ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Samuel Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP Workforce Now for Time and Attendance, Time Off and Payroll across the whole organization. It helps to track time-cards and hours for hourly and salary employees. It helps to track time off requests and approval for hourly and salary employees and it helps to make sure every employee gets paid on time the correct amounts. It also helps to make sure the Federal, State, County, Municipal and local fillings are up to date and accurate.
  • User Friendly, lots of video tutorials and online training.
  • Centralized web based application, can be used from anywhere.
  • WORST Customer Service Ever. Great Product but sometimes useless when the support is non-existent, or doesn't know what needs to be done.
  • Hit and miss with the Implementation Specialist for different Modules.
I can't think of a less appropriate scenario, it is just their customer service is as bad as you can get. They have 2 call centers, one Stateside and one in the Philippines. Usually the Stateside is resourceful and you can resolve the issue in the same call, but if your call gets routed to the Philippines normally you know more than the person on the other side of the line and they place you on hold several times during the call to review procedures and processes, some of those that you have already told them on the same call.

But the worst I have experienced so far is the lack of continuity on the sales or account executives. It can be frustrating to start a process with one account or major accounts representative and have that person move to a new roll within the same organization and there is no follow up from them or from their department, leaving you out in the cold. It is equally frustrating to start an implementation process with them and after a year has passed still have issues and the implementation specialist is nowhere to be found. Great System But Worst Customer Service.
Read Samuel Rodriguez's full review
Krystal Hicks | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP Workforce Now throughout the entire company for our payroll and time keeping needs. Initially we wanted a system to help with the 1095c forms and our W2's but have since incorporated the time keeping system as well. We also use it as our intranet to post current and important information for our employees.
  • The finger punch system for time keeping is very easy to use.
  • Paperless information is easier for employees to access.
  • The reports ADP provides have a lot to be desired. Very hard to use and manipulate.
  • Recovering previous year's information is very difficult.
ADP Workforce Now is great for large or small businesses. We are able to keep up with time cards very easily through the app and the online system. With over 300 employees, ADP has cut down paperwork for the HR/Payroll department by half. Most of the information employees need is available in one of the many sections of ADP. It also made open enrollment paperless and much easier to track.
Read Krystal Hicks's full review
Pamela Downey | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Workforce Now is utilized by our whole company. We use it as our employees' Intranet as well as for HR and payroll services. It is imperative that a company give its employees accurate information and timely access in a professionally driven manner. ADP is and has been our choice for over 16 years.
  • Cloud-Based Storage and Software is a definite WIN for us!
  • Payroll and filing taxes has become so much easier over the years, especially with the changing local taxes!!!
  • I would like the employee' individual pages to open up to their basic information and then allow me to move around. I like quick access to SSN, DOB, hire date, etc. all in one place so that I can answer questions quickly.
  • I would love to have access to more modules in the Essential Package without all of the excess fees. We are a small company and it would be great to have even limited access to performance management and recruiting manager.
The employee document management is super and has allowed my whole department to go paperless. Love the cloud!
Read Pamela Downey's full review
Todd Seder | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using ADP Workforce Now for Human Resources and Payroll purposes. There are 2 primary groups that utilize ADP Workforce Now- Human Resources, who use it for processing new hires, terminations, employees changes, and benefits as well as Payroll, where I use it for processing day-to-day transactions, loading hours from E-Time into ADP, and to transmit payroll on a bi-weekly basis. Workforce Now assists our department with being able to create reports, locating prior years W-2's and other year-end reports, and to see pretty much anything about our current or past employees.
  • They have a wide variety of standard reports that are used by our company.
  • The speed of loading hours from E-Time to ADP Workforce Now have greatly increased, making my processing go a lot smoother.
  • Even though the speed of which loading hours from E-Time to ADP has increased, the time it takes to export information then load it onto E-Time is still pretty lengthy. Still hoping that one day that process gets a fix.
  • Our Human Resources Dept have had issues with carrier connections during our open enrollment whereby some employees had an incorrect benefit deduction and we had to make adjustments. This issue had been going on for at least 6 months and I'm not sure if it has been corrected yet.
For our company, which has about 500 employees, it is well-suited. ADP takes care of our tax filings and W-2s. The system is easy to navigate and their reports are helpful, as well as their support. With the issues we have had with carrier connections, sometimes I am not sure it is equipped to being able to maintain benefits for employees appropriately.
Read Todd Seder's full review
Rosa Cantrell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize ADP Workforce Now across our organization. It helps us to streamline our onboarding process, employee data, recruiting & payroll. It's nice that everything flows across seamlessly between WFN and Payroll. It alleviates the need of a lot of paper documents for us and has also been helpful in communicating with our staff who are out in the field.
  • The flow of data from Workforce Now to Payroll - one system saves me a lot of time
  • The ability to add apps like the Org Chart - we no longer have the responsibility of updating an org chart manually
  • Wish I could view and save an electronically signed offer letter
  • It would be very helpful and save me time if when we hire a candidate in the recruiting system, that their resume, application, background screening, offer letter, signed background consent would flow over to Workforce Now in the Employee Documents. Right now I have to save all of the individual documents and then upload them to their employee file manually
I have used a couple of other payroll and HRIS systems and ADP Workforce Now is by far the most advanced and has the best customer support. There is always room for improvement and it is not perfect, however, it is reliable and efficient.
Read Rosa Cantrell's full review
Jaye Malarik | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2020

ADP Workforce Now Rocks

ADP Workforce Now is being used by the entire company and we are about to implement time and attendance. It has automated HR in terms of setting up new hires and enabled us to get reports for various departments. My only slight complaint is that sometimes designing reports is difficult. ADP, however, is getting more user-friendly as time goes by.
  • All employee information is easy to find through profiles (Pay Profile)
  • Pay summaries in the profile are easy to get
  • Report designing could be made more user friendly
  • Pay summaries could show which departments the hours on the summaries are related to
Overall, WFN is an excellent pay system which can be configured to suit most companies' needs. Using the tax filing system saves our in house Payroll Department many, many hours.
Read Jaye Malarik's full review
Lanita Palermo | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Workforce Now is used throughout our whole organization. Each department head has access to WFN to approve timecards, approve time-off requests, print pay statements, W2's, etc. Each employee can punch in and out via the mobile app, view their timecard, request time off, and print their pay statements and W2s. Since the department heads and employees have access to do these things on their own, I can focus more time of my other responsibilities.
  • ADP's Client Services division is dedicated to helping us! I have called them numerous times and every time they have an answer to my question, basically saving the day!
  • The WFN Reporting feature is amazing! It's so robust! There are a bunch of reports already created that you can choose from to fit your needs. You can also create a custom report, which is simple. If you need assistance, you can call Client Services and one of the awesome reps can help!
  • We have a handful of employees who earn a salary and an hourly rate for other duties. This has to be done as a manual entry because the hourly rate overrides the salary. It would be nice to have an hourly rate on the timecard and the salary still remain intact.
  • We have an Employee Referral Program and we track it through WFN. There is an area on the Employment Profile to record the hiring source. It would be nice to have a field that populates when Employee Referral is selected to input the name of the employee who referred to the new hire.
ADP Workforce Now is well suited for small and large organizations. I can manage payroll, employee information, training, onboarding documents, and I-9's all on one platform. I can process a new hire, scan all of the documents into their profile, assign a pay card if they do not have direct deposit, print an employee's W2, download state and federal 941 forms for an audit, and all of this can be done on one platform. It's truly the best!
Read Lanita Palermo's full review
Lanita Palermo | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 07, 2019

Makes my life easier!

ADP Workforce Now is being used throughout our park district. All of our staff have access to Workforce Now via desktop and/or mobile app. Recently, ADP helped us go paperless with our payroll! They worked closely with me on communication with our employees on what they needed to do prior to going paperless and they helped me get employees signed up with ADP Wisely Pay card. This is very exciting for us!
  • ADP is fantastic about communicating to the administrators of any updates and/or changes that will occur to the system.
  • They offer free webinars to their customers.
  • Client Support is just amazing! They are so helpful and always have the answers.
  • The reporting features are one of the reasons I love Workforce Now.
  • We provide a referral bonus to employees who refer someone to work for us. In the Employment Profile, on the Employment tile, I would like to see a field to enter in the employee's name who referred them.
I've used ADP products with my current and previous employers. My previous employer had 1,000+ employees and my current employer has 100+ employees. ADP Workforce Now is well suited for anyone looking to streamline their HR and Payroll functions into a one-stop-shop product. It's easy to hire, calculate vacation time, and run reports for year end retirement contributions and Department of Labor statistics.
Read Lanita Palermo's full review
Danielle White | TrustRadius Reviewer
US LBM Holdings, LLC uses ADP Workforce Now across our organization comprised of over 30 divisions and 250+ locations across the US. ADP Workforce Now provides timekeeping, payroll processing, and is our central electronic document repository for all personnel files.
  • Robust reporting capabilities.
  • Document archival for easy recall of past payroll/tax history.
  • More seamless integration between timekeeping and payroll processing modules.
  • Security settings with more flexibility by company code instead of global settings for a few items.
The mobile app lends the employee abilities to complete many tasks quickly and easily without reliance on a computer or HR assistance unless needed.
Read Danielle White's full review
Rachel Wilde, PHR, GBA, SHRM-CP | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using ADP WFN across our US business. We use it for payroll, time off, time and attendance, HRIS master record, recruitment and onboarding, and benefits. We have multiple FEIN numbers under our parent company and they are spread out across the US, so we need cloud access for each location, with locked-down access. We are publicly traded and it meets our SOC needs. Having all of our US population in one place for reporting and access purposes.
  • Master Record access for multiple FEINs under one parent company (the United States only).
  • Great resource within the ADP Bridge for talking to other professionals for advice.
  • Dedicated Account Managers (AM) are terrible - We have on many occasions been told incorrect information on how to do things or on why something "went wrong or why something within ADP broke". We question it and give reasons why it doesn't make sense, it turns out the reason we were given was incorrect after all. I have had to do my own research via the ADP Bridge and bring solutions to my AM or go around her to her supervisor to kick start a project. She has admitted that she "learns so much from us." They won't give us a new Dedicated Account Manager even though we've asked and been told we will get one. Anyone who is any good leaves.
  • Always "upgrading" ADP or doing system maintenance which then breaks ADP WFN and then they deny it is down and it will be down for hours on end - especially on payroll days.
ADP can be suited if you are a smaller company but mid to large-sized organizations can run into trouble.

If you have supervisors on second shift approving time cards
you may run into trouble approving timecards as they do system updates almost
once a month on Fridays at midnight which locks supervisors out from approving
timecards.

It has recently come to my attention by my Account Manager
that the ADP WFN system cannot truly handle multiple payrolls in one day under
a single master record database, so if you have to process multiple in one day
(example have multiple FEINs that process the same day) there could be
glitches. It doesn't always happen but they cannot ensure they will not happen.
Certain functionalities in the system can become corrupted and they do not have
checks and balances in place to prevent it or for you the user to know audit
for it until after it is too late. For example, we have a ride along with our time
and attendance batch that puts the timestamps on our paystubs and it can
glitch on us because we have several FEINs that process payroll on the same day
under our master record. We were never told about this until after. Be warned.
Read Rachel Wilde, PHR, GBA, SHRM-CP's full review
Stephanie Rigsby | TrustRadius Reviewer

The Chow on Workforce Now

It is used across the whole organization.

It addresses employee discrepancies and verifies their timecard balances. We also use it to verify vacation balances, enter benefits, and payroll. We use Workforce now to integrate with other 3rd party sources for the benefits that we currently offer to employees. If there have been discrepancies with integrations and enrollment dates we've utilized ADP to validate the correct enrollment dates to send to the 3rd party carrier so we can ensure that our employees have the coverage they opted for.

• Easily accessible.
  • User-friendly.
  • Providing more customs.
  • Offering more options with packages.

It was well suited for when we had to verify enrollment dates for an employee, according to the 3rd party carrier they did not receive the integration until after the open enrollment period. Once we discovered what the issue was we were able to go in and screenshot when the enrollment period began for the employee's benefits then send what documentation we had to ensure the employee remained covered.

Now, with that, we didn't understand why ADP had not sent over the integration until after January 1 as this had caused some employees to lose coverage and we had to back track to understanding what happened and why causing unnecessary additional work when the integration was supposed to be completed in mid-December.

Read Stephanie Rigsby's full review
Rosie Endsley | TrustRadius Reviewer

It's alright

We use Workforce Now to process payroll and employee file retention. Managers and supervisors in each department have certain access to their team's employee files. We use Enhanced Time and Attendance as our timekeeper which interfaces with Workforce Now during payroll processing.
  • User-friendly and easy to navigate.
  • The Bridge is a great resource.
  • Support teams are not responsive or do not understand issues.
  • Support teams are overworked and overloaded. They cannot meet customer needs.
I know that ADP offers way more that we are not using. I cannot talk the executives into buying these other products because of the lack of support we have already received. Their track record is affecting our future with ADP.
Read Rosie Endsley's full review
Lisa Heim | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 24, 2020

Review from a super-user!

We use ADP with multi-company codes for all of our payroll and HR needs. We use it to produce our weekly temp staffing and production reports.
  • Multi-level approval process for employee record changes.
  • Approvals for time-off requests.
  • When you switch employees between company codes.
  • Calculating state ordered medical & child support orders at the same time with low income. It does well on just child support but will not take the state ordered medical into account.
It works very well with the approval processes but works very, very poorly when switching employees between company codes. The 'another position' feature should ask to take you through a 'new hire' template of your choice. The standard fields in the 'another position' aren't the same fields that we have in our custom new hire template and thus we miss setting up fields when we have to switch employees between company codes. Also when you do this, the old employee position always stays as a 'terminated' employee on all reports and it messes with turn over numbers.
Read Lisa Heim's full review
Julia Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use WFN throughout the company. We currently use HR, Time & Attendance and Payroll. WFN coordinates across tasks and is very user-friendly for our retail staff. We are looking to upgrade to Recruiting and Onboarding to make hiring remote associates easier and protect the confidential information that would normally be processed on paper.
  • Access to information through a single sign-on.
  • User-friendly and limited training is needed for new hires.
  • Past year reporting on some items is limited due to the annual reset of accumulators.
  • In my opinion, some upgrades are not needed and the time could have been spent elsewhere - The appearance of the web-views for example. They were fine before.
I am constantly being contacted by other payroll companies who brag that they do better than ADP. I find that hard to believe but we have had some real issues with Compensation Management and Performance Management. This caused us to drop Compensation and my EVP of HR seems to have to rewrite the Performance Management piece every year. He is sourcing other companies for that.
Read Julia Davis's full review
Christopher Cooper | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Resource

We use ADP Workforce Now to process our bi-weekly payroll. We also use to track time off and time and attendance. It is only being used by one department, which is human resources who also processes the payroll. The biggest problem it addresses is saving time and energy. We have 150-200 employees all year round plus an additional 150+ who are seasonal for the summer. If we did not have an efficient payroll provider and a system like ADP WFN, it would be incredibly difficult to manage the time it would take to complete all. excess art tasks on our own.
  • Very user-friendly - So many different videos and help guides to learn when you don’t know how to do something.
  • Tons of reports - Even if there is not standard report for what you need, there is always a way to build one. The new grabber feature makes things so easy. And if you still need help you can call their reports department who are super helpful.
  • Some glitches that require a logout and log back in to repair. If I delete my time and attendance batch to make an adjustment to a time card and then reload it back into the batches, I always have to log out and log back in. If I don’t, the payroll cycle page will not load.
  • Certain steps cannot be completed by the user and require a call to ADP. If you want to set up a new earnings code (i.e. jury duty, snow day, etc), you have to call ADO for them to complete on the back end.
I think ADP is great all around. My only qualm relates to the batches. I would prefer a system that allowed you to see the entire payroll in on giant batch as opposed to having to create batches to make adjustments and previewing the payroll journal in order to verify all the salaries people and other non-batch changes like added deductions, taxes, etc.
Read Christopher Cooper's full review
Michelle Moore | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP, company-wide for our benefits, payroll and time keeping. It has helped us go paperless in benefits, file payroll taxes, as well as paperless onboarding.
  • Customer service.
  • Tax service.
  • The additional salaries do not work for commission employees - You cannot automatically calculate STD in benefits, additional pay does not run on reports, employees cannot see their salaries in ADP when you use additional pay and if you have additional pay for an hourly employee it does not automatically come over to payroll and you have to manually enter it, which is not beneficial for helping payroll to make it automated.
  • EEOC data in ADP is hard as well. It is one more field where you have to update another field. If this field is not updated then not one of the EEO reports will run. I liked the old way ADP use to run reports without having the field of the EEO location. Because of the change if you do not use this field you are unable to run any type of EEO reports in ADP.
ADP has been around for a while, and this gives them an advantage as far as customer service, however other companies have worked off of creating one system and not several that talk to each other like ADP. I wish that ADP could figure out a way to make it more user-friendly and you didn't have to enter data in 10 different places for one employee. It can cause a lot of time trying to upkeep in the system.
Read Michelle Moore's full review
Kristi Schneider | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP for our HRIS and payroll. Employees have access across the company.
  • Timecards.
  • When you go to upload a file into someone's Cloud file it would be nice to still see the person's name on the screen so you can double-check you are in the right person before you do the final upload.
  • Make it more obvious how to upload a file to the resources page.
ADP is easy to use for the most part and the customer service is pretty good. I do find, however, that often I have to call customer service 3 times for the same questions and then take the most popular answer as the right answer.
Read Kristi Schneider's full review
Jimmy Mangold | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP Workforce Now for Payroll, HRIS, Benefits, Recruiting, and Performance Management. Its primary function is to relieve some of the burdens on our HR Department by providing a one-stop-shop for all of our separate functions and reducing the need for multiple separate programs to accomplish the same tasks.
  • Benefit Enrollments - The fact that the employee can complete their enrollments and then have those feed to their benefits profile, once approved, and to have the deductions post to their payroll profile without manual data entry.
  • Automatic updates - Always being on the current version of the platform without a special upgrade.
  • Updates are not always thoroughly and will result in some features not working correctly after update.
  • Some of the customer service representatives do not understand that you know what you are doing, and will make you repeat the same trouble-shooting tips, multiple times, before they will work to resolve the issue.
I think the product is great once it is up and running, and if you have someone available that is either experienced with the product or can easily adapt to a new product on staff. However, the employees available are not always very knowledgeable and it can be difficult to resolve issues. I generally only need to speak to ADP if there is an issue that I just don't have the access to correct, and I do end up frustrated when the person that does, is not technically adept enough to handle my issue.
Read Jimmy Mangold's full review
Diadra Bendixen | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Workforce Now is our total HRIS solution. For my role, I specifically use it for recruiting and onboarding, but it's also used for general employee management, including timekeeping, payroll, and benefits. We've also found it a useful tool to stay connected with our staff, which is great because most of our employees work in different locations separate from our HQ.
  • Easily able to create and customize job postings to appeal to candidates.
  • Integrated background screening services making criminal history checks simple.
  • If you have an issue with the portal, you may have to call the support line a few times before you find someone who actually knows how to help.
  • The navigation menus can be confusing to employees, as some options seem "hidden" under multiple layers of categories.
This is a great system if you're looking for an all-in-one that will cover your basic payroll and HR needs. On top of the base system, you can add on additional options in the "a la carte" sense, so you can pay for the things you need, and not for the services you don't. For recruiting, it's been a breeze to use - being able to manage the whole of a candidate's hiring and onboarding in one place, while being able to collaborate with the hiring managers, has made my job much easier.
Read Diadra Bendixen's full review
Cristine Davis Taylor, SHRM-CP | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used by HR for HCM and Payroll to process payroll.
  • User-friendly.
  • Reporting.
  • Technical glitches often.
  • Quality of service for variety of issues.
The Benefits enrollment wizard itself is generally user-friendly, however, the setup from the admin side could use some work. The contingencies setup are limited, how you can't order the plan within the planned grouping, and how the plans under Plan Setup aren't alphabetized so you're constantly having to search through a long list whenever you go back to it. Also, when you make a change to a plan (i.e., terminate the plan) it takes a long while for the main Plan Setup page to update to that information, so it's confusing when trying to do a lot of work on the plans.

The reporting is nice, however when you have custom plans, and ADP changes a header or title of something, your report gets messed up. It seems like the dev. team spends a lot of time re-wording headers and categories, and not as much time implementing actual helpful things.

The effective dating could be a little better, also. For example, it would be nice to be able to see a history of reporting structure.
Read Cristine Davis Taylor, SHRM-CP's full review
Ann Wilkinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 23, 2020

Workforce Advancement

It is used across the whole organization for hiring, onboarding, time and attendance, and payroll. It has address the flow of paperwork and policies, time in and out and payroll streamlining.
  • Time and Attendance.
  • Paperwork Flow.
  • Creation of individualized company information is tedious to accomplish.
  • The reporting area is hard to understand and navigate for many managers.
When hiring new employees sometimes it is difficult to navigate for the employee and due to having to have certain information from the employee, the manager/administrator has to contact the employee numerous times to get the initial information to set up their employment profile and have the onboarding sent to them.
The time and attendance area of the system is well suited. It accomplishes what it is supposed to, but it would be better if less "people" had to handle the approval of time cards and payroll. It could be more streamlined by making it possible to review a team's time cards in a group and approve them if there are no concerns as a group; rather than having to go into each person's card individually.
Read Ann Wilkinson's full review
Clarice Hoover | TrustRadius Reviewer
Epworth Villa recently implemented ADP Workforce Now across the whole organization of approximately 250 employees. It replaced the outdated in-house system for timekeeping and payroll processing. It increased visibility for management to see staff trends and issues. Additionally, the self-service feature provides employees greater control and access to their time and payroll.
  • It provides excellent reporting tools. Standard reports are numerous and provide great analytic tools. I love having the ability to immediately build a report "on the fly" when you get those out of the ordinary requests.
  • Managers now have the ability to build schedules for their employees and track exceptions based on actual hours worked.
  • Our organization offers employees the opportunity to transition from full-time to part-time to PRN (as needed) which changes benefit eligibility. We are still trying to figure out a way to track these changes.
ADP Workforce Now is more suited for medium to large companies with 200+ employees. Reporting capabilities are extensive, giving supervisors and management tools to maximize efficiency. I have used other ADP products in the past and was not pleased with the level of customer service I received from ADP. However, I have seen a giant shift in that issue over the past 5 years. Thanks to the dedicated account manager model now used, you are more likely to get someone who has knowledge of your account rather than a random agent saving you time on the phone when there is a problem.
Read Clarice Hoover's full review
Leslie Burghart | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP Workforce Now for our payroll, timekeeping, benefits GL, taxes, garnishment/liens, and Affordable Care compliance.
  • Very versatile in implementing and accommodating to your company needs
  • Very easy to use
  • I haven't really had many issues that they couldn't resolve.
We pay our linehaul drivers by the mile. They also need an hourly pay setup to be able to pay them a straight rate for vacation, personal holidays, etc. We used another provider previously and this was not an easy process to enter in payroll each week. ADP simplified this process for entering each week and has saved my terminal managers time every week.
Read Leslie Burghart's full review
Colleen Carpenter | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP Workforce Now across our entire organization. It is our HRIS, and we use it to track Time and Attendance, Benefits, Performance, ACA Reporting, and Compensation.
  • You are able to make effective date changes, which makes it very easy to stay up on organization change.
  • It builds out benefit plans very well and makes the open enrollment process very easy.
  • Setting up states, localities, and unemployment accounts for clients
  • ADP nickel-and-dimes you on cost. It would be nice to have things added at no additional cost, especially if a client has been with ADP for a long period of time.
ADP Workforce Now is very user-friendly and has made great strides. ADP is always open to feedback and is always changing and improving. The one negative thing I would say is their analytics are sometimes not as accurate as we would hope. We seem to have to get them refreshed a lot. Payroll is very seamless and ADP makes it easy to process multiple company code payrolls at once.
Read Colleen Carpenter's full review
Rachel Davison | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Workforce Now is being used company-wide. ADP is solving many things! It helps to keep us compliant with better record keeping. As our Human Resources Information System, it houses important data that is easily accessible for HR, managers, and the employees themselves. It also is self-service, so no more paper forms for W-4 changes, address changes, direct deposits, etc.
  • Customizable - set up for your company's needs
  • Account Manager - someone allocated to your company and all its complexities
  • Performance evaluations have a lengthy process that gets a little confusing.
ADP Workforce Now is great for our company. We have a little fewer than 200 employees, so it's very easy to use and manage people with. The reporting features are great, though sometimes a little difficult to configure (could just be that I'm not very savvy with reporting). ADP is always making enhancements, which is good and bad. It's great that they are constantly aiming for improvement, but sometimes bad because changes tend to frustrate the employees and managers.
Read Rachel Davison's full review

Employee demographic data (520)
Employment history (526)
Job profiles and administration (498)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (511)
Organizational charting (347)
Organization and location management (393)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (370)
Pay calculation (565)
Support for external payroll vendors (202)
Benefit plan administration (462)
Direct deposit files (562)
Salary revision and increment management (434)
Reimbursement management (247)
Approval workflow (414)
Balance details (437)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (359)
View and generate pay and benefit information (550)
Update personal information (540)
View company policy documentation (437)
Employee recognition (186)
View job history (32)
Tracking of all physical assets (12)
6.0
Report builder (538)
Pre-built reports (535)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (302)
New hire portal (21)
6.1
Manager tracking tools (14)
4.8
Corporate goal setting (121)
Individual goal setting (156)
Line-of sight-visibility (126)
Performance tracking (149)
Performance plans (197)
Performance improvement plans (164)
Review status tracking (202)
Review reminders (206)
Multiple review frequency (171)
Create succession plans/pools (6)
5.8
Candidate ranking (6)
5.8
Candidate search (7)
6.3
Candidate development (6)
6.2
Job Requisition Management (189)
Company Website Posting (192)
Publish to Social Media (153)
Job Search Site Posting (167)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (8)
2.3
Applicant Tracking (192)
Notifications and Alerts (209)

About ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now is an easy-to-use human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.

Built on a single database, the fully integrated ADP Workforce Now suite includes Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, Time & Labor Management and HR Analytics capabilities. From payroll to proactive compliance to managing employees across borders, the vendor says the goal of ADP Workforce Now is to free users from administrative tasks so they can focus on their people and their business. Workforce Now integrates simply and securely with other business applications through APIs and the ADP Marketplace. Users can add more functionality as their business grows.

The vendor's value proposition is that users can save time and money through:

• Fewer employee questions – easy self-service tools like the WFN top-rated mobile app provide access to pay info, timecards and more.
  • Less data entry – updates sync automatically to payroll, benefits and other systems.
  • Competitive pricing – options designed to meet users' specific needs.

The vendor also says users can gain peace of mind due to:

• Expertise – vendor has over 65 years of experience, and is used across industries.
  • Automated alerts – to help prevent costly errors.
  • Compliance – over 2,500 specialists actively monitor regulatory changes and focus on users' compliance needs.

ADP Workforce Now Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle checks
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Does not have featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Does not have featureTracking of all physical assets
Does not have featureAsset issue and transfer management
Does not have featureAsset return
Does not have featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featurePerformance plans
Has featurePerformance improvement plans
Has featureReview status tracking
Has featureReview reminders
Has featureMultiple review frequency
Succession Planning Features
Does not have featureCreate succession plans/pools
Does not have featureCandidate ranking
Does not have featureCandidate search
Does not have featureCandidate development
Onboarding Features
Does not have featureNew hire portal
Does not have featureManager tracking tools
Performance and Goals Features
Has featureBenefits: Open Enrollment
Has featureMobile Application for Employee Self-Service

ADP Workforce Now Screenshots

ADP Workforce Now Integrations

Oracle HCM Cloud, Concur Travel and Expense, Sage Intacct, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, 100+ integrations via marketplace.adp.com and APIs

ADP Workforce Now Competitors

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
  • Entry-level set up fee?Required

Please contact ADP for a product demo and ask about a hands-on "test drive" of Workforce Now.

ADP Workforce Now Customer Size Distribution