ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Lanita Palermo profile photo
November 07, 2019

Makes my life easier!

ADP Workforce Now is being used throughout our park district. All of our staff have access to Workforce Now via desktop and/or mobile app. Recently, ADP helped us go paperless with our payroll! They worked closely with me on communication with our employees on what they needed to do prior to going paperless and they helped me get employees signed up with ADP Wisely Pay card. This is very exciting for us!
  • ADP is fantastic about communicating to the administrators of any updates and/or changes that will occur to the system.
  • They offer free webinars to their customers.
  • Client Support is just amazing! They are so helpful and always have the answers.
  • The reporting features are one of the reasons I love Workforce Now.
  • We provide a referral bonus to employees who refer someone to work for us. In the Employment Profile, on the Employment tile, I would like to see a field to enter in the employee's name who referred them.
I've used ADP products with my current and previous employers. My previous employer had 1,000+ employees and my current employer has 100+ employees. ADP Workforce Now is well suited for anyone looking to streamline their HR and Payroll functions into a one-stop-shop product. It's easy to hire, calculate vacation time, and run reports for year end retirement contributions and Department of Labor statistics.
Read Lanita Palermo's full review
Pattie Curry, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, MBA profile photo
We use ADP Workforce Now for administration of our payroll, timekeeping, time off and HRIS functions for our U.S. based employees. It makes it easier to have all of our data in one place for our three locations. We have practitioners at two locations that have full access to all employees.
  • The timekeeping function allows us to keep an accurate track of our employees, even when working in a different location. We have the ability to allocate costs from one cost center to another from within the timecard making it easy to transfer costs. We have added schedules to track clocking discrepancies and also recently added an ADP partner for additional resources in dealing with an attendance policy.
  • Payroll makes it easy to manage all aspects of pay from garnishments to bonuses. The tax service takes care of reporting all the taxes so we just need to make sure all the data in the system is correct.
  • The implementation to ADP was very well managed and timed. They employ very good resources that will walk you through the entire process without any of the stresses usually associated with an implementation.
  • The reporting function has gotten better although it could still be slightly improved. I would like to see an example of the reports along with the data included.
  • They need a better system to track FMLA and other leaves.
  • It would be nice for them to have a module built just for a vacation donation policy.
ADP has many bells and whistles that might not be appropriate for a smaller company - however they can usually tailor it down for them. I think it would be good for just about any other company. They are frequently updating their contents so if you don't like change you might not want to use them. But their changes are usually based on feedback from the users - so it's really a good thing.
Read Pattie Curry, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, MBA's full review
Connie Francis profile photo
We use Workforce Now for payroll and human resources. We don't use it to its fullest potential but it gets the job done. We are continually improving and accessing more of its options to bolster our company and employees. For payroll, it is a great program. I process payroll weekly and can get it done in half a day. When I do have problems, ADP responds but not usually as quickly as I would like. It can be difficult to find an actual person to trouble shoot issues when calling in for help or sending a support email request. I do recommend using Workforce Now.
  • Payroll - easy to use - especially the hire/fire process
  • Reporting - allows custom reports to be created from sample reports or from scratch
  • Tracking of Employees - easy to access time off requests, who is/is not punched in
  • Customer Service - quicker response to email support requests
  • Benefit Accruals - don't know how to make sure they are working correctly. When the year turns over there is no way to make sure the payrolls covering the end of December booked time off requests to the year just finished instead of adding it to the new year. I end up making a lot of adjustments in January.
  • Filters for reports - not always the easiest to figure out what filter to use for reports
All situations would be appropriate. It depends on how detailed you want to be with regards to payroll processing and reporting. Workforce Now allows you to be very detailed or not so much. It does take a bit to get used to and to run it efficiently.
Read Connie Francis's full review
Cheri Nichols, CPP profile photo
November 12, 2019

ADP Workforce Lover

We use it as our HRM in HR for payroll, timekeeping, hirinng, reporting and benefits. We also have all of our employees using it for self service on time cards, employee profile and payroll. It is both a resources and tool.
  • Payroll
  • Benefits
  • Reporting
  • Enhanced Time
  • Onboarding
  • Total Rewards
My biweekly payroll is a breeze with Workforce Now. I love it. Reporting is simple after the fact. The new Open Enrollment Dashboard made setting up our self service open enrollment (OE) a breeze, even though we are switching carriers for 2020. We use self-service for life status changes and for benefits as well. I am so thankful for this product compared to other software I have used in other payroll jobs, including a different older ADP product.
Read Cheri Nichols, CPP's full review
Dawn Cribelar-Sornson, CPP profile photo
November 06, 2019

ADP Workforce Now Review

ADP Workforce Now is used by the payroll department and by all employees for self service items, such as direct deposit and tax withholding changes. Employees are also able to print copies of their pay stubs. Allowing employees to make changes saves time for the payroll department.
  • Employee Self Service
  • Reporting
  • Easier Company Transfers, now the benefits are not carrying over to the new company.
  • Better integration with ADP Time and Attendance
Great customization, but ADP allows you to customize items that make you no longer compliant with IRS rules and regulations. For instance, WFN will let me add an additional percentage to an employees withholdings while IRS regulations only allow a flat dollar amount.
Read Dawn Cribelar-Sornson, CPP's full review
Scott Smith profile photo
My employees are spread across 15 states. We have offices in 6 of those states, the other employees are remote. Utilizing the Employee Self-Service functionality of Workforce Now allows my employees to complete their HR, payroll, and benefits transactions in a minimal amount of time with a minimal time commitment. ADP makes it easy for me to make my employees' lives easier!
  • Employee Self-Service makes it easy for my employees to complete the HR, payroll and benefits transactions quickly and simply.
  • ADP handles our tax reporting and payments expertly!
  • Workforce Now has a plethora of canned reports and an an absolutely amazing custom reporting module.
  • Workforce Now currently has the ability for me to send messages to employees during open enrollment or new hire enrollment. Would love to see ADP expand that functionality to allow me to filter employees and send ad-hoc messages at any time and for any reason.
  • I would like for ADP to add functionality that will allow me to add pre-configured and ad-hoc notes and reminders to an employee's record.
  • We enjoy using the ADP portal as our company intranet. Would like to the ability to have effective dates on those posts.
Workforce Now is a great solution for companies of all sizes. It's highly configurable so it can be many things to many people. It's not the least expensive HR/payroll system, but I feel it's worth it.
Read Scott Smith's full review
Amanda Bishop profile photo
November 04, 2019

ADP Workforce Now Review

We use ADP Workforce Now from recruiting to payroll to timekeeping. ADP is our lifeline within the HR and Payroll departments. We also utilize the document cloud and store all of our employee documents there. This helps us save space and filing time. We have employee self-service where the employee can update their address, name, benefits and more.
  • The mobile app is great for employees to access their payroll and time off information. Managers also like it for timekeeping.
  • The ADP Pro days they offer around the country are great. I love meeting the Pros for the different sectors of ADP and having them help me get to the root of my problems.
  • I like that ADP can be customizable to what my organization needs.
  • It seems like when an update happens over the weekend there seems to be issues that following Monday/Tuesday.
  • Communication is key when the system is down. They do not send out emails and only post the information on "The Bridge" which is like a social media site. So you have to go searching to see if ADP is down or if it just your computer.
  • Sometimes changes happen before communication is sent out so it would be nice to know ahead of time before an employee or co-worker finds it first and asks me about it.
In regards to healthcare, and what we utilize ADP for it definitely serves its purpose. It is just like any other system it definitely has its flaws but overall the good outweighs the bad. I would recommend others to get ADP and see what all it has to offer them.
Read Amanda Bishop's full review
Teresa Moats profile photo
Workforce Now is being used throughout the whole organization. We are trying to make our workload smarter and not harder.
Some of the issues I run across is that some team members are hesitant to use it based on past experience with other companies that used ADP. I walk and talk to them and help them embrace what we use in ADP to make their work easier. It is nice to be able to reach out to our service rep or even customer service when I have a problem with a module or even a field that is being stubborn.
There have been times with the Recruitment module that make it challenging to use. I've asked for ADP's help, but I haven't gotten any follow-up as yet. We've had so many people with their "hands" on it that I cannot get it to work correctly, which has an impact on updating E I-9 and Exemption status with the states. The end around is to do an import. This is not always an option to do with time constraints.
  • Keep systems up to date of Federal and State and Local governments.
  • There's very very little unscheduled system downtime. The system is dependable no matter where you are in the world. Being able to remote into your companies' system is great.
  • The people are great to work with. They understand the products and what they cannot answer. They find someone in ADP who can.
  • Employees' personal records move with them so they are able to retrieve pay stubs, dates of employment, etc when they need it.
  • Showing direct deposit number on the pay register to verify if the direct deposit account is correct. Especially when a team member changes accounts.
  • Expand the Organizational chart. Create a report or pdf document that will let you see all the people in an org chart, each department, etc. Not just who reports to you.
It works pretty well for Benefits and Payroll and Human Resources.
Read Teresa Moats's full review
Kerri Fama profile photo
We use ADP as our HRIS system. Employees on all levels access ADP using their self service option. It is here where our employees can update their personal information, tax withholdings, direct deposit, view pay statements etc. We use ADP Workforce Now as our full lifecycle HR system, from recruiting and onboarding to everyday time keeping and payroll, to termination. It is our one stop shop for everything employee related.
  • Always up to date in regards to compliance in order to ensure that our payroll is processed correctly, taxes are done correctly, and benefits are correct.
  • Fully integrated so that you can have full lifecycle HR in ONE system.
  • Excellent customer service!
  • Would love to have a robust training program that can be used for employee training on multiple topics.
Being a team of 2 in HR and payroll, we feel that ADP has exceeded our expectations in making our job easier. Everything is in one place and with Employee Self Service. We are able to put some of the burdensome tasks back on to the employee to handle themselves freeing up more time for us in HR.
Read Kerri Fama's full review
Karen DeRose profile photo
We currently use ADP Workforce Now for many different things. We use the time and attendance Essential Time for our associates to enter their time to be paid. We do our annual benefits open enrollment online through ADP. We process payroll for about 350 associates on a bi-weekly basis under 2 different FEINs. Our associates can go in at anytime and get copies of their pay stubs or W-2s as needed.
  • Our associates can go in at anytime and get copies of their pay stubs or W-2s as needed without having to wait for someone to get it for them.
  • Our associates can do their annual open enrollment online or thru the mobile app.
  • I would like to have more time with the professional report writers to customize more reports for our usage.
  • I would like to see shared reports with other companies so we don't have to keep reinventing the wheel.
Having the ability for associates to print out pay stubs or W-2s at any time is wonderful no more waiting for someone in the payroll department to get copies sent out. Having the ability to enter time via mobile solutions is a great help and makes it much easier for our associates to clock in and out.
Read Karen DeRose's full review
Matthew Bernstein profile photo
September 23, 2019

ADP WorkForce Now

ADP Workforce Now is without a doubt the most efficient HR and payroll system that I have used throughout the duration of my career. It is a seamless integration of both systems and allows employees to monitor all things related to and involving the human resources side of the business.
  • The ability to see which benefits programs you are signed up for.
  • The ability to track PTO and assess the rate at which PTO is accrued.
  • It is nice to be able to communicate directly with the HR staff on the platform.
  • It is a little difficult to pull reports.
  • If you switch off the tab, it will sometimes log you out of your session.
  • The interface could be a little bit cleaner, as well as the search function (more readily search within an existing folder).
ADP Workforce Now is best suited to be used in conjunction with existing HR systems, or even to replace an existing HR system. By integrating all things HR and payroll, ADP Workforce Now has efficiently changed and sped up the process through which monitoring PTO, benefits and payroll occurs.
Read Matthew Bernstein's full review
Laura Robledo profile photo
May 27, 2019

ADP stop changing

We use ADP to process our payroll and use the HR functions as well as the performance review services. In theory, ADP has all the things we need to accomplish what we need to do, however, the constant reconfiguration of the systems is very irritating. To just get started with ADP requires a lot of training and class time to learn the system, but with the constant upgrades, it is hard to keep up with the changes as they are usually major changes. Why so many upgrades? It is working and you do a change and other things are affected. I feel changes are not thoroughly being tested before they go live and other things that we count on are changing. In other words, it creates other issues. Fix the little things that need fixing and leave the system alone. We don't need a different look every quarter. It makes it hard for the user and when we call to get help, we are actually learning together because your reps cannot keep up with the changes either. It is harmful to our system and makes us just crazy. Your customer service is getting better as I finally have a rep that knows the system or will do whatever she needs to do to get the answer. It does take time though and sometimes we have no time. I was against ADP from the beginning as service was my biggest issue with ADP. But now it is the constant changes, and how it affects other parts of the system, like the manual check processing that was compromised with the last update. We could not do a manual termination check and had to hand type a check due to this problem created by your upgrade. This caused other issues when putting the information in the system the next payroll. Just one example of issues created. Again too many upgrades that change too much.
  • Processing payroll is a strength.
  • Reports for processing and quarterly reports are done timely and correctly.
  • Service is getting better. I still find I can get to my rep and usually have to deal with someone else.
  • Payroll processors do not want to relearn payroll processing over and over and we are having to do that due to too many upgrades.
  • Competition with other vendors seems to be driving these upgrades and it is a great product but you need to make sure everything works properly and stop reinventing the wheel.
The layout of ADP is working fine. It is working fine, we don't understand why so many upgrades.
Read Laura Robledo's full review
Calvin Mason profile photo
September 17, 2019

Good system

ADP is being used to track the staffing of the employees within sports and entertainment sectors of the organization. The system let’s us know what department and titles of everyone involved in the organization. The system also allows the Human Resources depart to track attendance and work locations of team members.
  • Proficiency
  • Extremely detailed but time consuming
  • Some screens should not be there
The program is good for tracking employees attendance. It helps when it come to disciplinary issues when engaging performance with employees and it allows us to see which employees are flexible to work in various locations with the venue and with other locations that the company has contracts with. The system is very useful in that way.
Read Calvin Mason's full review
Jessi Keller profile photo
We use ADP Workforce Now for HR, Payroll, Time and Attendance, Benefits and Employee Self Service. While the basic functions are tolerable, for a high-level user it feels like a step back. There are a lot of limitations to the functionality and a lot of room for improvement to simplify, streamline and eliminate bulky work.
  • Looks nice for employees
  • The steps and training available on each page
  • Availability of the dedicated account rep
  • Streamlining of processes
  • More in depth training for advance users
  • Integrate Reports to and T&A supervisor option
  • Include YTD totals on payroll register
  • Better training and instructions on GL file set up and creation.
It is fine for smaller companies that have time to do a lot of manual processes and triple checking.
Read Jessi Keller's full review
Kristen Reuter profile photo
July 30, 2019

Got ADP? Good!

We are using it across the whole organization. From on-boarding, payroll, HR, and terminations. We use the benefit's module, payroll, HR and will be getting ready to activate the full onboarding, performance management, and compensation modules. Currently, we have about 400 employees in about 20 states and having ADP do our payroll, time & attendance, full taxes and more is a great help when your HR Team consists of 3 people and only 2 are active users on a daily basis.
  • Benefits enrollment is a breeze with ADP as long as you know exactly what you're wanting. I feel that setting up EDI Feeds "Carrier Connections" is the smartest piece of service that ADP can provide because knowing that I don't have to go to multiple websites for new hires is a relief!
  • Payroll of course! Where would I be without ADP for Payroll? I've worked for companies that used other products and quite honestly, I couldn't handle the confusion with everyday things. With ADP for Payroll, clicking is all I need to do!
  • Time and attendance are so helpful! We have Essential Time and the features are great as long as they are setup correctly. I do think that some employers don't give ADP enough credit when it comes to set-up. Implementation is a nightmare for anyone, but ADP tries to think ahead and do as much as they can for you!
  • Time off policies can be a bit clunky when you're trying to create specific rules. I know limiting features help to narrow down things, but some companies have older time off policies that they have to adhere to.
  • Tracking EEO data is a bit tough because it's hidden in the Statutory Compliance section. You really have to go looking for it.
  • Reporting can be a pain because there are some functions that aren't available to practitioners and you have to get your rep involved.
  • Time and attendance team. - I've been on the phone with my Rep and a TA Rep and our PM had us hang up because the guy just couldn't understand what we wanted and was giving us false information just to get us off the phone.
I feel that ADP Workforce Now is great for larger companies (at minimum 100 EE's), especially if you have their full-service modules. The cost is a lot upfront but the hassles, later on, don't really exist as long as your Payroll Account Manager walks you through everything. You also have to be open-minded because ADP is large scale and they do like to simplify things so if your company has old archaic policies, then ADP's innovation may not be right for you.
Read Kristen Reuter's full review
Alexandra Rosa, HRSC profile photo
November 20, 2019

ADP is Working for me

I used ADP Workforce Now in my previous company. It was used company-wide once we rolled out self-service. Employees were able to see their pay stubs, change their personal information, and managers were able to conduct performance reviews in it.
  • Employees and Manager self-service are great in eliminating human error when entering employees' information by the HR staff.
  • ADP Workflows are great to eliminate tons of papers in the HR office, and it works smoothly.
  • Customer service is great and very fast.
  • They are actually reading the feedback and making changes in the next releases.
  • The only thing that will need a little more work will be the onboarding process, but I'm not sure if that's improved.
It is very very user-friendly, even for employees that are not used to computers.
Read Alexandra Rosa, HRSC's full review
Alli Furtado profile photo
After outgrowing ADP RUN, WorkForce Now was the next logical step. I appreciated how the ADP implementation team worked side-by-side with us and made the transition easy and generally stress-free. WFN is used across our organization and has given us a central portal for recruitment (plus eliminated paper applications!), performance reviews, and benefits management.
  • Integrating time and attendance and exporting to payroll.
  • Benefits management.
  • Performance management.
  • Scheduling - designed for recurring schedules (e.g. 8-3, MWF), not shifts.
  • Training & certification management - cannot upload certificates and no alert mechanism.
ADP Workforce Now is a centralized portal with seamless payroll integration between time, attendance, and time-off. It's been so helpful that we can export the GL and upload it directly to Abila MIP rather than spend hours manually keying a spreadsheet for hours/overtime/taxes/benefits. It also gives employees the ability to view & update their profiles, benefits, and pay, and managers can review performance and set schedules.
Read Alli Furtado's full review
Colleen Brewer, SPHR profile photo
We use ADP across our entire organization. It has allowed us to use employee self-service for benefit enrollment, employee changes, performance evaluations, and much more. We have employees across the country and this allows them to keep their information updated and decrease errors.
  • Employee Self Service - This allows our employees to make their own changes. ADP is always updating the mobile ability of WFN so our employees are able to make the changes from anywhere.
  • Dedicated Payroll and Benefits Team - ADP provides us with a dedicated person for both Payroll and Benefits issues.
  • Continuous Updating of WFN - ADP is always asking for feedback to make the system better.
  • FMLA/LOA/ADA tracking - They do not offer a feature that helps with Leave Management.
  • ACA hours Tracking - We have many part-time employees that do not work every pay period. The ACA module creates an error because the employee missed a payroll instead of just using the total number of hours worked and the number of weeks that have pasted in the measurement period.
  • FMLA and ACA tracking - Considering intermittent FMLA hours are not tracked in the system the ACA module doesn't calculate our employees that were on FMLA correctly.
It has been great that ADP Workforce Now has been able to grow with us. When we started with ADP we had 500 employees, and we now have 1,600. I know that some industries use different HRIS systems. We are in retail and it has worked well for us.
Read Colleen Brewer, SPHR's full review
Staci Brown profile photo
We currently use ADP Workforce Now for payroll, time, and attendance. We are in the process of implementing the benefits module. Our entire organization uses it. It addresses several problems for our company. The system is very user-friendly and it's easy to create reports that are useful for everyone. From a payroll manager stand-point, it helps keep our company in compliance with our taxes and payments to employees.
  • Plain and simple, it does payroll well. You don't have to create a ton of workarounds or double-checks to make sure your payroll is accurate and fits your company needs.
  • It's a great one-stop-shop. If ADP doesn't have a module for it, 90% of the time there's an integration that works with it.
  • While they do help keep us in compliance, I find that if I get a tax notice, I have to continuously follow up (almost to the point of being escalating to someone else) with the tax department to make sure they resolve things timely.
ADP is well suited for multiple types of businesses with various numbers of employees. The only thing that could use work, or may not be as well suited is the international side of ADP.
Read Staci Brown's full review
Denise Mangano profile photo
Office staff currently uses Time and Attendance. We hope to eventually have all employees on the time and attendance system with ADP as well as have all employees given access. At this time, we are trying to figure out the best and most efficient way to have our technicians and commercial drivers get on board.
We find that the electronic timekeeping system helps reduce errors (not having to manually enter hours worked in a pay data batch). Payroll handling and processing are handled with HR. There are a lot of areas I can't wait to explore, set up and manage using ADP. I just wish I had more sets of hands and more time!
  • Easy web access.
  • User friendly screens,
  • Customer service availability.
  • Allowing companies to purchase one on one client to ADP handling. I would like a dedicated representative without having to buy up on the platform.
  • Quicker response time when sending an email to the customer service department.
  • Easy access to manuals to print out.
Some support staff are more knowledgeable than others. When having an issue, it would be nice to work with the same ADP representative from start to finish.
Read Denise Mangano's full review
Christina Pasquarelli profile photo
ADP Workforce Now is used throughout our Direct Holdings office in VA for payroll, benefits administration for enrollment and pay deductions, recruitment tracking for document tracking, and personnel records for document retention. In addition, our parent company has decided to have all of their subsidiary companies integrate into this system. As the system is integrated throughout multiple locations, we hope to be able to add Self Service ability and more options under the Recruitment and Talent section to help with the automation of these items.
  • Customer service support is excellent and responsive to the needs of the user with friendly and knowledgeable staff.
  • Many training tools and webinars offered to keep HR and Payroll professionals up to date on ADP Workforce Now systems and changing issues.
  • Easy to use menus for identifying processes and where information needs to be entered.
  • The template walkthrough procedures for terminations and quick hires makes it effortless to hit all of the proper areas for notations.
  • An ability to upload forms and communicate with staff via the homepage with announcements, schedules, links to quick resources, and more make it easy for employees and human resources staff.
  • Sometimes the change in the look and area of items is confusing to identify the new way to access menus.
  • The benefits administration needs more work to make it easier to load 401k plans or dollar increment options for life insurance deductions.
  • The recruitment module should be a basic item as part of the initial package with access to current employee performance evaluations, posting jobs, and receiving applicant information. Currently, almost all pieces of this module are seen and training is available but if your company doesn't have it, the training becomes a teaser instead of helpful.
The level of customer service when calling into the support line for tax questions, product setup, or to fix an entry is invaluable because it takes minutes as opposed to hours. The ease of use for the ADP products overall makes it beneficial to someone who has not worked on a payroll system previously.
Read Christina Pasquarelli's full review
Roberta Senecal profile photo

ADP Workforce Now is our payroll and HR system of record. While all employees are able to view their Pay Statements and Benefit Enrollments through ADP WFN, we do not have Self Service. We do have 4 HR professionals who use ADP for all benefits and New Hire entry, and then there are 2 people in our Payroll Dept who enter all Employee Information, changes, batches etc.

Since we are an engineering and architectural firm, we do project-based accounting. Every week we import approx. 420 timesheets to populate a batch, which is how our employees are paid. From the President and CEO down to our entry-level interns, everyone is coded as hourly, so we depend on these imports from our accounting system of record, which is Deltek Vision.

• Importing data from our other system makes everyone's life so much easier. From rate changes to weekly hours and PTO hours.
  • Customer Support. I have a great account rep, who I can call with any type of problem or question and she always helps me resolve it.
  • Ease of use. Maybe because I have been using ADP for 20+ years, it all makes sense to me and even the changes are easy to follow due to great communication.
  • Communication about downtime. I wish there was an easier way to know when ADP is down and the estimated length of time it will be down so we can plan accordingly. Right now, I depend on the Bridge and hope that someone from ADP gives us good information. But usually, they update every two hours and say check again in a few hours. That doesn't help when you have to transmit a payroll.
  • Maybe not do an upgrade every month. Things tend to get a bit messed up when they upgrade.
I think ADP is the complete package and the Gold Star Standard of payroll systems. I am sure it is hard to implement, as is any other system. I would be honest about some of the difficulties we have had over the years, but overall I think the system is great. I would let them know it is a very robust system and that they should take the time to be trained properly at implementation to use all the features that they can. On the downside, I do miss the face to face classroom training. I learn better in person when I am not distracted by everything going on in my office. I wish my assistant had the luxury of a classroom course.
Read Roberta Senecal's full review
Stephanie Milazzo profile photo
July 23, 2019

ADP in a Nutshell

We currently use ADP Workforce Now as our one-stop-shop for Payroll, HR/benefits, and time & attendance. We originally started out on version 2 in 2011, and have since upgraded. We also had 7 company codes and were able to consolidate that into 2 codes. Both the consolidation and upgrade process was a bit painful. Signing-on with ADP with our current software is definitely way easier than being a longtime client and moving up. The best thing about the new system is our dedicated Payroll, R, and Time & Attendance team. I don't know what we would have done without them.
  • Dedicated Representatives for HR, Payroll, and Time. Having someone who knows your account and has built a rapport is priceless.
  • Keeping current on software trends. They put out updates pretty regularly.
  • There is strength in numbers. They are one of the largest payroll companies, and with that comes unlimited funding for upgrades and improvements.
  • Because they are so large, they lose that personalized factor. They started to resolve this with dedicated reps, but to the company as a whole, you are just a number.
  • The billing situation needs to be improved. I have a hard time understanding my bill and have no idea who I'd even speak with.
  • They do tend to update the system a little too often. Just when I am getting used to the way something looks/works, I have to learn something new.
ADP is well suited for larger companies who want to have a singular system to track HR, payroll, time, hiring, benefits, etc. ADP works at its best when you utilize all of what they have to offer. With that said, ADP is very costly, hence why it works better for larger corporations. If you utilize all of their products, it tends to get very expensive.
In the same vein, if you are a small business, then ADP may not be right for you. It is very expensive and there is a bit of a hassle when it comes to implementation. If you lack a larger HR team, then it will take all of your time to get it up and running.
Read Stephanie Milazzo's full review
Maria Green profile photo
Our Finance Department uses ADP Workforce Now to process biweekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees. Human Resources uses ADP Workforce Now in the recruitment, onboarding, benefits, ACA, and performance modules. We also worked with DocuFree to transition our paper HR files to the online Documents folders.
Employees are able to change their personal information and taxes, as well as complete benefits plan enrollment (year-round status changes, new hire, and annual open enrollment). Employees can check their information and request time using the ADP App.
  • The Open Enrollment system and the set-up support we receive annually is amazing.
  • The new enhancements to the Performance module will allow us to complete performance improvement plans and routine disciplinary actions electronically.
  • The Recruitment module with the Indeed integration helps us to efficiently recruit staff.
  • The Bridge is a useful tool for obtaining feedback from other employers.
  • ADP Learn provides useful training on the different modules.
  • ADP's customer service line staff are very responsive to our questions and help us resolve our issues.
  • If the report you need isn't available, the reporting team will build a custom report for you.
  • The implementation team support met or exceeded my expectations for our recruitment, onboarding, open enrollment, and performance management integrations.
  • The offer letters (Recruitment) are hard to edit.
  • The Recruitment module should allow automation through the entire process. Managers can view resumes, but cannot view or move candidates through the entire process with the click of a key.
  • The turnover report does not seem to work.
  • Employees should be able to complete open enrollment selections on the ADP app.
I cannot think of any scenarios where ADP Workforce Now is less appropriate. I work for a non-profit with less than 500 employees, and ADP is perfect for this environment.
Read Maria Green's full review
Aimee Jenkins profile photo
July 23, 2019

Highly satisfied!

Our organization uses the following ADP Workforce Now features: Recruitment, Payroll, Time & Attendance, HR, Performance & Compensation, Benefits, Tax Compliance, and ACA Reporting. We offer employee self-service (ESS) for certain personnel changes, tax profile updates, benefits enrollment/open enrollment, pay statements and annual statements. Supervisors have manager access to review and approve timecards and time off requests for their direct reports. ADP Workforce Now allows us to have a streamlined and efficient workflow between HR, payroll, and managers, thereby supporting our goal to provide excellent service to all employees.
  • Custom Reports - with custom reports, you can create your own calculated fields, custom templates, ad hoc, etc. ADP Workforce Now Custom Reports tool is comprehensive and user-friendly. Additionally, ADP has live support to assist you along the way with questions, complex reports, or if you would just like guidance with creating a report from scratch - they are always happy to help!
  • Real-Time Payroll Preview - Check the progress of your payroll input with the "Preview Payroll" feature. View preview reports at any point in the payroll cycle and continue to input and make edits as needed until you are ready to transmit your files to ADP.
  • Concurrent Payroll Input - The ability to set-up and enter data for an additional payroll run while working on your regular payroll cycle is a great new feature within ADP Workforce Now. Great time saver!
  • ADP QuickCalc (for calculating manual checks) is missing the functionality for "Memo Codes". Memo codes allow you to post earnings (i.e. 401k match, HSA employer match info) to pay statements. Although, memo codes can be added once the calculation is saved as a manual check, this is actually a flaw in the feature because some amounts that are entered as memo codes are set-up as taxable on the back-end. Since the tax calculation does not occur on the manual check side, the system will recalculate the tax once payroll is processed. Ultimately, the employee ends up owing that tax amount back to the employer. In our organization, when manual checks are processed, it is typically a final check so by the time the tax recalculation report is generated, the employee is long gone and we are unable to recoup the monies. This could easily be resolved if ADP would add the Memo Code field to Quick Calc.
ADP Workforce Now is well suited for medium-sized to large enterprises. I've heard feedback from colleagues at other organizations, and also within my professional network, that ADP Workforce Now is probably not the best fit for small businesses.
Read Aimee Jenkins's full review

Employee demographic data (254)
Employment history (262)
Job profiles and administration (244)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (244)
Organizational charting (163)
Organization and location management (190)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (183)
Pay calculation (289)
Support for external payroll vendors (98)
Benefit plan administration (232)
Direct deposit files (288)
Salary revision and increment management (215)
Reimbursement management (117)
Approval workflow (198)
Balance details (217)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (178)
View and generate pay and benefit information (271)
Update personal information (260)
View company policy documentation (218)
Employee recognition (104)
View job history (32)
Tracking of all physical assets (12)
6.0
Report builder (258)
Pre-built reports (254)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (157)
New hire portal (21)
6.1
Manager tracking tools (14)
4.8
Corporate goal setting (60)
Individual goal setting (81)
Line-of sight-visibility (64)
Performance tracking (73)
Performance plans (97)
Performance improvement plans (86)
Review status tracking (101)
Review reminders (107)
Multiple review frequency (88)
Create succession plans/pools (6)
5.8
Candidate ranking (6)
5.8
Candidate search (7)
6.3
Candidate development (6)
6.2
Job Requisition Management (84)
Company Website Posting (85)
Publish to Social Media (67)
Job Search Site Posting (75)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (8)
2.3
Applicant Tracking (84)
Notifications and Alerts (97)

About ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now is an easy-to-use human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.

Built on a single database, the fully integrated ADP Workforce Now suite includes Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, Time & Labor Management and HR Analytics capabilities. From payroll to proactive compliance to managing employees across borders, the vendor says the goal of ADP Workforce Now is to free users from administrative tasks so they can focus on their people and their business. Workforce Now integrates simply and securely with other business applications through APIs and the ADP Marketplace. Users can add more functionality as their business grows.

The vendor's value proposition is that users can save time and money through:

• Fewer employee questions – easy self-service tools like the WFN top-rated mobile app provide access to pay info, timecards and more.
  • Less data entry – updates sync automatically to payroll, benefits and other systems.
  • Competitive pricing – options designed to meet users' specific needs.

The vendor also says users can gain peace of mind due to:

• Expertise – vendor has over 65 years of experience, and is used across industries.
  • Automated alerts – to help prevent costly errors.
  • Compliance – over 2,500 specialists actively monitor regulatory changes and focus on users' compliance needs.

ADP Workforce Now Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle checks
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Does not have featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Does not have featureTracking of all physical assets
Does not have featureAsset issue and transfer management
Does not have featureAsset return
Does not have featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featurePerformance plans
Has featurePerformance improvement plans
Has featureReview status tracking
Has featureReview reminders
Has featureMultiple review frequency
Succession Planning Features
Does not have featureCreate succession plans/pools
Does not have featureCandidate ranking
Does not have featureCandidate search
Does not have featureCandidate development
Onboarding Features
Does not have featureNew hire portal
Does not have featureManager tracking tools
Performance and Goals Features
Has featureBenefits: Open Enrollment
Has featureMobile Application for Employee Self-Service

ADP Workforce Now Screenshots

ADP Workforce Now Integrations

Oracle HCM Cloud, Concur Travel and Expense, Sage Intacct, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, 100+ integrations via marketplace.adp.com and APIs

ADP Workforce Now Competitors

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required

Please contact ADP for a product demo and ask about a hands-on "test drive" of Workforce Now.

ADP Workforce Now Customer Size Distribution