ADP Workforce Now is a cloud-based HR platform for mid-sized businesses. It features customizable modules of various HR services that businesses can tailor to their specific needs, as well as regulatory monitoring and alerts to help businesses remain compliant.ADP WFN - Making life easier!We use ADP WFN for all of our HR and Payroll needs for the entire organization. We are able to track, update and process all of our HR and Payroll day to day functions with it. It is simple enough to use and when we do have issues their customer service is available to help us. We use specifically to enter new employees into our system, process payroll and all of our reporting.,We are able to update all employee information including I9's which keeps us compliant We are able to process payroll in a timely matter We are able to use the HR module as our company HRIS system and we are very satisfied with that For Payroll reporting with Accounting and Finance, we are able to produce reports that satisfies our needs.,I would say their customer service via phone needs to improve by a lot. A call to them could take up to an hour sometimes and that has to change. WFN should have more options to choose from on just about every module that they serve. It seems their modules address the most popular issues but many times you are limited. I think they should mend their 401K module into WFN, instead of keeping it a separate entity. It is basically taken twice the time to do repetitive work for employers like us that use ADP 401K The reporting that we use WFN for works ok, but requires some time on the phone, a simpler format with more to choose from would be helpful.,9,For our uses, it has all been positive. We need just an HR program that transitions into payroll. This is excellent for us The payroll reporting is fantastic. I can always request or create something that doesn't exist, but ADP seems to have covered the major ones. It is extremely useful Tracking and moving funds with WFN is easy to record and keep track of. We are quickly able to send and post funds for payroll.,Our HR team has saved 1-25 hours per month.,Paychex Flex,Google Maps API, Salesforce App Cloud,2,2,Payroll HR Reporting Time tracking,Birthdays/Anniversarys Review time,we are looking to use WFN for our 1099 Employees Track Sick Days,9,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product Vendor Reputation,Interesting question. I am not sure if we would have. We met with Sales Reps from ADP , Paychex and a start up company that was going to give a lot of exclusive products designed for us. It was more than we needed at the time and with a start up , many other problems can occur on their side that we did not want to be apart of at the time.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Not all employee information was transferred Some important information had to be reset for staff, such as Direct Deposit,8,Online training In-person training Self-taught,9,9,The payroll module was very easy for me, Most of it was common sense , it just involved learning the way it is done by WFN. The HR module was a little trickier , only because of my lack of familiarity with some of the stages and procedures. Actually , once I understood the steps, the flow in the HR module was fine.,8,Specifically, no. If there is some set up that has to be done, all it takes is a call to customer service and they will walk me through everything. Once we are good to go, I can adjust around the settings of the module to make it work best for us.,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,No - we have not done any custom code,We have not. The format works fine for our company.,No,9,No,Yes!- Last Christmas on December 22 or so after our final payroll was run, Our President decided to give out bonuses and we had to run a special payroll and have the funds in the employee accounts before the holiday. Basically it took one call, We process the extra payroll over the phone , transferred funds and produced our reports in a matter of hours and every was paid promptly. I always thank my Rep about this.,Payroll File Hire/Rehire/Terminate Batches,Time & Attendance Reporting,Yes, but I don't use it,9,9,9,9,40i K provider Transit provider,Health insurance,File import/export,9,I think selecting a vendor that allows integration is very key. You should choose one that allows for this to happen and make the most use of this with as many vendors as possible. After awhile, they become simple tasks that can save time for everyone. With all this, support should be reviewed and check before submitting.,8,8,More or less a specific fee for specific services. I'd rather not get into any more detail than that.,We are very happy with ADP as our payroll vendor. Their service has been above satisfactory. I'd suggest that you stay in contact with your Sales Rep from start to finish. You may be direct to someone else but your Sales Rep is your point of contact and I find that to be key, should there be a new issue.,Yes,Time & Attendance Pay File Upgrade,simplified the batch process even more simplifying reporting,No,NoADP Workforce now is seamless for payroll and benefits!ADP Workforce Now is used by our entire organization. Our employees use it to report their time so we can process our weekly payroll and to request time off. We use the HR and Benefits package for our annual benefits open enrollment process and the benefits changes flow into payroll so there is no extra processing involved. ADP also sends the benefit info to our insurance third party administrator for enrollments. Love that employees can update any changes to their demographics, direct deposit info, and federal/state tax exemptions. Performance reviews are online so managers and employees can view historical reviews without me having to make copies from their personnel file.,Benefits enrollment - saves so much time by having the benefits enrollment online. The benefits cost flow directly to payroll so there is no [chance] for error by entering an incorrect amount. Carrier connections flow the info to our insurance company - no paper forms Keeps us informed on any changes involving ACA, taxes or other federal regulations. Subscribe to Eye on Washington and you are always up to date on current happenings in Washington. Ability to handle all of our state and local taxes. We have 9 states and many locals.,Managers would like a link to their Outlook calendar for all of their reports' vacation time. Currently, the employee will get a link to add to their personal Outlook just not the managers. Would like to see real time changes when updating any of the configurations pages. It is a pain to have to log off and log back on to see how the changes look.,10,I handle all payroll aspects and the administration of our benefits, ESOP and 401k. Before ADP, I had an assistance who would key hours into our old system. Had so many key errors and we no longer have that since the employees clock in and out on their computer. Payroll is completed so quickly that I have more time to focus on other issues.,,,Yes,Price Product Features Product Reputation,Implemented in-house,Yes,9,Online training In-person training Self-taught,9,9,No,10,No,Yes,10,No,NoUseful Time Card and Payroll Site and AppADP Workforce Now is primarily used for payroll. For example, you are able to access previous paychecks, calculate salaries, and enter the number of hours worked each day on a time card. It is primarily used for the agency that I am contracted with and am unsure whether the entire organization is implementing it for all of their contractors.,Great payroll tool Easy to use,Better UI Needs a better mobile app,8,Effective time tracker Good use of financial tools,I’m not in HR.,,NetBeans, Adobe Acrobat DC,1,Online training Self-taught,9,Yes, it was fairly easy to understand as far as how to use it. This was not the only system that I had to use to punch in a time sheet. The first one was the old design (and this one that I'm reviewing now is the new design, which is fairly simple).,Timecard link is present when you click on the "myself" link Pay link is also present after clicking the "myself" linkADP WorkForce Now - I Love It!We use ADP Workforce Now for the largest sector of our company which totals about 300 employees. We have 6 subsidiaries with 6 different EIN's. We use it for payroll and time and attendance. It allowed our time and attendance to flow easily into the payroll. We still use Business Portal for 2 of our companies, and there is a huge difference in the time to get the time from ADP vs Business Portal. One click with ADP versus a spreadsheet import. Also makes running the payroll very easy and efficient.,The reporting is very good. It is easy to use, and the Excel output is formatted nicely - with bold headers, and columns and rows that are formatted to fit the output. No need to adjust the height or width. There are many canned reports, but the ability to do ad hoc reports is great. The Self-Service portal that allows employees to make changes to their W-4's and their direct deposit saves time for payroll and HR. The option to approve or just notify HR and/or Payroll is a nice option as well. The fact that managers can see their employees PTO balances is a plus - employees can see their own balances as well. Managers have the ability to run time & attendance reports such as when an employee is approaching overtime as well as the ability to see the real-time entries of their employees. I hear of people who have issues with ADP's customer service, but I am not one. I get excellent service 99% of the time. Of course there are times when i have to call back to have them fix a mistake, but the majority of my experiences are of excellent customer service. We have a dedicated team for customer service, so I speak to the same group of people all the time. I have a profile of their experience with ADP (provided by ADP), which is great!,Customizing the portal could be easier. It is difficult to understand the instructions that are there. Since the support center was upgraded, it is a little less user friendly, but still has excellent information. Logs you out of the support center too quickly. The tech support for EZlabor and the portal administration is shaky. ADP needs to seriously look at this issue because I can call twice in the same day and get totally different information for the same issue, but the issue is not fixed. This is for tech support, not to be confused with the payroll customer service - they are excellent. Does not work well at all with Internet Explorer, but it does work well with Google Chrome.,7,It has reduced the time for me to process the payroll by half. Reporting and any post audits can be done easily and early enough to catch any errors before the pay day which is definitely good for employee morale. The ability for employees to make some changes to their payroll is a great time saver for Payroll and HR as well as for the employee. Having all of our subs on ADP makes training the employee on the self service portal more efficient.,Microsoft Dynamics SL,,3,Efficient Payroll processing Reporting for management Tax Service Garnishment Service Time and Attendance Employee Self Service,Linking to our HR self service from the portal. Ability for employees to access PTO balances while entering time Recurring Schedules in Time and Attendance Accessing tax reports such as the 941 and Statements of Deposit to the various agencies Online Stop payments and direct deposit cancellations,GL interface Using the portal to put out company announcements. We don't use the complete functionality of the portal.,10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product Existing Relationship with the Vendor Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,We had a very quick turn around, so we were not able to really evaluate any comparable vendors.,Vendor implemented,Yes,Change management was a minor issue with the implementation,Not enough lead time for the implementation, so unable to double check some of the imports. Even though we moved quickly, there was still enough time to get everything done in an efficient and accurate manner. ADP dropped the ball a lot in that I was not able to reach the Implementation Specialist a lot of the time. Implementation Specialist was hard to reach - this became a major issue on the second implementation, but not so much on the first and third ones. I think, the issue was that the Specialist had too many clients at once. I found that when I was able to get in touch with her, she was very effective, helpful and knowledgeable.,6,8,8,Yes,There was a time when I was panicked about finishing a payroll after hours. I sent an email to customer support that night, and the issue was resolved that night. I did a preview that had an error, so it was stuck. This requires a manual correction. I was not expecting a result that night, but lo and behold, the issue was fixed, and I was able to finish the payroll. I still don't know which support member handled the issue, but I was Very Happy!!,Time and Attendance import into payroll Running a preview Running ad hoc reports,Customizing the portal to our company particulars Mobile app - I need to get more info on this one, but it is not as easy as downloading the app for all of the functions that are supposed to be available, Not being able to import position and title information if you don't have the HR module. You have to manually enter job titles/positions. You should absolutely be able to import this information with or without the HR module.,Yes,9ADP Workforce NowWe use it for payroll/time/HRIS/Benefits enrollment,Reporting is excellent No problems with benefit enrollments or terminations with effective dating Pay records are extensive and long-lasting if you request no purge Easy to go paperless for payroll reports,Connection between the systems (HR/Payroll/Time) is spotty and when you make a change in HR and it doesn't flow to payroll, errors result Time system is terrible and not user friendly More mass edit features and an update to the HRB system are needed,5,Overall employees are taken care of with pay and benefits Employees are not 100% on board with self-service and it is a struggle getting them to use it,Paylocity,5,10
ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now Reviews

ADP Workforce Now

Showing 5 of 605 ADP Workforce Now ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review
September 28, 2018

ADP WFN - Making life easier!

Online Training

The on-line training was most useful to me personally. It allowed me to stop and go at a pace where i was able to learn some new shortcuts and apply some of the steps that we have already be using. An example would be in the Hire/Terminate page where the steps were easy to follow but it did take time to learn them
Benjamin Yee profile photo
May 26, 2017

Useful Time Card and Payroll Site and App

Online Training

The instructions from the recruiting agency on how to use the system was pretty straightforward.

It provided step-by-step procedures on where you would need to log in your hours as well as what you would need to highlight (i.e. regular, overtime, etc.) detailing the type of hours that were worked overall. The handout also provided some pictures of the application.
Read Benjamin Yee's full review

Employee demographic data (229)
Employment history (237)
Job profiles and administration (219)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (220)
Organizational charting (142)
Organization and location management (165)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (163)
Pay calculation (262)
Support for external payroll vendors (89)
Benefit plan administration (207)
Direct deposit files (261)
Salary revision and increment management (193)
Reimbursement management (103)
Approval workflow (173)
Balance details (195)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (159)
View and generate pay and benefit information (246)
Update personal information (235)
View company policy documentation (197)
Employee recognition (91)
View job history (32)
Tracking of all physical assets (12)
6.0
Report builder (232)
Pre-built reports (229)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (142)
New hire portal (21)
6.1
Manager tracking tools (14)
4.8
Corporate goal setting (52)
Individual goal setting (72)
Line-of sight-visibility (55)
Performance tracking (64)
Performance plans (87)
Performance improvement plans (77)
Review status tracking (90)
Review reminders (95)
Multiple review frequency (76)
6.7
Create succession plans/pools (6)
5.8
Candidate ranking (6)
5.8
Candidate search (7)
6.3
Candidate development (6)
6.2
Job Requisition Management (71)
Company Website Posting (72)
Publish to Social Media (55)
Job Search Site Posting (63)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (8)
2.3
Applicant Tracking (71)
Notifications and Alerts (83)

About ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now is an easy-to-use human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.

Built on a single database, the fully integrated ADP Workforce Now suite includes Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Management, Time & Labor Management and HR Analytics capabilities. From payroll to proactive compliance to managing employees across borders, the vendor says the goal of ADP Workforce Now is to free users from administrative tasks so they can focus on their people and their business. Workforce Now integrates simply and securely with other business applications through APIs and the ADP Marketplace. Users can add more functionality as their business grows.

The vendor's value proposition is that users can save time and money through:

• Fewer employee questions – easy self-service tools like the WFN top-rated mobile app provide access to pay info, timecards and more.
  • Less data entry – updates sync automatically to payroll, benefits and other systems.
  • Competitive pricing – options designed to meet users' specific needs.

The vendor also says users can gain peace of mind due to:

• Expertise – vendor has over 65 years of experience, and is used across industries.
  • Automated alerts – to help prevent costly errors.
  • Compliance – over 2,500 specialists actively monitor regulatory changes and focus on users' compliance needs.

ADP Workforce Now Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle checks
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Does not have featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Does not have featureTracking of all physical assets
Does not have featureAsset issue and transfer management
Does not have featureAsset return
Does not have featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featurePerformance plans
Has featurePerformance improvement plans
Has featureReview status tracking
Has featureReview reminders
Has featureMultiple review frequency
Succession Planning Features
Does not have featureCreate succession plans/pools
Does not have featureCandidate ranking
Does not have featureCandidate search
Does not have featureCandidate development
Onboarding Features
Does not have featureNew hire portal
Does not have featureManager tracking tools
Performance and Goals Features
Has featureBenefits: Open Enrollment
Has featureMobile Application for Employee Self-Service

ADP Workforce Now Screenshots

ADP Workforce Now Integrations

Oracle HCM Cloud, Concur Travel and Expense, Sage Intacct, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, 100+ integrations via marketplace.adp.com and APIs

ADP Workforce Now Competitors

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required

Please contact ADP for a product demo and ask about a hands-on "test drive" of Workforce Now.

ADP Workforce Now Customer Size Distribution