Reviews (1-2 of 2)
April 11, 2014
Score 6 out of 10
Our Senior Manager of Digital Development and Online Marketing Coordinator at the Toronto Symphony Orchestra work together to manage our website content using Agility CMS. I am more of a casual user, uploading content such as media releases and photos to a certain area of the website 1-3 times per month.
- The ability to use both WYSIWYG and HTML to format content on the website
- The ability to take a webpage down from public viewing, without deleting content
- The filing system and search function are often difficult to navigate. Finding a file that I've uploaded isn't always easy to locate in Agility CMS
- The WYSIWYG content manager isn't always intuitive. I often have to go directly into HTML editing to resolve line spacing problems
Read Jill Angelstad's full review
I think Agility CMS would be a good fit for a medium-sized organization with uncomplicated web features.
January 11, 2016
Score 7 out of 10
Our Agility CMS instance is managed by our marketing department to simplify management of our web presence, including multi-language websites. Agility CMS provides easy content cloning between languages to maintain the website hierarchy across languages and help our team track which of our web pages have been localized and which are still pending.
- File management within the CMS is extremely helpful as a hosting/uploading tool local to our web pages and content.
- Ability to clone web page content across mutli-language websites takes only a few clicks, and translation can be performed easily based on default English content.
- Ability to post shared content and link content to categories for easy organization of content on the web - post once, and serve the content up on the live site in multiple places.
- Simplification of uploading files would be ideal - where all files are located in the Media & Documents section rather than uploaded directly to Shared Content modules. One home for all files helps us keep track of what is uploaded and what is not.
- Better copy/paste handling of content from external programs (cleaning Word document formatting, etc.), similar to handling by Word Press and other simplified CMS would be helpful.
- Greater control over global content such as headers/footers, multi-language implementation, etc., would allow our developers more flexibility and reduce our time coordinating with Agility support and using BOH.
Read this authenticated review
Agility is well suited for companies that want a balance of control and support. For major global site updates, these can be handled by Agility's support team, while minimal changes and updates can be performed autonomously by the company's own staff with ease. For companies that are interested in flexibility to reconstruct site structure or major global facelifts, Agility is less ideal because these changes must be handled and paid for through Agility support.
Agility CMS Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Agility CMS
The Basic pricing plan gets 5 users basic content management features for $250 per month. For $550 per month the Pro package doubles the number of users with access and provides multi-channel, mult-language support, site search powered by Google, multi-site management, and support for external hosting. The Enterprise pack gains 25 users all the features of the lower tiers as well as load-balanced web server support for $1000 per month.
Categories: Content Management
Agility CMS Technical Details