Airtable Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Adam Farrell profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Airtable combines the simplicity of a spreadsheet with the possibilities that come with a database, all within one tool. We have chosen it after a short evaluation. It is incredibly easy to use after a short training, making it a great tool compared to the typical spreadsheet-based apps.
Read Adam Farrell's full review
Brian Chung profile photo
August 09, 2019

Free is always good

Alternatives Considered

Airtable is better because it has a free version. Free is always good for me. The others require payment. I don't like monday at all. Basecamp and Teamwork have been fair comparisons, but there isn't a free version that we can use. Overall, Airtable is still pretty good for the needs we have as a business.
Read Brian Chung's full review
Jake Schlingman profile photo

Alternatives Considered

ProductPlan works to a point but it is entirely roadmap/timeline based. In our profession timelines and priorities are constantly shifting and changing and the roadmap lead to some false expectations around when things were happening. Additionally, it was very hard to group things together effectively for roll up from epic to mission to theme. Overall, I feel that airtable does a much better job meeting our specific needs.
Read Jake Schlingman's full review
Raphael Sanguinete profile photo

Alternatives Considered

As of other integrated databases softwares we used, we also use Notion.so to write and manage wikis for our projects. I've tested many other softwares that are similar to Airtable, like Coda, Fieldbook and Excel itself. Airtable has the better user interface and experience from them all and Airtable is very well coded, with everything happening lightning fast.
Read Raphael Sanguinete's full review
Ricardo Jose Correia D'lucas profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Wrike is a very good platform for project management, however, it focuses more on marketing work which is not negligible, but for us it has worked better to manage with Airtable because it is made to manage projects using the primary information of the company that is none other than the database of our customers and our products, so we plan and manage better.
Read Ricardo Jose Correia D'lucas's full review
Elissa Bernstein profile photo

Alternatives Considered

I have used Excel and Google Sheets in the past. Both are great spreadsheet software, but Airtable is unique in that it is both a spreadsheet app and a database. As a result, Airtable doesn't have all of the spreadsheet functionality of Excel, but in many other ways offers more flexibility and capabilities. I use pretty basic spreadsheets, so Airtable is great for me. I love the way Airtable looks, so it's become my go-to.
Read Elissa Bernstein's full review

Alternatives Considered

The other software I have used in a similar way would be excel or google sheets. Both allow collaboration in a spreadsheet or table format, but neither compares to Airtable at all. Airtable is easier to collaborate on and present. It is easier to teach and share and easier to store a variety of information in.

Alternatives Considered

Airtable is much more user friendly than Smartsheet in my opinion. Though Smartsheet has a lot of functionality as well, it comes off as cold and technical. Airtable is fun to use, and kind of addicting to be completely honest. I've also tried Sheets instead of Airtable, but nothing has matched up.

Alternatives Considered

Airtable allows us to schedule out our planned social media posts for months at a time at no cost to our company. This is a distinct advantage over social media-specific tools we have used in the past. Currently, we use Airtable to plan our posts and Buffer to push them through to our three social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Alternatives Considered

I have not used any tools similar to Airtable. With its wide functionality and plethora of tools, I don't see a reason why I would use another project when Airtable works just fine for myself and my company. The entire team uses it and uses it well, so I do not think we will be using any other similar software anytime soon.

Alternatives Considered

Airtable was the preference of choice of the client we were working with so there wasn't much we could. However, internally we still utilized other options as Airtable was very cumbersome to use and took a while to find what you were looking for. The interface wasn't very easy to navigate or clean.

Alternatives Considered

I haven't tried any other software but a close competitor could be Firebase database in our case as it also helps prototyping products easier. I'm not naware of any other products that could do a similar thing like airtable.

Alternatives Considered

When using SQL database, there was no simple way to create tables and fields. It took time and a dedicated database administrator to take care of the database and updates.
For Airtable, you can easily create tables and fields. Tables can be deployed within minutes. Data can be copied and pasted easily like Excel. Different views can then be created for different purposes.

Alternatives Considered

The most similar tool we have used for this purpose is Microsoft Excel, and Airtable is so much easier to use than Excel. Instead of figuring out how to write a formula, create a custom list, or any other process that would allow Excel to do things like tag rows or link to other records, in Airtable we simply choose an option from a list, and that task is already done. We can also easily collaborate on bases without having to create a shared Excel document on a network drive, which is notoriously tricky. Airtable allows us to get to work on our projects without a lot of administrative overhead.

Alternatives Considered

Asana can somewhat be used for this purpose as you can track clients by making each of these subtasks. However, you will not be able to compile all of these on one sheet like in Airtable. With the latter, we can download this as a CSV file and analyze it in Excel or put it in our database.
Tyler Collum profile photo

Alternatives Considered

As a whole, we elected to fully implement Airtable because of the vast amount of features and access controls for each user. Also, each user can create their own base and tie each one to the main Airtable base so teams can take an even deeper look into each project (with permissions set to do so). Hands down, Airtable blew Asana out of the water. It is intuitive and required virtually no training. Trello was just not what we were looking for.
Read Tyler Collum's full review
Shirley Hickey profile photo

Alternatives Considered

I trialed around 7 products, which include 4 education products and 3 online products at least. I can't remember all of the pros and cons as it was a couple of years ago and I am now upgrading from a free plan to a paid one. Suffice to say, Airtable beat all of them hands down, for ease of use and flexibility.
Read Shirley Hickey's full review

Task Management (164)
Resource Management (158)
Gantt Charts (62)
Scheduling (134)
Workflow Automation (111)
Team Collaboration (178)
Support for Agile Methodology (82)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (55)
Document Management (137)
Email integration (87)
Mobile Access (155)
Timesheet Tracking (67)
Change request and Case Management (80)
Budget and Expense Management (98)

About Airtable

Airtable is a collaboration platform designed to empower 30,000+ companies for content pipelines, product management, events planning, user research, and more.

The vendor’s value proposition is with the friendly interface, customizable grid, calendar, form, and stacked card views, and a fully flexible structure, Airtable empowers users to build workflows that work the way they want.

Airtable Features

Has featureBudget and Expense Management
Professional Services Automation Features
Does not have featureQuotes/estimates
Does not have featureInvoicing
Does not have featureProject & financial reporting
Does not have featureIntegration with accounting software

Airtable Screenshots