Reviews (1-3 of 3)
March 19, 2021
Score 10 out of 10
I have been a longtime user of AWR (4 years) and it is a great cloud-based keyword ranking tool. It has been our go-to keyword rank tracking tool and is used as part of our keyword tracking as well as monthly client reporting. AWR is a must-have tool for SEO since many all-in-one SEO tools either don't offer keyword rank tracking or they only offer generic tracking where you cannot get city-level rank tracking, which makes it pointless and inaccurate. It can be difficult to find reliable and accurate rank tracking software and AWR solves those challenges.
- Cloud based, which means so server proxies or VPN needed to run the software.
- Clean and intuitive interface, easy to use once you get the hang of it.
- Easy to read and branded reports makes you look like a pro when it comes to client reporting
- Localized rankings, makes the reports very accurate.
- Updating reports when adding new keywords can be slow, taking a day or so to update.
- Large keyword projects can be slow to update.
- If you have a large number of keywords to track, the costs escalate quickly.
Read Gary Shouldis's full review
If you want a reliable and accurate keyword rank tracking tool that can spit out beautiful monthly reports for your clients, then AWR is the tool for you. It is also cloud-based so you don't have to deal with the issues of proxies and VPNs like you would if running a similar program from your own server. It's not the cheapest option but it's probably the easiest to implement and most accurate option when it comes to cloud-based rank tracking software. Customer support has always been responsive and pleasant to deal with, I haven't had many issues, but have always had a good experience when I needed support.
April 04, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
Advanced Web Ranking is a system we use for our clients that don't have a large budget to study analytics, particularly clients that need to monitor how their site is performing through user-based searches (or in other words, organic searches). The desktop version is a fairly old product, and they've worked out any bugs that may have existed...meaning the program runs very smoothly, even on our older machines.
- It only costs $49/month, which is great for clients that are working with limited budgets (they're cost-conscious!)
- Its ease of use – I've worked with plenty of cloud-based rank tracking programs before, and AWR was by far one of the cleanest and easiest to navigate. I could use it on my iPad and the user-touch interface was pretty seamless.
- The info is updated in real-time. We were able to show our clients their live data while in meetings. It made us look good, and it made our clients feel better about the service they were paying for.
- The ability of the program to produce dashboards in web page format. While it can do this, it saves them out as HTML files on your hard drive or cloud server, which makes it super hard to share with others.
- The cloud version is a bit more expensive, which offers the same tools as the desktop, which I found a little troublesome and it didn't make sense to me.
- Their customer service was a little lacking. I had a couple of general questions and I was on hold for about 15 minutes...which isn't good when you're in the middle of a busy workday.
Read this authenticated review
My business works with clients from a variety of outlets, with budgets ranging from six figures down to triple digits (not kidding). There's a TON of analytical software out there, so speaking as a guy who has worked with them all (or at least quite a few) if your client is on a budget – particularly a startup – AWR is a great program to use. They've been around for a while, the desktop version is pretty bug-free and updates in real-time, and it's budget conscious.
March 03, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
Advanced Web Ranking is primarily used for the reporting of organic search performance, specifically for content that has been optimized for specific SEO keywords. It is currently used only in one department and has become a secondary tool since our organization began using BrightEdge across many departments (BrightEdge performs some of the same functions for us).
- Advanced Web Ranking is a low-cost solution for SEO reporting, suitable for medium-sized businesses that can't afford more expensive solutions of this type.
- It's also very scalable in some respects, particularly the availability of unlimited keyword tracking, which is preferable to certain solutions that charge by the keyword.
- There are also a number of other features in the product not directly related to the reporting of performance which some users will find useful.
- As a user of the desktop version, I have been a little frustrated that the export of the HTML output of reports has to be saved locally which can make sharing difficult. I partially overcame this by setting up a shared folder on a network server for the output, but it still seems a little clunky in 2018.
- Due to some issues with my installation, it's necessary for me to manually pull ranking data on a regular basis - it just won't automatically pull the data for some reason.
- The cloud version of the product offers (I think) only a subset of features, despite costing more than the desktop version. This may have changed since I last looked 1-2 years ago, though.
Read this authenticated review
If you only need to report on keyword rankings for your site(s) and don't need a particularly 'fancy' presentation of the information AND you would enjoy unlimited keyword tracking, AWR should be on your list of products to look at, especially if your budget for SEO reporting is not that high.
Advanced Web Ranking Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Advanced Web Ranking?
Frequently Asked Questions
Reviewers rate SERP ranking tracking and Competitive analysis and Task management highest, with a score of 10.
The most common users of Advanced Web Ranking are from Mid-size Companies and the Marketing & Advertising industry.