Skip to main content
ADVANTAGE

ADVANTAGE

What is ADVANTAGE?

ADVANTAGE is a construction and estimation software offering from HomeTech Information Systems.

TrustRadius Insights

Users have trusted HomeTech Advantage for years as a reliable tool for home improvements and handyman work. One long-time user, who was …

• Premium Consulting/Integration Services

What is Autodesk Fabrication?

Autodesk Fabrication, based on the ESTmep+ construction and estimation software developed by Applied Software and acquired by Autodesk in 2018, allows users to Create MEP models, generate estimates, and drive fabrication. The Autodesk Fabrication line includes Fabrication ESTmep, as well as…

What is monday.com?

monday.com Work OS is an open platform designed so that anyone can create the tools they need to run all aspects of their work. It includes ready-made templates or the ability to customize any work solution ranging from sales pipelines to marketing campaigns, CRMs, and project tracking.

November 14, 2022

Review of Advantage

Incentivized
Our techs use this program on site to build estimates for our customers. We are able to use it in the office as well. It has made quoting projects simple & fast.
  • Information from site visits is easily accessible.
  • Workflow is easy to use
  • Tech support
This program has eliminated so many "estimate not givens" on site. It has streamlined the process for our techs in order to help us provide our customers with estimates as quickly as possible for repairs.
Construction Project & Field Management (15)
82.66666666666667%
Job costing
Cost databases
Cost calculator
Bid creation
Human Resource Management (6)
Employee demographic data
Employment history
Job profiles and administration
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Organization and location management
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management (7)
45.71428571428571%
4.6
Pay calculation
10.0
Support for external payroll vendors
6.0
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Reimbursement management
Asset Management (1)
Tracking of all physical assets
Reporting & Analytics (4)
9.5
Dashboards
Standard reports
Custom reports
Data exportability
10.0
  • Our sales went from $80,000 to $150,000.00 in a matter of a few months.
We have also used BidClips. I find that Advantage gave us more flexibility with custom estimates & report tracking.
Incentivized
Our company uses Advantage for everything including timekeeping and reporting, project management, project trafficking, billing and all sorts of other back-office functions. It's the central nervous system that helps our company operate smoothly and efficiently. My experience, however, is limited to timekeeping and reporting and project management. I do work closely with other parts of the company that use it for the variety of other functions listed above.
  • Timekeeping. While there are many other products that do this well in a vacuum, the way it integrates with the other functions is outstanding.
  • Project management. Opening new jobs, filling out creative briefs and trafficking projects is fairly easy and the options are robust.
  • Reporting. In particular, running time reports is a simple process that's both intuitive and effective.
  • Advantage is hugely cumbersome. There are hundreds of functions I will never use, and that I'm not sure anyone else in the organization uses.
  • The user interface could be better. Every time there's an update, there's a small but definitive learning curve.
Any integrated agency (more than just a single-discipline agency) that's looking for a one-stop shop to manage all aspects of running the business would do well to consider Advantage as the single-source tool to do it all. Single-discipline agencies could probably find a less robust tool that's equally as effective for tracking and reporting.
Construction Project & Field Management (11)
64.54545454545455%
Human Resource Management
Payroll Management
Asset Management
Reporting & Analytics
  • Advantage has everything to do with our company's ability to run an effective back office.
  • When you have a company that does a wide variety of concurrent projects, you need a great tool to manage it all. Advantage does that for us.
  • As I am unfamiliar with the pricing model (I'm not a member of the team that negotiates this particular product), I can't provide any true ROI from an overall business perspective.
I was not a member of the team that made the decision about whether to use Advantage, so I can't provide this level of context. I can say that I've evaluated other solutions in the past and Advantage is a far more robust product than any of the others. As a user, I can say that it's been very easy to use and I have not found a single function I needed that it couldn't deliver for me.