Ahrefs Reviews

April 09, 2021
Mike Koolwijk | TrustRadius Reviewer
In the beginning we used Ahrefs a lot for link building, but by time they kept adding other tools making it [one] of the [most] complete SEO tools on the market. We mainly use it in our team of online marketers to check for opportunities in keywords and backlinks.

The main future we use is the "site explorer" With [one] click you see the overall performance of a page (also competition). Their backlinks, traffic, ranking score and many more. By seeing this data you can look for new backlinks from this list, by checking broken links or outdated links.

With this we can do quick and easy analyses on competitions and their link profiles, or existing link profiles.
  • Great filtering options
  • Big updated index data is all fresh
  • Fast competition keywords
  • Speed, sometimes when scanning big sites it can be really slow
  • Outdated look and feel on some parts (but hey you have great functions)
  • It tend to be overwhelming for new users or people new to SEO (but based by price this is also a more advanced tool)
  • Rank tracking is not that great only every 7 days on a lite plan...
This is a complete tool but [Ahrefs] can also be a complex tool. I tend to let coworkers use it but [it] never goes without some explaining to do. There is plenty of info on the internet and in their on website/blogs. We also mainly use it for link building, and use other tools for research on keywords and reporting ranks to customers, where this tool comes short.

After using multiple tools over a period of time and the functionality you might need there might be some better tools on the market function wise and price wise.
Read Mike Koolwijk's full review
April 06, 2021
Alex Panagiotopoulos | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it mainly as an SEO practitioner, a content creator, and as a client manager. It helps me track some overall, big-picture metrics for how different client websites are performing. It helps me research content ideas. It helps me monitor if competitors are doing anything noteworthy. And it helps me perform link outreach and prospect for opportunities on the behalf of clients. It also helps me manage our own web presence.
  • Metrics
  • Link prospecting
  • Content creation ideas
  • Online community
  • Price (I'd always love if they could slash a little off the top)
  • The social share counts are wonky
It's a great tool to help someone learn the ropes of SEO. Obviously it's not a be-all end-all; you shouldn't solely be looking to boost your metrics in Ahrefs; you should be tracking KPIs that are more centrally-tied to a business. But it does help provide a structural framework for understanding why one website is outranking another, or how you can do certain things; like figure out what pieces of content actually attracted links, find out who's linked to who, and prospect for people to ask for links.
Read Alex Panagiotopoulos's full review
March 18, 2020
Kenny King | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ahrefs Site Explorer is being used to do in depth keyword research for new content. Our company uses the Keyword Difficulty score to decide what content should be written for our site that will rank in search engines and bring in targeted traffic. We also use it for its extensive backlink database to keep track of new links and look at competitor's links to stay ahead of the game for SEO.
  • Backlink checker - Ahrefs has a huge database of links and will help you keep track of new links and research competitor's links.
  • Keyword research - Finding keywords is the most important step in any SEO campaign. Ahrefs will help you find the perfect keyword to rank in Google.
  • Google features - Ahrefs is one of the best tools to find Google Features, included Featured Snippets, Knowledge Panels and more. See what features your site triggers in Google as well as which you competitors trigger.
  • Traffic stats are always slightly off. I know it's impossible to get perfect stats, but closer to actual stats would be a great feature.
  • Internal link opportunities. While Ahrefs has an internal link report, a nice feature would be suggestions for internal links, similar to their Top Pages feature, but for internal links.
  • More filters on referring domains report. Our company uses the referring domains report every day. Having more filters would help us determine which links are moving the needle more accurately.
Ahrefs is perfect for anyone starting an SEO campaign, or anyone well into an SEO campaign. Unless you have an established site that is ranking for all your target keywords, Ahrefs is a vital tool to help you find high quality backlinks and targeted keywords that your site can rank for and bring in high converting traffic.
Ahrefs has always been responsive when there's been a technical issue with the site. There are usually very little problems, but if there are, they announce it on their social media accounts which keeps its customers informed. Email support is prompt and the customer service people are very helpful, knowledgable and friendly.
Read Kenny King's full review
February 05, 2020
Deanna Rivera | TrustRadius Reviewer
The key to optimizing a website for search is keywords and Ahrefs is an amazing tool for researching the best keywords and which websites are currently ranking well for each potential keyword. We get instant information on traffic, difficulty, click through and value and can easily compare to additional potential keywords. This tool saves time and frustration and is a broader measure than anything Google provides.
  • Keyword research.
  • Content planning.
  • Less costly team accounts.
  • Better integration of education within the tool.
Ahrefs is well suited for anyone developing websites, blogging, or needing to attract more traffic. It is also good for researching keywords for adwords. It is not well suited for anyone who does not have a good foundational grasp of search optimization.
Read Deanna Rivera's full review
January 31, 2020
Sanjit Mandal | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ahrefs Site Explorer is great to dig deep into backlinks for all websites (new and lost), checking anchor texts, referring domains, you can do traffic research, keyword research, competitive research to see how the competition is going. There is also a paid traffic tool too, not one I use often, but you can research paid advertising too.
  • Backlink analysis
  • Sharing client projects
  • More than one user at the advanced plan
The keyword and backlink research data is invaluable. You can look up detailed backlink data for any website out there, their top keywords, top landing pages, you get keyword volume data and it will all help to build powerful marketing strategies.
If a site needs to learn about their competition and figure out what kinds of content to write, they can use the keyword research tool.
I have not used it much, but when I had, I have received an email reply in a timely manner.
Read Sanjit Mandal's full review
January 30, 2020
Jake Tully | TrustRadius Reviewer
In terms of tackling new marketing projects, Ahrefs has been invaluable in saving the marketing department a great deal of time and effort. Ahrefs allows us to focus in on specifics, such as which keywords we can target and which websites we can potentially partner with. The site also focuses on larger-scale issues such as our overall web ranking and how competitive we are in the online marketing sphere.
  • It's easy to use for those uninitiated with web rankings.
  • It provides powerful, easy to use reporting.
  • Better integration with Google Analytics.
  • A more comprehensive offering of web traffic stats.
When launching marketing projects, such as blogging or creating white pages for content across my company's sites, Ahrefs was indispensable as an ally in helping my team target certain keywords and phrases. For a team that I lead that was consistently working on a greater SEO presence across multiple keywords within a specific industry, Ahrefs was an ally that constantly provided new information and ideas for how to create more meaningful and effective content. Ahrefs also gave us a general understanding of our overall web ranking within our industry and beyond, allowing us to create realistic goals for our team.
The ahrefs team was always helpful, thoughtful and intuitive whenver we had an issue with the site. Issues with the site have rarely come up, therefore a majority of the contact with the customer support team has been ahrefs reps helping new users walk through the site, giving users advice on how to best use the software.
Read Jake Tully's full review
January 06, 2020
Maddy Osman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Ahrefs Site Explorer to do research around link building, guest posting, and even just to see how my own website is doing in the world of SEO. Site Explorer shares stats regarding a website's domain rating, which can be useful for determining how to proceed with various SEO tasks. This benchmark metric also helps to inform how effectively you can rank for a given keyword you're trying to optimize for. It also provides valuable data regarding how many backlinks a website has and where they're coming from — which can be useful from a competitor research standpoint.
  • Competitor research around backlinks.
  • Finding high-authority websites for placing guest posts and backlinks.
  • Explain why data is missing when not available.
  • Help users understand when backlinks should be considered as spam.
I primarily use Ahrefs Site Explorer for determining whether or not a website is worth going after for guest posts, expert roundup participation, and other backlink placement activities. It's a great tool for seeing a bunch of related data in one dashboard. It works with other Ahrefs tools for an all-in-one solution for SEO. It's hard to think of a related situation where Site Explorer wouldn't be useful — I think it's important to go in understanding what it's best used for (backlink building).
Ahrefs shares a lot of useful free content for maximizing and finding new uses for their tools. They are very connected to their userbase and always interested in finding ways to make their tool better (including soliciting opinions).
Read Maddy Osman's full review
February 18, 2020
Ahrefs Site Explorer is an SEO tool that helps users like me analyze and improve search engine visibility by providing backlink profiles, including referring domains, keywords driving traffic, and the value of that traffic. It bridges the gap between on-page and off-page SEO, connecting the dots between my site's content and the links that have been built to my site.
  • Backlink profile
  • Organic search reporting
  • UI is busy
Ahrefs Site Explorer is a solid choice for SEO teams, both in-house and agency teams, who want to understand how their sites—and their competitors' sites—are performing in search. Good for finding new SEO opportunities. It's not an "all-in-one" tool, so expect to use it alongside other tools you may already be using for monitoring, reporting, and optimization.
I never had to contact customer support.
February 25, 2020
We use Ahrefs on a daily basis, to keep track of all our rankings, to create product descriptions that are SEO friendly and as a general guide for all our search engine optimization data. It is also very useful to optimize blog articles and to target specific keywords that have traffic volume.
  • The UR and DR Index are great to measure how the SEO efforts are playing out on a per page (or product) basis.
  • The keywords movement report is very useful as it helps to understand areas that need improvement.
  • I wish they included more than just the first 20 keyword rank positions in their basic monthly plan.
Ahrefs is a great tool to have a vision into what is happening and what can be done to improve the SEO rankings. I have tried other tools like SEMRush, but I find Ahrefs a lot easier to use and to make sense of the data. The SEO Toolbar is a wonderful tool as it allows a quickview into any webpage or search as I browse.
Their customer support is excellent, they address my concerns in a speedy manner. I have only contacted them by email, and I always get a reply or answer to my question a few hours or sooner after I send the request.
I am very happy with their customer service, I have no complaints.
October 08, 2019
Patricio A. Quiroz | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ahrefs site explorer has been a great tool for me in my link-building efforts. I love the ability to spy on your competitors to see what they are doing and where they are getting links to give you ideas for strategies. We use it in our digital marketing department for a variety of tactics. I use it for backlink analysis, competitor research, and keyword research. We also use the "content explorer" tool to find a variety of industry topics that we can blog about. It addresses a number of business problems, such as giving us that competitive edge over our competitors. It allows us to collect and gather different types of data in order to design an effective SEO and Marketing campaigns. It provides us with the data we need to continue growing our domain ranking and rank higher in the SERPS.
  • The Backlink Tool from Ahrefs is great; you can see who your competitors are linking to and how they are receiving those backlinks.
  • The site explorer is great to do an overall analysis of your competitors, from checking their domain ranking to keywords they rank for.
  • The content explorer is great for finding popular topics in your industry to brainstorm ideas for articles and guest posts.
  • Domain ranking changes over time.
  • Ads receiving the most traffic.
  • More filters for backlink profile.
It is great for competitor analysis and back-link building.
They offer help and support for many of there features.
Read Patricio A. Quiroz's full review
July 13, 2019
Kevin Bossons | TrustRadius Reviewer
At my agency, we use Ahref in a number of key areas. The first and most obvious area is backlink research. I've used other competitors like Majestic and Moz (oftentimes together), and time and time again the quantitive amount of backlink data and new links picked up was always much better within Ahrefs. We'll use Ahrefs to dig into client and competitor websites to find links, content, and relationship opportunities. We'll use it to a lesser extent on the sales side to identify the current state of our target client website, compared to major competitors. A quick domain comparison report reveals quite a bit of information! Finally, our content creation staff use the content explorer for topics already being shared on social media. We actually dropped a few tools due to all of the features Ahrefs offers.
  • Backlink research.
  • Content topic/popularity research.
  • Site audits.
  • Like any "swiss army" sort of solution, there may be individual things other platforms do better.
I use Ahrefs for organic search campaign keyword research (content explorer), competitor research using the link intelligence and domain comparison tools, and finally, for client and competitor audits using the audit tool. Ahrefs is one of the few tools I rely on to power much of my strategy and planning effort alongside Google search queries. It's a well-rounded suite of tools that I find a lot of value in at the different stages of planning and implementation of marketing campaigns. I don't use the rank tracker, I have other tools that gather keyword data for much cheaper.
Read Kevin Bossons's full review
June 28, 2019
Andrew Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer
When we decided to focus our efforts around SEO, we explored several options for our SEO toolkit. Ahrefs continually came up as the best solution in a crowded market. We use it to track our SEO progress, plan content and keyword targeting, and to monitor backlinks to our site. It's our bag of tricks for making sure we're making good progress with our SEO efforts.
  • Great web-crawling and site-crawling features.
  • Link building seems to be their specialty, and tracking and monitoring backlinks is excellent with Ahrefs.
  • It's an all-in-one solution, with plenty of tools for SEO work, eliminating the need for additional tools.
  • Complexity. Ahrefs is great & powerful, but not always the easiest to understand. You have to know what you're doing to get real value.
  • There's variable tool quality. As with any all-in-one solution, the quality of each individual tool varies. I'd highly recommend the trial to figure out if Ahrefs will fit your specific needs.
  • Price. It's just a little on the high side, as the "Lite" plan is fairly limited, and the next plan up is almost double the cost. There are certainly more affordable options out there, but you often get what you pay for with these things.
Ahrefs is well-suited for anyone looking for a powerful all-in-one solution for their SEO needs, particularly if you come to them with some existing knowledge or expertise. They have great content to help teach users how to use their product, but it isn't as simple or easy to use as some other SEO tools.
Ahrefs wouldn't be great for the overly conscious, or for people who are just getting started with SEO. There are other well-known players in the space that could better fill that role.
Read Andrew Clark's full review
May 21, 2019
Chris Kirksey | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Ahrefs Site Explorer for fixing issues on current client websites mainly. It provides a wonderful overview of every aspect of a website, including the SEO aspect. I haven't come by a more in-depth website audit tool and love how we can connect/verify ownership of the website in order to change how quickly the site can be scanned.
  • I love how the Ahrefs Site Explorer has the content breakdown so that you can analyze each pages content quality and word count.
  • How it checks resources such as images, Javascript and CSS are really useful.
  • The way you can create a to-do list of fixes is awesome.
  • no cons
It's great for when you launch a new website and need to check if you missed anything during the launch since it's so in depth.
Read Chris Kirksey's full review
June 07, 2019
I used Ahrefs for a number of years within a large scale online real estate site. I now use it as part of consulting engagements. Ahrefs allows marketing professionals, particularly SEO professionals, to see competitor backlinks. In this regard, it's also incredibly useful for content marketing idea generation, as well as PR outreach.
  • Competitor backlink research
  • Competitor keyword position research
  • Easy exporting of all search results to Excel or CSV files
  • Somewhat epensive for small orgs/one man teams
  • Site can run very slowly when you get deep into link results
Well suited for SEO teams looking to mimic or beat competitors in organic search rankings. Backlinks are a big driver of this success. Also well suited for PR teams looking to see where competitors were mentioned in online news outlets.

Not well suited for those without at least a basic understanding of digital marketing.
February 13, 2019
Nathan Sichilongo | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Ahrefs Site Explorer to manage our website search engine marketing efforts and manage our SEO campaigns. I manage multiple online properties and need to keep up with ranking performance and SEO trends to ensure that we can continue to capture leads and get business from search engines. Ahrefs is used specifically by the digital marketing team.
  • Crawl link depth is probably the best feature of Ahrefs. Being able to crawl more sites means that users have access to more data than the nearest SEO link competitor. Crawl depth is important for good SEO and Ahrefs checks that box off with a bold mark!
  • Ahrefs has many tools you can use. Site explorer, keyword explorer, content explorer, rank tracker, site audit checker tools and more just to name a few. While I personally do not use most of the tools available, its good to know that they are available to use when needed. The depth of tools makes this the swiss army knife for SEO professionals.
  • Ahrefs allows you to keep track of your site links, rankings, and keywords with a 15-minute delayed-crawl rate. This means you can keep track of changes and monitor sites closer to real-time than you would with other tools. In the SEO world, that is as close to perfection as it gets. I have tried several other SEO management tools and Ahrefs beats them at this.
  • Ahrefs pricing is fair, but honestly it is a put off for smaller SEO teams. If there was a smaller package that would allow SEOs to have access to core tools and then pay more for other tools (as needed), it would make more sense.
  • Despite giving you access to multiple tools, Ahrefs Site Explorer does not allow you to use them simultaneously. This is rather odd as one may want to get a report for a site while monitoring the keywords for the same site. It would be easier if the tools were linked in some way and could be used in sync it would be helpful
  • A mobile app would be nice! There are countless times I have wanted to use Ahrefs on the go, and having to log in on a laptop is not always ideal. The basic functions can easily be included in a mobile app that can be made available to users.
If you have been doing SEO for a few years, Ahrefs is a step up from other tools. Since it provides so many tools that most SEO professionals use on a daily basis under one account, it can easily be the go-to for an advanced SEO. Some scenarios where Ahrefs is well suited would include:
1) Site audits and backlink profiling.
2) Content marketing and research.
3) Keyword research and planning.
While Ahrefs is good for keeping track of rankings (with its legendary crawl depth), if that is all you want to do, you may want to look at some cheaper options.
Read Nathan Sichilongo's full review
January 01, 2019
Tim Colling | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Ahrefs for a wide variety of analytical purposes: client positioning and standings analysis, competitor analysis, keyword research and more. It contains a diverse set of powerful analytical tools for SEO and other online marketing tasks. For us, it replaced several competing products.
  • Backlinks reporting and analysis: does this at least as well as, and probably better than, Majestic.
  • Linking domains reporting and analysis: does this better than Majestic.
  • Keyword research: powerful and insightful tools for analyzing and selecting keywords for marketing campaigns.
  • Ahrefs does not have a feature similar to the Topical tagging in Majestic. Adding that would be a big improvement.
  • Pricing: Ahrefs is just plain *expensive* compared to competing products.
It just does the most important tasks better than anyone else.
Read Tim Colling's full review
November 30, 2018
Ari Roth | TrustRadius Reviewer
My company is a reputation management agency focusing on Google search results. As such, SEO diagnostics are part of our jobs. When a result moves up or down significantly, it's important that we be able to identify a source of the movement if one exists. Ahrefs, at the time of purchase, had the best link index of the other tools we considered (Majestic & Moz).
  • Historical backlink indexing
  • Fresh / new backlink indexing
  • Relevant data on broken links / top pages to fix up
  • Anchor text data
  • I found it difficult to navigate which version of the data I'm looking at - exact URL, prefix, full domain w/ or w/o subdomains. I'd like this to be selected in the initial search rather than being automatically selected for you and then allowing you to change it (if you even realized it was an issue to begin with).
  • I'd love if there was a URL / domain ranking over time graph like there is for new / lost links. This way, it's not just a counting metric, but a metric on impact. I'd need to know that we lost 1 authoritative news media link more than I need to know that we lost 5-10 spammy scraper links from dark corners of the internet.
  • I'd love impactful alerts for link metrics as alluded to in the previous bullet. Meaning, I don't want to only find out we lost an important link when I see the rankings drop - I want to know about it when it happens for faster processing of the fix (if one exists).
The link tracking is great, but we need to test out Moz's new index as well to determine if they have bridged the gap. For organic keywords, I haven't used it in depth, but my feeling has been that SEMrush has more comprehensive data in this area. I could be wrong about that though.
Read Ari Roth's full review
July 30, 2018
Joshua Titsworth | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Ahrefs to identify backlink opportunities, compare competitor metrics and we also use it to get an understand of the links gained/lost over a certain period of time. It allows us to quickly identify issues and action items when going over quick metrics on sales calls. Typically only the outreach/social media department uses Ahrefs, however should a penalty be suspected our technical SEOs will run a few reports.
  • Their backlink database is still one of the most up to date we've seen when compared to similar tools.
  • The user interface is very intuitive and easy to learn.
  • They provide you with a lot of great information and the ability to set a date range can really help you narrow things down.
  • Anchor text alert notifications for a specific domain would be nice to have.
  • Would also be nice to set a specific client domain and then be able to pick 5 competitor sites to compare it to instead of entering in the client site and then 4 competitors to compare.
  • Adding emails to forward the exports to from running a report would be good too.
This is a very comprehensive tool in terms of ability and information it provides. While it won't give you every link a site has, it will give you most of them and will provide you with the most up to date link information for any site compared to all of the other link crawl providers.
Read Joshua Titsworth's full review
August 27, 2018
JC Matthews | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ahrefs is being used by my organization to obtain backlinks from new sites, as well as track the backlinks our competitors obtain and try to get those links as well. We also use Ahrefs to track our specific rankings for keywords and to identify the keywords we might need to give a small amount of love to before we can start ranking on page one of Google.

It solves a solid amount of problems, it helps you understand where the value is coming from in regards to your traffic and also allows you to check the specific search volumes of keywords. It is a master tool.
  • Keyword Tracking - This is awesome because if you have specific keywords you want to rank for, Ahrefs has an awesome tracking tool that allows you to track just those keywords.
  • Site Audit - This is a new feature and it works wonders, this will help you to see if there are any on-page seo issues with your site like load speeds or redirects that go into a never ending loop.
  • Keyword Research - This feature allows you to check Keyword Difficulty, Cost Per Click and Volume of keywords. This is a great tool for researching what to write about.
  • Backlink Checker - Ahrefs updates almost daily with new backlink data so you are able to get a clear picture of who is linking back to you.
  • Depending on your plan, how often your Keyword Rankings Update and the amount of times you can search domains are limited, if they could increase this number it would be great.
If you are new to SEO it is probably not the best tool for you to start out with, because you might get overwhelmed. Ahrefs is best for someone who has a plan and understands the importance of the product for building links and for building SEO. If you need to write new content, Ahrefs should be a part of it. If you need to update old content, Ahrefs should be a part of it.
Read JC Matthews's full review
August 23, 2018
Caleb Kingston | TrustRadius Reviewer
This is being used in our marketing agency as our primary reporting tool for all things SEO and some paid advertising efforts. The ability to easily see website rankings, how many backlinks, and any website errors or issues at a bird's-eye view is excellent. And we're able to drill into even more detail than we need.
  • Site auditing tool. This finds (thousands) of issues for us and makes it easy for us to understand how to fix them to improve search engine rankings.
  • Organic Rankings. Being able to see number of websites and pages linking to ours and view exactly who is linking and what links got broken or lost is a great way to keep the link building growth healthy.
  • The keyword research tool is AMAZING! This is a huge influencing tool when talking to future potential clients. We're able to show them generally where they are against their competitors and how we can outrank them.
  • Honestly, I'm having a hard time finding cons. I guess the price increase in switching plans, I find a little steep. Maybe there should be more plans in between what they have but even thought it's been a bit much, we've still found it worth it.
Whether you are a company looking to increase your own traffic and measure how your website is doing or an agency. This tool is suited for both and has plans that work for both.

If you are a marketing agency, I don't think there's any other way to go. We've used about 4 or 5 other tools before because they all did some things better than the others. When we switched to Ahrefs, we unsubscribed to ALL of the others because Ahrefs was the only tool powerful enough in each area. Site auditing, organic overviews, keyword research, keyword ranking reports, competitor analysis.. the list goes on!
Read Caleb Kingston's full review
November 28, 2018
Anshul Chawla | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ahref helps in searching the various details about the website in a search engine optimisation specialist or search engine optimisation analyst's perspective. Its helps you to mine out various details like the linking domains and the information regarding the external linking, organic, social and paid search and traffic about the website, most keywords searched and used by a website, its DA, PA ranking, broken links and various other rich features and tools it has. I think it is one of the best tool available for digital marketer and SEO professional. But it does not have the real time information. it tells about the over-all information. and somewhat it is a bit expensive for a small business or small company. Overall it is highly recommendable.
  • Information regarding the internal and external linking of a website.
  • broken links in a website
  • source and medium of incoming traffic on a website
  • DA ranking, PA ranking, spam score etc,
  • no real time information
  • less of accuracy
  • high price
It is best for big companies and businesses, to get some data and information about their competitors, analyze data, and build out strategies to get more traffic by through different sources and mediums. Small companies and business don't required it much as it is expensive and they do not have need for much of its usage.
Read Anshul Chawla's full review
September 14, 2018
Dragan Nikolic | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Ahrefs for link building and finding new content marketing opportunities. It is being used by the whole marketing department in various ways; some use it for finding new and valuable link prospects, while the content marketing team uses its keyword research tools for optimizing textual content.

• Link auditing
  • Offsite marketing
  • Content marketing
  • Website auditing
  • Onsite SEO
  • PPC optimization
Ahrefs is suitable for SMBs, but also marketing agencies. Their dashboard makes it very easy to track and see offsite positive or negative trends of the websites. Links are still the number one ranking factor, so it's good to have the number one SEO tools when it comes to the index vastness.

It is costly, but it takes SEO to another level, so it's good to have it at your disposal.
Read Dragan Nikolic's full review
February 07, 2018
Erica Figueiredo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Ahrefs on the marketing team to gain insights not only into our own site, but our competitors and other sites as well. They provide great insight into site traffic and backlinks. They also have an excellent tool for keyword research that we have utilized as well.
  • In-depth look into site traffic and analytics
  • Site audits
  • N/A
I think this tool is appropriate for any scenario. Its a great business tool for anyone to learn more about how their site is performing (as well as compare to competitors) to see where improvements can be made.
Read Erica Figueiredo's full review
April 13, 2017
Mark Vital | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ahrefs has the biggest database of backlinks that I know. Minimalistic interface and lot of cool features make it really useful tool. We used it to track content of our blog Funders and Founders, for our new product Adioma. We even made the infographic based on Ahrefs dataset, using number of back-links and referring domains, as counted by Ahrefs. For each top English-language media website in the world, we found the most shared articles using Ahrefs Content Explorer. I used to use Yahoo Site Explorer and Google Webmaster Tools for tracking links, but Ahrefs makes it much easier and useful. Highly recommend to everyone who is growing their website audience.
  • Sorting by Domain Ratings, Number Of Links, FB Shares
  • Tracking Backlinks
  • I'd love to see more filters, to exclude sites like Google+ and Skoop.it
Great for tracking your web popularity over time and discovering who mentioned you.
Read Mark Vital's full review
July 18, 2017
Tomas Kolafa | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ahrefs is a phenomenal tool for getting competitive intelligence regarding traffic, backlinks and other elements of online marketing.
  • Keyword research
  • Backlink profile of your competitors
  • Overview of an opportunity for a specific market niche
  • More data for relevancy
Ahrefs is very helpful for understanding an online presence of your competitor's website.
Read Tomas Kolafa's full review

Keyword analysis (46)
Backlink management (48)
SERP ranking tracking (45)
Page grader (43)
Competitive analysis (47)
Site audit / diagnostics (43)
Site recommendations (42)
Task management (23)
6.7
Local SEO (35)
Social SEO (35)
Mobile SEO (31)
Global SEO (37)
Multi-domain support (40)
Integration with web analytics tools (30)

What is Ahrefs?

Ahrefs is a software company that develops online SEO tools and free educational materials for marketing professionals.

Ahrefs all-in-one SEO toolset can help users with:
  • Competitor research: unveil competitor's organic keywords, backlink strategies and PPC keywords
  • Link Building: find the strongest backlink opportunities in a niche
  • Keyword Research: get maximum relevant keyword ideas and see how hard it would be to rank
  • Website Audit: find what SEO issues a website has and learn how to fix them
    Content Research: discover the most popular content on any topic and find the best ideas for content
  • Rank Tracking: track search rankings along with competitors'
  • Mentions Monitoring: get email alerts every time a brand is mentioned online.
The vendor states the Ahrefs database has 8 billion keywords and 421 billion indexed pages, and that this enables Ahrefs is able to provide maximum data and accuracy to its users.