app seems slow, there seems to be frequently login issues.,7,The tool has equipped all employees to track and request time off. This solution has served as our online company forms and employee document repository. Overall the tool enables us to streamline and automate many of our HR tasks.,Not sure.,Small Improvements,Basecamp, Kompyte, Udemy for Business, Concur Expense, Concur Travel and Expense, Zoom Video Webinar, WordStream, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions, Facebook for Business, Twitter AdsADP WorkForce NowADP Workforce Now is without a doubt the most efficient HR and payroll system that I have used throughout the duration of my career. It is a seamless integration of both systems and allows employees to monitor all things related to and involving the human resources side of the business.,The ability to see which benefits programs you are signed up for. The ability to track PTO and assess the rate at which PTO is accrued. It is nice to be able to communicate directly with the HR staff on the platform.,It is a little difficult to pull reports. If you switch off the tab, it will sometimes log you out of your session. The interface could be a little bit cleaner, as well as the search function (more readily search within an existing folder).,8,Sped up the HR process Ability to onboard new employees much quicker Efficient tracking of all things related to payroll.,Our HR team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much.,Ceridian Dayforce,LinkedIn Talent, Salesforce App Cloud, Winmo,Not Sure
ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now Reviews

ADP Workforce Now
Filter 436 vetted ADP Workforce Now reviews and ratings
September 07, 2018

Review: "Views of ADP Workforce Now from a new user"

• Highly trained customer service representatives. When calling, wait times are usually short. All representatives have a broad base of training so most questions are resolved right away. There is an extensive 'back office' of more experienced team members to address the more complex issues and anomalies. Recent training updates including the common sharing of representative email address for ongoing follow up access.
  • Learning opportunities are available through videos, webcasts, PDFs , conferences and virtual conferences. I have found the quarter and year end videos to be especially helpful. I am appreciative of emails with links to articles with payroll relevance, saving me the time to research.
  • Reporting capabilities are extensive. There are many standard reports that provide the base report with opportunity to customize fields, sorting, etc. And they can be saved for future use, with additional edit capabilities. Also available are fully custom reports, built by the the user, with the option of guidance from an ADP report writer. My experience includes a completely custom created report that I now use on a regular basis. The personal attention and investment of time to get my report exactly as needed was much appreciated.
  • There are some screen printing issues with relationship to the pay statements. There are great capabilities to compare up to 5 pay statements for an employee. The view of information is both helpful and powerful. However, if a printout is desired, it is impossible! It prints with all the underlying layers of data versus what is seen on the screen. So frustrating to have such a wonderful tool available, but no way to print or pdf to share with an employee.
  • As fantastic as the customer service is, my experience has included some very challenging issues. In these cases, it would be helpful to have a dedicated phone line to reach the manager, team leader, or highly experienced team member that has been involved along the way. I have spent much time being transferred, waiting, explaining and re-explaining only to have to wait for a return call from the person I initially needed to speak with.
  • The benefit and payroll modules are extensive and very well integrated. However, in the set up process, it would be helpful to have someone 'lead' the process from ADP along side the client. In setting up some benefits, we felt stuck in the middle knowing what the outcome should look like, but not how to get there. And the ADP benefit rep didn't understand the payroll side, while the ADP payroll rep didn't understand the benefit side. So we, the employer, had to attempt to understand both and guide the ADP reps in the set up. It felt a little disconnected. Eventually, we worked it out, but it seems a more smooth process from within ADP would provide more customer satisfaction.
For a small employer, with very little turnover and few benefit options, ADP may be too costly for the benefit. There are many affordable payroll providers available for small organizations.

For large employers with many benefits options, employees in multiple locations, multiple tax jurisdictions and varied pay types (salary, hourly, commission, etc), ADP is ideal. The extended customer service hours, extensive resources for international pay, and capability for multi state taxation is crucial for an international employer.
Read Melissa Rauch's full review
September 19, 2018

Review: "ADP Workforce Now - excellent for large (500+) employers; not cost effective for small employers"

• Reporting capabilities (particularly custom reports)
  • Easy to set up and customize
  • Tax withholding updates
  • Customer service/tech support. Very hit or miss, sometimes I'd call and get someone excellent, other times I'd be passed around to different departments. Also sometimes a long wait time.
  • It was annoying to have to 'toggle' between employee information screens (pay information, personal information, employment information, etc.)
  • Biggest con was the price. We significantly reduced our payroll processing costs by choosing a different company with a local office. ADP is probably better suited to very large companies with 1000s of employees.
ADP WFN is well-suited to companies with more than 500 employees who have a need for benefits administration, ACA compliance, time/attendance, on-boarding/recruitment in addition to payroll processing. Smaller companies can find better cost savings with a more modest payroll provider.
Read Sarah Frindt's full review
April 10, 2018

Review: "ADP Workforce now is seamless for payroll and benefits!"

• Benefits enrollment - saves so much time by having the benefits enrollment online. The benefits cost flow directly to payroll so there is no [chance] for error by entering an incorrect amount. Carrier connections flow the info to our insurance company - no paper forms
  • Keeps us informed on any changes involving ACA, taxes or other federal regulations. Subscribe to Eye on Washington and you are always up to date on current happenings in Washington.
  • Ability to handle all of our state and local taxes. We have 9 states and many locals.
  • Managers would like a link to their Outlook calendar for all of their reports' vacation time. Currently, the employee will get a link to add to their personal Outlook just not the managers.
  • Would like to see real time changes when updating any of the configurations pages. It is a pain to have to log off and log back on to see how the changes look.
With the upgrade to Workforce Now - I love that you can view your payroll preview almost instantly - no more waiting for the reports to process. The ease of making corrections is also very fast. The old system you had to wait a certain amount of time before you could reject a payroll and reprocess once the corrections are made. We have 160 employees and I have payroll completed within 4 hours from reviewing timecards to printing reports and processing the general ledger.
Read Karen Webb's full review
July 29, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "The All in One HR Solution"

• Easily request times off and tack accrued balances.
  • There is a document repository to easily view important company forms and employee documents.
  • There is an "Enrollments" hub which enables employees to easily enroll and manage benefits.
  • The performance management tools are clucky, they seem to be a "me-too" add-on that offers little value compared to other solutions that are out there.
  • The portal often has 'scheduled' maintenance, during these time you can log into your account.
  • The mobile app seems slow, there seems to be frequently login issues.
ADP Workforce Now is a good solution for an organization that wants to manage multiple HR tasks in one platform. This tool does a lot, but it doesn't do everything world class - particularly when it comes to performance management. ADP Workforce Now would be a good fit for organizations that want to streamline and scale their time requests, benefit enrollments, and payment receipts.
Read Dustin Hovey's full review
July 09, 2018

User Review: "ADP WorkForce Now"

• The ability to see which benefits programs you are signed up for.
  • The ability to track PTO and assess the rate at which PTO is accrued.
  • It is nice to be able to communicate directly with the HR staff on the platform.
  • It is a little difficult to pull reports.
  • If you switch off the tab, it will sometimes log you out of your session.
  • The interface could be a little bit cleaner, as well as the search function (more readily search within an existing folder).
ADP Workforce Now is best suited to be used in conjunction with existing HR systems, or even to replace an existing HR system. By integrating all things HR and payroll, ADP Workforce Now has efficiently changed and sped up the process through which monitoring PTO, benefits and payroll occurs.
Read Matthew Bernstein's full review
June 26, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "ADP Workplace (Employee Perspective)"

ADP Workforce now was used across the whole organization to organize payroll and to provide a central location for company-wide announcements. It also was where relevant tax information was released. It addressed the issue of employees always going to HR for payroll questions. Instead pay stubs and tax information were easily accessible in a self-serve format.
  • Centralized cloud-based location for tax information
  • Easily request and track PTO
  • User interface was bit clunky, looked outdated
ADP Workforce Now is well suited for medium teams. However, it is not great for teams who aren't very adept at using technology as it doesn't easily guide the user through the steps necessary to download tax documents, request PTO, etc...
Read Chloe Sayers's full review
September 06, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "ADP - Great Product"

We are using ADP across the whole organization; mainly we need it for payroll.
  • I like the support center, they always know the answer to my questions.
  • It is user-friendly for both employees and the admin.
  • I like the regular updates.
  • I'd like to see the price drop down.
ADP employees are very knowledgeable and they do lots of follow up.
Read Nour Alghussein's full review
September 05, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "Companies can save time on important issues"

I have been using ADP Payroll for over 15 years, and Workforce Now since their inception. It is definitely a tool every company with employees should use. It saves time, and takes away the burden of reporting, especially for the year-end reporting from a busy HR rep. or inexperienced person. Our firm found the ADP Workforce process easy to use, and reasonable in price.

• When you are busy, and you have to adhere to State and Federal laws for your employees, then the answer is to use a professional
  • The courtesy and dependability of the Customer Service when you seek help
  • The ADP platform that is available at your fingertips right on your computer to seek information and update your employee data at every step
  • I cannot make make recommendation for improvement , as my needs in using ADP Workforce have always been accommodated.
  • They took me through the process and it worked well for us
ADP Workforce and their other services work well for companies that have a small or large employee workforce, and that do not have a fully staffed HR department that can provide and fulfill all the areas needed for both Company and employee needs.
Read Pat Wright's full review
April 05, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "Workforce Now is worth your time"

It was used by my former company. HR used Workforce Now on a daily, almost hourly basis. Employees seemed to use it almost daily depending on how educated they were on the system.
  • The reports/data analytics
  • Benefits Management
  • PTO Balance tracking
  • Customer Service
  • System can be slow to load more often than not
  • Lack of a mobile app
I used to have to pull several reports to compile one spreadsheet that was requested. With Workforce Now, I could save time with one run of a report I could easily customize. I honestly can't think of when it wouldn't be as appropriate. I used it for everything it had to offer and overall, I found it was one of the better systems I had worked with.
Read Kimberly Cavanaugh, PHR's full review
September 19, 2018

User Review: "ADP WFN - Making life easier!"

We use ADP WFN for all of our HR and Payroll needs for the entire organization. We are able to track, update and process all of our HR and Payroll day to day functions with it. It is simple enough to use and when we do have issues their customer service is available to help us.
  • We are able to update all employee information including I9's which keeps us compliant
  • We are able to process payroll in a timely matter
  • We are able to use the HR module as our company HRIS system and we are very satisfied with that
  • I would say their customer service via phone needs to improve by a lot. A call to them could take up to an hour sometimes and that has to change.
  • WFN should have more options to choose from on just about every module that they serve. It seems their modules address the most popular issues but many times you are limited.
  • I think they should mend their 401K module into WFN, instead of keeping it a separate entity. It is basically taken twice the time to do repetitive work for employers like us that use ADP 401K
WFN is great when we have to run a special or bonus payroll. It allows us to set up and run almost instantly. It is accurate and very time friendly. We are able to follow the flow of funds to our ACCT Department and allow us to transfer funds for a special payroll to our bank in a timely matter. This is very important for our firm.
August 30, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "Payroll for Trainers Usage"

We use it almost 100% for payroll. It works very well most of the time. I use it to pull training information. The reporting feature has gotten much easier to use. A lot of employees use the mobile app and are happy with it.
  • Easy to input information.
  • Lots of great reporting features.
  • Many opportunities to create custom fields.
  • Can't think of anything.
I really like the reporting features and all the different ways you can create reports..
July 10, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "ADP makes it easy to view and manage PTO and payment information"

ADP Workforce Now is used by our entire organization. Every employee has access to the system to view the company-wide calendar. The calendar shows upcoming holidays, company information and the pay schedule. Employees can also request and monitor their PTO from ADP. You are able to see how much PTO you have used and what you have remaining and then request PTO directly from the calendar. All of your employment information is available in ADP as well.
  • I love being able to see my PTO balance from within ADP. I can quickly see how much PTO I have left for the year and how much I have already used.
  • It is very easy to view our work calendar and request PTO. You can select the hours/days you are requesting as well as provide notes on why you are requesting the days off.
  • There is a company-wide calendar in ADP that shows the pay schedule as well as any national holidays and company days off. This is very convenient.
  • You are able to view all of your past pay stubs very quickly and easily from ADP.
  • I work from home occasionally and for whatever reason, I cannot access ADP while remote. I have tried logging into our network via VPN and am still not able to.
  • For some reason, I also have trouble logging in via the mobile app as well. When it works, it works great, but I cannot always use it.
  • It can be a little confusing to navigate the menus on the site at first. Now that I have been using ADP for a few years this is not a problem, but at first, it was a little confusing.
ADP is a great tool to manage your employment information, your payment information, and your PTO information. I use it on a regular basis and have never had any real issues with it. When you request PTO, you are sent a confirmation email and your approver is also sent an email. Once you have been approved, you get an email back letting you know. I think ADP may not be the best suited for smaller companies. When I worked for a smaller company, we may not have had a great need for something as robust as ADP.
June 14, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "Workforce now... some strong capabilities, but reporting could improve"

We utilize Workforce now for all of our Time and Attendance tracking and reporting. This allows us access to specific data for the clock in and out times, tracking overtime, and coordinating the various shifts we have across 3 work locations. This also works well for us as we utilize it not only for shop clock in with fingerprint scan and 4 number pin but also for our office staff who clock in and out on their computers.
  • We like the simplicity of the system as one of it's best aspects. All of our hourly employees clearly understand how it works. Enter a code, press the fingerprint pad, and you are off. For those in the office, we have a link right off of our Intranet, so you log in, click the link, then click the Log Me In button. Ease of use and ease of explanation for temps and regular employees alike is of importance to us.
  • Not only is the log in feature easy, but we also have several times a day where employees in our shop are working in one department and need to then work in another department. The logging in and out of different departments couldn't be easier. Just use the fingerprint scan, select the new department, and go. We are pleased that teaching new employees about this feature is very simple.
  • We also track time for our temps, even though we don't pay them through our ADP payroll system. This too is straightforward and simple. We set up a couple controls differently, but this way we can track the hours worked by temps and regular employees alike for efficiency and cost perspectives. We are pleased with how this operates.
  • One aspect that could use some improvement is the reporting aspects. We have found that not every field works in conjunction with every other field for reporting, so we can't just say we want this, and this and this together on a report. Sometimes we have found we need two reports run and then we need to combine them in Excel with V-lookups. The data is correct, but it would be better to have easier reporting capabilities.
  • The customer service could be better in some areas. We used to call an 800 number but were then told that our account was "large enough for a dedicated team". We were then assigned an account rep. The problem is that the account rep was rarely around to take our calls, and many of our calls were things that needed to be addressed quickly (problem with a code in payroll, etc). We couldn't wait two days to hear back if we are submitting payroll today. Even though there is a team that helps the account rep, more often than not we hear that they will need to leave a message. We don't have many issues where this comes up much more, but when it does it is an inconvenience.
This is well suited for many locations, where there are many people clocking in at several areas and also vary between desk and factory clock-ins. Where there may be issues with Workforce now is in where we have mentioned before... strong reporting capabilities in reporting on many aspects is a struggle.
September 19, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "ADP is truely my right hand!"

Workforce Now is being used through our entire company. Currently used for payroll, timekeeping, time management, and benefits.
We are currently looking to expand with ADP by implementing additional modules.
  • User-Friendly; easy to navigate and provides training online via learning bytes or a full training course. Training or learning can be for the smallest task to larger complex instruction.
  • When calling in either to general customer service or an account manager, the ADP team truly makes an effort to help resolve the concern or question in a timely manner.
  • The ADP Team are good listeners before responding on the phone or via email.
  • Benefit enrollments have a glitch for one-off enrollments 'life events'; the practitioner cannot change the default enrollment date without rejecting the enrollment and manually re-entering. Note: This is not an issue for annual open enrollments.
  • Workflow messaging has some room for improvement.
I do not know how best to answer this as I am happy with all the current programs we are using within Workforce now. We are looking to expand our capabilities and uses to possibly include recruitment, onboarding, and document cloud.
I expect ADP is a good fit for companies small and large.
September 19, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "ADP Drives Efficiency and Scale!"

ADP Workforce Now is our primary US payroll provider and thus is being leveraged by our Payroll department and all US employees. On the back-end, it really helps our Payroll team within our Accounting department to efficiently pay our employees. On the front-end, the Workforce Now interface is really helpful for employees to access their personal pay information in a clear and self-service manner.
  • Industry standard, hence your Accounting team likely can get up to speed on it quickly.
  • Easy to set up and maintain.
  • Fair and equitable pricing structure.
  • Easy to use interface for employees.
  • Great mobile app for employees.
  • Ability to customize the user interface to be more tailored to your company brand.
  • Better integration into other systems.
  • Better integration for international payroll.
Well suited for growing and predominately US-based companies who want to implement a proven and scalable solution. Also for companies who want employees to have access to their payroll information on the go via the mobile application.
September 19, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "Easy and Helpful"

We use ADP Workforce for Human Resources, Payroll and 401K administration. It is being used by our Accounting Department, Employees, and Human Resources. No problems so far.
  • Keeps track of salary and job title changes (history) for future reference.
  • Keeps track of attendance records (using Attendance Point system)
  • Report creation is an asset.
  • Be able to input other hours without having to input time on it. Like Vacation just add 8hrs one day and not having to input any time. This cannot be done right now.
  • Be able to make changes in position (job title) at the same time(if it applies) a change in salary is made. Now we have to go to a different screen (including the department change).
  • Rehire would be much easier if you look at the employee name and do a rehire right there and then.
  • Employees that have been terminated for a long time are purged and it's kind of not easy to rehire them.
I had mentioned about the hours on the time card screen. It would be easier and less confusing if we can enter just total hours when it comes to vacation, other hours, sick, personal, etc.
Also, the rehiring of purged employees. It is not so easy to rehire an employee that has been included in the purged list.
September 12, 2018

Review: "ADP Workforce Now is a HUGE time and money saver for a small company!"

We are a small company that uses ADP Workforce now to process our company payroll.
  • ADP Workforce Now does a great job of using templates (such as new hire template) which makes processes efficient.
  • ADP Workforce Now is extremely easy to navigate and move from one area to another.
  • ADP Workforce Now is continually being updated and enhanced which makes my job easier.
  • I find it difficult to set-up new taxing authorities.
  • I've had difficulty setting up new Workers Compensation states and processing the correct WC withholding on the first payroll for new states.
  • I always seem to need help every year loading in the new state unemployment insurance rates.
ADP Workforce Now seems to be a great product for small companies as ours. It's costs effective and easy to use. I especially like the customer service. When I do have to call ADP for help, my questions are answered quickly and timely. I also like the fact that our 401k Plan is with ADP and all contributions are made timely and accurately.
June 18, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "A More Efficient Way for End Users & Benefits"

I've used ADP Workforce Now at two different companies. It is a portal for everything from company information, such as people in the company, and calendars of company holidays. It is used company wide. It's main purpose at all of the companies I've used it is for time tracking and payment. To request time off we go into ADP and request the time. We use ADP for selecting our benefits, accessing our pay stubs, updating of W4, and getting tax statements. It puts everything in one place, meaning you don't have to try to remember which tool you use to access what. It also has a mobile app, that is not only easy to use, but looks great too.
  • The ability to access pay stubs and tax statements going back as far as you've worked at a company that uses ADP. When I moved from my old company to my new company, I was shocked that I could go back and get information that was related to my old company. It made it really convenient when it came to filing taxes because I could grab both W-2s from the same place.
  • The mobile app is better than any I've ever used for tracking hours. It is honestly easier to use the mobile app than their site. You can easily login using your normal ADP credentials (or Touch ID once it is already set up) and once you are in, it is a simple process to enter in hours, view time cards, view paychecks, etc.
  • Being able to access benefit information in the same tool that I would use for other admin related tasks makes it so easy to compare what I have now, it what I might want to change to during the next open enrollment. The benefits you are enrolled in are also listed in a way that makes it easy to understand how much coverage you have and how much you are paying for it.
  • The web version (not the app) looks dated in some of the tool bars on the left and right sides of the page. This might be something that is customizable though.
  • The area where you request time off can be difficult to use. Say you request one day off, but decide later that you really should have requested 3 days off. You aren't able to easily extend the request (even if it hasn't been reviewed/approved). In my experience you have to cancel/delete the original request and then make a entirely new request.
I could see it being beneficial for companies 15 people and up. Anything smaller than that I couldn't see it being as beneficial, because I'd imagine it would cut into their costs. I also think it is great for companies that have a lot of remote employees or different offices. It has ways to add extra pages or features, that make it to where you can customize content. For example, I've seen some companies have a people section, this makes it easy to find what team and job title a specific person has. This is extremely helpful when the company is larger or people aren't in the same office.
May 31, 2018

Review: "ADP Workforce now - a solution for diverse payroll needs"

ADP Workforce Now is used to manage payroll and attendance. It's used across the entire organization, and the hourly employees use it for time cards. It allows us to keep track of time worked, sick time, vacations, and pay.
  • Time-off accrued balances on a specific date - and the ability to look into the future to see what PTO/sick time look like
  • Pay stub and tax form record keeping
  • Pay and time-off benefits in the same place
  • Clunky interface - not intuitive and outdated
  • Technical issues with PTO requests being marked as sick time and vice versa
ADP Workforce Now will work well in organization that employs hourly office employees as well as salaried people. It will not work as well for time cards where employees do not have computer access.
September 19, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "Workforce Now is Robust and Complete solution"

We are using WFN for payroll, benefits, benefit accruals, recruiting, onboarding, and ACA reporting. It greatly reduces the need to have multiple systems to house information. I love having a fully integrated HRIS solution. It frees up my time to do more strategic planning and projects.
  • Reporting
  • Payroll
  • Benefits
  • Implementation of new modules
  • Training on new modules
  • Helping keep small companies up to date. Depts don't talk to one another
It's expensive for a small company but for midsize and bigger companies their product integrates well across various modules so it reduces double or triple entry. Reporting is easy to use. It's so robust and there are so many nuances that it's hard to be adept of one and learn everything to operate the system to its fullest.
September 19, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "Easy hiring system"

ADP Workforce now is being used by our organization for payroll, ACA reporting, and other business payment needs. The ACA reporting helps out immensely as the information in the ADP Benefits system carries over to the program, therefore automating the report.
  • ACA reporting. Information entered into the benefits section carries over to reporting.
  • New hire onboarding. The system has an easy to follow step-by-step process.
  • Employees who are ready to help at any time.
  • When a Time and Expense employee is rehired, there are some issues signing on again. The badge "number" erases, therefore creating a problem with the sign on.
  • The vacation accruals don't always add up correctly. There are many times where I have to go in to correct this, especially on their one year anniversary.
ADP has a good system for hiring people in the system. Sometimes the system is down for Time and Expense and people have a hard time clocking out (or the system doesn't capture it).
May 25, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "ADP from a users point of view"

It is being used by the company to manage the employee payroll. Employees all have a login where they can see their pay stubs. We also use it to track PTO requests and managers can review and authorize them. The employees that are hourly are also responsible for entering their timecards in.
  • It allows managers to quickly review PTO requests as well as see the requests that are current for the given month
  • It stores all of the tax and pay stubs so they are easy to access whenever they are needed
  • It gives a quick sense of how much PTO you have and makes it easy to request the time off
  • Not very usable
  • Hard to navigate
  • Not intuitive
ADP works ok if you are running payroll. But as a manager who needs to approve timecards or track PTO and approve it, it is not my favorite solution. Because I only log in once a week or less, it is hard to remember where to go to get things done which to me means the UI is not intuitive.
April 27, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "ADP WorkforceNow"

ADP Workforce is being used by our company to help setup health benefits every year and for viewing bi-weekly pay statements. This allows us to get insight into our pay and what is being deducted from taxes and other allocations (ie 401K). Employees also use this system to look at their W2 statements.
  • ADP has a great repository of bi-weekly pay statements.
  • ADP has a great repository of W2 statements.
  • It is also very easy to navigate and use.
  • When I click into ADP from OneLogin, it always fails to log me into ADP. I have to "try again" and have to manually login. If we could make this a bit more seamless like the other apps on OneLogin, that would be ideal!
It is great for getting people set up with their health benefits and for tracking salary and commission and the corresponding deductions. It is overall a great system to use and navigate through.
April 17, 2018

User Review: "ADP Workforce Now"

ADP is being used across the whole organization. Used for benefits, time cards, etc. It helps us keep all information in one place for our employees.
  • Benefits enrolment - it allows employees to sign up for benefits easily.
  • Time cards - employees can sign in from across the country.
  • Newsletters - we can provide information in the dashboard for employees to read.
  • Customer service can be difficult to reach out to at times of need.
  • Running reports can become complicated. You have to use their keywords.
Better for a smaller organization where tracking may be easier.
March 03, 2018

ADP Workforce Now Review: "ADP for Mobile"

Currently we are using the system company-wide for a number of purposes. Some teams are using it as a system to track their timecards. Others use it to view their paystubs. Company-wide we use the messaging system to ensure all team members are up to date on the latest company policies by ensuring everyone acknowledges that they have read them.
  • The mobile app for clocking in allows the company to set a radius of how close to the workplace you need to be to clock in.
  • The timecard system allows for easy review of hours.
  • The time off balances and requests are simple to use and easy to see vacation time accrual.
  • The geo location system for logging in on the app is faulty often.
  • There needs to be a system for users to request timecard changes for errors.
This is a great system for rapidly growing companies to manage multiple employees across numerous departments. It also allows salary and hourly employees to be managed on the same application. It is a really great system for larger companies to ensure company-wide policies are being acknowledged by all team members which can be especially difficult and to set deadlines to that.
Read Whitney Kelley's full review

Employee demographic data (157)
Employment history (160)
Job profiles and administration (147)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (153)
Organizational charting (89)
6.6
Organization and location management (110)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (106)
Pay calculation (174)
Support for external payroll vendors (57)
Benefit plan administration (141)
Direct deposit files (171)
Salary revision and increment management (128)
Reimbursement management (62)
Approval workflow (123)
Balance details (133)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (108)
View and generate pay and benefit information (170)
Update personal information (165)
View company policy documentation (136)
Employee recognition (62)
View job history (32)
Tracking of all physical assets (12)
6.0
Report builder (155)
Pre-built reports (154)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (95)
New hire portal (21)
6.1
Manager tracking tools (14)
4.9
Corporate goal setting (36)
Individual goal setting (49)
Line-of sight-visibility (37)
Performance tracking (43)
Performance plans (62)
Performance improvement plans (52)
Review status tracking (63)
Review reminders (67)
Multiple review frequency (51)
Create succession plans/pools (6)
5.8
Candidate ranking (6)
5.7
Candidate search (7)
6.3
Candidate development (6)
6.2
Job Requisition Management (52)
Company Website Posting (52)
Publish to Social Media (39)
Job Search Site Posting (45)
6.7
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (8)
2.3
Applicant Tracking (53)
Notifications and Alerts (58)

About ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now is an easy-to-use human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.

Built on a single database, the fully integrated ADP Workforce Now suite includes Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, Time & Labor Management and HR Analytics capabilities. From payroll to proactive compliance to managing employees across borders, the vendor says the goal of ADP Workforce Now is to free users from administrative tasks so they can focus on their people and their business. Workforce Now integrates simply and securely with other business applications through APIs and the ADP Marketplace. Users can add more functionality as their business grows.

The vendor's value proposition is that users can save time and money through:

• Fewer employee questions – easy self-service tools like the WFN top-rated mobile app provide access to pay info, timecards and more.
  • Less data entry – updates sync automatically to payroll, benefits and other systems.
  • Competitive pricing – options designed to meet users' specific needs.

The vendor also says users can gain peace of mind due to:

• Expertise – vendor has over 65 years of experience, and is used across industries.
  • Automated alerts – to help prevent costly errors.
  • Compliance – over 2,500 specialists actively monitor regulatory changes and focus on users' compliance needs.

ADP Workforce Now Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle checks
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Does not have featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Does not have featureTracking of all physical assets
Does not have featureAsset issue and transfer management
Does not have featureAsset return
Does not have featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featurePerformance plans
Has featurePerformance improvement plans
Has featureReview status tracking
Has featureReview reminders
Has featureMultiple review frequency
Succession Planning Features
Does not have featureCreate succession plans/pools
Does not have featureCandidate ranking
Does not have featureCandidate search
Does not have featureCandidate development
Onboarding Features
Does not have featureNew hire portal
Does not have featureManager tracking tools
Performance and Goals Features
Has featureBenefits: Open Enrollment
Has featureMobile Application for Employee Self-Service

ADP Workforce Now Screenshots

ADP Workforce Now Integrations

Oracle HCM Cloud, Concur Travel and Expense, Sage Intacct, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, 100+ integrations via marketplace.adp.com and APIs

ADP Workforce Now Competitors

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required

Please contact ADP for a product demo and ask about a hands-on "test drive" of Workforce Now.

ADP Workforce Now Customer Size Distribution