The AdStage Platform is a self-serve cross-network online advertising platform with full management and analytics for campaigns across search, social, display, and mobile ad networks like Google AdWords, Bing, Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn Ads. It's an all-in-one marketing platform, complete with a suite of first- and third-party apps built on the AdStage API, for advertisers of all sizes.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/1k/Sv/ACLIGU6R3K1Z.pngAdStage Changes the Game for Digital AdvertisersAdStage fills several business needs for our agency. First, it acts as a reporting platform, allowing us to send automated dashboards covering multiple ad channels to clients on a regular basis. Second, it provides automation features such as bid and budget management, pausing ad groups/campaigns, or running certain ads during certain time periods (such as holiday sales).,AdStage has a great onboarding process. We have a dedicated support rep who walked our entire team through each of the three major sections of AdStage, talked about use cases and even recorded the training so we could provide it to other, future team members. The real power of AdStage for us is in the Automation. You can set up rules for when to do things like increase budget or raise bids on certain ad channels. If something is doing well, push more money to it without ever logging in. Likewise, if something is tanking it gets turned off without you having to be at your computer. It frees up our team to focus on more strategic, creative endeavors by handling the "grunt work". The ability to create custom metrics is a real plus. Sometimes, even with systems as advanced as Google and Facebook are, they just don't understand how to set up what you want to measure. Maybe I want to know the cost for all purchases across apps and my website? AdStage's custom metrics let me design that, and then use it in my reports, dashboards or rules.,It's software, so glitches happen. And when those glitches happen, you need to talk to Support. While the Support team is really helpful, not reading from a script or just looking in the Help docs, there's often a severe lag time of hours or even days. That can be crushing when the glitch is affecting your ad campaigns that are spending money right now. Setting up reports can be really frustrating if you want to customize them at all. If you want your Facebook Ads widget to only report on certain campaigns, there's no ability to filter by a naming convention or launch date, you just have to select every campaign manually. It's a bit like Magento—powerful, but working within the system can be really time-consuming. Right now, AdStage focuses on Google & Facebook. So if you run ads on Snapchat, Pinterest, or Taboola you're kinda out of luck. They rolled out some LinkedIn stuff recently, and they say those other networks are on the way, but it's a little way that the software could get better.,6,In terms of hours saved, it's hard to pin down, but we definitely spend more time on the meaningful, strategic, or artistic tasks now than we used to. AdStage is also a great tool to roll out during the sales process because our clients love to hear that we're making decisions automatically with data and automation rather than just hiring more junior people to push buttons. During black Friday this year our team all setup campaigns to flight, meaning they weren't sitting around the turkey with their laptops out. That's an ROI in company culture that's hard to measure, but extremely valuable.,WordStream,BothAdStage is my BFF. (Saves my team time and $$ on LinkedIn Advertising)We are currently using Adstage to support our own LinkedIn Ad efforts and are now expanding our use as we bring on clients that are interested in leveraging LinkedIn advertising as well. It is primarily used by our marketing team, as the reporting functionality of Adstage makes it easy for the executive team to stay abreast of results without spending time in the platform.,Custom Formulas: AdStage gives users the ability to leverage different data points delivered by the ad platform to create custom metrics. For example, the LinkedIn Advertising platform does not export the data surrounding 'Cost Per Lead,' but we were able to generate that metric in AdStage by creating a formula using two of the data points that are exported. This is a very important metric for us, and I haven't found another reporting software that can do it. I think this adds incredible flexibility to reporting. Custom Grouping: We have gotten incredible value out of the 'grouping' functions in the platform. For example, we wanted to do an analysis of what days performed better for our LinkedIn ad campaigns, but that's not a data point we can export. We created daily campaigns, labeled them as 'DATE [DAY OF WEEK],' and then were able to group the data by the [DAY OF WEEK] label in Adstage. As long as you can create a label for it, you can measure it. Cohesive Product Line: All 3 of their products are incredibly valuable, especially when paired together. While I only currently use AdStage Reporting, I'm doing a trial of Automate and will likely purchase it as we scale more LinkedIn Advertising clients. If you're working with multiple accounts and have a nuanced strategy for your ads (pausing at certain times, only running ads on weekdays, etc.), then automate is a must. Customer Service: I signed up for AdStage exactly a year after my first demo (definitely a slow burn). When I re-emerged many months later, the rep that I had worked with previously not only remembered me, but gave me an additional extended free trial to make sure I was ready to purchase. My CSM has been excellent, not only checking in consistently but also helping me build reports and keeping my account in mind for new features they are rolling out.,I have very little negative feedback regarding this platform. At one point in time, you could create and publish ads to the various platforms via Adstage, but they have started to move away from that functionality. You now have to create campaigns on the platform (for example, LinkedIn) and then automate functions of those campaigns on AdStage. I'd love it to be a one-stop shop where I didn't have to deal with the ad platform at all.,10,We haven't been using it long enough to have a positive ROI, but I'm confident we will as we optimize our campaigns based on the data we receive from AdStage. AdStage saves myself and my team hours of time each week that we would normally spend preparing reporting or doing ad analysis in excel. This was the reason we purchased AdStage, and it's really living up to its promise.,Kissmetrics, Domo and Klipfolio,B2BAdStage Is Great!We used AdStage as a source to bring all of our channels together for reporting, better automation, and better control of our campaigns through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google. We also looked heavily at using them for API access into these channels for more in-depth reporting and so our internal team did not have to do that. Before using AdStage putting all of this together was a huge pain and some of the channels didn't have great interfaces. AdStage helped ease a lot of those pain points and made campaign building easier. As mentioned, we also wanted to use them for API access but we ended up holding off. We're again looking at using them for that type of reporting.,Easily pulling together API access for multiple channels into one area for in-depth reporting Automation. They helped a bunch with features that LinkedIn didn't have. The team. They were always super responsive and on the ball with any questions or concerns we had. The customer service was great. General reporting and tieing data together.,We were with them in the earlier days and when they were growing larger. We experienced some of that pain with pricing changes that didn't feel quite right. But, they've fixed this now. We didn't really see the usefulness at times of optimizing some of the channels through AdStage, but we loved the reporting features they had for the channels. Better tiers for payment and what fits into those. Again, these are being addressed much better now.,8,It's saved time for me to easily build out campaigns in Facebook and LinkedIn quickly and in scale It gives people the option to get direct API access to multiple channels without having to build it all in-house It allowed some great optimizations for LinkedIn which allowed us to use our spend there better,Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and Allocadia,Both,3,,Easy integration with multiple platforms One single place to hold all your data points API access into multiple platforms Some great automation tools,Automation for LinkedIn Quick and easy reporting tools,API access into several of the platforms we use,8,10,No,I've had several times where I was able to speak with their CEO with questions, concerns or general walkthroughs. It is great when you have that level of seniority willing to speak with you and step in when things come up.
AdStage

AdStage Reviews

AdStage
Filter 8 vetted AdStage reviews and ratings

J.P. VanderLinden profile photo
December 15, 2018

Review: "AdStage Changes the Game for Digital Advertisers"

• AdStage has a great onboarding process. We have a dedicated support rep who walked our entire team through each of the three major sections of AdStage, talked about use cases and even recorded the training so we could provide it to other, future team members.
  • The real power of AdStage for us is in the Automation. You can set up rules for when to do things like increase budget or raise bids on certain ad channels. If something is doing well, push more money to it without ever logging in. Likewise, if something is tanking it gets turned off without you having to be at your computer. It frees up our team to focus on more strategic, creative endeavors by handling the "grunt work".
  • The ability to create custom metrics is a real plus. Sometimes, even with systems as advanced as Google and Facebook are, they just don't understand how to set up what you want to measure. Maybe I want to know the cost for all purchases across apps and my website? AdStage's custom metrics let me design that, and then use it in my reports, dashboards or rules.
  • It's software, so glitches happen. And when those glitches happen, you need to talk to Support. While the Support team is really helpful, not reading from a script or just looking in the Help docs, there's often a severe lag time of hours or even days. That can be crushing when the glitch is affecting your ad campaigns that are spending money right now.
  • Setting up reports can be really frustrating if you want to customize them at all. If you want your Facebook Ads widget to only report on certain campaigns, there's no ability to filter by a naming convention or launch date, you just have to select every campaign manually. It's a bit like Magento—powerful, but working within the system can be really time-consuming.
  • Right now, AdStage focuses on Google & Facebook. So if you run ads on Snapchat, Pinterest, or Taboola you're kinda out of luck. They rolled out some LinkedIn stuff recently, and they say those other networks are on the way, but it's a little way that the software could get better.
AdStage is great if you're an agency or an in-house marketer managing a lot of ad budget, a lot of campaigns, or a large number of clients and you want to get the day-to-day tasks cleared to focus on higher-brain-stem tasks. Bid and budget management are replaced by rules. Holiday sales are replaced with flighting. All of your team members can log in, access their accounts, set up their reports and have them send to clients without having to lift a finger.
Read J.P. VanderLinden's full review
Emily Muhoberac profile photo
January 18, 2019

Review: "AdStage is my BFF. (Saves my team time and $$ on LinkedIn Advertising)"

• Custom Formulas: AdStage gives users the ability to leverage different data points delivered by the ad platform to create custom metrics. For example, the LinkedIn Advertising platform does not export the data surrounding 'Cost Per Lead,' but we were able to generate that metric in AdStage by creating a formula using two of the data points that are exported. This is a very important metric for us, and I haven't found another reporting software that can do it. I think this adds incredible flexibility to reporting.
  • Custom Grouping: We have gotten incredible value out of the 'grouping' functions in the platform. For example, we wanted to do an analysis of what days performed better for our LinkedIn ad campaigns, but that's not a data point we can export. We created daily campaigns, labeled them as 'DATE [DAY OF WEEK],' and then were able to group the data by the [DAY OF WEEK] label in Adstage. As long as you can create a label for it, you can measure it.
  • Cohesive Product Line: All 3 of their products are incredibly valuable, especially when paired together. While I only currently use AdStage Reporting, I'm doing a trial of Automate and will likely purchase it as we scale more LinkedIn Advertising clients. If you're working with multiple accounts and have a nuanced strategy for your ads (pausing at certain times, only running ads on weekdays, etc.), then automate is a must.
  • Customer Service: I signed up for AdStage exactly a year after my first demo (definitely a slow burn). When I re-emerged many months later, the rep that I had worked with previously not only remembered me, but gave me an additional extended free trial to make sure I was ready to purchase. My CSM has been excellent, not only checking in consistently but also helping me build reports and keeping my account in mind for new features they are rolling out.
  • I have very little negative feedback regarding this platform. At one point in time, you could create and publish ads to the various platforms via Adstage, but they have started to move away from that functionality. You now have to create campaigns on the platform (for example, LinkedIn) and then automate functions of those campaigns on AdStage. I'd love it to be a one-stop shop where I didn't have to deal with the ad platform at all.
AdStage is well suited for:
- Teams with a nuanced campaign strategy that will benefit from the Automate functions (automatically pausing campaigns, raising bids, etc.)
- Agencies running ads and reporting for multiple clients at a time
- Teams with monthly ad budgets consistently greater than $5,000
- Teams investing in LinkedIn Ads that are completely dissatisfied with their reporting (which should be all of you, because it's garbage.)

Adstage is less appropriate for:
- Teams that run long-term campaigns with no daily/weekly changes
- Teams with a monthly ad budget of $5000 or less (it won't be worth the price)
Read Emily Muhoberac's full review
Matthew Lloyd profile photo
June 22, 2018

User Review: "AdStage Is Great!"

• Easily pulling together API access for multiple channels into one area for in-depth reporting
  • Automation. They helped a bunch with features that LinkedIn didn't have.
  • The team. They were always super responsive and on the ball with any questions or concerns we had. The customer service was great.
  • General reporting and tieing data together.
  • We were with them in the earlier days and when they were growing larger. We experienced some of that pain with pricing changes that didn't feel quite right. But, they've fixed this now.
  • We didn't really see the usefulness at times of optimizing some of the channels through AdStage, but we loved the reporting features they had for the channels.
  • Better tiers for payment and what fits into those. Again, these are being addressed much better now.
AdStage is great for bringing together all of your channels into one place for analytics. They now have easy API access into multiple channels which allows you to really deep dive and get the most out of the data that you often can't without that API access. They also have great ways to surface this data that is easy to digest for leadership.

If you already have this internally or want to build it out internally, AdStage may not be a fit outside of some great automation tools, but it's not easy to have this data done and built out internally so this is a great place to start.
Read Matthew Lloyd's full review

Data Transfer (2)
5.8
DSP integration (1)
Ad campaign creation (1)
Ad deployment (1)
Display advertising (1)
Ad display and retargeting segmentation (1)
Sequence targeting (2)
Ad dashboards (3)
Ad performance reports (3)
Ad conversion tracking (3)
Ad attribution reporting (2)
Cross-channel ad management (3)
Ad forecasting and optimization (2)

About AdStage