Reviews (1-1 of 1)
January 28, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
Akamai Ion is the product name for Akamai's Content Delivery Network services. This enables you to push your content closer to the end users requesting web pages from your web site, thus decreasing time-to-first-byte, reducing round-trip requests and improving performance for the user. We use it on all of the web sites.
- Ease of management with good UI for making rules and behaviors.
- There is also an API and Code integration for the advanced Dev-Ops team to use as well.
- The learning curve on using a CDN is steep and requires class time. The initial onboarding and integration with the business' DevOps teams should be a bit closer relationship.
- Global vs. Regional management can be a bit challenging if your account is centralized overseas, and you want a local time-zone account manager on your time.
Read this authenticated review
- Akamai Ion is excellent if you have the staff to manage the configurations and understand how best to leverage its benefits amidst ongoing Dev work without getting in their way. You'll have to communicate consistently on what the CDN does and does not do as well as drive knowledge sharing sessions on expected behavior or unexpected behavior to help reduce unnecessary troubleshooting from your IT and Dev teams when tickets/issues arise.
- Akamai Ion is best suited for well equipped and well informed IT or Marketing teams that can leverage the delivery benefits of caching and offload. Doing so will increase customer satisfaction, reduce bounce rates, improve conversion rates as well as drive more time on site.
Akamai Ion Scorecard Summary
About Akamai Ion
Akamai offers the Ion application delivery controller suite to automatically supply performance optimization to websites and mobile or web applications.
Categories: Application Delivery Controllers (ADC)
Akamai Ion Technical Details