Reviews (1-25 of 324)
- ADP is fantastic about communicating to the administrators of any updates and/or changes that will occur to the system.
- They offer free webinars to their customers.
- Client Support is just amazing! They are so helpful and always have the answers.
- The reporting features are one of the reasons I love Workforce Now.
- We provide a referral bonus to employees who refer someone to work for us. In the Employment Profile, on the Employment tile, I would like to see a field to enter in the employee's name who referred them.
- The timekeeping function allows us to keep an accurate track of our employees, even when working in a different location. We have the ability to allocate costs from one cost center to another from within the timecard making it easy to transfer costs. We have added schedules to track clocking discrepancies and also recently added an ADP partner for additional resources in dealing with an attendance policy.
- Payroll makes it easy to manage all aspects of pay from garnishments to bonuses. The tax service takes care of reporting all the taxes so we just need to make sure all the data in the system is correct.
- The implementation to ADP was very well managed and timed. They employ very good resources that will walk you through the entire process without any of the stresses usually associated with an implementation.
- The reporting function has gotten better although it could still be slightly improved. I would like to see an example of the reports along with the data included.
- They need a better system to track FMLA and other leaves.
- It would be nice for them to have a module built just for a vacation donation policy.
- Payroll - easy to use - especially the hire/fire process
- Reporting - allows custom reports to be created from sample reports or from scratch
- Tracking of Employees - easy to access time off requests, who is/is not punched in
- Customer Service - quicker response to email support requests
- Benefit Accruals - don't know how to make sure they are working correctly. When the year turns over there is no way to make sure the payrolls covering the end of December booked time off requests to the year just finished instead of adding it to the new year. I end up making a lot of adjustments in January.
- Filters for reports - not always the easiest to figure out what filter to use for reports
- Employee Self-Service makes it easy for my employees to complete the HR, payroll and benefits transactions quickly and simply.
- ADP handles our tax reporting and payments expertly!
- Workforce Now has a plethora of canned reports and an an absolutely amazing custom reporting module.
- Workforce Now currently has the ability for me to send messages to employees during open enrollment or new hire enrollment. Would love to see ADP expand that functionality to allow me to filter employees and send ad-hoc messages at any time and for any reason.
- I would like for ADP to add functionality that will allow me to add pre-configured and ad-hoc notes and reminders to an employee's record.
- We enjoy using the ADP portal as our company intranet. Would like to the ability to have effective dates on those posts.
- The mobile app is great for employees to access their payroll and time off information. Managers also like it for timekeeping.
- The ADP Pro days they offer around the country are great. I love meeting the Pros for the different sectors of ADP and having them help me get to the root of my problems.
- I like that ADP can be customizable to what my organization needs.
- It seems like when an update happens over the weekend there seems to be issues that following Monday/Tuesday.
- Communication is key when the system is down. They do not send out emails and only post the information on "The Bridge" which is like a social media site. So you have to go searching to see if ADP is down or if it just your computer.
- Sometimes changes happen before communication is sent out so it would be nice to know ahead of time before an employee or co-worker finds it first and asks me about it.
Some of the issues I run across is that some team members are hesitant to use it based on past experience with other companies that used ADP. I walk and talk to them and help them embrace what we use in ADP to make their work easier. It is nice to be able to reach out to our service rep or even customer service when I have a problem with a module or even a field that is being stubborn.
There have been times with the Recruitment module that make it challenging to use. I've asked for ADP's help, but I haven't gotten any follow-up as yet. We've had so many people with their "hands" on it that I cannot get it to work correctly, which has an impact on updating E I-9 and Exemption status with the states. The end around is to do an import. This is not always an option to do with time constraints.
- Keep systems up to date of Federal and State and Local governments.
- There's very very little unscheduled system downtime. The system is dependable no matter where you are in the world. Being able to remote into your companies' system is great.
- The people are great to work with. They understand the products and what they cannot answer. They find someone in ADP who can.
- Employees' personal records move with them so they are able to retrieve pay stubs, dates of employment, etc when they need it.
- Showing direct deposit number on the pay register to verify if the direct deposit account is correct. Especially when a team member changes accounts.
- Expand the Organizational chart. Create a report or pdf document that will let you see all the people in an org chart, each department, etc. Not just who reports to you.
- Always up to date in regards to compliance in order to ensure that our payroll is processed correctly, taxes are done correctly, and benefits are correct.
- Fully integrated so that you can have full lifecycle HR in ONE system.
- Excellent customer service!
- Would love to have a robust training program that can be used for employee training on multiple topics.
- Our associates can go in at anytime and get copies of their pay stubs or W-2s as needed without having to wait for someone to get it for them.
- Our associates can do their annual open enrollment online or thru the mobile app.
- I would like to have more time with the professional report writers to customize more reports for our usage.
- I would like to see shared reports with other companies so we don't have to keep reinventing the wheel.
- The ability to see which benefits programs you are signed up for.
- The ability to track PTO and assess the rate at which PTO is accrued.
- It is nice to be able to communicate directly with the HR staff on the platform.
- It is a little difficult to pull reports.
- If you switch off the tab, it will sometimes log you out of your session.
- The interface could be a little bit cleaner, as well as the search function (more readily search within an existing folder).
- Processing payroll is a strength.
- Reports for processing and quarterly reports are done timely and correctly.
- Service is getting better. I still find I can get to my rep and usually have to deal with someone else.
- Payroll processors do not want to relearn payroll processing over and over and we are having to do that due to too many upgrades.
- Competition with other vendors seems to be driving these upgrades and it is a great product but you need to make sure everything works properly and stop reinventing the wheel.
- Looks nice for employees
- The steps and training available on each page
- Availability of the dedicated account rep
- Streamlining of processes
- More in depth training for advance users
- Integrate Reports to and T&A supervisor option
- Include YTD totals on payroll register
- Better training and instructions on GL file set up and creation.
- Benefits enrollment is a breeze with ADP as long as you know exactly what you're wanting. I feel that setting up EDI Feeds "Carrier Connections" is the smartest piece of service that ADP can provide because knowing that I don't have to go to multiple websites for new hires is a relief!
- Payroll of course! Where would I be without ADP for Payroll? I've worked for companies that used other products and quite honestly, I couldn't handle the confusion with everyday things. With ADP for Payroll, clicking is all I need to do!
- Time and attendance are so helpful! We have Essential Time and the features are great as long as they are setup correctly. I do think that some employers don't give ADP enough credit when it comes to set-up. Implementation is a nightmare for anyone, but ADP tries to think ahead and do as much as they can for you!
- Time off policies can be a bit clunky when you're trying to create specific rules. I know limiting features help to narrow down things, but some companies have older time off policies that they have to adhere to.
- Tracking EEO data is a bit tough because it's hidden in the Statutory Compliance section. You really have to go looking for it.
- Reporting can be a pain because there are some functions that aren't available to practitioners and you have to get your rep involved.
- Time and attendance team. - I've been on the phone with my Rep and a TA Rep and our PM had us hang up because the guy just couldn't understand what we wanted and was giving us false information just to get us off the phone.
- Employees and Manager self-service are great in eliminating human error when entering employees' information by the HR staff.
- ADP Workflows are great to eliminate tons of papers in the HR office, and it works smoothly.
- Customer service is great and very fast.
- They are actually reading the feedback and making changes in the next releases.
- The only thing that will need a little more work will be the onboarding process, but I'm not sure if that's improved.
- Integrating time and attendance and exporting to payroll.
- Benefits management.
- Performance management.
- Scheduling - designed for recurring schedules (e.g. 8-3, MWF), not shifts.
- Training & certification management - cannot upload certificates and no alert mechanism.
- Employee Self Service - This allows our employees to make their own changes. ADP is always updating the mobile ability of WFN so our employees are able to make the changes from anywhere.
- Dedicated Payroll and Benefits Team - ADP provides us with a dedicated person for both Payroll and Benefits issues.
- Continuous Updating of WFN - ADP is always asking for feedback to make the system better.
- FMLA/LOA/ADA tracking - They do not offer a feature that helps with Leave Management.
- ACA hours Tracking - We have many part-time employees that do not work every pay period. The ACA module creates an error because the employee missed a payroll instead of just using the total number of hours worked and the number of weeks that have pasted in the measurement period.
- FMLA and ACA tracking - Considering intermittent FMLA hours are not tracked in the system the ACA module doesn't calculate our employees that were on FMLA correctly.
- Plain and simple, it does payroll well. You don't have to create a ton of workarounds or double-checks to make sure your payroll is accurate and fits your company needs.
- It's a great one-stop-shop. If ADP doesn't have a module for it, 90% of the time there's an integration that works with it.
- While they do help keep us in compliance, I find that if I get a tax notice, I have to continuously follow up (almost to the point of being escalating to someone else) with the tax department to make sure they resolve things timely.
We find that the electronic timekeeping system helps reduce errors (not having to manually enter hours worked in a pay data batch). Payroll handling and processing are handled with HR. There are a lot of areas I can't wait to explore, set up and manage using ADP. I just wish I had more sets of hands and more time!
- Easy web access.
- User friendly screens,
- Customer service availability.
- Allowing companies to purchase one on one client to ADP handling. I would like a dedicated representative without having to buy up on the platform.
- Quicker response time when sending an email to the customer service department.
- Easy access to manuals to print out.
- Customer service support is excellent and responsive to the needs of the user with friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Many training tools and webinars offered to keep HR and Payroll professionals up to date on ADP Workforce Now systems and changing issues.
- Easy to use menus for identifying processes and where information needs to be entered.
- The template walkthrough procedures for terminations and quick hires makes it effortless to hit all of the proper areas for notations.
- An ability to upload forms and communicate with staff via the homepage with announcements, schedules, links to quick resources, and more make it easy for employees and human resources staff.
- Sometimes the change in the look and area of items is confusing to identify the new way to access menus.
- The benefits administration needs more work to make it easier to load 401k plans or dollar increment options for life insurance deductions.
- The recruitment module should be a basic item as part of the initial package with access to current employee performance evaluations, posting jobs, and receiving applicant information. Currently, almost all pieces of this module are seen and training is available but if your company doesn't have it, the training becomes a teaser instead of helpful.
ADP Workforce Now is our payroll and HR system of record. While all employees are able to view their Pay Statements and Benefit Enrollments through ADP WFN, we do not have Self Service. We do have 4 HR professionals who use ADP for all benefits and New Hire entry, and then there are 2 people in our Payroll Dept who enter all Employee Information, changes, batches etc.
Since we are an engineering and architectural firm, we do project-based accounting. Every week we import approx. 420 timesheets to populate a batch, which is how our employees are paid. From the President and CEO down to our entry-level interns, everyone is coded as hourly, so we depend on these imports from our accounting system of record, which is Deltek Vision.
- Importing data from our other system makes everyone's life so much easier. From rate changes to weekly hours and PTO hours.
- Customer Support. I have a great account rep, who I can call with any type of problem or question and she always helps me resolve it.
- Ease of use. Maybe because I have been using ADP for 20+ years, it all makes sense to me and even the changes are easy to follow due to great communication.
- Communication about downtime. I wish there was an easier way to know when ADP is down and the estimated length of time it will be down so we can plan accordingly. Right now, I depend on the Bridge and hope that someone from ADP gives us good information. But usually, they update every two hours and say check again in a few hours. That doesn't help when you have to transmit a payroll.
- Maybe not do an upgrade every month. Things tend to get a bit messed up when they upgrade.
- Dedicated Representatives for HR, Payroll, and Time. Having someone who knows your account and has built a rapport is priceless.
- Keeping current on software trends. They put out updates pretty regularly.
- There is strength in numbers. They are one of the largest payroll companies, and with that comes unlimited funding for upgrades and improvements.
- Because they are so large, they lose that personalized factor. They started to resolve this with dedicated reps, but to the company as a whole, you are just a number.
- The billing situation needs to be improved. I have a hard time understanding my bill and have no idea who I'd even speak with.
- They do tend to update the system a little too often. Just when I am getting used to the way something looks/works, I have to learn something new.
In the same vein, if you are a small business, then ADP may not be right for you. It is very expensive and there is a bit of a hassle when it comes to implementation. If you lack a larger HR team, then it will take all of your time to get it up and running.
- The Open Enrollment system and the set-up support we receive annually is amazing.
- The new enhancements to the Performance module will allow us to complete performance improvement plans and routine disciplinary actions electronically.
- The Recruitment module with the Indeed integration helps us to efficiently recruit staff.
- The Bridge is a useful tool for obtaining feedback from other employers.
- ADP Learn provides useful training on the different modules.
- ADP's customer service line staff are very responsive to our questions and help us resolve our issues.
- If the report you need isn't available, the reporting team will build a custom report for you.
- The implementation team support met or exceeded my expectations for our recruitment, onboarding, open enrollment, and performance management integrations.
- The offer letters (Recruitment) are hard to edit.
- The Recruitment module should allow automation through the entire process. Managers can view resumes, but cannot view or move candidates through the entire process with the click of a key.
- The turnover report does not seem to work.
- Employees should be able to complete open enrollment selections on the ADP app.
- Custom Reports - with custom reports, you can create your own calculated fields, custom templates, ad hoc, etc. ADP Workforce Now Custom Reports tool is comprehensive and user-friendly. Additionally, ADP has live support to assist you along the way with questions, complex reports, or if you would just like guidance with creating a report from scratch - they are always happy to help!
- Real-Time Payroll Preview - Check the progress of your payroll input with the "Preview Payroll" feature. View preview reports at any point in the payroll cycle and continue to input and make edits as needed until you are ready to transmit your files to ADP.
- Concurrent Payroll Input - The ability to set-up and enter data for an additional payroll run while working on your regular payroll cycle is a great new feature within ADP Workforce Now. Great time saver!
- ADP QuickCalc (for calculating manual checks) is missing the functionality for "Memo Codes". Memo codes allow you to post earnings (i.e. 401k match, HSA employer match info) to pay statements. Although, memo codes can be added once the calculation is saved as a manual check, this is actually a flaw in the feature because some amounts that are entered as memo codes are set-up as taxable on the back-end. Since the tax calculation does not occur on the manual check side, the system will recalculate the tax once payroll is processed. Ultimately, the employee ends up owing that tax amount back to the employer. In our organization, when manual checks are processed, it is typically a final check so by the time the tax recalculation report is generated, the employee is long gone and we are unable to recoup the monies. This could easily be resolved if ADP would add the Memo Code field to Quick Calc.
ADP Workforce Now Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ADP Workforce Now
ADP Workforce Now is an easy-to-use human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.
Built on a single database, the fully integrated ADP Workforce Now suite includes Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, Time & Labor Management and HR Analytics capabilities. From payroll to proactive compliance to managing employees across borders, the vendor says the goal of ADP Workforce Now is to free users from administrative tasks so they can focus on their people and their business. Workforce Now integrates simply and securely with other business applications through APIs and the ADP Marketplace. Users can add more functionality as their business grows.
The vendor's value proposition is that users can save time and money through:
- Fewer employee questions – easy self-service tools like the WFN top-rated mobile app provide access to pay info, timecards and more.
- Less data entry – updates sync automatically to payroll, benefits and other systems.
- Competitive pricing – options designed to meet users' specific needs.
The vendor also says users can gain peace of mind due to:
- Expertise – vendor has over 65 years of experience, and is used across industries.
- Automated alerts – to help prevent costly errors.
- Compliance – over 2,500 specialists actively monitor regulatory changes and focus on users' compliance needs.
ADP Workforce Now Screenshots
ADP Workforce Now Integrations
ADP Workforce Now Competitors
Please contact ADP for a product demo and ask about a hands-on "test drive" of Workforce Now.
ADP Workforce Now Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
ADP Workforce Now Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ADP Workforce Now Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||more than 50 countries currently supported|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, Canadian French|